Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement

Comments

• chris just wants to have his answers, if he doesnt "spam" his quotes he'll never get them because the thread will go offtopic even more.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said:
    Francisco, still waiting for you to answer some questions.

At this point it might be helpful if when you bump it you paste the questions in a short format every now and then, or he's going to be confused as to what questions they are and understandably so. I'm already forgetting half of it.

• @Mark_R said:
    chris just wants to have his answers, if he doesnt "spam" his quotes he'll never get them because the thread will go offtopic even more.

Then let the ship sale to where ever. It is humorous, but IMHO a mod may need to "talk" to him regarding that tactic..

Moving on!

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited January 2014

pcfreak30 said: I mean if I didn't know better, I would say you could create a TV drama show for geeks out of all the stuff being posted.

• Episode 1: exit(0)
    • Episode 2: Chiefly a Money Grab
    • Episode 3: Suddenly, Database Dumps
    • Episode 4: Suddenly, Vanilla Exploits
    • Episode 5: The LowEnd Riots
    • Episode 6: Ball So Hard Vanilla Can't Handle Us
    • Episode 7: A Few Exploits Later, Dude, Where's My Nodes?
    • Episode 8: A Kevin By Any Other Name
    • Episode 9: Shots Fired - ChicagoCrossing vs The Pony Express
    • Episode 10: Robert vs RAMNode: Well That Escalated Quickly
    • Episode 11: A Wild drmike Appears!
    • Episode 12: Crystal, Wanna See My Yacht?
    • Episode 13: [Cluster Error, Title Unavailable]
    • Episode 14: Escape to Piscataway
    • Episode 15: Small Racks, Questionable Privacy and Assumed FiOS
    • Season Finale: March 2015, Apocalypse (or lack thereof)

So on and so forth.

• @ihatetonyy said:
    So on and so forth.

ROFL. And how long did that take to write up? Creative mind.

Thanks for the laugh :).

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

pcfreak30 said: Creative mind.

No doubt I always look forward to hearing from @ihatetonyy, some of his e-mails make my day. Always likes to keep things interesting. Just as much as I look forward to that post card from @jcaleb :)

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • Honestly after skimming 10 pages of a internet drama, It makes me think WTF was the intent of this thread? It seems like all meaning has been lost and just serves as a place to pick up pitch forks and start pointing the first thing you see.

The only reminder I have of the purpose is the title. That should say something..

At this point, my feelings are /thread or make the intent clear without creating a drama..

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

ihatetonyy said: Episode 12: Crystal, Wanna See My Yacht?

LOL

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited January 2014

Alchemists in need of psychotherapy

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited January 2014

Episode 1: exit(0)

Episode 2: Chiefly a Money Grab

Episode 3: Suddenly, Database Dumps

Episode 4: Suddenly, Vanilla Exploits

Episode 5: The LowEnd Riots

Episode 6: Ball So Hard Vanilla Can't Handle Us

Episode 7: A Few Exploits Later, Dude, Where's My Nodes?

Episode 8: A Kevin By Any Other Name

Episode 9: Shots Fired - ChicagoCrossing vs The Pony Express

Episode 10: Robert vs RAMNode: Well That Escalated Quickly

Episode 11: A Wild drmike Appears!

Episode 12: Crystal, Wanna See My Yacht?

Episode 13: [Cluster Error, Title Unavailable]

Episode 14: Escape to Piscataway

Episode 15: Small Racks, Questionable Privacy and Assumed FiOS

Season Finale: March 2015, Apocalypse (or lack thereof)

So on and so forth.

Finally, something we can all agree on:

Thanked by (10):Mark_R, MannDude, pcfreak30, ryguy222, ryanarp, dhamaniasad, ChrisMiller, jarland, drserver, jbiloh

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy Raymii
  • ShigawireShigawire Member
    edited January 2014
    1. do they still host the Buffalos in their Basement?

2. CVPS_Chris: why don't you answer sleddog's question but quote yourself instead repeatedly?
      You are no better than Francisco.
      I had a few servers with you, each one becoming instable after a few weeks.
      Start caring about your customers and the people will appreciate you more.
      And stop being the little child here. Be a man and be able to take the hits, just as Francisco does. Please.

3. Why is is thread even open? We all know about Franciscos bad habits now.
      @Francisco:
      What about an official statement on your website/blog?

I personally think you were providing a good service. What i hate is this Dick-comparison.

And could you please be honest now?

I will do this as simple as possible.
    Does your setup (and if it is just one goddamn server) look like this?

http://i.imgur.com/4SdBrwe.jpg

That's how I understood what you have been doing. Just be clear. I haven't seen a "no, we don't (anymore)" from you, yet.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited January 2014

ihatetonyy said: Episode 1: exit(0)

Episode 2: Chiefly a Money Grab

Episode 3: Suddenly, Database Dumps

Episode 4: Suddenly, Vanilla Exploits

Episode 5: The LowEnd Riots

Episode 6: Ball So Hard Vanilla Can't Handle Us

Episode 7: A Few Exploits Later, Dude, Where's My Nodes?

Episode 8: A Kevin By Any Other Name

Episode 9: Shots Fired - ChicagoCrossing vs The Pony Express

Episode 10: Robert vs RAMNode: Well That Escalated Quickly

Episode 11: A Wild drmike Appears!

Episode 12: Crystal, Wanna See My Yacht?

