Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good offer? 8c epyc, 24gb, 420gb ssd - 10€ recurring - germany - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

good offer? 8c epyc, 24gb, 420gb ssd - 10€ recurring - germany

Comments

• @bench said:
    if the provider cannot take care of the availability of his site, how will he take care of the availability of your sites? wasted $10

wait for the ticket system to work and request a refund

Don't waste money on this site.
    Checked config and they want €6 for an IPv6 addon.

• @ascicode said:

@bench said:
    if the provider cannot take care of the availability of his site, how will he take care of the availability of your sites? wasted $10

Don't waste money on this site.
    Checked config and they want €6 for an IPv6 addon.

lol

• Update. I managed to reinstall and this time the server came up and seems to work. Not sure what should I do now... I like the specs but I am worried about what I saw with the control panel at the same time and am worried about ticket support. What should I do?

• @vitobotta said:
    Update. I managed to reinstall and this time the server came up and seems to work. Not sure what should I do now... I like the specs but I am worried about what I saw with the control panel at the same time and am worried about ticket support. What should I do?

Refund if you don't like it. I had zero down times so far and for me the interface was the whole day working when I checked it. They are pretty active on their discord if you want a fast answer.

• @vitobotta said:

@bench said:

Yeah me too.

Maybe you interrupted the installation process? I've had mine online for about 6-7 hours now and no issue with it. Reinstalling Ubuntu took a while and was stuck at 46% for what looked like 5 minutes.

I noticed the control panel was inaccessible few times during the day, but, it didn't affect my server. I was able to push over 250GB from OVH to the server in no time.

• Quick info update for everyone

Just came to inform everyone that is using vps on here and other hosts keep in mind that if you are reinstalling or updating or anything network related to ubuntu servers and mirrors will be very time consuming and it may lead to system damage or corruption or install fail as seems that all the mirrors coming from their services have network issues for hours now. There is no problems with the hosts in case anyone wondering.

As for when its gonna be resolved is unknown but as its the official mirrors which are affected i think they are already working on resolving it fast.

• @gbzret4d said:

@vitobotta said:
    Update. I managed to reinstall and this time the server came up and seems to work. Not sure what should I do now... I like the specs but I am worried about what I saw with the control panel at the same time and am worried about ticket support. What should I do?

Refund if you don't like it. I had zero down times so far and for me the interface was the whole day working when I checked it. They are pretty active on their discord if you want a fast answer.

Yeah I am gonna keep it for a couple of months to see how stable it is. What's their discord?

@DanSummer said:

@vitobotta said:

@bench said:

Yeah me too.

Maybe you interrupted the installation process? I've had mine online for about 6-7 hours now and no issue with it. Reinstalling Ubuntu took a while and was stuck at 46% for what looked like 5 minutes.

I noticed the control panel was inaccessible few times during the day, but, it didn't affect my server. I was able to push over 250GB from OVH to the server in no time.

I didn't interrupt it, I had major issues even accessing the control panel. Now seems better. The server is up and I have migrated some apps to test it for a couple of months.

• The server is pretty snappy for the price.

• This is interesting... I am only using over 5GB of RAM according to OS inside the VPS (and which is similar to the usage in the GreenCloudVPS I migrated from), but the Bero Host control panel shows I am using 91% of the RAM:

Are they using the ballooning system like SSDNodes?

• I think they've had a huge number of orders. The offer was posted on a very popular German site. And the infra of their site must not be sized for that.

It's still a small supplier, so I'm not sure it's worth taking into account.
    But I'd be interested to get some feedback after a few weeks/months of use. I didn't know about this host.

• @remy said:
    I think they've had a huge number of orders. The offer was posted on a very popular German site. And the infra of their site must not be sized for that.

