Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement

Comments

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited February 2014

I believe this is the question @Mun. To be honest I'm curious myself as well. I don't understand why Francisco has not answered this question yet despite it being asked by multiple members of the community many pages back.

At this point, we have established the fact that FiOS is not available in the Batavia area. Knowing that Batavia is basically a farm area and has no FiOS available in that area... Did this Batavia home basement datacenter simply not exist, or was it on even worse connectivity?

Also, as it was supposedly an office (not sure whether it was a home basement or office, the story has changed) why is Francisco unable to provide the address? Clients have the right to know where he was providing his "Buffalo" VPS services out of and where their servers physically resided.

• LeeLee Veteran

@CVPS_Adam - People had a right to know that you were lying about being Kevin Hillstrand and all other names you went under but kept denying, what makes you think you have any credibility that means you can come along demanding truth from anyone else?

Thanked by 4jar ryanarp wrox iKeyZ
  • @W1V_Lee said:
    CVPS_Adam - People had a right to know that you were lying about being Kevin Hillstrand and all other names you went under but kept denying, what makes you think you have any credibility that means you can come along demanding truth from anyone else?

Lee,

That is irrelevant to BuyVM. In an effort to not derail this thread, all I can say right now is that I was simply only doing my job and following the demands of my previous employer. Kindly PM me if you wish to receive additional information with regards to this incident, but IMO you are beating a dead horse and living in the past.

I do not want to derail this thread and would like an answer to my questions, which Francisco should have no problem answering as long as he's been clean and honest this entire time.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2014

@W1V_Lee said:
    CVPS_Adam - People had a right to know that you were lying about being Kevin Hillstrand and all other names you went under but kept denying, what makes you think you have any credibility that means you can come along demanding truth from anyone else?

I hate you for making me leave mobile view to hit thanks. Don't get me wrong I agree that people deserve to know the truth about events that transpired involving their money and the services rendered, but yeah this is a great time for Adam and Chris to remember that their clients deserve truth in future matters as well and I hope they take this situation and use it to rise above and be better. Anyone can change their ways and I can't think of a better opportunity for a lesson than right here when they appear to be the most open to it.

So Adam, as you seek truth you get a better understanding of the one thing people asked from you for a long time. May it impact you positively. Don't waste an opportunity. I've already seen an improvement in Chris recently and I hope it wasn't a one time deal. Both of you have what it takes to be honest in all things. I'd love nothing more than to say "those are some solid guys who you can trust."

• jarland said: I hate you for making me leave mobile view to hit thanks. Don't get me wrong I agree that people deserve to know the truth about events that transpired involving their money and the services rendered, but yeah this is a great time for Adam and Chris to remember that their clients deserve truth in future matters as well and I hope they take this situation and use it to rise above and be better. Anyone can change their ways and I can't think of a better opportunity for a lesson than right here when they appear to be the most open to it.

So Adam, as you seek truth you get a better understanding of the one thing people asked from you for a long time. May it impact you positively. Don't waste an opportunity. I've already seen an improvement in Chris recently and I hope it wasn't a one time deal. Both of you have what it takes to be honest in all things.

Thanks Jarland.

I first started working in this industry at the very young age of 11, and today nearly 8 years later I am still in this industry and only continue to love it more as my passion and experience in this field grows. When you start at such a young age, you're bound to make mistakes. I accept them and have learned from them, I'm not going to hold grudges about the past. It is not my intention to be dishonest in any way, shape, or form, so if that is the impression that I have given please PM me and we can talk. I would not do anything of such nature to jeopardize the opportunity I have, I am passionate about what I do for a living and come to work everyday with a huge smile on my face, and to me that's what matters when it comes to a career.

Nonetheless this thread is not about me. I'm happy to share my story with you another day.

Thanked by 2jar Mark_R
  • @CVPS_Adam said:
    I believe this is the question Mun. To be honest I'm curious myself as well. I don't understand why Francisco has not answered this question yet despite it being asked by multiple members of the community many pages back.

