Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 27
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• chrisp said: I wonder why their backup host is dedibackup-dc2.online.net and all those boxes are supposed to be in DC3. Because dedibackup-dc3.online.net does also exist.

root@sd-22033:/home# traceroute dedibackup-dc2.online.net
    traceroute to dedibackup-dc2.online.net (62.210.17.6), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
     1  195-154-117-1.rev.poneytelecom.eu (195.154.117.1)  0.950 ms  1.022 ms  1.009 ms
     2  ak2-49e-s46-1.dc3.poneytelecom.eu (195.154.1.78)  1.802 ms  1.822 ms  1.778 ms
     3  49-infra-dc2-a9k2.dc3.poneytelecom.eu (195.154.1.119)  0.730 ms  0.835 ms  0.822 ms
     4  backup-dc2-7.online.net (62.210.17.6)  0.394 ms  0.370 ms  0.354 ms
    root@sd-22033:/home#

Seems pretty close.

• @plumberg said:
    Any suggestions for a torrent program to run under centos7?

im using deluge now, works like a charm.. but im guessing transmission should work as well..

• niclasonlineniclasonline Member
    edited August 2014

@Sylmae said:
    Has anyone ordered one of these either on the 23rd or 24th?

Yes, me - my server is not delivered till now :-/

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2014

chrisp said: I think he didn't mean it offensive, but rather was it his way of saying, that expect is probably the wrong word and what you actually meant is assume.

All I was saying that renting a dedicated server with a contract which includes support and hardware repair on failure incidents and then "expecing" or "assuming" the other party to randomly NOT honor their part of the contract, is downright idiotic to say the least. But I think you got my point already. And I here can only facepalm that this 2 EUR deal brought in people who can't tell their head from their ass when it comes to renting a server, to also become "proud dedicated server owners". Good old days when people bought this stuff only when they knew what it is and how to use it.

• Asked if Online.net will accept payment terms longer than a month (e.g. pay for a couple of months in advance or annually) and have been told that their billing system doesn't support this.

• kcaj said: EDIT: Wow, the deluge interface is like an actual BitTorrent client in a web browser. I'll definitely swap over to deluge on my main server too!

You should try rTorrent & ruTorrent. Much better and even more lightweight.

Personally I wouldn't use any =thing but r/ruTorrent on a server.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited August 2014

@sc754 said:
    For those wanting Centos 6.5 (64bit) I've made a dd dump on proxmox using joodles tutorial:

Effing brilliant - I owe you a beer! It is the Minimal yeah?

For those of us wanting to fire up cPanel DNSONLY on this baby, we now can. Legend.

• Tripleflix said: im using deluge now, works like a charm.. but im guessing transmission should work as well..

I use transmission, it just works.

16:34:44 up 1 day, 23:03,  1 user,  load average: 1.26, 0.98, 0.51
     eth0:
           Aug '14     68.71 GiB  /  185.25 GiB  /  253.96 GiB  /  332.34 GiB
         yesterday     56.22 GiB  /  174.30 GiB  /  230.51 GiB
             today     10.70 GiB  /   10.89 GiB  /   21.60 GiB  /   31.35 GiB

wasting some bandwidth for Linux torrent :P

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • sc754sc754 Member
    edited August 2014

@Monsta_AU said:
    For those of us wanting to fire up cPanel DNSONLY on this baby, we now can. Legend.

Yeah it's minimal. Let me know if it works!

• @cochon said:
    Dropped for me, traceroute stops in first French router after leaving HE's London POP

make sure you keep your DHCPv6 client up and running all time, this is needed to keep the route towards your server

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @hostnoob said:
    better to store your backups in another DC

yes, that's what we do, we have 2 backup platforms , one in each datacenter and customers backups are stored in the other datacenter

Thanked by 2linuxglobe rm_
  • @sc754 I tried, but after the reboot I can't to login in. I'll try again later.