But I'd be interested to get some feedback after a few weeks/months of use. I didn't know about this host.

surprisingly they are keeping up well. i wanted to order a second but forgot offer was on count down and was removed instantly :p

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2023

@vitobotta said:
    This is interesting... I am only using over 5GB of RAM according to OS inside the VPS (and which is similar to the usage in the GreenCloudVPS I migrated from), but the Bero Host control panel shows I am using 91% of the RAM:

Control panels are usually not an accurate source of information of memory usages because it generally shows the memory usage from the host's side. The memory usage on the control panel could be higher than what is shown in the OS because some of that memory is being used for the purposes of caching. You can probably check this by running free -h in the system and seeing how much RAM is actually being used and how much is being used for caching.

https://www.linuxatemyram.com/

• gbzret4dgbzret4d Member
    edited November 2023

@vitobotta said:
    This is interesting... I am only using over 5GB of RAM according to OS inside the VPS (and which is similar to the usage in the GreenCloudVPS I migrated from), but the Bero Host control panel shows I am using 91% of the RAM:

Strange how many problems you have with bero. Check it like @Advin advised with free - h

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2023

Funny how some think about or actually are or are advising others to leave/ask for refund because the OP host site seems t currently experience some problems.

As I said, I myself am not interested in that product because to me that offer looks too good to be true.

BUT: If you like and took that product, you really shouldn't turn around and walk away just because their site currently experiences problems. Look, it's simple: Not so large (yet?) provider offers an irresistible (to many) deal ... and gets overrun by massive crowds - means little to nothing wrt your VPS, other than a panel possibly being slow or non-responsive for a couple of days.

The correct reaction IMO in such a situation is not to turn around and walk away but to stay, have some patience and opening a ticket along the lines of "Problems, lots of them. It seems you're overwhelmed currently. No sweat, I don't leave but please add X weeks of service to my VPS once the run is over and things return to normal ~ I can fully and normally use my VPS."

My 2 cents

Thanked by 2DanSummer ariq01
  • The host spec is right here https://bero-host.de/informationen/technik
    That's pretty much 10€/m for 1 dedicated hw core or 2 dedicated hw threads, and 24gb ddr4 ram.
    I'd say great value for non production.

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@ireadthanku said:
    The host spec is right here https://bero-host.de/informationen/technik
    That's pretty much 10€/m for 1 dedicated hw core or 2 dedicated hw threads, and 24gb ddr4 ram.
    I'd say great value for non production.

I hope those aren't the specs storage wise. Otherwise they either run RAID0 or seriously gamble with the average client usage. With the offer they'd sell around 9TB per node.

• @yoursunny said: You'll lose your house if you forget to cancel.

Thanked 10 times for something that is obviously a false statement? A single FAQ entry explains it better than I could. In a nutshell, the service is fully prepaid, no contracts involved.

@jsg said: As I said, I myself am not interested in that product because to me that offer looks too good to be true.

It's even better than that. When you add funds to the account (which is instant, BTW, at least when using PayPal) there's currently an additional bonus, +31%. This brings the price of this "too good to be true" deal to only 7.63 €!

It's true that there are serious issues with their control panel, but most essentially, after grabbing the deal literally minutes before it ended (it ended an hour earlier, out of stock probably), I was able to use console, rescue system, repartition according to my needs, and ever since the VPS has been rock solid.

No need to attach the yabs, 'cause it looks just like all the others in this topic. It's a very performant VPS, with lots of RAM, big and fast NVMe disk and proper 1G networking. Still don't believe the price I paid for all that, I wonder will there be any BF deal that comes even close to this deal?! (@Advin, I'm looking at you :) )

Now going to lock in that low price for some time, while I can, so I can report back in a few months. B)

Thanked by 1DarkMagik
    edited November 2023

@maverick said:
    Thanked 10 times for something that is obviously a false statement? A single FAQ entry explains it better than I could. In a nutshell, the service is fully prepaid, no contracts involved.

You are right but it might be helpful to put time periods in their statement/explanation like e.g. "first email 2 weeks before ..., 2nd email 1 week before ..." etc.

@jsg said: As I said, I myself am not interested in that product because to me that offer looks too good to be true.

