Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGVPS offline - My server offline more than 5 days. - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UGVPS offline - My server offline more than 5 days.

Comments

• serverianserverian Member
    edited December 2013

One website.
    ~100 active users.
    Countless drama.

COMING THIS SUMMER.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Francisco said: because no one cares

Exactly. No one cares anymore, the truth is out and everyone knows it.
    I am just surprised that people which agreed for a hoster (you) to run this site before are now ballistic about a DC doing it. I dont agree with CC's takeover, I just say things are much better but the slack is much thicker against them.
    I do not care about UGVPS or any other brand owned or not by Chris and CC as long as they are not the ones running the show here, but some old and respected members of the community.
    mpkossen or Spirit will never act at jbiloh's command, or, at least not without putting some resistance or even resigning. At least this is what I think, I hope I wont be proven wrong.

• Maounique said: I am just surprised that people which agreed for a hoster (you) to run this site before are now ballistic about a DC doing it.

So you're surprised that community 'agreed' for one host to run the site, but were angry about a DC apparently taking it over by stealth?

edited December 2013

Francisco didnt exactly come forward with running the show here, even now he denies it, but everyone knew it, Chief couldnt be bothered to do anything, was just the frontman and people agreed in the end as it was at least running...
    Things changed now there is much more openness and CC agrees they went the wrong way, they also have a lot of things to hide regarding Chris's involvement and many other shady things, but I can feel a marked improvement since they took over.
    There is the vpsboard for people that do not like LET, there is the good ole BuyVM so there is a choice for everyone, at least now we know where we stand.
    I dream one day to have a free community, but until then, I can accept small steps and improvements as long as there are some.
    I can assure you that if Francisco, jarland or any other of my enemies without solid proof of gross misconduct (ddos, threats, spreading private information on people, cracking or something like that) will be banned here, I will no longer come.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Nekki said: So you're surprised that community 'agreed' for one host to run the site, but were angry about a DC apparently taking it over by stealth?

No one agreed for me to run it either. LEA saw that I would have been a good fit..if it wasn't for me also running BuyVM.

LEA himself already made a post a few months ago about this very subject and that he never wanted a host to own the site.

He still mans his @gmail as far as I know so you're welcome to go ask him youself if you think i'm lying.

Francisco

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited December 2013

Maounique said: Francisco didnt exactly come forward with running the show here, even now he denies it, but everyone knew it, Chief couldnt be bothered to do anything, was just the frontman and people agreed in the end as it was at least running...

OK, assuming you're right and he did, what exactly did Fran have to gain by running things? There are some clear motivations that can be drawn from CC's ownership, but I just can't fathom what was in it for Fran.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Francisco you just proved @maounique 's point. You like me, but you like to ridiculize (or bull) users against you guys.

Nekki said: The are some clear motivations that can be drawn from CC's ownership, but I just can't fathom what was in it for Fran.

Exactly. There was nothing. Look at how many posts we had via LEA. What, maybe 4 - 5? I could have been posted every 30 days just like the rest but we posted every XY months when we had stock to cover things.

Instead, I stuck around and was posting nearly every day and debunked or straight out warned of likely deadpoolers.

Now, CC on the other hand is on record for literally "cold emailing" (read: spamming) VPS hosts to try to get them to move to colocrossing. Don't believe me? It's on record at WHT if you look.

@netomx - I hardly bully, but I'll defend my company and staff members when they're being unfairly smacked around. It has been a long time since I've had to step in to defend them, though, since they do that themselves.

TL;DR I had no intentions of ever posting in this thread. Instead, I have a literal bowl of popcorn on my desk following whatever interesting comments come up.

Francisco

Thanked by 2k0nsl HalfEatenPie
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited December 2013

@Francisco said:
    No one agreed for me to run it either. LEA saw that I would have been a good fit..if it wasn't for me also running BuyVM.

>

LEA himself already made a post a few months ago about this very subject and that he never wanted a host to own the site.

>

He still mans his @gmail as far as I know so you're welcome to go ask him youself if you think i'm lying.

