Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement

Comments

• As an added group of points, I don't think you can garuntee full gig from your CC location in NY to SJ either. Usually large high throughput situations are only from servers that are nearby, thus CDN's like cloudflare, and Google use of multiple data centers all around the world.

Due to the fact that the connection was close in proximity to the Buffalo location, there is a greater chance that the speeds were fully attainable in comparison to normal FIOS that may be pulling files from a much greater distance away.

Mun

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Mun said: Not to mention, you completely ignored my statement about your switching setup in place of a router.

In certain locations we use EX4500s at the core and distribution. They are very powerful Juniper 10GE high-density devices. They do not take full tables. In locations like Chicago and Buffalo we're using MX480s at the core and EX4500s for distribution.

Mun said: The thing was MTR pointed to the lag not being at the node level, but at the provider level. In this case that was a company called ColoCrossing where the routes showed a large spike in ping, which then continued down to my nodes.

No network operates without latency at one point or another (perhaps it was a DDOS attack, etc). While I appreciate your contributions and opinion, it is difficult to have a technical discussion with someone who will not recognize the difference between a datacenter's internet connection and a 50 mbit, maybe FIOS, maybe TimeWarner residential/home office connection.

• MunMun Member
    edited February 2014

@jbiloh said:
    No network operates without latency at one point or another (perhaps it was a DDOS attack, etc). While I appreciate your contributions and opinion, it is difficult to have a technical discussion with someone who will not recognize the difference between a datacenter's internet connection and a 50 mbit, maybe FIOS, maybe TimeWarner residential/home office connection.

Wow, nice under handed way of calling me an idiot. Thanks.

First off as @Francisco stated it was bonded FIOS with around ~125 mbits of capacity, which I think he found out due to actual testing/peak through puts.

However, just because it isn't branded CC, doesn't make it shit either. The real advantage of a data center is usually its close peering to other networks, as well as cheaper / higher throughput availability. By all regards, due to the fact that @Francisco is GRE'ing the traffic into the DC means he is actually garnering the benefit of said setup anyways.

@Francisco did state it is business class FIOS, so it isn't by any regards "residential" as you are trying to mislead. Nor is business class substandard, as that is something similar to what we use at my work. We rarely have any issues pushing a large bandwidth throughput to our peering partner in a very similar fashion to @Francisco's, though we don't use GRE.

In regards to your "no network operates without latency..." you are once again very much correct, but then again you are a "data center" and the amount of issues I saw far surpassed other hosts / colocation providers I have been with in the past.

By the way, do you like breaking your own forums rules? You aren't suppose to call people negative names, which your statement could be easily taken that way. Guess arguing with a 22 year old is too hard, and using logical fallacies is easier and makes it easier to throw my arguments under a bus.

Mun

From the rules:

Respect! We are all human beings, we all make mistakes and we all have different opinions. A failure to be respectfull can result in a temporary ban or, eventually, a permanent one.

• @Mun said:
    Wow, nice under handed way of calling me an idiot. Thanks.

I think you're taking what he said a little too hard...

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

This thread just gets better and better

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • TheCTSTheCTS Member
    edited February 2014

@matthewvz said:
    This thread just gets better and better

It went from bashing BuyVM to two people comparing dicks. Or also known as a normal LET discussion.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @TheCTS said:

I have grown up with those types of comments most of my life, and they intend them more then people whom just say "bitch" because they actually have to interweave their hatred and rationally decide how to do it in a way that is more then just a little "outburst".

Then again, I am really good at noticing things like that because of someone I know.

Mun

• Oh boy what a payback thread.

My point of view is that both parties lost any respect with their ways to wash the others party dirty laundry in public. For me the way of publishing is as important as the information itself.
    And if the way of publishing is bad and part of the information is not true ... then the whole thing degrades to muckraking.

I did not like the bad Chicago posts and I do not like the bad BuyVM posts either.
    Both tell true things and both go over the top and decorate the true with lies.

The intension is clear. If enough pressure is there the "other party" has to admit things and everyone might think that the other points are valid too.

What is the outcome of this?
    Both of you lost reputatopn and trust.

Hopefully it was worth doing this shit.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n tchen
  • Hay guize,

Someone said there was a low end VPS forum somewhere around here?

• @iwaswrongonce said:
    Hay guize,

Someone said there was a low end VPS forum somewhere around here?

Sure thing, head on over to http://vpsboard.com/

Thanked by 2raindog308 TriDoxiuM
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Mun said:
    Sure thing, head on over to http://vpsboard.com/

Banned.

• iwaswrongonce said: Someone said there was a low end VPS forum somewhere around here?

You took the wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @jarland said:
    Banned.

He was looking for a VPS forum, we all know LowEndTalk is really an ad site for VPS companies, and bashing CC competitors <.< >.>

Thanked by 3Lee wrox vRozenSch00n
  • jarland said: Banned.

Our ultra super duper admin here said it was fixed already. We all know how awesome he is. He even changed your thread title.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Mun said: Sure thing, head on over to http://vpsboard.com/

Not a lowend VPS forum, because there is no artificial price limit set for VPSes, and lot of new effort is being put forth to attract providers that don't associate with the 'lowend'. Just so happens that alot of people left this place to find a new, better home, so there are a lot of 'lowend' folks there too.

But thanks for the plug anyhow. I'm surprised they've not bad-word filtered that URL yet.

• @concerto49 said:
    Our ultra super duper admin here said it was fixed already. We all know how awesome he is. He even changed your thread title.

@manndude likes this XD

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@CVPS_Chris said:
    How exactly are CVPS services crappy? You do realize that all the posts you read are alias accounts made by Francisco and Dustin and gang regarding services.

