Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGVPS offline - My server offline more than 5 days. - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UGVPS offline - My server offline more than 5 days.

Comments

• jarland said: I'll give you two possible reasons and not much left for a grey area.

• It's run by complete morons who cannot begin to comprehend how to conduct an interview or background check. In which case, I hope the customers enjoy the uptime and data privacy because any sense of it is a mere stroke of luck.

• It's run by complete geniuses who have found the recipe for milking this set of websites dry and they know that no matter what they do they'll keep making sales because most people won't even read these threads anyway. In which case, enjoy it while it lasts, you know who to point to when this place is eventually made up of 80% companies that look suspiciously like possible alter egos of whatever convict Chris hired this time.

Take your pick, but the answer is not that CVPS is just unfairly hated for no reason. It's been nothing but attempts to deceive this community for years and that's all it'll ever be.

If CVPS is proven to own UGVPS, I propose that this provider finally be banned for it's repeat attempts at deception to squeeze a few extra pennies out of shoppers. If Chris believes his own words, he should agree with those terms.

Of course they are not always hated or disliked without a reason, but there's a lot of prejudice. The data breaches weren't pretty and I have to say Chris isn't always the most tactful speaker, but the amount of dung that gets tossed at them is sometimes just insane. Other providers that have been breached and people don't have any prejudice about usually don't get hammered like this.

I've deliberately left out names/examples, as I don't want to drag everybody into this mess.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

Breached? I'm talking about lies and deception. I'm talking about breaking more rules of this site than any provider not banned. You've been here long enough to remember things. The solus breach was not where anything began. I stand by my proposal. It's easy. If CVPS doesn't own UGVPS, no one is bothered by the terms.

• @mpkossen said:

There is a reason for this.

Generally what goes down is someone at CC (or anyone) will post a d0x or some other kind of crazy thing about someone in the business.

The fact is that I don't want anyone to trace me, particularly not @ CC.

I quit the LET community for a reason.

• It's a cold night baby... Time to throw another log on the fire.

If Divinite lives in Australia, I'm surprised she uses a Zurich IP to post here.

I don't doubt this. Many of us use VPNs and proxies. Comes with the territory.

Chris isn't always the most tactful speaker

Tactful, no. Pitbull, yes. People would have more support for Chris if he wasn't proven lying in the past:

1. Who is Kevin Hillstrand, I mean Adam Ng? Remember that story or should I link it :) ?
    2. Fabozzi never worked for ColoCrossing, even though there are documents that say otherwise and contradicts CC's own info earlier.

I'll stop there so I don't catch the opera house on fire.

• @mpkossen Many users use proxy to access internet for different reasons with privacy being the primary concern for most. It should not be the reason to cast doubt unless it proves anything.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited December 2013

HostNun said: Bless this thread!

Amen, bless the child

Thanked by 1Smabowlski
  • Look folks what Santa Claus pointed me to...

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/5172/system-test-free-2-week-vps-details-inside

mycsrt4 Member

October 2012 edited October 2012 in Offers FlagThanks

Hello,

I want to test the reliability of this node. Looking for 10 testers to have a 2 week free trial. Please if your one of the ten people who sign up please send any issues and report what was great / good / bad / awful. (You can submit a ticket inside of whmcs to tech support) Suggestions wanted!!

This isnt going to be the main website(domain) and so far there is not a website. I rather work out the service before i worry about looks and a name.

This will be another lowendbox type host. I thank everyone in advance for all the testers.

Little info about the test accounts. Type: OpenVZ - SolusVM Cpu: 4 cores Ram: 1.5GB Space: 10GB Speed: 100MBPS Bandwidth: 300GB Location: East Coast

Signup Link: https://www.warfrontcafe.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=12

Thank you,

Tom

Then by November 1, 2012, he went full gender bender odd/nuts and started the Crystal routine:
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/ug-vps-4-99month-1gb-openvz-vps-in-north-carolina-chicago-and-uk/

• Dons tin-foil hat

Okay, let's assume I'm the exact same user as @CrystalD.