It's even better than that. When you add funds to the account (which is instant, BTW, at least when using PayPal) there's currently an additional bonus, +31%. This brings the price of this "too good to be true" deal to only 7.63 €!

Even better and tastier - well, from one perspective. From mine I trust their offer even less.
    But hey, that's just me and I certainly wish those who went for that promo the best of luck, sincerely.

It's true that there are serious issues with their control panel, but most essentially, after grabbing the deal literally minutes before it ended (it ended an hour earlier, out of stock probably), I was able to use console, rescue system, repartition according to my needs, and ever since the VPS has been rock solid.

That wasn't my point. My point was that either one takes that offer or one does not, but if one takes it, one shouldn't turn around and walk away and ask for a refund just because something happens that is totally not surprising. Give them a couple of days or even a week or two for the first wild stampede to pass and simply ask them to add that time to your VPS.

No need to attach the yabs, 'cause it looks just like all the others in this topic. It's a very performant VPS, with lots of RAM, big and fast NVMe disk and proper 1G networking. Still don't believe the price I paid for all that, I wonder will there be any BF deal that comes even close to this deal?! (@Advin, I'm looking at you :) )

Frankly, I doubt that any provider in his right mind would mirror that promo or even something close to it. But then, BF is coming closer and it wouldn't be the first time strange and weird things happen on BF ...

Now going to lock in that low price for some time, while I can, so I can report back in a few months. B)

Enjoy your new powerful VM, I mean it! ;)

Thanked by 1maverick
  • vitobottavitobotta Member
    edited November 2023

@remy said:
    I think they've had a huge number of orders. The offer was posted on a very popular German site. And the infra of their site must not be sized for that.

I will make sure to write a review or something in a couple of months.

@Advin said:

@vitobotta said:

Control panels are usually not an accurate source of information of memory usages because it generally shows the memory usage from the host's side. The memory usage on the control panel could be higher than what is shown in the OS because some of that memory is being used for the purposes of caching. You can probably check this by running free -h in the system and seeing how much RAM is actually being used and how much is being used for caching.

https://www.linuxatemyram.com/

Yeah I asked them and they gave the same explanation :)

@gbzret4d said:

@vitobotta said:

Strange how many problems you have with bero. Check it like @Advin advised with free - h

I feel I have been a bit unlucky with the control panel but once the reinstallation was sorted it's been all good since then. I migrated some apps and they are pretty snappy. Fingers crossed!

@jsg said:
    Funny how some think about or actually are or are advising others to leave/ask for refund because the OP host site seems t currently experience some problems.

As I said, I myself am not interested in that product because to me that offer looks too good to be true.

BUT: If you like and took that product, you really shouldn't turn around and walk away just because their site currently experiences problems. Look, it's simple: Not so large (yet?) provider offers an irresistible (to many) deal ... and gets overrun by massive crowds - means little to nothing wrt your VPS, other than a panel possibly being slow or non-responsive for a couple of days.

The correct reaction IMO in such a situation is not to turn around and walk away but to stay, have some patience and opening a ticket along the lines of "Problems, lots of them. It seems you're overwhelmed currently. No sweat, I don't leave but please add X weeks of service to my VPS once the run is over and things return to normal ~ I can fully and normally use my VPS."

My 2 cents

Good point, I should have asked that.

@maverick said:

@yoursunny said: You'll lose your house if you forget to cancel.

I forgot to mention about the credit! I was pleasantly surprised to see the 31% of additional credit, which in fact makes the server even cheaper. I wonder if they will keep this or if it's temporary.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @vitobotta said:

I forgot to mention about the credit! I was pleasantly surprised to see the 31% of additional credit, which in fact makes the server even cheaper. I wonder if they will keep this or if it's temporary.

The deal has already expired, and the bonus credit is also limited to today only! To be more precise, 14 hours left to grab it. I've just replenished enough to be able to extend for 6 months. Beware, once credited, it's not refundable!

Forgot to add in the first post, that no port is blocked on the VPS, and the IP is clean.