At this point, we have established the fact that FiOS is not available in the Batavia area. Knowing that Batavia is basically a farm area and has no FiOS available in that area... Did this Batavia home basement datacenter simply not exist?

Also, as it was supposedly an office (not sure whether it was a home basement or office, the story has changed) why is Francisco unable to provide the address? Clients have the right to know where he was providing his "Buffalo" VPS services out of and where their servers physically resided.

Most likely in a town of 10K FIOS for business is available, but probably for only business level customers. There is similar towns where I live with the same setup, and if you go to there website it states that it is unavailable. However, if you actually call up a representative, they usually can confirm service, but that there client base is maxed out at this time.

If it didn't exist why would he have said anything? Wouldn't it be more damaging to state that they were hosting there servers in a office instead of a data center?

No they don't need to know exactly where they reside, you even know that. However, if you are really persistent on that, why don't you all tell us where exactly your servers are located, and what rack numbers? There is a certain knowledge that you won't know about your VPS provider, and I'd rather keep it that way. I wouldn't want you releasing the Kernel version you are using, because it could lead to hacks. I'd also like to note, we haven't seen your office, nor any of your servers. I'd love to see them CVPS.

Mun

Thanked by 1skybucks100
    edited February 2014

@CVPS_Adam said:
    Nonetheless this thread is not about me. I'm happy to share my story with you another day.

Well put, happy to put those events in the past as well. We both know I've made mistakes too. I've decided from this point forward to take a fresh look and judge on what I see now, not a year ago.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2014

I think Fran has been open and admitted what he was doing, not down to a granular level like you are biting at his heels for but it's enough.

It seems to me that this is an event in the past, not happening today so clients now have nothing to be concerned about either from a server location point of view or with regard to slabbing as it works for them and nobody has issue with performance.

He also stated earlier that he was not chiming in any more and hasn't, at least he means what he says in that regard.

If there are answers needed then it's the customers that may have been deceived in the past and for them it's a matter to take up directly with BuyVM. If any current clients have concerns from this thread then again, go direct to BuyVM, I am sure you will get a quick response that way.

The funny thing I have noticed. When someone who has a reasonable $ value in terms of income for CC leaves them, they find themselves being threatened with lawsuits due to unpaid bills for any number of things.

But where a provider leaves that is not so easily intimidated by that kind of threat the CC dogs (Chris et al) appear from nowhere after many weeks/months of silence and start digging up shit.

Now I don't want to be seen as a buyVM fanatic or whatever, Fran is a nice guy, Aldryic, I have no time for, the service is perfect and I do have service with them.

This thread is no longer about BuyVM really, that is the beauty of LET, the thread goes off topic by the 2nd page, people can only read the start and the end and care little because it's no longer worth the read.

• W1V_Lee said: If there are answers needed then it's the customers that may have been deceived in the past and for them it's a matter to take up directly with BuyVM. If any current clients have concerns from this thread then again, go direct to BuyVM, I am sure you will get a quick response that way.

</thread>

• GuanYuGuanYu Member
    edited February 2014

Mun said: If it didn't exist why would he have said anything? Wouldn't it be more damaging to state that they were hosting there servers in a office instead of a data center?

Isn't it obvious? Because he fucked up. And you're fucked up in arguing for them not knowing the truth. BuyVM never had all those servers in some Batavia. Someone must be nuts to believe that. It's popular to bash CC, but stop being foolish forget about CC for a moment and use some brains. Fran said that in the moment he faced accusations about slabbing and now lie backfired. Just accept it.

• I think there's more stabbing and back stabbing going on then slabbing here :)

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited February 2014

GuanYu said: Fran said that in the moment he faced accusations about slabbing and now lie backfired. Karma is a bitch.

Shit, can @Francisco tell me the lottery numbers? We can even go 60/40 if he wants, I'm not greedy.

I mean, he must be psychic to have seen this brouhaha coming up back in October.

https://vpsboard.com/topic/2200-buyvm-leaving-buffalo-early/page-5#entry36114

Francisco said: We have ...8? with CC and another rack in Batavia with one of Aldryic's family friends.

