Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement

Comments

• BuyVM has made 4 separate DC swaps, all of which they claim that the DC was the result of the moves. Does no one see anything wrong with this picture? Of all the datacenters that BuyVM has used, it seems that only they have problems with said upstreams prior to the moves.

BuyVM seems to be the victim in all cases when they move to another datacenter, but yet no one else that uses these upstreams seems to have any issues remotely similar to the problems BuyVM claims to have had.

My point being, after all these lies that has been shown throughout this thread, why does no one seem to be questioning the long list of DC moves as well? Perhaps the DC moves were the result of something else and not what they have claimed them to be...

Anyhow, just pointing that out to pile on top.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

123Systems said: BuyVM has made 4 separate DC swaps

Please name them and I'll explain each in full detail since that's what you all like.

123Systems said: BuyVM seems to be the victim in all cases when they move to another datacenter, but yet no one else that uses these upstreams seems to have any issues remotely similar to the problems BuyVM claims to have had.

Incorrect. @qps confirmed the same issues at EGI as we had.

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@123Systems said:
    BuyVM has made 4 separate DC swaps, all of which they claim that the DC was the result of the moves. Does no one see anything wrong with this picture? Of all the datacenters that BuyVM has used, it seems that only they have problems with said upstreams prior to the moves.

BuyVM seems to be the victim in all cases when they move to another datacenter, but yet no one else that uses these upstreams seems to have any issues remotely similar to the problems BuyVM claims to have had.

My point being, after all these lies that has been shown throughout this thread, why does no one seem to be questioning the long list of DC moves as well? Perhaps the DC moves were the result of something else and not what they have claimed them to be...

Anyhow, just pointing that out to pile on top.

Admittedly I've always brushed it off mentally as their market. BuyVM was one of the first successful, truly budget VPS providers. There's no way to avoid that meaning that ports may very well have been more saturated on their side than they were for average other customers. VPS markets blew up in the last few years no doubt, but a lot of DCs weren't very accommodating to VPS providers back when BuyVM started. That may not be an explanation, it's just what always rolled around in my head.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2014

We shall see the downfall very soon. Just remember March 2015, I said it first.

@Spencer said:
    Now the truth is gonna comeout that stallion1 was just nulled solus!

Thanked by 2Spencer mpkossen
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

"All i ask is you don't mention you have contacted us until i speak to your properly."

heh

• @raindog308 said:
    No, people buy on reputation. That's why you see so many who are happy to defend BuyVM (and some other quality hosts), and why you don't see legions of fans defending some other sketchy hosts (several of which have posted in this thread).

Well, I guess I can't talk for all the hypocritical rabid fans. My props to @Francisco and crew at pulling off the technical feat of hosting from a plain ol' commercial office and surviving.

@CVPS_Chris - Be sure to bring up about them trying to sql inject our stallion 1 build.

Fran

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

CVPS_Chris said: Just remember March 2015, I said it first.

it is like, all these months you were idle recharging for your return to the forum hahaha

Thanked by 2mpkossen k0nsl
    edited January 2014

@netomx said:
    it is like, all these months you were idle recharging for your return to the forum hahaha

Nothing has ever brought out Chris as effectively as an opportunity to bash buyvm. We all know what his greatest passions are.

Thanked by 3netomx Mark_R debug

@Francisco, can you please answer the question we all have and why you stole the code

netomx said: it is like, all these months you were idle recharging for your return to the forum hahaha

This was just a warning shot ;-)

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited January 2014

CVPS_Chris said: @Francisco, can you please answer the question we all have and why you stole the code

"We stole it" and added tons of features to the original stallion 1 that took them well over 1 1/2 years to add. Uh huh.

You're aware the files are encrypted right? So just 'nulling' it with a license forger wouldn't suddenly allow you to push features.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    That's why it was fully locked with a reinforced door as well as concrete walls on 2 sides, namely the side facing towards the hall. It wasn't some super sketch thing where there's shag carpet or something all around.

