Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good offer? 8c epyc, 24gb, 420gb ssd - 10€ recurring - germany - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

good offer? 8c epyc, 24gb, 420gb ssd - 10€ recurring - germany

Comments

• @vitobotta said:
    Question for those who have this VPS: have you noticed anything weird with uptime? I set up uptime monitoring with Uptime Kuma 3 days ago and there is a brief downtime every day between 2 and 4am UTC. I will check one more day and contact support if it happens again but was wondering if it's just me.

Yes.Same question.

• @sayyiku said:

@vitobotta said:
    Question for those who have this VPS: have you noticed anything weird with uptime? I set up uptime monitoring with Uptime Kuma 3 days ago and there is a brief downtime every day between 2 and 4am UTC. I will check one more day and contact support if it happens again but was wondering if it's just me.

Yes.Same question.

Do you mean you are seeing the same?

• @vitobotta said:

@sayyiku said:

@vitobotta said:

Yes.Same question.

Down for 21min

• Stop reminding us that we missed a good deal please :D
    Their black friday offer was quite similar but with less disk space. And I needed that disk space

• @sayyiku said:

@vitobotta said:

@sayyiku said:

@vitobotta said:

Yes.Same question.

Down for 21min

Which monitoring are you using?

• @SmartHost said:
    << you pay for 30 days and if you dont want it anymore you just dont pay the following month. >>

This is my pet peave.
    Non-usage/non-payment is NOT a proper form of cancellation.
    Nothing pisses me off more than clients not properly cancelling service, and expecting us to be mind readers.
    Then they are pissed off if we delete it and they try and pay later and it is not there any more.

~ SMARTHOST

You're right and I agree with you.

• @remy said:
    Stop reminding us that we missed a good deal please :D
    Their black friday offer was quite similar but with less disk space. And I needed that disk space

I feel your pain. :D

All you can do is check their calendar every day, maybe just maybe something suitable for you pops up. And I wish you good luck!

Thanked by 1remy
  • @vitobotta said:

@sayyiku said:

@vitobotta said:

@sayyiku said:

@vitobotta said:

Yes.Same question.

Down for 21min

Which monitoring are you using?

hetrixtools

• I got an email from them today, they are doing new offers with the Christmas calendar thing https://bero-host.de/aktion/xmas

• @vitobotta said:
    I got an email from them today, they are doing new offers with the Christmas calendar thing https://bero-host.de/aktion/xmas

Thanks for this.
    I have absolutely no need for another VPS, but if the deal comes around again, I might grab one.
    Do they have additional discount for yearly payment?

• @vitobotta said:
    I got an email from them today, they are doing new offers with the Christmas calendar thing https://bero-host.de/aktion/xmas

if not familair with this kind of deals: every day a new offer like the netcup calendar

@maverick said:

@remy said:
    Stop reminding us that we missed a good deal please :D

I feel your pain. :D

All you can do is check their calendar every day, maybe just maybe something suitable for you pops up. And I wish you good luck!

Their kvm deals should be in their christmas calendar

• @sayyiku said:

@vitobotta said:

Yes.Same question.

not a single downtime.
    What are you running (os, software, ...)?

• @gbzret4d said:

@sayyiku said:

@vitobotta said:

Yes.Same question.

not a single downtime.

And you have uptime monitoring set up?

• @vitobotta said:

@gbzret4d said:

@sayyiku said:

@vitobotta said:

Yes.Same question.

not a single downtime.

If you mean me: logged in through ssh and no timed out connection so far. Hetrixtools not installed by now

• @gbzret4d said:

@vitobotta said:

@gbzret4d said:

@sayyiku said:

@vitobotta said:

Yes.Same question.

not a single downtime.

If you mean me: logged in through ssh and no timed out connection so far. Hetrixtools not installed by now

Well, that's the thing. I only noticed that there was network downtime at around the same time for 3 days was thanks to uptime monitoring, otherwise all looked good

• @DarkMagik said:

@vitobotta said:

Thanks for this.
    I have absolutely no need for another VPS, but if the deal comes around again, I might grab one.
    Do they have additional discount for yearly payment?

