Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HXServers Los Angeles Outages? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HXServers Los Angeles Outages?

Comments

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

@repuc said:
    The person using this IP gets 30 servers almost every day.

Its servers have been suspended and it is prohibited from receiving service again.

Thank you for your reporting.

Great. Thank you for feedback.

Can you provide info about user? Country, IP, email, or anything?

Did he order on this forum? What is the username?

• @tsoft said:

@repuc said:
    The person using this IP gets 30 servers almost every day.

Its servers have been suspended and it is prohibited from receiving service again.

Thank you for your reporting.

Great. Thank you for feedback.

Can you provide info about user? Country, IP, email, or anything?

Did you order on this forum? What is the username?

This person did not contact me from the forum. He bought 1 server from my site. Afterwards, he continued to buy 30 pieces each. I don't think you entered the customer information correctly. Also, I do not think it would be right for us to share information.

• @repuc said:
    This person did not contact me from the forum. He bought 1 server from my site. Afterwards, he continued to buy 30 pieces each. I don't think you entered the customer information correctly. Also, I do not think it would be right for us to share information.

For a spammer it is ok.

Ok, can you share in PM?

• So he bought 1 vps. Tested if 25 works, and then grabbed 30+ :D

• Thank you @repuc

Yes, I was right about the origin of spammer :D
    Nothing personal, just fact.

Thanked by 1repuc
  • @tsoft said:
    Thank you @repuc

im curious how come you are so interested in reporting spam.

are you undercover internets police

• @cybertech said:

@tsoft said:
    Thank you @repuc

im curious how come you are so interested in reporting spam.

are you undercover internets police

Hes just a nark

• A little revenge for Chris? :D
    -30 servers, but deserves more
    hope no refund @repuc
    transfer these money to Chris for recovery :D

• @tsoft said:
    A little revenge for Chris? :D
    -30 servers, but deserves more
    hope no refund @repuc
    transfer these money to Chris for recovery :D

There is a rule about this in our terms of use.

The money cannot be refunded because the customer has made a violation. The customer cannot even access his account.

Our stance on such issues is very clear.

Thanked by 1thane
  • TekoTeko Member
    edited December 2023

@tsoft said: https://www.edgenat.com/ - for example, this one was used, they are in HK. But spammers bought servers in China anyway.

They are not a Hong Kong company; they are simply selling Hong Kong servers. Their company is located in China, and even their website is in Simplified Chinese.

https://www.edgenat.com/contact.php

公司地址

沈阳市和平区三好街南湖科技大厦

• Edge nut

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@tsoft

(Not really) sorry to break it to you but quantity of posts doesn't outweigh quality.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @jsg said:
    @tsoft

(Not really) sorry to break it to you but quantity of posts doesn't outweigh quality.

So these were the last posts, so you can lie at my feet and apologize :D You may start now.

What else could I say.

40k entities (domains + single IPs) were used.
    Spammer from China.
    Nearly all providers were affected on this forum (except, like, Advin due to no quantity)

Some providers I know / used were notified, on previous page, where they bought a lot.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@tsoft said:

@jsg said:
    @tsoft

So these were the last posts, so you can lie at my feet and apologize :D You may start now.

What else could I say.

40k entities (domains + single IPs) were used.
    Spammer from China.
    Nearly all providers were affected on this forum (except, like, Advin due to no quantity)

Some providers I know / used were notified, on previous page, where they bought a lot.

Sorry but I usually don't read your posts. I simply skip your posting convulsions unless you address me directly.

Have a nice weekend

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

@jsg said:
    Sorry

I only accept apologies from those who lie at my feet. Have you already laid down?

@jsg - address you directly B)

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

In summary, it was a large spam operator from China, that advertised fake online stores.

I have a large list of providers that were affected :D

I was wondering myself, why Microsoft has become so aggressive over the past week - now everything is clear.

Spammers were able to approve 25 port open even at upcloud / linode...

The only advice could give to providers is not to give access to port 25 to random people and verify customers. We can go deep and discuss fingerprinting customers, but will of out of scope and hard to implement in whm.

Hope helped @repuc and other people on time :D

But ok, lets stop discussing hosting stuff and go to read @jsg flood in other theads, his false dichotomy about liberalism, with argumentation to the extremes and lack of proofs, which indicates the spiritual emptiness of a person :D

Thanked by 1repuc
  • tentortentor Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2023

@tsoft said: The only advice could give to providers is not to give access to port 25 to random people and verify customers. We can go deep and discuss fingerprinting customers, but will of out of scope and hard to implement in whm.

So far our policy was not attractive to spammers:

To enforce email anti-spam policy, the Operator may block access to the 25/tcp port, which is used to route emails between email servers.

1. If not stated otherwise in the Service description, access to this port is blocked.
    2. The Customer may ask the Operator to unblock access to the SMTP port. To satisfy Customers’ request to unblock access to the SMTP port, the Operator will ask the IP addresses list and the Service ID for unblocking. To confirm operation, the Customer must prolong related Service so that total expenses for this Service will be at least 20 EUR per IP.
    3. The Customer is eligible for free SMTP port unblock when in total they have paid 20 EUR per unblocked IP or more.

Looks to me a lot more convenient (for provider) and costly for spammer

Thanked by 1tsoft
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

PS What is funny, they even used free proxies, when registered at different providers. As cheap as possible.

Mostly used Japan free proxies (close to China). So, hosters on this forum, look at orders from Japan :D
    Also, like optlink does, you may at least check reputation of IPs, of your customers.

Ups, sorry, sorry, i go, or @jsg would be very angry. Go to read his flood :#

• @cybertech said:
    im curious

Ok, if interested, crawl and mine 500 million domains, every new registered domain that went online. The purpose is secret :D

So can detect domains / IPs even with the intention to spam or scam, that haven't started spamming yet. By fingerprints of spammers.

• antonpaantonpa Member, Patron Provider

@emgh said:
    @antonpa just for info, please also provide:
    Clients password
    Clients payment details
    Clients nickname as a child (security question)
    Clients DNA

1) client who had this IPs was removed 25 of November due to SPAM abuses, we have strict LoA and automated abuse service.

2) we can't provide any data here due to strict GPDR policies.

• It looks like their website and my server is down. Someone else?

• TekoTeko Member
    edited December 2023

@lala_th said:
    It looks like their website and my server is down. Someone else?

The show has ended. Please exit the discussion with your popcorn.

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@lala_th said:

@hxservers claimed that they have refunded everything to everyone

• so did anybody got there data back ?

• @WhiteRoseG said:
    so did anybody got there data back ?

They haven’t even reached out to their own customers to let them know that anything has happened. My server has disappeared and I’m only aware of what’s going on because of this site.

• @tentor said:

Nothing refunded, at least for these how paid Trc20

• @tentor said:

@lala_th said:

claimed

Thanked by 2tsoft tentor
  • @WhiteRoseG said:
    so did anybody got there data back ?

In 2011, people directly contacted him and got data back. This year he offers the same. Contact in PM and request data.

If nothing works, contact me in PM. will give his personal emails, if does not respond anywhere.

• The end. Chris turned off all servers.
    No refund was received.

• Spam operator from China killed Chris's new venture,very sad.

He bought servers on September 4-5th and launched the hx website on them on September 8th. Now monthly contact has expired and he did not renew.

hxservers lived 88 days
    lynxservers ~ 60 days

So Chris made a progress.

This discussion has been closed.