I don't think you ever ran LET/LEB, not because you said so but simply because I never saw any evidence of it. Mao seems a clever guy, but does have a habit of going tinfoil hat about things, so I find it hard to believe a lot of the conspiracy stuff he comes out with and I wanted to try and work out how he was rationalising his suggestion, his differences with Aldyric aside.

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited December 2013

@Nekki they did in some way. It's not conspiracy but influence over community used in a wrong way. Chief wasn't exception. He was their puppet too until he fucked them all.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @Heinz said:
    Nekki they did in some way. It's not conspiracy but influence over community used in a wrong way. Chief wasn't exception. He was their puppet too until he fucked them all.

Never saw anything like that, and I lurked here a lot in the period we're discussing due to a boring job. Maybe you could PM me with some more details of what you believe went on?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Well all I can say is f**k this thread.

It is so off topic now that Chief and drmike are being brought in to it.

bored.

Real bottom line: Whoever is running UGVPS clearly has a lot to hide and has fucked things up, take your back up's set off a primecoin miner and move on, so much bile in here now you will get burned if you stay.

Thanked by 4ska connercg lbft switsys
    edited December 2013

My ban proves it. Was for the thread where I was proving 2 gbps cannot cover the 500 GB/mox5000 vms at least not even if oversold 10:1, and also MANY, and I say MANY people with good rep here were proving with test their buyvm boxes suck big time.
    When their name calling, insulting GIFs and all the gang-rape proved ineffective to discredit so many people posting problems, switched the story to the bad DC, one that they ridiculed other providers for.
    Few bought it, but it was obvious they can no longer hide things so moved out.
    No insults, not lynch mob can cover the truth in the end.
    And, no, there was no need to post offers, but every second thread was about BuyVM ad nauseum, when the veil was really thin.
    Now BuyVM is a solid business, much stronger that most here but there are many which offer better quality for similar money, and there were before too, they just managed to hide it well.

AnthonySmith said: so much bile in here now you will get burned if you stay.

Not from my part :) I didnt call names, not even when they banned me, in fact it was Aldryic posting insults like others still do now, but nobody thought of asking them to be civilized, because, you know buyvm was not running the site.
    Actually, this was always fun, I didnt even get angry, but I do not forgive Aldryic for what he did. Never wil because I doubt he will ever apologise or even admit he did something wrong.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Mao they banned you because at that specific point in time which was no secret or hidden in any way from anyone apart from you apparently they had the power to do so, they got pissed off with your war and peace rants.

edited December 2013

Then it was a very odd moment to pick. Exactly on the thread where more than half the regulars here posted their extremely poor network results from their BuyVM boxes.
    Coincidence, of course, but my point is that a coincidence like that where CC decides to ban an abnoxious member when giving some proof, presuming that he did swear and insult like Aldryic did everyone would be up in arms for the CC martyr.
    I was just stating the obvious, how things were then and how are they now.

• @AnthonySmith said "It is so off topic now that Chief and drmike are being brought in to it."

back to the topic at hand

@domainbop said"
    The contact info on all of the IP addresses that are SWIPed to UGVPS is invalid: http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-198-23-167-128-1/pft

The contact info on all of the contacts associated with those IPs is also invalid http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/ARINC35-ARIN/orgs

The email address, phone, and street address are all invalid andl need to be fixed. https://www.arin.net/contact_us.html

@UGVPS @cvps_chris : it would be advisable to fix the invalid SWIP contact info on those IP address ranges before someone files a complaint with ARIN because that invalid info is a violation of ARIN rules...

complaint form: https://www.arin.net/public/fraud/index.xhtml

Maounique said: Then it was a very odd moment to pick. Exactly on the thread where more than half the regulars here posted their extremely poor network results from their BuyVM boxes.

Coincidence, of course.

The network stuff we manned up to and went to war with EGI for 8 months. In the end we ate thousands to grab our gear and go somewhere that improved things greatly.