This is increasingly a problem lately where providers block port 25 both inbound and outbound and I don't like that at all. I understand the fight against spammers, I fight them myself, but limiting usability of VPS to genuine non-abusing customers is still not nice move. Truth be told, many are willing to open port 25 on request, so at least some good news. Then again some providers have been abused in the past heavily, so IP's get stuck in various RBL, which prevents using such VPS as any half-serious mail server.

• @maverick said:

@vitobotta said:

The deal has already expired, and the bonus credit is also limited to today only! To be more precise, 14 hours left to grab it. I've just replenished enough to be able to extend for 6 months. Beware, once credited, it's not refundable!

Forgot to add in the first post, that no port is blocked on the VPS, and the IP is clean.

This is increasingly a problem lately where providers block port 25 both inbound and outbound and I don't like that at all. I understand the fight against spammers, I fight them myself, but limiting usability of VPS to genuine non-abusing customers is still not nice move. Truth be told, many are willing to open port 25 on request, so at least some good news. Then again some providers have been abused in the past heavily, so IP's get stuck in various RBL, which prevents using such VPS as any half-serious mail server.

Thanks for letting me know! I just purchased more credit so I have many months covered now at 7euros per month. It's a bit of a gamble since I just started using this provider so I hope I don't end up regretting it :pensive:

edited November 2023

@vitobotta said:
    ["even cheaper" image]
    additional credit, which in fact makes the server even cheaper. I wonder if they will keep this or if it's temporary.

Hmmmm, maybe, just maybe "Only until 1.11.2023 at 23:59" is kind of a hint? ...

• @vitobotta said: Thanks for letting me know! I just purchased more credit so I have many months covered now at 7euros per month. It's a bit of a gamble since I just started using this provider so I hope I don't end up regretting it :pensive:

I guess we're all natural born gamblers, especially on this forum. :D

That moment, when BF finally arrives, yearly deals floating around like there's no tomorrow, many too good to be true, to press that order button or not? So much adrenaline... :D

On the bright side, I might not be needing all that much any more, spent this whole year replacing older/slower stuff with better performing one, so I expect myself to be much more calm this BF. 2023 has been just great to fetch great VPS deals, IMHO.

Thanked by 1remy
  • @maverick said:

@vitobotta said: Thanks for letting me know! I just purchased more credit so I have many months covered now at 7euros per month. It's a bit of a gamble since I just started using this provider so I hope I don't end up regretting it :pensive:

That moment, when BF finally arrives, yearly deals floating around like there's no tomorrow, many too good to be true, to press that order button or not? So much adrenaline... :D

On the bright side, I might not be needing all that much any more, spent this whole year replacing older/slower stuff with better performing one, so I expect myself to be much more calm this BF. 2023 has been just great to fetch great VPS deals, IMHO.

It's so true, we all know reliable providers who rent servers with relatively good value for money.
    But we sometimes take risks for an offer that's too good to be true.
    And I have to say, it's not always profitable. I've lost quite a bit of money paying yearly for servers that turned out to be very disappointing.
    However, I've also discovered some very good providers: Ramnode, GreenCloud...
    I still avoid gambling for projects that earn me money.

Thanked by 2maverick vitobotta
  • @remy said: It's so true, we all know reliable providers who rent servers with relatively good value for money.
    And I have to say, it's not always profitable. I've lost quite a bit of money paying yearly for servers that turned out to be very disappointing.

Sooo true. I can perfectly relate to every word you wrote.

Which is also why I'll be more inclined to pick monthly deals from now on, unless I'm sure what I'm doing. Of course yearly deals can look more attractive on paper, but many times it ends up being just that... only on paper. :#

Just one more gamble, and I'm outta here... :D

• @jsg said:

@vitobotta said:
    ["even cheaper" image]
    additional credit, which in fact makes the server even cheaper. I wonder if they will keep this or if it's temporary.

Hmmmm, maybe, just maybe "Only until 1.11.2023 at 23:59" is kind of a hint? ...