Episode 13: [Cluster Error, Title Unavailable]

Episode 14: Escape to Piscataway

Episode 15: Small Racks, Questionable Privacy and Assumed FiOS
    Season Finale: March 2015, Apocalypse (or lack thereof)

Season 16 ? http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/20758/unbeatable-ramnode-so-much-happy#latest

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

TheCTS said: -Insert ItsHappening.gif here-

You're welcome.

Thanked by 1Raymii
  • I have a maybe stupid question, not being a native English speaker, what does it mean when a VPS is slabbed?

• @sandro said:
    I have a maybe stupid question, not being a native English speaker, what does it mean when a VPS is slabbed?

The end product being a VPS, but running in another virtualized environment. So basically double virtualization, although 99% of the cases here discussed are not virtualization but contextualization with contianers, which is NOT virtualization nesting, that's why slabbing is more accurate.

Thanked by 1sandro
  • [Mun said]
    A long time ago, a few nuts here on LET stated that all press is good press, so they >started making drama threads like this to garner press. This strategy of winning has >been going on since I started here, and really, you should just sit back here and laugh. >Its not everyday you get to see a provider make himself a prostitute for our pleasure.

Mun

>

Yeah, this just reminds me of those posts on WHT where someone is complaining about a host, and another host replies with "Yeah you should find a good host in New York"

Sig: "Providing Web hosting in New York since 2009"

• Wow the title is ready for an award :)

Thanked by 1tux
  • @CVPS_Chris said:
    Francisco, still waiting for you to answer some questions.

Wow! when the entire village has picked up pitchforks even the village's prostitute takes a hit at the victim :)

Frankly Chris , @Francisco doesn't need to answer squat to you.

No genuine vps buying customer here gives a damn what technology/ methodology @Francisco uses as long as he continues to provide his quality service. If @Francisco 's service was a five star hotel, your's would be the pipes that carry its s*** ....

• raza19 said: If @Francisco 's service was a five star hotel, your's would be the pipes that carry its s*** ....

You should be in the writing business my friend. That is brilliant and inspiring piece of art

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
  • The memory dedup function of the nesting VM would allow massive oversell without much noticeable degradation of performance under light load. However, when there are heavy loads, especially heavy IO loads from a lot of different processes, that is where the containers become unstable and funky things happen, e.g. packet loss, large network jitter, misplaced IO and misplaced bandwidth calculation, and even serious security holes and much worse.

Back one year ago when I was a novice I reported on WTH the "BuyVM Bandwidth Inaccurary", and they were quick to find excuse to terminate my service immediately and banned me. I was curious at that time what made them such panic and what they were really hiding and didn't want people know. LOL. I think someone already mentioned in this thread that their nodes usually down in 4 or 5 a group? Oops, it looks like the site buyvmstatus.com was taken off.

Fortunately, most VPS providers are honest. Out of about ten providers I've tried, only one more is using this technique and it is easy to spot those funky things and you know the provider is committing massive oversell.

That doesn't mean slabbing is a totally bad thing. If well managed and not overloaded, the provider can give you the best bang for your money. Plus, the provider can always have double standards and double faces, and decide to put whom on the good node and whom on the bad ones.

• I don't have time to go through all the new posts, can someone tell me whether or not my question I asked answered? Knowing that Batavia is basically a farm area and has no FiOS available in that area... Did this Batavia home basement database simply not exist? I suspect that's the case in order to cover up the slabbing, but I'm going to refrain from jumping into conclusions.

• How nice to see the LET drama kings and queens back at full speed again, plus the "cluster" holding it...

• @CVPS_Adam said:
    I don't have time to go through all the new posts, can someone tell me whether or not my question I asked answered? Knowing that Batavia is basically a farm area and has no FiOS available in that area... Did this Batavia home basement database simply not exist? I suspect that's the case in order to cover up the slabbing, but I'm going to refrain from jumping into conclusions.

Who cares any more? It's already been done. You two just need to leave it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@CVPS_Adam said:
    I don't have time to go through all the new posts, can someone tell me whether or not my question I asked answered? Knowing that Batavia is basically a farm area and has no FiOS available in that area... Did this Batavia home basement database simply not exist? I suspect that's the case in order to cover up the slabbing, but I'm going to refrain from jumping into conclusions.

Been keeping reasonable tabs and I do not see that any info has been added to that question.

• ChumbiChumbi Member
    edited January 2014

@iKeyZ said:
    Who cares any more? It's already been done. You two just need to leave it.

I think they are just in awe. They are in awe that BuyVM could have pulled off such things without anyone noticing (for whatever reasons); meanwhile everyone is quite aware of the crappy services provided by CVPS. I am sure they'd love to find out BuyVM's secret to success.

Hint: 1. Customer service. 2. A friendly appearance. 3. A stable hosting.

Thanked by 2darkshire wrox
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2014

@Chumbi,

How exactly are CVPS services crappy? You do realize that all the posts you read are alias accounts made by Francisco and Dustin and gang regarding services.

You all need to wake up, this is not about whether or not he slabs his nodes. This is about how he did a bait and switch. Lied to customers about where they are hosted, posted publicly negative things about the host he was with ( ColoCrossing ) when in reality it was not even their services.

Then we get into the bigger issues of stolen code of control panels and cPanel.

We still have not heard an answer about any of this, which is very concerning.

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    You all need to wake up, this is not about weather

we know this isn't about weather

This discussion has been closed.