Since you've already said it was an office and not a home, certainly you wouldn't have a problem sharing the address with us right?

@CVPS_Adam said:
    Since you've already said it was an office and not a home, certainly you wouldn't have a problem sharing the address with us right?

I would because it's private information :)

Listen, can you...3? get to the point? I want to go take a nap and if I just walk away from this thread you'll be spinning your wheels.

Francisco

edited January 2014

Francisco said: We stole

Bahahaha wow. Stealing, hosting people in housing. This is getting better and better.

Francisco said: I would because it's private information :)

Cant give the address that is already public information since it is in an office building? Its not an office building its a house.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Quite a lot of skeletons in the closet @Francisco

@CVPS_Chris said:
    Bahahaha wow. Stealing, hosting people in housing. This is getting better and better.

Missed the quote marks there.

Again, please explain to me in exact detail how a nullified solusvm would allow you to include more features.

Francisco

@CVPS_Adam said:
    Quite a lot of skeletons in the closet Francisco

I agree but damn is it hilarious to quote you saying that lol

Thanked by 3Dylan Mitsuhashi Lee

@Francisco,

Alright Bucko, you keep telling yourself that. Im pretty sure all the illegal things that have been mentioned in this thread alone, and you admitting to them triumphs anything I have ever done. You as greasy as they come.

@CVPS_Adam said:
    Quite a lot of skeletons in the closet Francisco

care to explain the quote? I cant translate it

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2014

Call me a fan boy, which I'm sure you will, but I don't see what the big deal is.

• It's not like they're cramming 300 customers on an e3 like CVPS did.
    • It's not like they shadow own and ran companies until people caught them like CC.
    • It's not like they're using fake names (waits for Chris to say Aldy did/is).
    • It's not like they've leaked customer's data multiples times.
    • Etc.

I'm trying to be unbiased here. I'm sure we've all said shit in the past in private that if shown publicly today would look bad. I'm not overly concerned with all of this because I do not feel personally lied to, I do not feel directly impacted by this. My service hasn't suffered as a result of any of this.

If it works, it works. I'd say they're doing something right considering they're ranking higher in the community driven top provider polls than the providers in here bitching, so there is that...

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

CVPS_Chris said: triumphs anything I have ever done.

I doubt this, want to try again?

Thanked by 1kaniini
  • MannDude said: Call me a fan boy, which I'm sure you will, but I don't see what the big deal is.

Typical.

• netomx said: care to explain the quote? I cant translate it

skeletons in the closet == secretos vergonzante

If I'm remembering my high school Spanish correctly...

@NickM said:

bad spanish, but I get the quote. btw, it should be secretos vergonzosos

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Rockster said: Typical.

You seem to know what is typical of me, yet you haven't posted on this account of yours until October of 2013. So explain who you are. :)

Thanked by 1darkshire

Here is a summary of what we have learned today about BuyVM and all their shady practices.

1. BuyVM has problems with numerous past datacenters regarding throughput, always blamed upstreams

2. BuyVM sells service in Buffalo (bait and switch), but it's actually hosted 45 miles away in a small town called Batavia on a FIOS connection

3. BuyVM stole the code for Solus to make Stallion

4. BuyVM always insisted nothing was slabbed, turns out everything, or nearly everything, is slabbed

5. BuyVM has hosted servers in another company's rack, exposing all of their clients to security risk. The guy later stole all of the hard drives from BuyVM's servers.

6. BuyVM "potentially" had Fran's best friend, Matt, who worked for EGI enter a ColoCrossing cabinet in San Jose and then posted it online.

7. BuyVM stole the code for cPanel for BuyVM Plus (BuyVM+)

I have more to add to the list but I need a break for my PB&J.

• netomx said: bad spanish,

Haha, I took spanish class 12 years ago. At least I got the meaning across :D

Thanked by 1netomx
This discussion has been closed.