Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement

Comments

• CVPS_Chris said: BuyVM has problems with numerous past datacenters regarding throughput, always blamed upstreams

No one would expect you to understand what it's like to have issues with a datacenter, @CPVS_Chris

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@NickM said:
    Haha, I took spanish class 12 years ago. At least I got the meaning across :D

there there, here's a cookie

• Came online and I never imagined it would turn into this !!

@mpkossen please change the topic to:
    BuyVM - Lies, Cheats, Steals Solus, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement

I want everyone to be fully informed as this is a lot more than slabbing at this point !

• @ja351 said:
    After Francisco at BuyVM has repeatedly denied slabbing their vps looks like its time for some truth thanks to kaniini script which detects if an OpenVZ container is inside another virtual machine.

Time for some explaining Francisco, this is extremely dishonest.

root@ovz:~/slabbed-or-not-0.1.1# ./slabbed-or-not
    Hypervisor: KVM

Can you provide a link to this script? I'm curious about it, sorry if this was answered already.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

ja351 said: please change the topic to:

I was about to ask for a game, to change the title to something else haha

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said:
    We shall see the downfall very soon. Just remember March 2015, I said it first.

So if BuyVM is still in business on April 1, 2015, will you leave LET and vpsboard?

Or is this one of those "I can make fatuous predictions without putting anything on the line but you should still listen to me" things?

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • Seems like you guys is having some butthurt

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

raindog308 said: So if BuyVM is still in business on April 1, 2015, will you leave LET and vpsboard?

It was just an estimate, and gut feeling. Based on all this I kind of want to move it up 6 months.

No I will not leave.

• MannDude said: you haven't posted on this account of yours until October of 2013. So explain who you are. :)

This absolutely isn't true! I may not talk much all the time but the first time I posted at LET in 2011 I think. I don't feel obligated to disclose you my private data but I am willing to do it anyway if you ask me nicely over PM. I can even talk in my native language if you want to.

Comment was related to your "but I don't see what the big deal is". It's typical for someone who's partial.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Rockster said: Comment was related to your "but I don't see what the big deal is". It's typical for someone who's partial.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry, the quoting function here isn't very good so I only saw you quote my first line of my post.

I was only commenting on the fact that http://lowendtalk.com/profile/comments/808/Rockster shows your first post, according to what is available in that list, was October 2013. I see you registered 2 years before that, however.

I think it was just a misunderstanding. =]

@nunim said:
    Can you provide a link to this script? I'm curious about it, sorry if this was answered already.

https://vpsboard.com/topic/3397-tool-for-detecting-if-a-vps-node-is-slabbed-or-not/

Thanked by 1eol

@Spirit said:
    You must be very rarely around.

That's true. During that post-CC-revelation/pre-vanilla-hosting/hey there's a new forum month, I thought LET had shutdown.

Francisco said: I would because it's private information :)

You've said it's an office, aka a place of business, and part of the public domain, so share the address already. Where is the transparency? Seems to be lost upon all of your lies, deceit and theft.

Don't run away yet, you still have explaining to do.

• @MannDude said:
    Ah, gotcha. Sorry, the quoting function here isn't very good so I only saw you quote my first line of my post.

I was only commenting on the fact that http://lowendtalk.com/profile/comments/808/Rockster shows your first post, according to what is available in that list, was October 2013. I see you registered 2 years before that, however.

I think it was just a misunderstanding. =]

How can this be my fault? :) Profiles in Vanilla does not show complete posting history.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said:

I know you're enjoying grilling him for every last detail and don't think that I don't think that it's justified, but it's a bit ironic if you subscribe to the philosophy of treat others how you want to be treated, considering all the shit you've given others for trying to get clear answers out of you for so many things in the past.

@Jarland, the difference is I actually answered questions truthfully. I know Fran is doing to deflect like he always does. Hes more greasy than a hog in a hog tying contest.

edited January 2014

@CVPS_Chris said:
    Jarland, the difference is I actually answered questions truthfully. I know Fran is doing to deflect like he always does. Hes more greasy than a hog in a hog tying contest.

How is Kevin anyway?

Just messing with ya.

@jarland said:
    Just messing with ya.

No, no, no, protecting an employees identity (not an owner) is FAR different from the crazy stunts Fran has pulled off over the years. Truthfully I am surprised that much of this hadn’t surfaced before.. the guy has stolen software, lied to customers, blamed providers who didn't deserve it, baited and switched customers (no pun intended), the list goes on.

@CVPS_Chris said:

I'll definitely give you that this revelation trumps Kevin. Some of the accusations here are still unfounded. I don't mean that to diminish the ones that aren't.

• Could have been a movie if there weren't so much technical stuff.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I think its about time to invest in a popcorn machine.

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited January 2014

Francisco said: Moved to Atlanta where he didn't pay his bills and ran up another $10k+ bill to his host and got repo'd.

@Francisco - Sorry, I was just randomly reading through this thread. Two questions:

1) Who is the person you're talking about?

