Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Suggestion: New rule. Colocrossing clients are no longer subject to the rules of private whois and time between offers. If it's reality, why not make it one of the rules?

• budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited December 2013

I don't know why, but post in the offer category seems not giving new post notification. I mean that [n new] with yellow background.

• @Spirit said:
    senthuran1999 is persistent. Guy posted over 30 reseller offers in last month and he keeps coming back with new and new accounts. Sadly there's no "badwords" ban list to add his link to this list because that's the only thing which stays the same (different IPs, new registration mail accounts...)

Yes he is a very persistent 14 year old and he's back under a new ID and the moron just gave away his identity by giving out his senthurian1999 Skype address

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/18365/buymyvm-affordable-quality-openvz-vps-from-15-year-25-discount#latest

TL;DR how about blocking his ID from posting offers since in the past he has posted offers using nulled WHMCS, posted offers for a website that offered warez hosting, etc.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited December 2013

Suggestion: New rule. Colocrossing clients are no longer subject to the rules of private whois and time between offers. If it's reality, why not make it one of the rules?

+1 Agree with this rule @Jarland

I agree under a condition that they post clearly on their website:

"We are a Subsidiary of Colocrossing" or

"We are a member of Colocrossing Group of Corporation" or

"We are Colocrossing Official Partner"

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

After considering everyone's input we have agreed that removing the SolveDDOS post was the best course of action. As you can see it is now gone.

• Jack said: What about

VPS Ace – $12/year 128MB, $6/month 2GB OpenVZ VPS, and more in the USA and The Netherlands

Jack, I know you get a thrill from keeping on kicking against the tree, but this is not the place nor is that even proof. I'd kindly like to ask you not to continue this here.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Since there are so many opinions on what let/leb has been and should be about, how about creating what every business should have. A business idea but one for LEB and one for LET?

By having this "community" idea there will be no way to misunderstand what these sites are about. It will also help the "workers" do their day to day "job". By "workers" I am talking about content writers for LEB and admin/mods on LET.

Decide on what types of posts that will be posted on LEB and set a schedule on when different types of posts should be posted.

If you decide to do it, one way would be to write up a suggestion and then post it in a new thread and let the community has their say about it. Perhaps there will be some suggestions that will form the final version of the "community" idea.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Jack said: OK well maybe if you could atleast post LEB offers so I can read the full thing that would be great, last offer hyperlinks to http://lowendbox.com/blog/4739/ which 404s.

Thanks. It's been fixed by Liam.

• MikHo said: Since there are so many opinions on what let/leb has been and should be about, how about creating what every business should have. A business idea but one for LEB and one for LET?

By having this "community" idea there will be no way to misunderstand what these sites are about. It will also help the "workers" do their day to day "job". By "workers" I am talking about content writers for LEB and admin/mods on LET.

Decide on what types of posts that will be posted on LEB and set a schedule on when different types of posts should be posted.

If you decide to do it, one way would be to write up a suggestion and then post it in a new thread and let the community has their say about it. Perhaps there will be some suggestions that will form the final version of the "community" idea.

I like this idea, actually. Specifically the part where we focus on what each site does. For example: I communicate a lot more about LEB with Jon than about LET. LET is basically 99% up to me, my colleagues and the members, whereas with LEB, we're really working out a focus and plans are discussed first.

Added a sticky for this for the Christmas holidays. Sorry, very busy this week...

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@mpkossen said:
    Added a sticky for this for the Christmas holidays. Sorry, very busy this week...

Know how it can be. :) if you want me to elaborate, let me know when you have more time.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

I would like some feedback from @mpkossen and @jbiloh. If a provider is attempting to deceive consumers here by secretly operating multiple brands and lies about it, using other identities (real or not) as front runners, should they be banned?

It's simple. Consumers deserve to know that when they take their business elsewhere they are actually...taking their business elsewhere. As a marketplace and a very popular website, is it morally sound to take no action and to continue allowing them to use you as a foundation for continued fraudulent activity?

Serious question. The last serious question I have. Because there's a big name here that's been doing it for a while and it's not a theory. The answer is what determines if this website is a fraud itself. It declares, once and for all, what your personal values are. Both of you. We're not doing this in secret, we're doing this here. Declare your values or lack thereof right now, and be prepared to follow through with what you say.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Suggestion: LET/B should have an independent unbiased board of people who make decisions on dishing out punishments or moderation made up of 2 hosts and 2 community members and the majority of 3 must agree.

I can only imagine how sick Jon must be of answering the same questions over and over again only to be dismissed time after time, now all his moderators are getting the same lack of respect, i.e. staff here are damned either way, no doubt this would even the balance.

@HardCloud said:
    Good point, I'm going to fork it now and see what I can't chock up, maybe put some pull requests in. Do you guys have your own fork of it yet, or should I just go off the official one?

We are pretty sure we fixed the quote plugin. Let me know if you're able to get it to break when quoting someone.

• Testing

@jbiloh said:
    We are pretty sure we fixed the quote plugin. Let me know if you're able to get it to break when quoting someone.

Awesome, will let you know. It seems it happened most befoer with multiple line or paragraph replies, and when nested quotes existed. We'll see if that's the case now.

@HardCloud said:
    Testing

Awesome, will let you know. It seems it happened most befoer with multiple line or paragraph replies, and when nested quotes existed. We'll see if that's the case now.

Looks better!

• @jbiloh said:

Announcements are now penguins, good touch.

Also, quote plugin is def. still buggered (see this post.)