I don't think so. You can prepay for 30, 60... days, but the price is always the same!

BUT... they did it for Halloween and again for Black Friday, 1st time you could add funds with 31% bonus, and second time even 35%. That is how you prepay for a longer period with them, and with a very nice discount, IMHO.

So, watch out for stuff in calender, fill up to buy the first 30 days, then wait for the bonus day (it lasted for 24h last 2 times) and THEN refill up to your required period. You can then use these funds to prolong the service at a discount. Of course, I can't be sure that there with be another discount day this month, but then again, I feel it's likely.

I think it's a sound model and a generous additional discount. At least I had a lots of fun with their way of doing business. And recently added translator in Firefox comes handy and works very well.

Thanked by 1DarkMagik
  • DarkMagikDarkMagik Member
    edited December 2023

@maverick That was helpful, thanks for the detailed reply.
    The original halloween offer beats most black friday deals I've seen. Their bf deal wasn't as impressive because of the reduced storage.
    But I assume it's because they got a lot of orders during halloween.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • I contacted support now. The networking issue is getting worse for me. For the past couple of hours uptime monitoring has shown apps up and down all the time and it's not false positives because I can confirm that sites are unreachable or requests take too long, above the threshold of the uptime monitoring so it flags them as down. Same thing with ssh, connections take 4-5 seconds now. But if I look at the system, there's plenty of resources available and as expected the load in the system is extremely low because I am the only person using these apps.

How is it looking for you today?

• PagePage Member
    edited December 2023

@vitobotta said:
    I contacted support now. The networking issue is getting worse for me. For the past couple of hours uptime monitoring has shown apps up and down all the time and it's not false positives because I can confirm that sites are unreachable or requests take too long, above the threshold of the uptime monitoring so it flags them as down. Same thing with ssh, connections take 4-5 seconds now. But if I look at the system, there's plenty of resources available and as expected the load in the system is extremely low because I am the only person using these apps.

They have connectivity issues with their network outside of Germany in Europe. I have noticed this for the past year. For example, there were high packet loss issues when connecting from BuyVM in Luxembourg to BeroHost. I switched to Hetzner (proxy) , and the connectivity returned to normal.

I currently have six servers with BeroHost, and I have found a better purpose for them. They are suitable for slave services rather than being used as primary servers. Overall, their performance is relatively reliable, but the network quality still needs improvement.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • @Page said:

@vitobotta said:
    I contacted support now. The networking issue is getting worse for me. For the past couple of hours uptime monitoring has shown apps up and down all the time and it's not false positives because I can confirm that sites are unreachable or requests take too long, above the threshold of the uptime monitoring so it flags them as down. Same thing with ssh, connections take 4-5 seconds now. But if I look at the system, there's plenty of resources available and as expected the load in the system is extremely low because I am the only person using these apps.

They have connectivity issues with their network outside of Germany in Europe. I have noticed this for the past year. For example, there were high packet loss issues when connecting from BuyVM in Luxembourg to BeroHost. I switched to Hetzner (proxy) , and the connectivity returned to normal.

I currently have six servers with BeroHost, and I have found a better purpose for them. They are suitable for slave services rather than being used as primary servers. Overall, their performance is relatively reliable, but the network quality still needs improvement.

What do you mean by "I switched to Hetzner (proxy) , and the connectivity returned to normal."?

• PagePage Member
    edited December 2023

@vitobotta said:

@Page said:

@vitobotta said:

What do you mean by "I switched to Hetzner (proxy) , and the connectivity returned to normal."?

It is an nginx proxy. There were high packet loss issues when connecting from BuyVM to BeroHost. However, after switching to Hetzner to connect to berohost, the packet loss problem was resolved.

• I haven't heard from support yet but everything seems back to normal at the moment. I hope it doesn't happen again.

• They found the problem and implemented a fix. All in all it wasn't too long wait on a Saturday.

