Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGVPS offline - My server offline more than 5 days. - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UGVPS offline - My server offline more than 5 days.

Comments

• You know I can always do my old social engineering trick and call her neighbors and have them walk over there on their cellphone and get her on the phone :)

That's while we have her on the phone...

Heck do the same with her on Skype and presto.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Anyway, i said this 5 pages ago, but i am going to repeat it now. Who cares about Crystal, Tom, Dick and Harry anymore. If you are a customer of UGVPS - TAKE BACKUPS then move on with your life.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited December 2013

Smabowlski said: but just because it's video doesn't mean it's impossible to fool someone. Better than a photo, but only where a photo is kind of useless/generic.

It shouldnt be a captured video clip. It should be an interactive live stream. It's still possible to fool with Mission Impossible style masks.. Sorry, just kidding. :P

rds100 said: Anyway, i said this 5 pages ago, but i am going to repeat it now. Who cares about Crystal, Tom, Dick and Harry anymore. If you are a customer of UGVPS - TAKE BACKUPS then move on with your life.

People should have done that from Day 0 of getting a UGVPS or any lowend VPS. :)

Thanked by 1Smabowlski
  • HeinzHeinz Member
    edited December 2013

@Zen said:
    Jesus

I'm more interested by the fact that buffaloed/other-aliases could be DrMike. That would be absolutely hilarious - given DrMike was one of the first members and one of the main contributors to content on LET/LEB in the early days - and to think that he has been crucified by CC since the takeover (all while not knowing he was actually DrMike) is hilarious.

He's not DrMike, he just uses his nickname at vpsboard. DrMike left after dispute with Aldryic and disappointment with Chief and never came back.

Thanked by 2Smabowlski Infinity
  • ^--- That Heinz, he's ketchup and pickles.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Smabowlski said:
    Mao, from one long timer to another, and from someone who has been accused in the past of being you :) .... Start a thread on here about this. Truly.

I would be preaching to the choir, the BuyVM fanbois already moved to vpsboard after milking this site no longer gave the expected results.
    Old timers know the Francisco story and he admitted it many times (refusing to take the site and putting chief in charge instead as well as the story with my ban for proving BuyVM has network problems due to insane overselling, not some weird routing or DC problems:http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/2045/openvpn-speeds-from-eastern-europe-from-various-providers/p1 even though the thread has been massively shortened)) so there is nothing new.
    It is just the injustice that is clear here, BuyVM never been attacked when they owned the site indirectly, even tho was even less transparent than now, while CC is attacked and pelted with eggs because of it every day.
    Maybe it is because Francisco is such a nice guy and Chris is so bad at PR ?
    Dunno...

Thanked by 2Smabowlski upfreak
  • What was that comment? I think it was an anonymous pony.

• Think it looked like this, but bigger...

• Smabowlski said: What was that comment? I think it was an anonymous pony.

My notification shows it's you.

Thanked by 1Smabowlski
  • Oooohhh dat ding!

• I am out of here for the day. Have turn the creatures out to pasture. More fun later.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Ok folks, it's time for me to checkout for my beauty sleep. Let's pray then:

On my honor I will do my best

To do my duty to God and my country

and to obey the Law;

To help other people at all times;

To keep myself physically strong,

mentally awake, and morally straight.

Thanked by 1Smabowlski
  • lbftlbft Member
    edited December 2013

Edit: never mind, no point wasting time arguing with an idiot, as the saying goes they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• @Smabowlski You know I can always do my old social engineering trick

here's another social engineering trick:
    The contact info on all of the IP addresses that are SWIPed to UGVPS is invalid:
    http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-198-23-167-128-1/pft

The contact info on all of the contacts associated with those IPs is also invalid
    http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/ARINC35-ARIN/orgs

The email address, phone, and street address all need to be fixed.
    https://www.arin.net/contact_us.html

@Smabowlski said "Look folks what Santa Claus pointed me to...

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/5172/system-test-free-2-week-vps-details-inside"

I'll pass on the free 2-week test. The network sucks. The routing goes Pennsylvania>Illinois>North Carolina

C:\Users\Thomas>tracert 192.198.81.10

Tracing route to vpsse.iceysoft.com [192.198.81.10] ( Lenoir, North Carolina)
        over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  static.iceysoft.com [24.229.108.225]
          2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
          3     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  gateway-t4-2-288-wbhblocal1.wb3.ptd.net [204.186.89.142]
          4    28 ms    29 ms    31 ms  gateway-t4-3-chi2wb3.chi.ptd.net [216.144.184.186]
          5    46 ms    30 ms    48 ms  ge-6-12.car4.Chicago1.Level3.net [4.71.102.1]
          6    35 ms    35 ms    35 ms  cogent-level3.car4.Chicago1.Level3.net [4.68.127.130]
          7    36 ms    35 ms    35 ms  te0-0-0-1.ccr21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.1.1]
          8    45 ms    43 ms    43 ms  te0-3-0-5.ccr21.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.29.105]
          9    43 ms    43 ms    47 ms  te0-6-0-0.ccr21.atl04.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.82.114]
         10    43 ms    43 ms    43 ms  38.122.46.6
         11    54 ms    50 ms    51 ms  dct-cr01--v51.dacentec.com [199.255.156.53]
         12    51 ms    51 ms    53 ms  dct-ds04--vl56.dacentec.com [199.255.156.198]
         13    52 ms    53 ms    51 ms  vpsse.iceysoft.com [192.198.81.10]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Thomas>tracert 199.116.113.178 (Atlanta, GA)