• @sc754 said:
    Yeah it's minimal. Let me know if it works!

Running it now. Download is very slow though, <100kb/sec

• @Monsta_AU said:

@linuxglobe

Probably the network at online, mine kept running at 40kb/s when downloading joodles images. Be sure after you've dumped it on dev sda that you set it back to normal mode in the online control panel and not just rebooting it back into rescue mode

• @Shade said:
    It looks like there are different IP routes to this special server deal and all other dedis. My SC Gen2 dedi goes over Telia, the special offer over Congent - both, i ordered 2.

looks strange, I'd appreciate if you can send me your traceroutes , thanks

Cogent was upped a few days ago, but it's not expected to have different paths for different offers (the network is the same for everyone)

• @mikmak : lol, i speak about this post in a support ticket and bam there you are ^^ nice to see you around.
    @Monsta_AU ... you pay 2 euros/months for a dedi, with the success of this kind of offer, don't expect miracles...

• Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited August 2014

@kuzko said:
    Monsta_AU ... you pay 2 euros/months for a dedi, with the success of this kind of offer, don't expect miracles...

I was pulling up to 10MB/sec from other sites on my other dedi, namely Joodle's 2012R2 image.

sc754 said: Probably the network at online, mine kept running at 40kb/s when downloading joodles images. Be sure after you've dumped it on dev sda that you set it back to normal mode in the online control panel and not just rebooting it back into rescue mode

Finally got some speed out of it. Nope, not working for me unfortunately.

Will try again later on - heading to bed. PM me if you change the image & I will test again.

@mikmak Can we get the Centos 6.5 x64 Minimal images back online and available? Surely these were running up until a few weeks ago.

• Just wondering if we can run ESXi on this?

• RizRiz Member

My image for Joodle was running at 5-10mb/s until the last ~5% when it switched to 40kb/s.

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • @Riz said:
    My image for Joodle was running at 5-10mb/s until the last ~5% when it switched to 40kb/s.

Ditto for me. But still worked and booted

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • sc754sc754 Member
    edited August 2014

@Monsta_AU said:
    mikmak Can we get the Centos 6.5 x64 Minimal images back online and available? Surely these were running up until a few weeks ago.

@linuxglobe

New centos image added (realised my mistake :X), new image is centos2.gz all other details are the same as before:

For those wanting Centos 6.5 (64bit) I've made a dd dump on proxmox using joodles tutorial:

the gz file is at http://dl.fs5.co.uk/centos2.gz

I've not tested it yet but it should work fine, to install it go to rescue mode and after sudo -i run

wget -O- 'http://dl.fs5.co.uk/centos2.gz' | gunzip | dd of=/dev/sda

Default user info is: User: root Password: Password851

Reboot and wait for it to come up.

Be sure to change the password after login! Also you may need to expand the disk after the install as the default disk is 5GB

• My first break this year. Away for the weekend, and this happens. Thinking uncharitable thoughts about those of you who bought in double digits.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited August 2014
  • @chrisp said:

I've heard that SO many times, it's starting to become funny.

Anywho, i'm going to seed episodes of Law & Order Linux ISO's now, cya!

Thanked by 2Sylmae netomx
  • eddynetweb said: Anywho, i'm going to seed episodes of Law & Order Linux ISO's now, cya!

I'm sure it'll be capable of seeding itself without your intervention or supervision, so you could continue to post here. Anyhow, cya.

• Congrats guys on those who was able to purchase! I am jealous a bit

• what is the attitude from online.regarding this "Linux ISO seeding" do they not care or...?

• Tripleflix said: what is the attitude from online.regarding this "Linux ISO seeding" do they not care or...?

For what I think is just like OVH, if they don't get a complain, they don't do nothing about it. They have too many servers to be bugged by that.

• @Tripleflix said:
    what is the attitude from online.regarding this "Linux ISO seeding" do they not care or...?

Someone posted in here the other day that they don't mind people using them for torrents