Right. I hadn't bothered to write a review, but here we go. I had a ChicagoVPS for a while as a temporary IRC leaf, and I can't say that it was great. It mostly functioned, but there were frequent network blips (resulting in netsplits), and performance fluctuated heavily. When I e-mailed you guys to recover my account (having lost my password database, and my security questions are always nonsense), I never got a response at all (and no bounced e-mail either).

And this isn't even touching on the awful data security (database dumped how many times?), and unprofessional behaviour. There's a reason I never ran anything in production on my CVPS box.

I eventually decided not to renew, and let it go overdue - not that I could do anything different, seeing as I didn't actually get a response to my e-mail.

Happy now?

• lbftlbft Member
    edited February 2014

CVPS_Chris said: How exactly are CVPS services crappy? You do realize that all the posts you read are alias accounts made by Francisco and Dustin and gang regarding services.

I'm apparently one of the "alias accounts", given that you made the same claim in this offer when I pointed out my own personal negative experience with ChicagoVPS.

The funny thing is that I don't remember having Fran's hand up my arse, and I made it clear in private to him that I was not impressed about the way he had handled communicating various things. You know why I'm remaining a BuyVM customer, and not remaining a ChicagoVPS customer? Because I can't trust you Chris, you never stop trying to make trouble and that trouble splashes back on you and your innocent customers.

I'll make a deal with you though, Chris. I'll shut up about how poor I consider your company if you give me that pro-rata refund I asked for after the third time my personal information was breached, as of the date I asked for it. If you are prepared to extend an olive branch to me I will consider the matter closed.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2014

@CVPS_Chris said: How exactly are CVPS services crappy? You do realize that all the posts you read are alias accounts made by Francisco and Dustin and gang regarding services.

I highly doubt that, and I know that even you can't be that naive. At least they didn't have Jon Biloh recommend CVPS on WHT like you did... =]

Wait, why are you banned on WHT again? Was it for... what was it? Something about multiple accounts or shilling? Oh wait, no, I forgot. BuyVM shadow runs WHT too and used their influence to ban you a couple years ago. Got it.

EDIT: Do I need to dig out the screenshots for proof? (Something you seem to lack in most your claims)

EDIT2: What the hell, why not?

Funny about that need for IPv6, even in 2011. There was 4 or 5 instances of Jon shilling for you before they got removed.

Thanked by 1Darwin
  • @CVPS_Chris said:
    You do realize that all the posts you read are alias accounts made by Francisco and Dustin and gang regarding services.

No one on this forum besides you and whatever alias curtisg is under today have the patience to play sockpuppetmaster by juggling multiple accounts, and you both are terrible at it because your writing styles seep through

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n ryanarp
  • jbiloh said: In certain locations we use EX4500s at the core and distribution. They are very powerful Juniper 10GE high-density devices. They do not take full tables. In locations like Chicago and Buffalo we're using MX480s at the core and EX4500s for distribution.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this, the 4500s are fine layer3 devices -- and will run the majority of routing protocols happily with the AFL applied.

It's not exactly a traditional 'switch' either -- as many people here are appearing to fall over in shock of.

+1 for transparency, JB.

• @Wintereise said:
    Absolutely nothing wrong with this, the 4500s are fine layer3 devices -- and will run the majority of routing protocols happily with the AFL applied.
    It's not exactly a traditional 'switch' either -- as many people here are appearing to fall over in shock of.

I enjoy the comments from people who are trying to shame the platform without any real knowledge of how robust these units are.

• @SysAdmin said:
    I enjoy the comments from people who are trying to shame the platform without any real knowledge of how robust these units are.

Yes they are robust, but they aren't in any way a full replacement for a good old router. They can do the job, but it is putting a device in a situation where it is working harder then it would normally need to. The reason I state they aren't as good as a full router is that, a router can be used to peer in the best direction. However, these switches just have multiple providers dumping and pumping data out. It works, but by no means is it being efficient. This setup will work ok if CC is buying just a predone blend from there upstream, or if they are using a single provider out to the internet, with no blending on there end.

Just in case they were wondering what the switch looks like:

Mun

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited February 2014

Mun said: Yes they are robust, but they aren't in any way a full replacement for a good old router. They can do the job, but it is putting a device in a situation where it is working harder then it would normally need to.

Not the case, my good sir. The only way to even determine that is by knowing what they're even running.

Running L3 for a couple of static linked /16s for example won't even put a scratch on them. And keep in mind that just because it's a 'core' router doesn't really mean what it's doing has to be that substantial.

Would you be impressed to know that these things cost in the same league as the old Cisco 72xx VXR stuff? I know MANY telcos using those as aggregate / area cores.

For example, assuming they have the AFL alicense add-on tacked and they aren't really interested in meshing multiple fulltables -- it'll even do fine eBGP / eBGP-multihop.

Tack on two or three over a NSR domain via virtual chassis / vcps, and it'll likely even be more redundant doing that than a single edge router solution (MXes) from Juniper / Cisco (This is assuming you did not invest in redundancy.)

I personally would scale up to qfabric 5100 if I really needed to run clos routers as PE, but there is absolutely no point for any of you to actually keep bringing up this deadbeat argument.

As a final note, I'm well aware I'm playing the devil's advocate here (at least to most members of this forum) -- but give the router argument a break; it's getting increasingly pointless.

Thanked by 1tchen
  • @wintereise

As long as the people calling others idiots don't show up, you have a deal for me not to respond.

I don't think there is really anything left to say anyways.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
  • Wintereise said: I personally would scale up to qfabric 5100 if I really needed to run clos routers as PE, but there is absolutely no point for any of you to actually keep bringing up this deadbeat argument.

Have fun fixing the bugs all day long :)

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Francisco

Instead of just randomly pinging his username why don't you ask your questions?

This discussion has been closed.