Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 30
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• joodle said: one for a seedbox seeding "linux iso's"

And some windows images I hope :)

Be nice to have them locally within the DC.

• WorldWorld Veteran

Availability 29,

but

Error: Offer unavailable, please choose an other

• WorldWorld Veteran

Availability 29,

but

• Monsta_AU said: And some windows images I hope :)

Be nice to have them locally within the DC.

Great idea, i will host the Windows Templates on one of the servers ;)

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • @World said:

The whole ordering process is strange though. Even if you reach the page where you can order a server it doesn't mean that you'll be able to get to the end of the process...

(Sounds somehow like a way to harvest data regarding potential customers, isn't it?)

• ben78 said: (Sounds somehow like a way to harvest data regarding potential customers, isn't it?)

That's obviously not the intention nor reasoning for this.

• @ben78 said:
    (Sounds somehow like a way to harvest data regarding potential customers, isn't it?)

• @joodle said:
    Great idea, i will host the Windows Templates on one of the servers ;)

Good man. Keeps it faster for everybody, and the images are closer to where they need to be. I cannot see Kimsufi guys downloading from Online.Net and vice versa.

I found the speeds of the wget were extremely variable on my attempts, but I imagine that they have been hit very hard in the last few days. Got a BW graph you care to share?

• 0xdragon said: I don't understand why my IPv6 isn't working.. :( I followed @spirit's instructions to the letter. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Check if DHCPv6 is running. I noticed too that after some time just stop working.

ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0

• @kcaj said:
    That's obviously not the intention nor reasoning for this.

Right, if it was the form would stay open so that as many people as possible register. Must be a bug or something (well, as long as it's not a conspiracy... ;))

• sc754sc754 Member
    edited August 2014

@Monsta_AU said:

The speed fluctuations are because of the ubuntu rescue / live cd. I had the same problems with it downloading elsewhere on my proxmox test server. I guess running an OS in ram has some odd problems

• Monsta_AU said: I found the speeds of the wget were extremely variable on my attempts, but I imagine that they have been hit very hard in the last few days. Got a BW graph you care to share?

The server the templates are on right now is hosted in the USA. Yesterday 175GB went through.

• SylmaeSylmae Member
    edited August 2014

tommy said: I only use my server for seeding linux ISO atm.

When will it be my turn to seed "Linux ISOs"? :(

• @rm_

@hwdsl2 you're right.

Aug 25 13:36:39 sd-22822 dhclient: PRC: Renewing lease on eth0.
    Aug 25 13:36:39 sd-22822 dhclient: XMT: Renew on eth0, interval 10920ms.
    Aug 25 13:36:50 sd-22822 dhclient: XMT: Renew on eth0, interval 20840ms.
    Aug 25 13:36:56 sd-22822 dhclient: RCV: Reply message on eth0 from fe80::ca4c:75ff:fe11:1111.
    Aug 25 13:36:56 sd-22822 dhclient: IA_PD status code NoBinding: "I see this IAID first time."
    Aug 25 13:36:56 sd-22822 dhclient: XMT: Request on eth0, interval 1020ms.
    Aug 25 13:37:07 sd-22822 dhclient: RCV: Reply message on eth0 from fe80::ca4c:75ff:fe11:1111.
    Aug 25 13:37:07 sd-22822 dhclient: Packet received, but nothing done with it.
    Aug 25 13:39:59 sd-22822 dhclient: PRC: Prefix 2001:bc8:.......::/56 depreferred.
    Aug 25 13:39:59 sd-22822 dhclient: Impossible condition at dhc6.c:4111.
  • socialssocials Member
    edited August 2014

IPv6 on CentOS 7 (without that dibbler garbage):

yum install dhclient psmisc net-tools

vim /etc/dhcp/dhclient6.conf
        interface "INTERFACE-HERE"{
            send dhcp6.client-id DUID-HERE;
            request;
        }

vim /etc/systemd/system/ipv6-dhclient.service
        [Unit]
        Description=Configure IPv6
        After=network.target

[Service]
        Type=oneshot
        RemainAfterExit=yes
        ExecStart=/usr/sbin/dhclient -cf /etc/dhcp/dhclient6.conf -pf /run/dhclient6.eth0.pid -6 -P INTERFACE-HERE
        ExecStart=/usr/sbin/ifconfig INTERFACE-HERE inet6 add IPV6-ADDRESS-HERE/48

ExecStop=/usr/bin/killall dhclient
        ExecStop=/usr/sbin/ifconfig INTERFACE-HERE inet6 del IPV6-ADDRESS-HERE/48

[Install]
        WantedBy=multi-user.target

systemctl enable ipv6-dhclient
    systemctl start ipv6-dhclient

Thanks @Spirit for providing a working Debian config.

Thanked by 1shivoham
  • socials said: Thanks @Spirit for providing a working Debian config.

I am afraid, it's not so working, because after some time dhclient just die and Debian users will need to switch to dibbler anyway.

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=745455

• So, what are you guys using your server for?

• awvnxawvnx Member
    edited August 2014

kcaj said: I've never used Deluge, I'll remove Transmission and have a play about with it now.

A bit late, but I would highly recommend using rtorrent instead of Deluge, especially for such an underperforming CPU. I'm on a shared seedbox and guess what all the top processes are, by a wide margin, in both CPU time and RAM usage? Deluge is a humongous resource hog.

http://i.imgur.com/fPXFLdf.png (main is rtorrent)

However, setting up rutorrent (the only good GUI) is a bit of a pain.

• @joodle said:
    So, what are you guys using your server for?

1 for template storage,1 for solusvm master,1 for billing,1 for spare

• @joodle said:
    So, what are you guys using your server for?

I haven't decided yet. I'm thinking about using it to "seed linux ISOs"

• sonicsonic Veteran
    edited August 2014
  • @Spirit said:
    I am afraid, it's not so working, because after some time dhclient just die and Debian users will need to switch to dibbler anyway.

Hmm, okay. Seems to be stable on CentOS, though.

• Only 20k power on hours on the HDD of my second Nano.

• Spirit said: I am afraid, it's not so working, because after some time dhclient just die and Debian users will need to switch to dibbler anyway.
    https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=745455

I believe it is fixed in more recent version of ISC dhclient, dunno why Debian has not got the fix yet ...

• If I understand correctly they are out of them, right?

• abermingham said: Our stock has gone in 17min. Many customers scripted our order process, not fair.

Hello,
    Answer please in simple words because support is unable to do that.

What will happen if somebody won't renew this server after a month? Will it be available for another buyer? Or not?

Do you think to restock this offer in few days?

• @theqkash said:
    Do you think to restock this offer in few days?

I also asked that if they'll sell the unrenewed servers but he (Nicolas, I guess) just said "No stocks for futur". But I'm not quite sure if he understood what I said.

• @abermingham said:

you should have limited it to 1 per person. all that you're doing is increasing profit margins for seedbox resellers who are hoarding them.

• theqkashtheqkash Member
    edited August 2014

introducial said: I also asked that if they'll sell the unrenewed servers but he (Nicolas, I guess) just said "No stocks for futur". But I'm not quite sure if he understood what I said.

They are answerring with the same texts for everyone, I think that they have a lot of questions.

So CEO should know the best answer here.

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited August 2014

don't believe them when they say No stock for the futur i got that when i opened a ticket 2 day ago, was pissed off after i seen them sell more server today