1) That means I've been impersonating Crystal since November 2012.

2) This means that I stayed up for ages and interacted constantly with the LET community on IRC as Divinite while actually being Crystal.

3) Timezones. It don't work.

4) Seriously, if you're searching that deeply for something that confirms your suspicions, you will find it. However, it will, most of the time, be incorrect.

5) This means that the Divinite that you had a huge fight with and that you also banned from your "1337 underground anonymous haxxors" IRC network is actually Crystal.

6) This means that your argument is just invalid. To be perfectly honest, no offence @CrystalD, I just don't want to be you.

:)

Thanked by 1Smabowlski
  • jarland said: I'm talking about lies and deception

You mean the Adam/Kevin thing?

edited December 2013

@mpkossen said:
    You mean the Adam/Kevin thing?

Think buffalovps all the way up to "I have no affiliation with CC other than being a client of theirs." You know what I'm talking about. It's been a pattern for years, the solus thing isn't even on my radar. The patten has been to break the rules of LEB/LET and deceive for personal gain, which gets everyone else banned of course.

I'm not trying too hard to dig up history though, if CVPS owns companies and lies about it they are attempting to commit fraud against the members of this community. If they don't own the other company, cool deal. I'm merely acknowledging that it's getting a bit hard to call it a coincidence that so many shady dealings end up coming from their own back yard. It's time people start holding them accountable for what is, at the very least, a pattern of extremely poor judgement. At the most, a pattern of fraud.

Thanked by 1Smabowlski
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Divinite said:
    Dons tin-foil hat

Okay, let's assume I'm the exact same user as @CrystalD.

1) That means I've been impersonating Crystal since November 2012.

2) This means that I stayed up for ages and interacted constantly with the LET community on IRC as Divinite while actually being Crystal.

3) Timezones. It don't work.

4) Seriously, if you're searching that deeply for something that confirms your suspicions, you will find it. However, it will, most of the time, be incorrect.

I'm not saying that you (Divinite) are Crystal. I'm simply pointing out that there's a strong similarity in writing style across users. With everybody supposedly defrauding everybody and having access to everybody elses shit, I couldn't even be sure that you are actually the real Divinite and not a third party having somehow gained access over your account. Right now, the entire situation is pretty much a giant black box.

5) This means that the Divinite that you had a huge fight with and that you also banned from your "1337 underground anonymous haxxors" IRC network is actually Crystal.

• You weren't banned. You decided not to come back.
    • It's not a "1337 underground anonymous haxxors" IRC network, and I'm not sure why you're presenting it as if I somehow claimed that.
    • See above.

6) This means that your argument is just invalid. To be perfectly honest, no offence @CrystalD, I just don't want to be you.

Again, see above.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2013

@Smabowlski said:
    Hehe, my name is Ruby and my new company is Arrghvps.com hope all you boys sign up soon :)

Kevdam, you have changed your name again.

Thanked by 1Smabowlski
  • Just checked all those links, indeed the writing style seems similar.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2013

You guys should just ignore Chris and CC deals, as someone who is far from being affiliated in any way, I can safely say there was no bias against us for not being with CC.
    However, there was bias against me personally when the place was owned by BuyVM, even if they never aknowleged the fact and dealt behind the scenes much worse than CC did.
    How many people know that BuyVM put Chief in charge here, more or less ? Francisco refused the offer so it can look legit and independent. How else could have aldryic ban me when the truth about their 2 gbps great network serving 5k customers with at least 500 GB/month each started to come out ?
    They got carte blanche, nobody ever questioned how that could work and the DC was to be blamed in the end.
    Yet, the attacks on CC are huge and abnoxious at times even tho their "reign" here is much more open and much more even-handed than the times of Chief.
    I do not say I liked how the transfer of ownership happened but that happened after BuyVM lost interest here as it was becoming obvious the old ways will not work anymore, just banning people was not going to do it.

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • @W1V_Lee said:
    Kevdam, you have changed your name again.