Ehm I didn't notice or forgot to translate :p

@remy said:

@maverick said:

@vitobotta said: Thanks for letting me know! I just purchased more credit so I have many months covered now at 7euros per month. It's a bit of a gamble since I just started using this provider so I hope I don't end up regretting it :pensive:

It's so true, we all know reliable providers who rent servers with relatively good value for money.
    However, I've also discovered some very good providers: Ramnode, GreenCloud...
    I still avoid gambling for projects that earn me money.

Agree. I personally use Hetzner for personal stuff that is kinda more important, and at work we use Google Cloud. I wouldn't use any super cheap providers for this stuff.

• ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2023-09-06

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Wed 01 Nov 2023 10:04:10 PM CST

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 0 days, 9 hours, 39 minutes
    Processor : AMD EPYC 7443P 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores : 8 @ 2844.656 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 23.5 GiB
    Swap : 975.0 MiB
    Disk : 411.4 GiB
    Distro : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel : 5.10.0-26-cloud-amd64
    VM Type : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6 : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:

ISP : Oliver Horscht is trading as \SYNLINQ\
    ASN : AS44486 Oliver Horscht is trading as \SYNLINQ\
    Host : Rubv6

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 131.17 MB/s (32.7k) 783.97 MB/s (12.2k)
    Write 131.52 MB/s (32.8k) 788.10 MB/s (12.3k)
    Total 262.70 MB/s (65.6k) 1.57 GB/s (24.5k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 2.24 GB/s (4.3k) 1.63 GB/s (1.5k)
    Write 2.36 GB/s (4.6k) 1.73 GB/s (1.6k)
    Total 4.61 GB/s (9.0k) 3.36 GB/s (3.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 650 Mbits/sec 134 Mbits/sec 14.3 ms
    Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) 775 Mbits/sec busy 12.1 ms
    NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) 837 Mbits/sec 900 Mbits/sec 7.95 ms
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 658 Mbits/sec 38.6 Mbits/sec 99.7 ms
    Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 520 Mbits/sec 127 Mbits/sec 86.6 ms
    Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 262 Mbits/sec 20.6 Mbits/sec 117 ms
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 393 Mbits/sec 38.3 Mbits/sec 161 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 418 Mbits/sec 189 Mbits/sec 13.4 ms
    Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) busy busy 12.5 ms
    NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) 679 Mbits/sec 953 Mbits/sec 7.97 ms
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 664 Mbits/sec 44.8 Mbits/sec 90.6 ms
    Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 594 Mbits/sec 127 Mbits/sec 86.7 ms
    Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 617 Mbits/sec 51.5 Mbits/sec 123 ms
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 627 Mbits/sec 63.3 Mbits/sec 150 ms

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 1235
    Multi Core | 5039
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/3346485

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • Hey guys, how has it been for you so far? My server is working great! Performance is pretty good (it's an upgrade from the GreenCloud VPS that was hosting the same apps) and so far no problems at all apart from the initial problems with the control panel. So far I am happy that I didn't cancel and decided to give it a try.

• @vitobotta said:
    Hey guys, how has it been for you so far? My server is working great! Performance is pretty good (it's an upgrade from the GreenCloud VPS that was hosting the same apps) and so far no problems at all apart from the initial problems with the control panel. So far I am happy that I didn't cancel and decided to give it a try.

It's been rock solid for me.

Between this one, the Oplink storage server and VirMach storage, I think I'm all set and I can safely ignore upcoming storage offers this Black Friday :)

• @DanSummer said:

@vitobotta said:
    Hey guys, how has it been for you so far? My server is working great! Performance is pretty good (it's an upgrade from the GreenCloud VPS that was hosting the same apps) and so far no problems at all apart from the initial problems with the control panel. So far I am happy that I didn't cancel and decided to give it a try.

It's been rock solid for me.

Between this one, the Oplink storage server and VirMach storage, I think I'm all set and I can safely ignore upcoming storage offers this Black Friday :)

Me too. It's unlikely any BF offer might be even better than this one :D