Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HXServers Los Angeles Outages?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HXServers Los Angeles Outages?

My VPS at HXServers in Los Angeles has been down for about 24 hours. The client panel is showing 'Down for Maintenance (Err 3)'. Anybody know what's going on? Am I the only one experiencing this server issue?

Thanked by 2Operator hxservers

Comments

• TekoTeko Member
    edited November 2023

@cybertech said:
    thank you for your feedback.

thank you for your comment support service™️

• My VPS in LA is up and no issue.
    Wasn't aware about maintenance until I saw this post and went to check - can confirm the client portal is down for me too.

Thanked by 1Teko
  • 7$

Thanked by 2emgh Operator
  • my vps down

Thanked by 1Teko
  • My los Angeles vps is down.

Thanked by 1Teko
  • It's dead I think.

• edited November 2023

OMG, millions are being lost!

Thanked by 2ariq01 coreflux
  • emghemgh Member
    edited November 2023

Since nobody cares enough to even notice, "their" whole website is down too.

@hxservers thank you for your deadpoolsmall downtime

Thanked by 1nepeus
  • So uh, is this like normal? Had to do some research and find out what Deadpool means. But curious if this is the norm for cheap vps services? I had some decent code I wrote on one of the servers that I hadn't exactly backed up.

• SinVSinV Member, Host Rep

@Operator said:
    So uh, is this like normal? Had to do some research and find out what Deadpool means. But curious if this is the norm for cheap vps services? I had some decent code I wrote on one of the servers that I hadn't exactly backed up.

No, they were new, plus cheap. Website had inaccurate info. They looked sus from the beginning.

• THANKS FOR FEEDBACK

Thanked by 1emgh
  • xaosxaos Member
    edited November 2023

Redacted by Moderator.

• @hxservers they posted it here too btw

Thanked by 1hxservers
  • What is "socal compute"?

• @LTniger said:
    What is "socal compute"?

socal , southern california

Thanked by 1Levi
  • WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited November 2023

Is this a new thread ?

• @Operator said:
    So uh, is this like normal? Had to do some research and find out what Deadpool means. But curious if this is the norm for cheap vps services? I had some decent code I wrote on one of the servers that I hadn't exactly backed up.

On the bright side, you'll write the code better the second time round.

• The server should be intact it's only a IP problem so your data can be recovered @hxservers right ?

• emghemgh Member
    edited November 2023

Before closing this too, if this gets closed, I want more information from mods

IF a sole trader is scamming (not even sure it’s a sole trader or a scam in this case), you ask Stripe for the ”company” and they give you a personal name because it’s a sole trader (not specific to this case, just in general)

Are you then not allowed to talk about who scammed you? Crazy loophole

• emghemgh Member
    edited November 2023

Stripe REQUIRES the posted info

I do assume now, but I think there’s ZERO doxxing going on, I think what’s being posted is what STRIPE THEMSELVES provide when asked for the contact details to the party charging your card

They do this because when you sign up to Stripe, you have to provide your contact details, I’m fairly certain they’re quite clear on how they’ll use this when getting complaints etc

If you want to stay anonymous, don’t charge people’s cards, or, register a company and use that

If you want to get mad at doxxing, blame Stripe

• @emgh said:

IF a sole trader is scamming (not even sure it’s a sole trader or a scam in this case), you ask Stripe for the ”company” and they give you a personal name because it’s a sole trader (not specific to this case, just in general)

Iam not sure if he was scamming, I think he just got in over his head without the proper preparation

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@emgh said:

Iam not sure if he was scamming, I think he just got in over his head without the proper preparation

I am not either.

• To add to this, thank you @emgh, turns out you're entirely correct on the Stripe topic. It was stripe that provided that information that was then released on LET.

Additionally, to answer the "I'm not sure he was scamming" - No, I was not scamming. The amount of abuse filed with IPXO caused them to suspend my account, including all rented subnets. HX literally vanished in an instant.

The servers are in fact still online. The trouble is the networking is of course broken. IPXO won't help me restore functionality of those IP blocks. There are thousands of VPS on the servers. I'm trying to find a solution for customers to at least get their data, upon request.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Best thing you can do make an topic on LET were people can ask for there data back and give them support, because now people do not know what happend, so do this at first.

Thanked by 1hxservers
  • remyremy Member
    edited November 2023

@hxservers said:
    To add to this, thank you @emgh, turns out you're entirely correct on the Stripe topic. It was stripe that provided that information that was then released on LET.

Additionally, to answer the "I'm not sure he was scamming" - No, I was not scamming. The amount of abuse filed with IPXO caused them to suspend my account, including all rented subnets. HX literally vanished in an instant.

The servers are in fact still online. The trouble is the networking is of course broken. IPXO won't help me restore functionality of those IP blocks. There are thousands of VPS on the servers. I'm trying to find a solution for customers to at least get their data, upon request.

I'm not familiar with the regulations in force in the United States.
    But generally, if the company is registered at a home address, then that address is public.
    And it doesn't seem crazy to me that stripe would disclose it in the event of a complaint.
    Now that it remains published on this high-traffic forum it's not necessarily ideal....
    Refund your customers. Provide them with the data.
    And I don't see why anyone would be ill-intentioned towards you.

And buy the IPs if you decide to continue

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @hxservers so, to be clear, no matter if you manage to solve this with IPXO, if you find another supplier, if yo migrate or if you give up, will clients have lost their data?

If so, it would probably be wise sending the full active client list an email saying this. Not everybody follow drama threads on LET.

• @emgh said:
    @hxservers so, to be clear, no matter if you manage to solve this with IPXO, if you find another supplier, if yo migrate or if you give up, will clients have lost their data?

If so, it would probably be wise sending the full active client list an email saying this. Not everybody follow drama threads on LET.

Their mail is down too. They should at least restore their mail service first so they can inform all users about this.

Thanked by 1emgh
This discussion has been closed.