Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• We are aware comment subscriptions are broken on LEB. I will be looking for a new comment system with e-mail notifications and, as @AnthonySmith has suggested, a way to report comments.

Suggestions are also welcome!

vRozenSch00n said: I think LET needs to have a new category called "Complaints" whereas the Users can make a complain within this category.

Any User that posts in this category should provide screenshot proofs otherwise the complaint should be closed and marked "Untrusted Complaint".

You know, I've been thinking about this. But I'm a bit afraid it may open the gate for trolls. Then again, your screenshot idea would help prevent that.

What are other people's thoughts on this?

• Create some rules like those for providers. Complaints can only be posted if the person has X posts, Y days old account and provide proof.

And some rule that when someone complains, the provider can breach (in a limited way) its privacy policy so providers can defend themselves.

When someone comes here bashing a provider I usually look his/her past comments. If they are crap/none I take that complaint with a grain of salt.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Darwin said:
    Create some rules like those for providers. Complaints can only be posted if the person has X posts, Y days old account and provide proof.

And some rule that when someone complains, the provider can breach (in a limited way) its privacy policy so providers can defend themselves.

When someone comes here bashing a provider I usually look his/her past comments. If they are crap/none I take that complaint with a grain of salt.

I don't really agree with a provider being allowed to breach it's privacy policy, however I'm not against them putting such language in their privacy policy, such as "Communications may be made public upon public posting of complaints."

I do agree with requiring a minimum post count and/or account age prior to allowing a review to be posted, though. If the account is brand new and they're posting a review or complaint, they're probably either a shill or seeking revenge on a provider.

Additionally I would like to say that I always take all reviews with a grain of salt, both positive and negative, negative reviews more so as someone that is unhappy is more likely to "review" something than someone that is satisfied.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @petris said:

@darwin Said:

The problem here is that most providers would be breaching their Privacy Policy (my own included) by even admitting whether or not that person was even a client of ours.

Which is why we have the clause(s) about termination, public complaints and our defense thereof, etc. (with limitations of course, no customer information will be posted besides their status as a customer, status of services (paid, unpaid, collections), etc. Only that requires to defend a claim;) unless legally obligated to provide more information (such as chargebacks...)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Suggestion: do not allow any offers/domains to be in BTC unless the BTC amount is clearly stated at the start of the auction/ offer as some people think it is ok to price bump final bids by $20+ regardless of final winning bids.

• AnthonySmith said: Suggestion: do not allow any offers/domains to be in BTC unless the BTC amount is clearly stated at the start of the auction/ offer as some people think it is ok to price bump final bids by $20+ regardless of final winning bids.

I agree with this.

• HardCloud said: The problem here is that most providers would be breaching their Privacy Policy (my own included) by even admitting whether or not that person was even a client of ours.

>

Which is why we have the clause(s) about termination, public complaints and our defense thereof, etc. (with limitations of course, no customer information will be posted besides their status as a customer, status of services (paid, unpaid, collections), etc. Only that requires to defend a claim;) unless legally obligated to provide more information (such as chargebacks...)

I meant add such wording to the providers policy if the provider chose to. You then wouldn't be breaching your privacy policy because that would be part of your privacy policy.

• AnthonySmith said: Suggestion: do not allow any offers/domains to be in BTC unless the BTC amount is clearly stated at the start of the auction/ offer as some people think it is ok to price bump final bids by $20+ regardless of final winning bids.

Updated the rules.

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • I'm not sure if anyone has covered this yet, however "providers", or rather anyone looking to sell services or hire anyone, should be old enough to be considered an "adult" in their country. This age is also generally the age at which contracts can be entered and terms can be enforced. For example, this age is 18 in the United States.

• @petris said:
    I'm not sure if anyone has covered this yet, however "providers", or rather anyone looking to sell services or hire anyone, should be old enough to be considered an "adult" in their country. This age is also generally the age at which contracts can be entered and terms can be enforced. For example, this age is 18 in the United States.

maybe as refference

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/18954/need-hiring-a-affilliate-marketer-for-a-hosting-company

• Yes I read that there as well but I've been thinking the same thing for a while.

