Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HXServers Los Angeles Outages? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HXServers Los Angeles Outages?

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2023

@aveline said:
    I can see that their two NS servers are hosted on 165.140.8.0/24, which RPKI is already revoked by IPXO. RIP, they should at least have some redundancy and not put all their eggs in one basket.

https://rpki.cloudflare.com/?view=validator&validateRoute=23470_165.140.8.0/24

The problem with is that meaning to do it isn't good enough, you actually need to do it - and to understand it in the first place - which means, one needs to have a working brain and some relevant content in it.

But I'm sure @hxservers meant to have it done. Probably by his former employee who, according to hxservers, is the one who f_cked up everything.

@HostEONS said:
    I've a strong feeling that @hxservers is falsely accusing @IPXO for terminating his account, there are multiple reasons for that:

1) First and foremost thing he would have done is shared a screenshot of account termination email or notice
    2) 165.140.8.0/24 is not listed in any major RBL, which means no major abuse was done so there is no reason for IPXO to terminate his IP
    3) By now he should have shared the screenshot that was asked yesterday
    4) IPXO is not the only I Provider, he could have got IP from elsewhere or atleast get few IP From his server provider to bring website and portal etc... only and communicate with clients

So, you mean a big provider who simply doesn't need to play such games, did not play such games and hxservers lied yet again? Oh my! Whouddave thought that?

Oh, come on, be a bit more generous. Of course hxservers didn't mean to lie - again - to us, it just somehow happened.I tell you, he's totally 100.5% innocent - well, at least he meant to be innocent!

Oh, and: thank you for your feedback *g

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • Thank you @emgh.

With your feedback we have embraced RFC1918 protocols. This means we're going to start making bubbles with copper and chlorine.
    We appreciate your feed back but sit back, and just take a nice whiff :smile:

Thanked by 2HostEONS emgh
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@CheepCluck said:
    Thank you @emgh.

With your feedback we have embraced RFC1918 protocols. This means we're going to start making bubbles with copper and chlorine.
    We appreciate your feed back but sit back, and just take a nice whiff :smile:

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @HostEONS said:

2) 165.140.8.0/24 is not listed in any major RBL

Have you checked this one? :D

Thanked by 1tentor
  • There was non-stop spam from Chris ips.

Spamhaus lists for 3 days, 3*20=60 o_o

No idea, how they scored 20, how need to send spam

• Some IPs are still listed, so the suspension occurred like 3 days ago.

If Chris ignored all that stuff, then no surprise they recalled IPs.

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited November 2023

Hey people, ex-Chris clients, go to @contabo_m
    Doctor Boeing allows to fly. Take off //

• @tsoft said:
    Spamhaus lists for 3 days, 3*20=60 o_o

PS possible explanation, Spamhaus shows reports for both 2 months (In the last month means 2), so 60 = 2 month = every day was listed.

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@tsoft said:

WHAT THE F-

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited November 2023

Decided to challenge spamhaus? :D
    You may be very surprised who is behind them :#

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2023

@tsoft said: There was non-stop spam from Chris ips.

Can confirm. Here's just a preview of it: https://mxbin.io/xgHgT7

For as much spam as they sent, from as many IPs, and for being only one threat actor (notice same local part in each sender address), that this sample goes from 10/30 to 11/25 can't possibly mean that time wasn't given to act on abuse complaints. More likely they were ignored or dealt with lazily/incompetently for a fair amount of time (or even worse, the abuse was allowed)

I'm assuming 165.140.8.0/24 was @hxservers but be aware that I'm basing that solely on the fact that I'm replying to content about that IP range in this thread, I've done zero research on hxserver IPs or the ownership/delegation of 165.140.8.0/24.

Thanked by 3maverick tsoft JabJab

So, HXservers could prevent all of this with blocked 25/tcp by default...

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Am I too late for the drama?

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @tentor said:
    So, HXservers could prevent all of this with blocked 25/tcp by default...

Yup. Never allow random clients to use port 25 on IPs you don’t own. Exceptions can be made for clients that you for a fact know are legit. Companies paying more than $5 a month that is.

Thanked by 1tsoft
  • @jar said: Can confirm. Here's just a preview of it: https://mxbin.io/xgHgT7

Why do you think this is spam? Those are perfectly fine domains!