How many hosts take a price hike on the chin to provide a better service? We left Buffalo and did the exact same thing. Our costs went up by 50% yet no one but myself am paying for that. No bump in anyones prices or anything of the sort.

Why hasn't Prometeus left Incero yet due to their lack of IPV6?

Francisco

Maounique said: My ban proves it.

You said it in a PM to me that I didn't press the button "but that i probably commanded it"

Trust me. If I wanted you out I would have simply nuked you from the database when I migrated things from Linode.

Francisco

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

newsflash: the ugvps.com domain name is now unsuspended after Crystal provided GoDaddy with correct ownership info and it is once again being forwarded to google.com.

UGVPS is still using a PayPal address to accept payments that is tied to a @ugvps.com email address. Since they do not control the domain name that their PayPal account is tied to it would be safe to say that they are now officially fucked.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited December 2013

Would it be too much to ask Maonique and Francisco to take their couples fight to their bedroom, and leave Tom and Crystal to fight alone?

@DomainBop said:
    UGVPS is still using a PayPal address to accept payments that is tied to a ugvps.com email address. Since they do not control the domain name that their PayPal account is tied to it would be safe to say that they are now officially fucked.

Paypal allows email aliases. It's quite likely that the @ugvps.com was an alias and the original is at another domain.

Thanked by 2DomainBop switsys
  • @DomainBop said:
    newsflash: the ugvps.com domain name is now unsuspended after Crystal provided GoDaddy with correct ownership info and it is once again being forwarded to google.com.

UGVPS is still using a PayPal address to accept payments that is tied to a ugvps.com email address. Since they do not control the domain name that their PayPal account is tied to it would be safe to say that they are now officially fucked.

All she needs to do is creating that email address and get a password recovery from Paypal and BOOM

• serverian said: All she needs to do is creating that email address and get a password recovery from Paypal and BOOM

I'm afraid if she takes the income from the operation, she will have to accept the debts too.

• @Maounique said:
    There is the vpsboard for people that do not like LET, there is the good ole BuyVM so there is a choice for everyone, at least now we know where we stand.

I understand your possible source for suspicions but they're completely false. BuyVM does not "run" vpsBoard. If you're assuming hosting wise then yes, while the main functions of the board is hosted on BuyVM we have many additional parts of the board hosted on many other providers (RamNode, DigitalOcean, TortoiseLab, etc.).

Now if we look into the staff members then yes everyone is paid by a hosting company. But unlike LE*, we're not all from the same company. Even then if we participate in the offers posting we make sure we follow our own rules. There's a clear divide between what's "business" and what's us being vpsBoard staff (and taking action).

The "influence" you speak of is just individuals being members of a community. You like some people, you dislike others. Sometimes more than one person can like that person and agree with them. It's just people being people.

Also, this has absolutely nothing to do with UGVPS and this entire situation.

Source: vpsBoard Staff Member

edited December 2013

Francisco said: Why hasn't Prometeus left Incero yet due to their lack of IPV6?

I decided to reply that in a PM (THIS TIME !)
    You are free to open a thread with accusations and I will reply you there with proof.

gsrdgrdghd said: Guys can we cut back on the old, boring drama and have more of the new drama?

No problem with me, Francisco is preparing something really juicy, this will be glorious.

• Guys can we cut back on the old, boring drama and have more of the new drama?

• OK!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Please,I'm in marital meetings and it is so boring!

• joelgm said: Paypal allows email aliases. It's quite likely that the @ugvps.com was an alias and the original is at another domain.

One is the main one, which needs to authorize any other e-mail changes. Customers see the main one. So they're still just as much fucked. :-)

• jaypeesmithjaypeesmith Member
    edited December 2013

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Guys can we cut back on the old, boring drama and have more of the new drama?

Exactly...can we move the old beef to a different thread? I was actually interested in this until some people started bringing old (and unrelated) issues with others into this discussion.

• Question - how many actual users are currently offline? It seems this thread is about predicting the failure of this company. But is anyone actually offline right this second?