• gbzret4dgbzret4d Member
    edited December 2023

wget -qO- bench.sh | bash

-------------------- A Bench.sh Script By Teddysun -------------------
    Version : v2023-10-15

Usage : wget -qO- bench.sh | bash

CPU Model : AMD EPYC 7443P 24-Core Processor
    CPU Cores : 8 @ 2844.658 MHz
    CPU Cache : 512 KB
    AES-NI : ✓ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✓ Enabled
    Total Disk : 412,3 GB (4,3 GB Used)
    Total Mem : 23,5 GB (394,8 MB Used)
    Total Swap : 1024,0 MB (0 Used)
    System uptime : 10 days, 21 hour 54 min
    Load average : 0.17, 0.09, 0.03
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 5.15.0-89-generic
    TCP CC : cubic
    Virtualization : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6 : ✓ Online / ✓ Online
    Organization : AS44486 Oliver Horscht is trading as "SYNLINQ"

Region : Hesse

I/O Speed(1st run) : 685 MB/s
    I/O Speed(2nd run) : 521 MB/s
    I/O Speed(3rd run) : 669 MB/s

I/O Speed(average) : 625,0 MB/s

Node Name Upload Speed Download Speed Latency
    Speedtest.net 914.82 Mbps 985.35 Mbps 3.96 ms
    Los Angeles, US 186.48 Mbps 988.43 Mbps 170.15 ms
    Dallas, US 263.11 Mbps 986.64 Mbps 142.16 ms
    Montreal, CA 325.05 Mbps 934.54 Mbps 90.31 ms
    Paris, FR 908.99 Mbps 1004.91 Mbps 10.74 ms
    Amsterdam, NL 936.52 Mbps 998.15 Mbps 7.90 ms
    Shanghai, CN 250.17 Mbps 718.25 Mbps 166.99 ms
    Hongkong, CN 198.16 Mbps 614.53 Mbps 232.10 ms
    Mumbai, IN 311.65 Mbps 827.08 Mbps 118.84 ms
    Singapore, SG 51.91 Mbps 831.55 Mbps 326.34 ms

Tokyo, JP 1.48 Mbps 798.05 Mbps 226.87 ms

Finished in : 5 min 21 sec
    Timestamp : 2023-12-03 13:21:18 CET

(curl -s wget.racing/nench.sh | bash; curl -s wget.racing/nench.sh | bash) 2>&1 | tee nench.log

nench.sh v2019.07.20 -- https://git.io/nench.sh

benchmark timestamp: 2023-12-03 12:22:03 UTC

Processor: AMD EPYC 7443P 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores: 8
    Frequency: 2844.658 MHz
    RAM: 23Gi
    Swap: 1,0Gi
    Kernel: Linux 5.15.0-89-generic x86_64

Disks:
    sda 420G SSD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
    1,870 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
    4,020 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
    0,828 seconds

ioping: seek rate
    min/avg/max/mdev = 36.0 us / 61.5 us / 1.93 ms / 25.3 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
    generated 39.4 k requests in 5.00 s, 9.62 GiB, 7.88 k iops, 1.92 GiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run: 602,72 MiB/s
    2nd run: 650,41 MiB/s
    3rd run: 613,21 MiB/s
    average: 622,11 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
    your IPv4: 45.82.120.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         96,68 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL):        0,48 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US):   0,00 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR):      80,49 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA):         2,02 MiB/s

IPv6 speedtests
    your IPv6: 2a0e:6a80:3:xxxx

Leaseweb (NL):        0,68 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR):      73,49 MiB/s

OVH BHS (CA): 3,84 MiB/s

nench.sh v2019.07.20 -- https://git.io/nench.sh

benchmark timestamp: 2023-12-03 12:23:01 UTC

Processor: AMD EPYC 7443P 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores: 8
    Frequency: 2844.658 MHz
    RAM: 23Gi
    Swap: 1,0Gi
    Kernel: Linux 5.15.0-89-generic x86_64

