Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HXServers Los Angeles Outages? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HXServers Los Angeles Outages?

Comments

• @totally_not_banned said:
    Afaik that's what MS does if you are lucky. From what i hear they might also simply drop you because your IP didn't have a minimum mail traffic yet they deemed legitimate and thus they don't know you.

They are relaxed if no reputation, but if your neighbours have low reputation, then you will suffer by default.

There is another thing they do, but I will not tell this secret :D but you may already guessed some pages before :D

• "$400k" burned to the ground by ONE spammer. Hosting companies hate this one simple trick!

• I've just started this company and this guy ordered 200 servers - I must be a GOD, I've crafted such amazing offer.

20 years of IT experience btw.

• @JabJab said:
    I've just started this company and this guy ordered 200 servers - I must be a GOD, I've crafted such amazing offer.

It happens ALL the damn time! So annoying, i tell you.

• @tsoft said:
    Working in IT space for 20 years --> I mean sure, spam was a problem don’t get me wrong. But the killer? Bot nets.

:D

Also, 20 years in IT
    30-20=10
    Since 10 he is in IT.

The employer should be arrested for exploiting underage labor.

Maybe he has multiple jobs, 1 year of IT with 3 jobs = 3 years? Also possible he measures time in dog years.

Thanked by 2thane sasslik
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@hxservers said:
    cached in my Outlook app on my iPhone.

It seems, you meant to be 20 years in IT ...

• if anything, after going through this thread one might become a bit more understanding of why some company (eg. hetzner) go as far to disable accounts left and right without ever mentioning any reason.

• Block outgoing port 25 by default is the best method for vps provider.As long as you provider cheap vps,the spam maker can find you and use to send spams. They buy vps wordwide,if billing by hour,they can save a lot.
    Like China ucloud,hundreds of ips are sending scam,but ucloud pay no attention on it,we got more than 10000 scam per day from ucloud,so by default,we reject any emails from 106.75.xx.xx and 117.50.xx.xx.
    These spams is going to buy ucloud hongkong node now,we are planning to block all below IPs

101.36.106.0/23
    101.36.108.0/22
    101.36.112.0/23
    101.36.116.0/22
    101.36.120.0/21
    103.218.240.0/22
    118.193.32.0/20
    118.26.36.0/22
    123.58.208.0/20
    152.32.128.0/21
    152.32.136.0/24
    152.32.222.0/23
    152.32.224.0/23
    152.32.226.0/24
    152.32.239.0/24
    152.32.240.0/24
    45.249.244.0/22

Thanked by 1tsoft
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@cybertech said:
    most importantly will all affected customers be refunded?!

Provider is busy moving "400K" assets out of the company.
    Customers can sue, but there would be no more assets left.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @thane said: 400k invested in hardware

If he had spent 100k of that on a firewall appliance and his own IP space, he would still be here.

Thanked by 2thane sasslik
  • @JabJab said:
    I've just started this company and this guy ordered 200 servers - I must be a GOD, I've crafted such amazing offer.

20 years of IT experience btw.

thank you for your feedback

• @eezcloud said:

@thane said: 400k invested in hardware

If he had spent 100k of that on a firewall appliance and his own IP space, he would still be here.

I think it was a typo, he meant to publish "$400 invested in hardware" :wink:

• @thane said:

@eezcloud said:

@thane said: 400k invested in hardware

I think it was a typo, he meant to publish "$400 invested in hardware" :wink:

mmm this makes sense. he meant to write .400k

Thanked by 1thane
  • IPXOIPXO Member, LIR

Hi all, we were initially hesitant to discuss this matter and we still intend to keep the specific details private. However, we want to clarify that we do not terminate accounts overnight. Our first course of action is to suspend the account, which means the client cannot lease new services but will still have access to their currently rented subnets, which are running as intended and no services are revoked. Typically, we provide about a week, sometimes even longer, for the client to resolve any issues they might have.

If an abuse would be reported to IPXO we talk with our clients and are more than willing to help solve any issues, especially if we see no patterns of abusive behavior.

@hxservers If you would like to look into your options continuing leasing from IPXO you can open a ticket or perform required actions on the platform yourself.

• @IPXO said:
    Hi all, we were initially hesitant to discuss this matter and we still intend to keep the specific details private.

FWIW, I don't think there are many people here that believe IPXO is at fault in this situation...

• @IPXO said: perform required actions

Let's say I lease a subnet, a client of mine is spamming the hell out of it, I wake up 8 hours later, sweaty and in panic. 150 of the IPs are listed on major spamlists. I'm fucked.

What would be my "required actions" to get going again?

• @emgh said:

@IPXO said: perform required actions

Let's say I lease a subnet, a client of mine is spamming the hell out of it, I wake up 8 hours later, sweaty and in panic. 150 of the IPs are listed on major spamlists. I'm fucked.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Like @HostEONS ,they block outgoing port 25 by default,never has such trouble. If someone need outgoing port 25,need to open a ticket.
    I have vps with @HostEONS for email service for serveral years with no bad neighbor(we send none spams,ads),happen with them.

Thanked by 2HostEONS IPXO
  • IPXOIPXO Member, LIR

@emgh said:

1. Contact IPXO if you haven't heard from us yet and explain the situation
    2. Terminate the client
    3. Collaborate with us to get your subnet delisted
    4. Provide a plan detailing how you intend to avoid this situation in the future

Can't stress this enough - keep the communication open. We understand that there are situations that can't be foreseen and all sorts of mistakes happen, that's why we are keen on helping our clients rather than penalising them right away.

• @IPXO said:

@emgh said:

2. Terminate the client
    4. Provide a plan detailing how you intend to avoid this situation in the future

Can't stress this enough - keep the communication open. We understand that there are situations that can't be foreseen and all sorts of mistakes happen, that's why we are keen on helping our clients rather than penalising them right away.

I like you!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@IPXO said:

@emgh said:

2. Terminate the client

I'm sure he meant to keep up the communication with you, but hey, needing to process and work on hundreds of order per day he got distracted. He of course didn't mean to but it somehow happened.

I myself am still waiting for his offer of 10 x two dead flies packs.

Thanked by 2HostEONS IPXO
  • this spammer has moved now to

AS398343
    Baxet Group Inc.
    baxetgroup.com

is it antonpa ? just host

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

@antonpa
    any bulk orders last weeks? :D

• @antonpa
    Could you check the client who uses / used IPs like 194.135.104.65 or 193.233.206.52

Just for info, could you provide:
    | country of client (even if fake)
    | country of IP he used during registration (check for vpn/proxy)
    | how many servers he ordered

Chris ex-client
    https://check.spamhaus.org/listed/?searchterm=194.135.104.240

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@tsoft, what Law Enforcement Agency are you from? :trollface:

Thanked by 4emgh remy Erisa zGato
  • @antonpa just for info, please also provide:
    Clients password
    Clients payment details
    Clients nickname as a child (security question)
    Clients DNA

Thanked by 3yoursunny Erisa jsg
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

will avenge for Chris :D

Thanked by 1emgh
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

btw, reported to baxet and received auto-reply in spam :D
    why am I not surprised

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023