Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement

Comments

• @gutshotz said:
    Regarding the correspondence CVPS_Chris posted, I would just like to point out to him that in no way does that constitute evidence of a theft carried out by BuyVM. AT MOST, it shows that Solus (a registered business with proper legal counsel) has been made aware that a product, with similarities to SolusVM, has been published and they are consulting with their lawyers to determine if any further action is warranted. That's all, no determination of any wrong doing, and definitely no evidence of a theft.

The dates were also blocked out on that screenshot for some strange reason.

• @texteditor said:
    lol, yes CVPS_Chris has 25,000 clients, yet can't drum up enough points to even place in top 10 in the provider poll on a website his parent company owns. So either ChicagoVPS is exceptionally terrible or Chris is lying about the numbers, or both combined.

Well if he doesn't actually have that many clients, stating that he does would be something a judge would take in to consideration when determining his character and how severe a judgement to make if found at fault :D

Anyway, no more observations from me, I've got a bottle of Scotch to tackle :)

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

You all have no knowledge on how anything works. Like I said, time will tell. March 2015.

Back to the topic here, @Francisco, come answer our questions we have. Time to fess up bucko.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2014

CVPS_Chris said: come answer the questions I have. Time to fess up buck.

FTFY...I seriously think you are the one that cares about this, @francisco clients sure as hell don't. He runs a solid business and provides a good product. Make a quality product and treat customers with respect..heck people in general and maybe you won't have so many people raging with pitch forks at your threads and offers.

• I've been a part of this community for nearly 3 years. During that time I've had VPS's from ChicagoVPS, 123Systems, and BuyVM to name a few.

Guess what... out of those 3 I only have BuyVM ones left because ChicagoVPS and 123Systems performance was shit. Apparently this tragedy of a thread is the only way they can compete, how sad.

Out of all the garbage being flung around here, the only real issue is Batavia. Customers were led to believe they were buying and using VPS in a real datacenter, not inside an office building with bonded Verizon Fios.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @ryanarp said:
    treat customers with respect

Why not just ask Chris to turn lead into gold while you're at it?

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@texteditor said:
    Why not just ask Chris to turn lead into gold while you're at it?

Valid point....

• The amount of utter bullshit that's drum up over what amounts to a slice of processor instructions and data transfer is shocking

• @ja351 said:

EDIT!! Here is a summary of what has went on in this thread and the new things we have learned about BuyVm !!

1. BuyVM has problems with numerous past datacenters regarding throughput, always blamed upstreams

2. BuyVM sells service in Buffalo (bait and switch), but it's actually hosted 45 miles away in a small town called Batavia on a FIOS connection

3. BuyVM stole the code for Solus to make Stallion

4. BuyVM always insisted nothing was slabbed, turns out everything, or nearly everything, is slabbed

5. BuyVM has hosted servers in another company's rack, exposing all of their clients to security risk. The guy later stole all of the hard drives from BuyVM's servers.

6. BuyVM "potentially" had Fran's best friend, Matt, who worked for EGI enter a ColoCrossing cabinet in San Jose and then posted it online.

7. BuyVM stole the code for cPanel for BuyVM Plus (BuyVM+)

Here are some more things we know about BuyVM:

1. BuyVM once paid for server upgrades using money they robbed from Girl Scouts who were selling cookies in front of a Walmart.

2. BuyVM trades customer data on internet black markets for heroin.

3. BuyVM hired a hitman to kill a client who described their service as "not the best I've used" in a review.

4. BuyVM's parent company, Frantech, runs a subsidiary that specializes in operating organized dogfighting events.

5. BuyVM has been known to force employees to use time in-between tickets to turn tricks on Craigslist to boost profits.

6. BuyVM leaves the top 4Us in every rack empty so they can slow-roast a chicken with the excess server heat

• blergh_blergh_ Member
    edited January 2014

@texteditor said:

1. BuyVM leaves the top 4Us in every rack empty so they can slow-roast a chicken with the excess server heat

Wrong! It's pulled pork.

• You forgot number 7 they like ponies.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@texteditor point 3 is invalid - I'm still alive. Turn out, the hitman was an old friend - we finished in a bar with some tequilas

• Don't know if this started today, but those BuyVM guys are genius, made me laugh while ordering a service.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@AuroraZ said:
    You forgot number 7 they like ponies.

I read penis and so now that's true. They like penis add that to the list and to the thread title @mpkossen.

Is it just me or is this really just another thread about colocrossing and for the first time since he was made admin I've never seen @mpkossen so happy about drama at LET. He's like a 12 year old girl in the at a Bieber show in here.

I'd probably be giving Fran a LOT more shit here if it didn't mean I would be joining in a chorus with the house brand and all the people who get paychecks from a company that has universally hated Fran for years. This once again speaks to why the ownership here is a conflict of interest.

It also completely shattered the image that @mpkossen doesn't like drama. Love you brother. We all like drama. You've been working hard to make it look like you don't. Shattered, demolished. You're loving this and you've made that crystal clear.

• Thanked by 2laaev mpkossen
  • OP needs to be continually updated as we find out more info about the horribleness of BuyVM

more dirt leaking out:

1. BuyVM's mascot is a horse, similar to the one that was Fran's first lover.

2. BuyVM has regular company picnics at which the entire BuyVM team has been known to play a game they simply call "Arson".

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I'm getting tired of this thread, anyone got new info? If not, I will skip this thread

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @netomx said:
    I'm getting tired of this thread, anyone got new info? If not, I will skip this thread

ok bye.

Thanked by 1Mark_R

Still waiting on Fran to clear up a few issues. Some big ones he has not addressed yet.

texteditor said: BuyVM leaves the top 4Us in every rack empty so they can slow-roast a chicken with the excess server heat

Its more like the top 36u with a switch on top.

• I need a TL;DR version

drama

• @eric1212 said:
    I need a TL;DR version

drama

Thanked by 2Mark_R TriDoxiuM
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Don't make me bring back the drama coupon.

@Nick_A said:
    Don't make me bring back the drama coupon.

Think I got my coupons worth yesterday :P

Back on topic: Still waiting on Fran to clear up a few issues. Some big ones he has not addressed yet.

@Francisco

• Almost everything seems big when you are small.

@CVPS_Chris said:
    Back on topic: Still waiting on Fran to clear up a few issues. Some big ones he has not addressed yet.

Francisco

I'd like to quote something you said to be a while back in a thread here.

@CVPS_Chris said: I think at this point no one really cares, and your both dragging out a thread that is irrelevant.

Thanked by 3ryanarp iKeyZ TriDoxiuM
  • @Amitz said:
    Almost everything seems big when you are small.

Thanked by 2mpkossen TriDoxiuM
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Francisco = CVPS_Chris?

Thanked by 1mpkossen

CVPS_Chris said: Back on topic: Still waiting on Fran to clear up a few issues. Some big ones he has not addressed yet.

@Francisco

This discussion has been closed.