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited November 2023

@jar said:
    Can confirm. Here's just a preview of it: https://mxbin.io/xgHgT7

All From addresses have amz@ username, probably, amazon spam?

So there was just a single client, who bought a bulk and took down Chris. Not "many clients" as Chris said.

Thanked by 2jar yoursunny
  • So will hxservers.com rise from the dead?
    can customer take back their own data? @hxservers

I think you should send emails to notice all your customers as soon as possible. Otherwise, hxservers will become second virmarch. and nobody would buy any other services in the future if you want to continue your vps seller role.

@emgh said: Never allow random clients to use port 25 on IPs you don’t own.

I don't think it is a good idea for owned IPs either. For other reasons, but at least reputation of addresses will be damaged in both cases. And I see basically zero sense in allowing risky activity, which leads to lots of abuse cases, by default.

So far I can state that requiring clients to spend X money before they are eligible to request SMTP port unlock is a wise strategy.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Thank you for your feedback

• DvoDvo Veteran

@HostEONS said:

@Dvo said:

@HostEONS said:
    2) 165.140.8.0/24 is not listed in any major RBL, which means no major abuse was done so there is no reason for IPXO to terminate his IP

To be fair, you can get abuse reports yet not be listed in a RBL and also get listed in an RBL with no abuse reports (lol). You normally don't get listed for torrents, port scanning etc however the abuse reports do fly in.

Yup but those usually don’t lead to account termination

These are just some of the possible reasons

Don't worry, when your IPXO prefixes get abuse reports, they'll terminate your account too! :)

Thanked by 2crunchbits sasslik

@Dvo said:
    Don't worry, when your IPXO prefixes get abuse reports, they'll terminate your account too! :)

In this case it looks more likely that IPXO behaved appropriately.

• DvoDvo Veteran

@tentor said:

@Dvo said:

In this case it looks more likely that IPXO behaved appropriately.

I agree, 100%.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I’m gonna offer an unsolicited and unverified opinion. However, it’s at least rooted in experience.

The operation was only sustained by one user who purchased either bulk servers or bulk IPs. The provider could not afford to boot the abuser as they were the only reason any bills were getting paid. That decision ended poorly.

Whatever the reason was, it is fun fact that HXServers representative does not participate in this discussion. Only when someone leaked his personal information he engaged for a moment.

• Hxservers needs to find dirty ips. So this is deadpool for now.

• @tentor said:
    Whatever the reason was, it is fun fact that HXServers representative does not participate in this discussion. Only when someone leaked his personal information he engaged for a moment.

Thank you for your feedback.

Thanked by 3emgh thane crunchbits
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited November 2023

@jar said:
    I’m gonna offer an unsolicited and unverified opinion.

It may be similar to what I sent you yesterday in PM. Was good conversation :D

These logs contain these unique domains
    homesxiaogroup.com
    offerssouavailable.com
    looksnengunderstand.com
    gramzkidz.com
    wisjournals.com
    tinlin77.com
    sports61.com
    nlg104.com
    ofshouwithout.com
    humanslangworks.com
    mint-donutshop.com
    tinlin11.com
    hhg99r.com
    tincca99.com
    wve862.com
    jnr540.com
    wyf708.com
    sgn720.com
    lyh313.com
    multiplethreatac.com

Most were hijacked by people (from China? As some were parked in Chinese).

He/she/it sent spam using "Mailamigos.com" or it is the provider of spam who bought from Chris
    https://www.google.com/search?q="Mailamigos.com"

Look at how many similar sites exist. Most also .cn or sound similar to Chinese words :D I am not an expert in this language, but sounds similar

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited November 2023

https://www.ipxo.com/ip-reputation/

Comprehensive IP Monitoring

Our advanced monitoring system keeps a constant watch on the reputation of your IP addresses. We continuously scan various online databases, blacklists, and spam filters to identify any potential threats or negative associations.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2023

@jar said: I'm assuming 165.140.8.0/24 was @hxservers but be aware that I'm basing that solely on the fact that I'm replying to content about that IP range in this thread, I've done zero research on hxserver IPs or the ownership/delegation of 165.140.8.0/24.

Spam pays man. It pays so much you can furnish entire datacenters in, I dunno, Buffalo even.

Francisco

This discussion has been closed.