Tracing route to 199.116.113.178 over a maximum of 30 hops

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  static.iceysoft.com [24.229.108.225]
          2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
          3     5 ms     7 ms     7 ms  gateway-t4-2-288-wbhblocal1.wb3.ptd.net [204.186.89.142]
          4    21 ms    23 ms    23 ms  gateway-t4-3-abn2nyc.abn.ptd.net [207.44.127.58]
          5    23 ms    28 ms    26 ms  xe-2-0-7-821.ar1.iad1.us.nlayer.net [69.31.31.205]
          6    22 ms    23 ms    23 ms  ae3-30g.cr2.iad1.us.nlayer.net [69.31.31.157]
          7    36 ms    37 ms    35 ms  xe-3-3-0.cr1.atl1.us.nlayer.net [69.22.142.105]
          8    38 ms    37 ms    37 ms  abte2-1.10g.coloat.cust.atl01.mzima.net [67.199.136.182]
          9    36 ms    37 ms    35 ms  199.116.113.178

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Thomas>

24.229.92.123 whois lookup - Whois

dawhois.com/ip/24.229.92.123.html‎
    24.229.92.123 - Geo Information. IP Address, 24.229.92.123. Host, iceysoft.com. Location, US, United States. City, Trevorton, PA 17881. Organization ...
    24.229.92.113 IP Address - PenTeleData - IP Location
    www.iplocationfinder.com/24.229.92.113‎
    Hostname: iceysoft.com. ISP: PenTeleData. Organization: PenTeleData. City: Palmerton. Region: Pennsylvania. Country: United States. Timezone: America/ ...
    199.241.186.52 IP Address information
  • DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

CVPS_Chris said a couple of pages ago (page 7 of this thread) that Thomas is " UGVPS Crystal" (i.e. Thomas is the one using !! double exclamation marks in the UGVPS offers)...so are you trying to say that Thomas=Divinite?

CVPS_Chris said: "As far as I know Tom is trying to get the domain back, and CVPS does not own UGVPS at all, they are just a client, so yes I have interest in this thread.......I can also comment that Tom no longer works for CVPS or ColoCrossing and is just running UG and DTM."

DomainBop said "Thanks for confirming that Tom not Crystal is the one running UGVPS and he has just been using her name (i.e. borrowing her identity) as a marketing gimmick."

CVPS_Chris said "Domainbop I have stated this month ago that Tom was in charge and owns UG."

• DomainBop said: CVPS_Chris said a couple of pages ago (page 7 of this thread) that Thomas is " UGVPS Crystal"

Where did Chris say that?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    edited December 2013

@Maounique so that's why my network speeds were trash. I remembered that my 2 vpns sucked hard (getting less than MB/s) from my house, but yet again, they said the network was fine. Also, my vps weren't so great with them, so I canceled. Funny things getting out this time

Thanked by 2Maounique mpkossen
  • DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

@joelgm said:
    Where did Chris say that?

I copied the exchange we had in which he admitted Thomas was the one behind UGVPS directly into the post I made above yours.

If anyone needs any further proof that the person using !! double exclamation marks in those UGVPS offers was probably Thomas...

Tleo Member
    July 12 FlagThanks

all core2quads are SOLD!!

Oh look at that Thomas (TLeo, although when he posted that he was CVPS_TLeo) just used !! double exclamation marks.
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/293965/#Comment_293965

edited December 2013

netomx said: @Maounique so that's why my network speeds were trash. I remembered that my 2 vpns sucked hard (getting less than MB/s) from my house, but yet again, they said the network was fine. Also, my vps weren't so great with them, so I canceled. Funny things getting out this time

It got out long ago, they even banned me to prevent it from spreading, but when it was obvious the cat was out of the bag and even mods such as vedran, a staunch BuyVM man till then, posted his analogue modem-like speeds, the bubble burst.
    I see the current bans are much less political than before, yet people say the problems started when CC took over when it is obvious for everyone which was around long enough they started when BuyVM took over and now they continue somewhat, but in a much attenuated form. Chief didnt care for the technical part either, while CC did something in very bad times if you remember.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited December 2013

DomainBop said: I copied the exchange we had directly into the post I made above yours.
    If anyone needs any further proof that the person using !! in those UGVPS adds was probably Thomas...

Thomas was in charge, but we still dont know whether he was posting directly all the offers on LET/WHT, or he had an employee doing that-namely Divinte. (Assuming that CrystalD is speaking the truth).