Disks:
    sda 420G SSD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
    1,997 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
    3,667 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
    0,783 seconds

ioping: seek rate
    min/avg/max/mdev = 36.0 us / 62.0 us / 4.76 ms / 38.8 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
    generated 36.7 k requests in 5.00 s, 8.97 GiB, 7.35 k iops, 1.79 GiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run: 666,62 MiB/s
    2nd run: 669,48 MiB/s
    3rd run: 621,80 MiB/s
    average: 652,63 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
    your IPv4: 45.82.120.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         109,82 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL):        0,63 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR):      62,24 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA):         11,28 MiB/s

IPv6 speedtests
    your IPv6: 2a0e:6a80:3:xxxx

Leaseweb (NL):        0,68 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR):      58,26 MiB/s

OVH BHS (CA): 13,43 MiB/s

curl -sL yabs.sh | bash

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2023-11-30

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

So 3. Dez 13:30:37 CET 2023

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 10 days, 22 hours, 8 minutes
    Processor : AMD EPYC 7443P 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores : 8 @ 2844.658 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 23.5 GiB
    Swap : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk : 411.3 GiB
    Distro : Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
    Kernel : 5.15.0-89-generic
    VM Type : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6 : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:

ISP : Oliver Horscht is trading as \"SYNLINQ\"
    ASN : AS44486 Oliver Horscht is trading as \"SYNLINQ\"
    Host : Rubv6

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/sda3):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 239.13 MB/s (59.7k) 1.84 GB/s (28.7k)
    Write 239.77 MB/s (59.9k) 1.85 GB/s (28.9k)
    Total 478.91 MB/s (119.7k) 3.69 GB/s (57.6k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 2.32 GB/s (4.5k) 2.76 GB/s (2.7k)
    Write 2.44 GB/s (4.7k) 2.95 GB/s (2.8k)
    Total 4.76 GB/s (9.3k) 5.72 GB/s (5.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 891 Mbits/sec 156 Mbits/sec 13.3 ms
    Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) busy busy 12.5 ms
    NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) 926 Mbits/sec 899 Mbits/sec --
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 576 Mbits/sec busy 94.3 ms
    Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 762 Mbits/sec 181 Mbits/sec 90.6 ms
    Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 154 Mbits/sec 29.6 Mbits/sec 115 ms
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 483 Mbits/sec 44.9 Mbits/sec 173 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 911 Mbits/sec 461 Mbits/sec 13.5 ms
    Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) busy busy 13.3 ms
    NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) 910 Mbits/sec 957 Mbits/sec 7.40 ms
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 620 Mbits/sec 51.8 Mbits/sec 93.1 ms
    Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 825 Mbits/sec 101 Mbits/sec 90.7 ms
    Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 681 Mbits/sec 90.6 Mbits/sec 115 ms
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 484 Mbits/sec busy 171 ms

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 1577
    Multi Core | 7480
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/3835261

YABS completed in 14 min 3 sec

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • I have contacted support to see how much it would cost to increase storage because I would like to host my photo library on this server. Their regular prices are much higher than what we got with this offer though.

• @vitobotta
    https://bero-host.de/aktion/xmas
    you can renew for 8€ instead of 10€ for the next 3 hours

Thanked by 1sipe
  • @gbzret4d said:
    @vitobotta
    https://bero-host.de/aktion/xmas
    you can renew for 8€ instead of 10€ for the next 3 hours

This keeps getting better, thanks for letting me know! :D I extended for a year now. Also support replied saying that I can extend storage by 300GB for 7e/mo. I love this provider :)

Thanked by 1maverick
  • Andreas from Bero Host matched the same 20% on the additional NVME storage! So now the additional 300GB will be just 5.60e/mo! Love it :D

The new specs of my server will be:

• 8 EPYC cores
    • 24 GB of RAM
    • 720 GB of NVME storage
    • 25 TB traffic

for just 13.60e/mo. This is by far the best I have ever had so far with any provider!

• Storage increased already, I only had to resize the partition with the commands he gave me. All good with no downtime :)

• @vitobotta you should ask them for 1 week Grand opening sale on LET