2) How did he get "repo'd" and how in the name of all that's holly did he managed to run up a
    $10K bill?

3) Okay, that's three questions :P - what brand did he try to buy?

Marc

• This thread starts off with BuyVM using KVM... and moves to legal action with Solus, I think..?

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy tux
  • kaniinikaniini Member
    edited January 2014

@marcm said:
    @Francisco - Sorry, I was just randomly reading through this thread. Two questions:

1) Who is the person you're talking about?

Jason (kib) previously of NSANE-WAREZ / MGMServers / VerityNet. In the real early days of SystemInPlace he wanted to work for us, but he wanted equity and we were like "lol no."

I want to emphasize the NSANE-WAREZ relation there. I believe it will give you an idea of what this guy is really about... basically he had another business on the side where he set up what I assume to be pirate DirecTV for people. He never said in particular to me whether or not it was legal or illegal DirecTV, so I would assume it was illegal.

2) How did he get "repo'd" and how in the name of all that's holly did he managed to run up a $10K bill?

Jason (kib) didn't pay Steadfast for many months because he had a large amount of debt to the people who provided financing to buy VerityNet. He scammed multiple investors before outright deadpooling.

The theft of the HDDs was a gambit to try to get Francisco to pay more of the bill since he was profitable and Jason was not.

You can read his version of events here, care of Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20080709003243/http://jason.veritynet.net/frantech/

3) Okay, that's three questions :P - what brand did he try to buy?

He bought VerityNet. SystemInPlace (my previous company) wound up with the brand after it collapsed. We never really found a way to integrate it into our product offerings though, and by the the the virtualization business was sold to Enzu (that's another story for another day :)), it had been abandoned. I think GvJordan still owns the domain.

Now... you can argue -- was it a good business strategy for Francisco to do business with someone who was involved in pirate DirecTV and warez... probably not the wisest strategy. But, back then the industry was a lot different, and it was harder for innovative products to come to market, and harder to take advantage of emerging markets. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

• retryretry Member
    edited January 2014

^If LE* goes at this pace, its gonna make people fat faster than any fast food chain.

• @retry said:
    ^If LE* goes at this pace, its gonna make people fat faster than any fast food chain.

yeah, check my post from page 2:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/458114/#Comment_458114

Thanked by 1retry
  • This thread is awesome. There is tons Chest Pit material in here, and stuff that would make one laugh and cringe for days. Anyway, a few things I'd like to say:

1) @kaniini - how some people find themselves in such complicated situations is beyond me, and why would Francisco complicate his life with someone like that, again, weird. Will probably read from that link you pasted when I need more entertainment on the subject; I'm just a lurker who asked out of curiosity.

2) @CVPS_Chris "BuyVM stole the code for Solus to make Stallion" - for something to be stolen it has to be worth a damn. SolusVM is encoded and obfuscated and the bits and pieces of decoded code that I've seen online (e.g. former localhost.re), while they show very simplistic and linear thinking, they don't tell the entire story. The guy who decoded it and released the exploits probably used a service like Decry.pt to decode some of it. The bad news for these skids is that if you encode something with IonCube for PHP 5.4 it's impossible at this time to decode, and from what I'm hearing it won't be possible for a very long time. Full disclosure: I own a IonCube Encoder license as I'm currently working on a commercial SolusVM module for WHMCS. Anyway, back to the relevant point: It would have taken Francisco more time to reverse engineer SolusVM and put it back together like Humpty-Dumpty that it would have taken him to develop a new panel. Sure, I have no doubt that he got the idea from SolusVM, but I doubt that Stallion is SolusVM code. SolusVM works well together as a product and is good at what it does, but individual pieces of it are all but worthless.

3) @CVPS_Chris "BuyVM sells service in Buffalo (bait and switch), but it's actually hosted 45 miles away in a small town called Batavia on a FIOS connection" - I know where Batavia, NY is. It's a small town that was built for the people who work the tool booths on I90, however they don't have FIOS.

4) @CVPS_Chris "BuyVM always insisted nothing was slabbed, turns out everything, or nearly everything, is slabbed" - is that stabbed or slabbed ? Does it really matter?

5) @kaniini "The architecture Xen uses..." - you know way too much about Xen :P - I should get some tutelage from you.

6) .....

Me sleepy....

Anyway, looking back through this thread, hasn't all of this been discussed to death a while back? Makes for a fun read while chugging down some popcorn or Cheetos and washing it down with some soda or eating a delicious burger with A1 sauce and mayo... shit, I think we need some fresh material... just sayin'... TL;DR

• @marcm I Love Kajol

• marcm said: The guy who decoded it and released the exploits probably used a service like Decry.pt to decode some of it. The bad news for these skids is that if you encode something with IonCube for PHP 5.4 it's impossible at this time to decode, and from what I'm hearing it won't be possible for a very long time.

A little birdie told me that it was actually a custom decoder. Private tools, of course.

This discussion has been closed.