@Maounique never saw that here. Maybe deleted? Who knows. The thing is that, I am more sane than I would think haha

edited December 2013

I posted a link above to the thread that got me banned, but it only shows the first 3 pages or so, the main story is missing...

yomero was one of the lynch gang :)

• @jarland said:
    joelgm Anything else she should do while she's at it? Can we mail her a lowendtalk hat and only a handful of us get to see the design before we mail it so we can confirm it when she takes the picture? Better yet, there's an animal shelter near her. I'm going to pick out a dog and she has to adopt it and take a photo with it within the next 12 hours or she's fake...

I like the dog idea, kids like dogs right...? I'm not sure why everyone is getting hung up on Photos... I believe the main issue is, she claims she was impersonated for a year, which you can't prove by a photo. I like what joepie posted (I know I can't believe I'm saying that... jk ), it's proven that you can identify someone by their writing style and it's characteristic for someone else to fake.

Thanked by 1jar

@yomero is not affiliated with me :p

• Speaking of which, where is yomero? Haven't seen him in ages.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited December 2013

Maounique said: You guys should just ignore Chris and CC deals, as someone who is far from being affiliated in any way, I can safely say there was no bias against us for not being with CC.

However, there was bias against me personally when the place was owned by BuyVM, even if they never aknowleged the fact and dealt behind the scenes much worse than CC did.
    How many people know that BuyVM put Chief in charge here, more or less ? Francisco refused the offer so it can look legit and independent. How else could have aldryic ban me when the truth about their 2 gbps great network serving 5k customers with at least 500 GB/month each started to come out ?
    They got carte blanche, nobody ever questioned how that could work and the DC was to be blamed in the end.
    Yet, the attacks on CC are huge and abnoxious at times even tho their "reign" here is much more open and much more even-handed than the times of Chief.
    I do not say I liked how the transfer of ownership happened but that happened after BuyVM lost interest here as it was becoming obvious the old ways will not work anymore, just banning people was not going to do it.

Apparently, BuyVM deceiving their customers is not clearly as interesting as others doing so. They are still doing it but people simply don't seem to care.

Maounique said: It is just the injustice that is clear here, BuyVM never been attacked when they owned the site indirectly, even tho was even less transparent than now, while CC is attacked and pelted with eggs because of it every day.

Maybe it is because Francisco is such a nice guy and Chris is so bad at PR ?
    Dunno...

It has always surprised me as well. I'm not taking sides here, I mean: the take-over of LE* could have been handled better, simple as that. It's just that some people either don't know how non-transparent the management was with Chief or they have simply "forgotten". If you look at it objectively, it isn't all that black-and-white.

Maounique said: Chief didnt care for the technical part either

Fixed that for you ;-)

Took me several months to get started with the tutorials. I had to send Liam an average of 4 PMs for each PM I sent Chief, just to get Chief to respond to me. Mind: he wanted me to start writing for him. It's not like I approached him with the idea.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@serverian said:
    Any links?

Wasn't really owned but they did run it for a while, Fran was the other 'helper' if you remember after Scott gave the site away.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

mpkossen said: Apparently, BuyVM deceiving their customers is not clearly as interesting as others doing so. They are still doing it but people simply don't seem to care.

Yea, stupid BuyVM. Minimal downtime, no data breaches, tons of free upgrades, plenty of new features. Scamming every last one of them. Suckers.

Mao you're mental. Joel called me up cackling like a fool because he was putting you on time out. It's a pretty well known fact that LEA had me involved in discussions about the future of the site and we both agreed that, while I was dedicated to the site, that a hosting company shouldn't own it.

Go look to see how long I was involved in both sides of the site. I was here literally years before you, dating back to drmike's early runs.

You pissed everyone off, not just us. It isn't our fault that Egihosting plugged 40+ 1Gbit/sec customers into a 10gbit uplink. Do the math on that one for me then make the connection on where our problems were. We went from 'things are solid' to 'this network is terrible' in a matter of weeks (read: EGI moved a lot of people from HE FMT2 into 1090 and didn't increase their costs. They had people in that SJC paying only $500/month, barely enough to pay the cost of power).

You somehow find a way to turn a discussion where a hosting company straight up defrauded his own wife, ruins her credit, runs off to Buffalo to bang some chick with 2 kids, etc, etc, etc, into a 'buyvm is the bad guy here!'

Come on now. You're coming off as a child that isn't happy that he didn't get the last word in because no one cares.

Francisco

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Heinz said: He's not DrMike, he just uses his nickname at vpsboard. DrMike left after dispute with Aldryic and disappointment with Chief and never came back.

Not quite.

DrMike left once he found out Joel was the new owner for all of a couple weeks. Dr.Mike had major mental issues and, like Mao, if you give him 5 minutes to talk he'll write a novel. The difference is the Dr. had serious problems with his ex wife and it always turned into a major rage fest.

While the doctor and Aldryic butted heads (entirely over the fact everything turned into 'Stupid ex!!!' on here), they simply ignored each others comments.

You won't find much of the drmike gold on these forums since they were all lost in the LET2->LET3 movements. The guy had serious problems.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Zen upfreak