Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HXServers Los Angeles Outages? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HXServers Los Angeles Outages?

Comments

• @malignify said:

@emgh said:
    @hxservers so, to be clear, no matter if you manage to solve this with IPXO, if you find another supplier, if yo migrate or if you give up, will clients have lost their data?

If so, it would probably be wise sending the full active client list an email saying this. Not everybody follow drama threads on LET.

Their mail is down too. They should at least restore their mail service first so they can inform all users about this.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/190301/mxroute-black-friday-2023-email-hosting-that-spammers-crave-but-cant-have

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @malignify said:

@emgh said:
    @hxservers so, to be clear, no matter if you manage to solve this with IPXO, if you find another supplier, if yo migrate or if you give up, will clients have lost their data?

If so, it would probably be wise sending the full active client list an email saying this. Not everybody follow drama threads on LET.

Their mail is down too. They should at least restore their mail service first so they can inform all users about this.

Yep

• Let's be honest - if they (more like him) wanted to inform clients it would take like 10 minutes to setup Cloudflare/GitHub Pages (or even shittest webhosting on GoDaddy that he bought the domain from in first place) and throw some text or link to twitter, anything.

Thanked by 1ldclover
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@hxservers said: The trouble is the networking is of course broken. IPXO won't help me restore functionality of those IP blocks. There are thousands of VPS on the servers. I'm trying to find a solution for customers to at least get their data, upon request.

Oh god, poor Virmach is going to get a lump of shit for christmas, isn't he?

Francisco

Thanked by 1thane
  • @JabJab said:
    Let's be honest - if they (more like him) wanted to inform clients it would take like 10 minutes to setup Cloudflare/GitHub Pages (or even shittest webhosting on GoDaddy that he bought the domain from in first place) and throw some text or link to twitter, anything.

And/or just DM @jar – I’m sure he could help getting all those emails sent promptly

• @Francisco said: Oh god, poor Virmach is going to get a lump of shit for christmas, isn't he?

Please no, I am enjoying my cheap and fast AND LUCKY BATCH/LOCATION (Hi xTom!) VirMach Ryzens :(

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

I can see that their two NS servers are hosted on 165.140.8.0/24, which RPKI is already revoked by IPXO. RIP, they should at least have some redundancy and not put all their eggs in one basket.

https://rpki.cloudflare.com/?view=validator&validateRoute=23470_165.140.8.0/24

Thanked by 2emgh jsg
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I wonder why I suggest to interested providers not to rent IP ranges from IPXO. I don’t blame IPXO I think it’s great that they’re being heavy handed to fix the problem that their ranges have created in recent times. But that’s not compatible with a hosting provider.

• @aveline said:
    I can see that their two NS servers are hosted on 165.140.8.0/24, which RPKI is already revoked by IPXO. RIP, they should at least have some redundancy and not put all their eggs in one basket.

https://rpki.cloudflare.com/?view=validator&validateRoute=23470_165.140.8.0/24

There's also a good chance that his domain registrar will need to do 2FA via e-mail to change the DNS servers. This is a classic rookie mistake.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@IPXO should return all IPs to RIPE where it belongs.
    Hosting providers should get owned IPs from RIPE, launching with IPv6 first as these do not have a wait-list.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Thanked by 3MannDude ldclover Void
  • @jar said:
    I wonder why I suggest to interested providers not to rent IP ranges from IPXO. I don’t blame IPXO I think it’s great that they’re being heavy handed to fix the problem that their ranges have created in recent times. But that’s not compatible with a hosting provider.

Yup.

It’s making perfect sense why IPXO is cancelling.

Not worth it to get the IP owners mad that their IPs lose rep.

When a provider OWNS the IPs, he or she has an actual interest in keeping a previously clean subnet stay clean, to retain its value.

That’s a good thing for everyone on the internet snd is how it should be.

Being ONE level away from the owner is fine, ish. Especially if you’re not getting too much abuse. I’ve been a client at OVH for a very long time, once I had a client VPS get hacked and send DDoS, they limited outgoing traffic and allowed me to unlimit it as I’ve dealt with it, no human intervention or delay at all.

