Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said:
    Chumbi,

How exactly are CVPS services crappy? You do realize that all the posts you read are alias accounts made by Francisco and Dustin and gang regarding services.

You all need to wake up, this is not about weather or not he slabs his nodes. This is about how he did a bait and switch. Lied to customers about where they are hosted, posted publicly negative things about the host he was with ( ColoCrossing ) when in reality it was not even their services.

Then we get into the bigger issues of stolen code of control panels and cPanel.

We still have not heard an answer about any of this, which is very concerning.

Tbh I wasn't happy with the performance but it was mostly due to the way Jeremiah brushed off my ticket when trying to deal with it. So while I have a legit bad experience I can't link it to anything currently relevant.

Thanked by 1TriDoxiuM
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2014

CVPS_Adam said: Knowing that Batavia is basically a farm area and has no FiOS available in that area...

How do you know? Don't you still live in California with your Dad?

That is a screenshot of a conversation you had with Miller last April. The image he showed you was of a prison in Michigan, and asked you if your 'office' (meaning CVPS/Colocrossing/Velocity Servers) was in one of those buildings. Their office is a restored house half a mile from the daycare in Clarence, NY. Not in the image shown in the screenshot.

So I don't believe that YOU actually know the area at all. =]

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • VPNVPN Member

I had a VPS from ChicagoVPS. It was damn slow network wise and and dd ran at 2.7MB/s the four occasions I tested over the first week.

I eventually cancelled it because it was the biggest waste of my money ever.

Subsequently, I went to BuyVM and haven't looked back.

Moral of my short story, who gives a fuck how it's done - it works and often better than some others around here.

• @ihatetonyy said:

Episode 11: A Wild drmike Appears!

Episode 12: Crystal, Wanna See My Yacht?

Episode 13: [Cluster Error, Title Unavailable]

lmao

• JTRJTR Member

CVPS_Chris said: Here is a summary of what we have learned today about BuyVM and all their shady practices.

BuyVM has problems with numerous past datacenters regarding throughput, always blamed upstreams

BuyVM sells service in Buffalo (bait and switch), but it's actually hosted 45 miles away in a small town called Batavia on a FIOS connection

BuyVM stole the code for Solus to make Stallion

BuyVM always insisted nothing was slabbed, turns out everything, or nearly everything, is slabbed

BuyVM has hosted servers in another company's rack, exposing all of their clients to security risk. The guy later stole all of the hard drives from BuyVM's servers.

BuyVM "potentially" had Fran's best friend, Matt, who worked for EGI enter a ColoCrossing cabinet in San Jose and then posted it online.

BuyVM stole the code for cPanel for BuyVM Plus (BuyVM+)

1. What exactly is that supposed to tell us?

2. Good point.

3. Do you actually have proof?

4. How is this an issue?

5. Good point.

6. Do you actually have proof?

7. Do you actually have proof?

So in summary, only one of those is a current concern to customers, one is a past mistake, you lack proof for three, and I don't see how the remaining two are actually issues.

Thanked by 1wrox
  • MannDude said: How do you know?

According to what others who do live in the area have said in previous pages.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Heh heh heh, I was a little bit confused earlier. Batavia is an old name for Jakarta before 1942 and there is no farm area in Jakarta. :P

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited January 2014

@MannDude what do you want to prove so eagerly? Just because Chris pointing out something this makes your BuyVM saints? Things do not work that way in life. One crook + one crook = two crooks. To favour one over another does not make argument less valuable just because it comes from the other side.
    Unlike some blind fools I am actually interested about topic, not just regular CC affairs stuffed wherever's possible.

Thanked by 1c0y
  • LeeLee Veteran

CVPS_Chris and CVPS_Kevdam have more faces than the town hall clock. Oh the irony of them pulling others up for lying.

Thanked by 2darkshire wrox
  • I hope what everyone learned from this thread is that RamNode is our god.

• @nunim said:
    I hope what everyone learned from this thread is that RamNode is our god.

Hopefully next week we won't find out that RamNode is actually being run from a underground sweat shop secretly hidden in a High School data closet.

• HOLY SHIT! V-FIOS SERVES MY AREA.

That site is bullshit.

• nunim said: I hope what everyone learned from this thread is that RamNode is our god.

Sorry read that as RamNode is our goat so now the thread title must include it.

Thanked by 1nunim
    edited January 2014

@Rallias said:
    That site is bullshit.

Anyone who hasn't gotten a paycheck from a company with a score to settle over this info care to weigh in? I don't know I'm asking I just don't trust you Andrew :)

• jarland said: Anyone who hasn't gotten a paycheck from a company with a score to settle care to weigh in?

I qualify under such restriction.

edited January 2014

@Rallias said:
    I qualify

Don't lie, don't make me prove it :)

I'm done with drama for now just don't give me a reason to not be. I sit on a wealth of information that has no use to me. No reason for you to get caught up in it.

• @Chumbi said:

Hi,
    I'm sorry you feel that way. The support department works very hard here to ensure that our services running top notch and it's upsetting to know that most people here are talking down on our service just to join in on the public drama. I understand we have had our ups and downs in the past but even through issues that would have forced many other providers to close, we have prevailed. I urge anyone here to take that in mind when they respond again.

I have been in this industry for a long time and I have seen many providers close their doors after experiencing such incidents. The fact that we are still here and are still able to provide the product quality that we offer should mean something.

I have made this offer before and I will make it again here. If any of you have had an issue or are currently having an issue with any ChicagoVPS product or any past ChicagoVPS product then tell me, I will investigate each and every claim that is sent to my inbox. While I can not necessarily offer a resolution to past incidents, I can offer you a reason if one was not given and if it is within my abilities to do so.

Just let me know. mark at chicagovps.net

Regards,
    Mark

• wow
    such mind
    very response
    much argument

Thanked by 2mpkossen eol
  • jarland said: Don't lie, don't make me prove it :)

Bite me.

edited January 2014

@Rallias said:
    Bite me.

Andrew, walk away. No more drama needs to go down here.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • jarland said: Andrew, walk away.

Like I said, bite me.

edited January 2014

@Rallias said:
    Like I said, bite me.

K

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002081411256

Mods have my blessing to delete this.

• jarland said: Anyone who hasn't gotten a paycheck from a company with a score to settle over this info care to weigh in? I don't know I'm asking I just don't trust you Andrew :)

I live in south east Houston where there is only Comcast and ATT. The site says FIOS is available; if only it were true.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy

@john said:

Thanks. Bad link then.

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited January 2014

jarland said: K

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002081411256

Mods have my blessing to delete this.

Bite me.

And yes, I downloaded a plugin for firefox just to make that picture.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • The owner of this website (www.ubernerd.us) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/facebook_screenshot.png).

Cocky little kid there. You'd be begging me to walk away if I wanted to share the things you don't want people here to know. Best we just let it go. I'm not here to make drama today, but if you beg me I might.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • gsrdgrdghd said: The owner of this website (www.ubernerd.us) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/facebook_screenshot.png).

My apologies, I didn't verify that the link works. It's corrected now.

• jarland said: Cocky little kid there. You'd be begging me to walk away if I wanted to share the things you don't want people here to know. Best we just let it go. I'm not here to make drama today, but if you beg me I might.

You really want to play that game? Make false claims about me? Why don't you prove your statement, instead of going for ad hominem attacks?

This discussion has been closed.