• AnthonySmith said: Suggestion: LET/B should have an independent unbiased board of people who make decisions on dishing out punishments or moderation made up of 2 hosts and 2 community members and the majority of 3 must agree.

I can only imagine how sick Jon must be of answering the same questions over and over again only to be dismissed time after time, now all his moderators are getting the same lack of respect, i.e. staff here are damned either way, no doubt this would even the balance.

I really like this idea. What kind of situations would you see this "council" being active in? Deliberating for every single thing does seem overkill (though Spirit, jcaleb and I do that on Skype every day).

@HardCloud said:
    Also, quote plugin is def. still buggered (see this post.)

I see that, aghhh.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I'd suggest adding a footer to the sites (LEB/LET) that clearly states that they are part of / owned by ColoCrossing. People who are not closely involved in the community, do not usually seem to be aware of this.

• RocksterRockster Member
    edited December 2013

joepie91 said: People who are not closely involved in the community, do not usually seem to care of this

Here let me edit this for you.

@mpkossen said:
    I really like this idea. What kind of situations would you see this "council" being active in? Deliberating for every single thing does seem overkill (though Spirit, jcaleb and I do that on Skype every day).

I would say there is an option to call it to council once X members request it or if the mods feel that independent arbitration is required then they can call on it themselves without vote.

I also think the members of this council should not be allowed to be in post any longer than 4 months in any 12 month period unless absolutely needed due to being unable to find a replacement, this would keep things very fair and unbiased.

• This "Council" idea is great in theory (and I'm all for it), but it may lead to a very bad end if it isn't careful planned before execution. A good example (sadly, again I must use this example) is WebHostingTalk's HelpDesk team. They handle every issue from post reports, general moderation, ban list management, site support, etc.

They even middleman purchases (companies, clients, etc), as well as create temporary accounts for those who need them (when selling a company anonymously) and handle all sorts of those little things.

That is an example of a working Council of sorts.

• HardCloud said: That is an example of a working Council of sorts.

They have years ahead of us. :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

There's so much of business interest from so many parties who depend from offers advertising at LET/LEB that everyone who became part of this Council would be seen as part of evil empire and every his action judged according to this.
    Many people here don't care about your background or your best intentions. Once you're in it doesn't matter what you do or don't do. You're target of everyone's daily frustrations. Often just because they can. And the only way to get away with it is to do as less as possible, stay small and unnoticed.

Personally I don't believe that it's possible to reach balance here anymore.
    I didn't agree with @Chief in a lot of things but he was right when he said that LET is generally a low-moderated forum and we like it like that, it's fun, but at some point that fun has turned in to pure compulsive stupidity by a select few with zilch or little self-control.

Every Council member would experience this on daily basis disregarding all his work and best intentions to make something decent from this place. Or maybe that's just frustration talks out of me?

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Spirit said: Personally I don't believe that it's possible to reach balance here anymore.

No it's not possible. The owner has the same business as many who wants their product offers posted, even you tried the best to provide the community, people will still considered you unfair.

Spirit said: LET is generally a low-moderated forum and we like it like that, it's fun, but at some point that fun has turned in to pure compulsive stupidity by a select few with zilch or little self-control.

Then a clear Terms of Use and Forum Rules must be re-enacted.

Spirit said: Or maybe that's just frustration talks out of me?

Most people would say "how difficult it is to administer a forum". They wouldn't know it until they stepped on the same shoes, and realize their foot won't fit.

Thanked by 1mpkossen

You may have a point @Spirit but part of the reason for this suggestion is because I really did not like how people turned on yourself and mpkossen during the recent threads, really no need for it, your both here in my eyes to help the community element and anyone that thinks your part of a bigger conspiracy is just plain silly, if a bigger conspiracy was playing out then personally I would think that extra care would be made not to allow you to become aware of it due to the position you are in.

Anyway just an idea, I have never been one to not try things because of what might happen, only way to find out if things work is to try them, look at that guy in London that opened the restaurant during the last recession, he had no prices and said pay what you think is fair for your food, the amount you pay will never be questioned and no minimum is set.

Long story short his idea was laughed at, people said human nature would leave him bankrupted in a month, however what actually happened was people supported his good will and gesture and he made a massive success of it.

If it helps then I am happy to put myself forward and will also say no offers would be posted during the period in question.

I initially got on OK with @Chief but he turned in to an idiot with a persecution complex in the end, cant say I am surprised and perhaps it should have been expected, in principal you are right though the idea behind how he wanted to run it was fine, sadly due to his complete lack of involvement for massive periods of time he let the place stagnate as he was not posting offers and was not giving people the access they needed to fill in the gaps either.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n Spirit
  • I think it would be nice to have a button or something on each thread that makes it possible to download a entire thread with all content
    ive seen some threads with valueable information, it would be nice to have it saved in one click.

This might add alot of load on the server though.

• Should be pretty easy to do that client side.

You can get any page here as json as in http://lowendtalk.com/discussion.json/11741/feedback-suggestions/p11 ) or http://lowendtalk.com/discussions.json

• I think LET needs to have a new category called "Complaints" whereas the Users can make a complain within this category.

Any User that posts in this category should provide screenshot proofs otherwise the complaint should be closed and marked "Untrusted Complaint".

• @Darwin said:
    Should be pretty easy to do that client side.

You can get any page here as json as in http://lowendtalk.com/discussion.json/11741/feedback-suggestions/p11 ) or http://lowendtalk.com/discussions.json

if i wanted to mess around client-side i wouldn't have made a site suggestion.

This discussion has been closed.