But once you sell cheap hosting, you’re going to attract abuse, and the one leasing you the IPs, they won’t like that.

Thanked by 1jar
  • emghemgh Member
    edited November 2023

@yoursunny said:
    @IPXO should return all IPs to RIPE where it belongs.
    Hosting providers should get owned IPs from RIPE, launching with IPv6 first as these do not have a wait-list.

Or live poor, save up, and invest in the companies foundation. Buy a damn block while waiting! (And try to do so from some entity that’s not primarily an IP trader because those can go f themselves)

• But the data is safe, so who wants data ?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@WhiteRoseG said:
    But the data is safe, so who wants data ?

Quadranet will take the email addresses....

Thanked by 2emgh sasslik
  • @MannDude said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    But the data is safe, so who wants data ?

Quadranet will take the email addresses....

No!!!!

Their marketing SaaS that they subsribe to just often so happens to get leaked client lists!!!

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2023

@hxservers said:
    There are thousands of VPS on the servers. I'm trying to find a solution for customers to at least get their data, upon request.

How'd you manage to get thousands of VPSes online with only 768 IP addresses? I didn't see NAT or IPv6 availability in your previous offers so just curious how you were able to achieve such a thing.

• @MannDude said: How'd you manage to get thousands of VPSes online with only 768 IP addresses? I didn't see NAT or IPv6 availability in your previous offers so just curious how you were able to achieve such a thing.

He already dead... stahp.

Thanked by 2MannDude ralf
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

@xaos said:
    Redacted by Moderator.

Btw, he may not live here ^ , in another place nearby.

But anyway, Chris return money deposit to the email I sent you, be a person.

Honestly karma may be a bitch but she could’ve taken less payment this time. I hate to see it go down this hard, and I hope you recover and have a great holiday season @hxservers.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@hxservers could you share copy of email in which IPXO mentioned that they are terminating your IP Block for whatever reason ?

• @HostEONS said:
    @hxservers could you share copy of email in which IPXO mentioned that they are terminating your IP Block for whatever reason ?

He already dead... stahp.

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • @HostEONS said:

Please do

• @tsoft said:
    But anyway, Chris return money deposit to the email I sent you, be a person.

Ok, may not refund, servers still work. But please then at least do not turn off them :D But if turn off, then refund of course these people

I've a strong feeling that @hxservers is falsely accusing @IPXO for terminating his account, there are multiple reasons for that:

1) First and foremost thing he would have done is shared a screenshot of account termination email or notice
    2) 165.140.8.0/24 is not listed in any major RBL, which means no major abuse was done so there is no reason for IPXO to terminate his IP
    3) By now he should have shared the screenshot that was asked yesterday
    4) IPXO is not the only I Provider, he could have got IP from elsewhere or atleast get few IP From his server provider to bring website and portal etc... only and communicate with clients

Due privacy policies I don't think IPXO can even clarify that they did not do it, they to just take the blame

• @IPXO why did you do that?!?!?!?!

@cybertech said:
    @IPXO why did you do that?!?!?!?!

I don't think they can share any information due to Privacy Policies

@HostEONS said: Due privacy policies I don't think IPXO can even clarify that they did not do it, they to just take the blame

It's easy to underestimate just how many stories about major hosting providers are competitors spreading lies about them that they know won't be called out, because the major provider is too professional to argue with them in public.

• DvoDvo Veteran

@HostEONS said:
    2) 165.140.8.0/24 is not listed in any major RBL, which means no major abuse was done so there is no reason for IPXO to terminate his IP

To be fair, you can get abuse reports yet not be listed in a RBL and also get listed in an RBL with no abuse reports (lol). You normally don't get listed for torrents, port scanning etc however the abuse reports do fly in.

@Dvo said:

@HostEONS said:

To be fair, you can get abuse reports yet not be listed in a RBL and also get listed in an RBL with no abuse reports (lol). You normally don't get listed for torrents, port scanning etc however the abuse reports do fly in.

Yup but those usually don’t lead to account termination

These are just some of the possible reasons

This discussion has been closed.