I just got a good shave and put the bearskin rug away.

Anyone checked Thomas Dale's Facebook page? There's kevdam up in there. :)

• @joepie91 said:
    Again, see above.

It was just proof that I am not Crystal. Happy? :)

Unless...
    CC have access to Divinite's account and are currently impersonating her!

DIS MUST BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Also, more exclaimation marks = I am more Crystal)

Anyway I'm outa here! To be honest, I didn't like reliving this crazy drama again. :)
    @Mpkossen please close my account gracefully. :)

• @Maounique said:
    However, there was bias against me personally when the place was owned by BuyVM, even if they never aknowleged the fact and dealt behind the scenes much worse than CC did.
    How many people know that BuyVM put Chief in charge here, more or less ? Francisco refused the offer so it can look legit and independent. How else could have aldryic ban me when the truth about their 2 gbps great network serving 5k customers with at least 500 GB/month each started to come out ?

Any links?

• Divinite said: Anyway I'm outa here!

Those grammatical consistencies actually offer the only concrete proof we've seen in this thread. The rest of the so called proof was all talk. One person vouching for another does not prove anything.

Thanked by 1nunim
  • Maounique said: However, there was bias against me personally

The only bias against you is because you are an annoying cunt.

Thanked by 2Wintereise Spencer
  • @joelgm said:
    Those grammatical consistencies actually offer the only concrete proof we've seen in this thread. The rest of the so called proof was all talk. One person vouching for another does not prove anything.

Again, there are two photos of Crystal. One from the ID swiped by the husband eons ago and the other a photo taken earlier tonight with the white piece of paper, time and date...

Now I can gladly have @mpkossen verify the photos and put the BS to rest.

• DeanDean Member
    edited December 2013

@Smabowlski - So what's to stop someone taking the original ID and copying it onto something and then posing with this copy and having time and date??

• @DeanClinton said:
    Smabowlski - So what's to stop someone taking the original ID and copying it onto something and then posing with this copy and having time and date??

Well, the photo ID is her drivers license. We confirmed details from it with the ID in her pocketbook. Could that be faked, well yeah, no clue who is into such elaborate hoaxes and motive though.

The new photo is her in front of her Christmas tree. Not the photo ID.

It's clearly her. Both photos are dead ringer.

• @Smabowlski said:

Still they're photos, and photos are mere static data.. Now if she could do a live skype chat with mpkossen, holding her photo id..now that would be definite proof..

Thanked by 1Smabowlski
    edited December 2013

@joelgm Anything else she should do while she's at it? Can we mail her a lowendtalk hat and only a handful of us get to see the design before we mail it so we can confirm it when she takes the picture? Better yet, there's an animal shelter near her. I'm going to pick out a dog and she has to adopt it and take a photo with it within the next 12 hours or she's fake.

Just giving you a hard time ;)

Thanked by 1Smabowlski
  • joelgm said: Still they're photos, and photos are mere static data.. Now if she could do a live skype chat with mpkossen, holding her photo id..now that would be definite proof..

Don't go overboard, this is getting silly.

Thanked by 2gsrdgrdghd upfreak
  • joelgm said: Still they're photos, and photos are mere static data.. Now if she could do a live skype chat with mpkossen, holding her photo id..now that would be definite proof.

Well yes... but just because it's video doesn't mean it's impossible to fool someone. Better than a photo, but only where a photo is kind of useless/generic. The photo last night is specific.

This is getting to extreme paranoiaville, no offense meant.

As far as Skype and mpkossen, unsure if she has such. She isn't a technical person/nerd, she's a normal mother with two kids.

Fair to ask and ideally it can be done.

• There is also Jumio for ID verification... but that probablu won't work.

Thanked by 1Smabowlski
  • Maounique said: However, there was bias against me personally when the place was owned by BuyVM, even if they never aknowleged the fact and dealt behind the scenes much worse than CC did.

Mao, from one long timer to another, and from someone who has been accused in the past of being you :) .... Start a thread on here about this. Truly.