Originally the plan was to have all of it right in CC but we changed our minds and ended up just doing this funky setup using some bonded business lines. It works, it's just not amazing.

• @GuanYu

So you have valid proof that he was slabbing to the extreme with massive overselling? Ohh wait, "...you're fucked up in arguing [against] them not knowing the truth."

Even if he was overselling to an extreme, I don't mind. The performance was good, and frankly I wasn't getting 1 hour map changes like I was with CVPS who oversold there nodes so much that it took about 5 minutes for the SSH prompt to get passed the login dialogue to give me a bash.

Then again, you have no proof he is lying either.

Mun

• ihatetonyy said: I mean, he must be psychic to have seen this brouhaha coming up back in October.

To be fair, I called him out on his slabbing back in May 2013.

• @Jack said:

I am referring to CVPS, not CC.

• @Mun it's you the one who posted the wall of text "how the did it". Do YOU have a proof?

• LeeLee Veteran

@concerto49 said:
    I think there's more stabbing and back stabbing going on then slabbing here :)

Slabbing is going to become the new black.

• / sink

Better still,

/ close

• @GuanYu said:
    Mun it's you the one who posted the wall of text "how the did it". Do YOU have a proof?

No, but nor did I say it was fact. I based my responses on what @Francisco had said if they were true. I can't do much more then that, and neither can you, until someone proves those statements as a lie.

Mun

• CVPS_Adam said: To be fair, I called him out on his slabbing back in May 2013.

So.. you have the lottery numbers?

• GuanYuGuanYu Member
    edited February 2014

Mun said: I can't do much more then that, and neither can you, until someone proves those statements as a lie.

Fran is the one who should be able to prove statements and no one other. But he can't because he knows that he fucked up. If he would be straight about slabbing from beginning Batavia wouldn't happen.
    On the other side trolling CC can be entertaining, but in this particular case only for those who aren't actually interested to know the truth about their favourite host.

• LeeLee Veteran

@GuanYu said:
    only for those who aren't actually interested to know the truth about their favourite host.

If BuyVM is your favorite host it will be because you get good performance, service and whatever else you receive that makes them favorite for you. So why should any of their customers care today what happened last year or before? Unless of course you were one of the clients hosted in Batavia and had issues with performance/speed.

Are you customer of BuyVM? Have you suffered poor service/performance as a result of what is being claimed?

• manacitmanacit Member
    edited February 2014

@Mun said:

As long as the people calling others idiots don't show up, you have a deal for me not to respond.

[Offensive remark removed. S.]

Would it be possible for you to use their/they're/there correctly ONCE, damn.

• From this thread I start to get an impression that CC or its subsidiary employing underage personnel starting from the age of 11, 15 and 16.

Hmmm good regeneration.

• @GuanYu

You are right, but then again he did say that there was another New York location in Batavia, yet you fully ignore it as it isn't the answer you want.

edited February 2014

@vRozenSch00n said:
    From this thread I start to get an impression that CC or its subsidiary employing underage personnel starting from the age of 11, 15 and 16.

Hmmm good regeneration.

If you're talking about Adam he actually ran his own company for a while, did really well and cashed out, company still runs today. Worked for urpad later, then went to CVPS.

• jarland said: If you're talking about Adam he actually ran his own company for a while, did really well and cashed out, company still runs today. Worked for urpad after that, then went to CVPS.

Yes, that's impressive.

@vRozenSch00n said:
    Yes, that's impressive.

Really is. I always said he should've came out with who he was long before, because his story isn't a bad one at all. He did a lot more than most other people were doing at his age, and the company never fell.

• jarland said: Really is. I always said he should've came out with who he was long before, because his story isn't a bad one at all. He did a lot more than most other people were doing at his age, and the company never fell.

I see. So that makes more sense now. I guess GVH_jon is now CVPS_Adam's apprentice?

• @jarland I tell you what. I stole one of those $1 tin foil hat and went a little bit coocoo, but I see a pattern that should Mazker has no language barrier, he would have been a good candidate for internship or apprenticeship. :)

This discussion has been closed.