• Deal dispute section on LET?

if someone scams you and you've got enough proof then you could make a deal dispute at LET
    and get the scammer banned? ofcourse there must be rules and some kind of structure to create the disputes from.

i saw this on another forum im active on, this might cuts down the amount of scammers and saves potential victims.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Mark_R said:
    Deal dispute section on LET?

Weee, I'm caught up in one of these now!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

Personally as a forum administrator I am not sure if I want to be the judge and the jury in disputes happened out of forum. With broken forum rules are things clear, but holding responsibility for acting against things non directly related to forum just isn't something I would want to. This does not mean that we ignore attempts of a scam operations at forum. What I am saying is that I am against involving forum staff into your personal non forum related disputes by duty and ban people at forum because your bad business experience with them.

As a forum member, reader, I actually want people to come here, to explain their side of a story. Community have more than enough opportunities to expose potential scammer, incompetence and bad business practise, to discuss, to warn people. From there on everyone makes own choice and decide what to believe.
    Of course some people will ignore all warnings, try their luck disregarding of all community warnings and at the end lose their money, but that's their own choice.

• @Spirit said:
    Personally as a forum administrator I am not sure if I want to be the judge and the jury in disputes happened out of forum. With broken forum rules are things clear, but holding responsibility for acting against things non directly related to forum just isn't something I would want to. This does not mean that we ignore attempts of a scam operations at forum. What I am saying is that I am against involving forum staff into your personal non forum related disputes by duty and ban people at forum because your bad business experience with them.

As a forum member, reader, I actually want people to come here, to explain their side of a story. Community have more than enough opportunities to expose potential scammer, incompetence and bad business practise, to discuss, to warn people. From there on everyone makes own choice and decide what to believe.
    Of course some people will ignore all warnings, try their luck disregarding of all community warnings and at the end lose their money, but that's their own choice.

maybe i should've mentioned that the forum who uses this deal dispute system

does not allow moderators to be bothered / involved when there is no 100% clear proof of a scam

moderators only should be making the final decisions based on proof and have the last word, everyone who doubts the mod decision and tries to argue about it will be dealt with too because thats unnecessary argueing.

this can work, it can bring down the amount of future scam victims, but if you guys dont wanna give this a try then thats fine too

its just an suggestion.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • Nice job on the holiday offers - I liked knowing in advance when you were gonna post offers so I knew when to check and you stuck to the schedule which was great. So a +1 from me for this approach for next time!

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited December 2013

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/427642/#Comment_427642

Thanked by (2): Mark_R, Mark_R.

Clusterfuck or excessive radiation?

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited December 2013
    > Thanked by (2): Mark_R, Mark_R.
    > 

Clusterfuck or excessive radiation?

its called a defect mouse, if i click Mouse1 the button stays down for a few sec making it 2 clicks instead of 1

gotta replace it soon its pretty annoying.

• @Mark_R said:
    gotta replace it soon its pretty annoying.

Didnt work for me :(

Thanked by 1MrObvious
  • It appears to have been fixed or Mark_R managed to find a race condition.

Thanked by 2MrObvious IceCream
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@petris said:
    It appears to have been fixed or Mark_R managed to find a race condition.

Thus far I haven't been able to reproduce it.

• I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but how about a bidding 'plugin' for the forum (for auctions)? I know it's not a massive need, but it's just a suggestion.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Can't reproduce the thanks bug, even with 100 async connections.

• @HardCloud said:
    Can't reproduce the thanks bug, even with 100 async connections.

try using a defect razor deathadder mouse.

@BK_ said:
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but how about a bidding 'plugin' for the forum (for auctions)? I know it's not a massive need, but it's just a suggestion.

Do you have a specific plugin in mind?

• BK_BK_ Member

jbiloh said: Do you have a specific plugin in mind?

Unfortunately no, I haven't researched it.

Last time I looked at the Vanilla plugin options I didn't see anything like that but I will look around tonight.

• @mpkossen

Dear, Please add Smileys pack for Comment, I think its Good :)

• @Spirit said:

sorry sir, its problem?

This discussion has been closed.