Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good offer? 8c epyc, 24gb, 420gb ssd - 10€ recurring - germany - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

good offer? 8c epyc, 24gb, 420gb ssd - 10€ recurring - germany

Comments

• @vitobotta said:
    Hey guys, how has it been for you so far? My server is working great! Performance is pretty good (it's an upgrade from the GreenCloud VPS that was hosting the same apps) and so far no problems at all apart from the initial problems with the control panel. So far I am happy that I didn't cancel and decided to give it a try.

Steal time has increased a little bit (1-3%)

Ping spikes once in an hour (instead 10- 15 ms increased to 400 - 1000 ms)

But rock solid and fast.

• Mine is runnin smoth without any problems

• @snow2k said:

@vitobotta said:
    Hey guys, how has it been for you so far? My server is working great! Performance is pretty good (it's an upgrade from the GreenCloud VPS that was hosting the same apps) and so far no problems at all apart from the initial problems with the control panel. So far I am happy that I didn't cancel and decided to give it a try.

But rock solid and fast.

Will be interesting to see if that becomes a problem

• @snow2k said:

@vitobotta said:

But rock solid and fast.

Where are you located? I'm in Finland and the latency has been stable. Also 1-3% of CPU steal is fine, it doesn't actually affect performance much. And at this price it's very good.

• @vitobotta said:

@snow2k said:

@vitobotta said:

But rock solid and fast.

Where are you located? I'm in Finland and the latency has been stable. Also 1-3% of CPU steal is fine, it doesn't actually affect performance much. And at this price it's very good.

Germany FRA maincubes

Don't get me wrong - i am very satisfied for 10 bucks a month (actually 7,63 bucks)

• HarmonyHarmony Member
    edited November 2023

8 cores on a system that only has 24 (likely use HT too, so 48) for 10 euro sounds oversold

• @Harmony said:
    8 cores on a system that only has 24 (likely use HT too, so 48) for 10 euro sounds oversold

Of course, it is.

• @Harmony said:

Leave 4 cores for the host
    Remaining 20 x oversell factor of 12
    = 240
    That makes 30 VPS with 8 vCores

Game of Numbers

• Likely oversold but for me the steal is mostly at 0.x, sometimes it goes up to 3 but not often. Compared to Contabo where steal can reach ridiculous numbers, this is a miracle :D

• @vitobotta said:
    Likely oversold but for me the steal is mostly at 0.x, sometimes it goes up to 3 but not often. Compared to Contabo where steal can reach ridiculous numbers, this is a miracle :D

That is “being on the right node” where you have quite neighbors

• @dev_vps said:

@vitobotta said:
    Likely oversold but for me the steal is mostly at 0.x, sometimes it goes up to 3 but not often. Compared to Contabo where steal can reach ridiculous numbers, this is a miracle :D

That is “being on the right node” where you have quite neighbors

It's possible. I hope it stays this way because what I am getting for 7 euros per month is incredible

• remyremy Member
    edited November 2023

@dev_vps said:

@Harmony said:

Leave 4 cores for the host
    Remaining 20 x oversell factor of 12
    = 240
    That makes 30 VPS with 8 vCores

Game of Numbers

Like any other VPS provider.
    The overselling factor may vary, but it's impossible to determine.
    Some providers specify the allocated dedicated CPU percentage. But...this is rare.
    Dedicated ressources = VDS

• @gbzret4d thanks by the way for starting the thread! I am glad you did.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • ah fuck, missed it

• @DeadlyChemist said:
    ah fuck, missed it

I talked to the provider and they will discuss if they will become a provider on LET so maybe we will read more from them in the future

• @gbzret4d said:

@DeadlyChemist said:
    ah fuck, missed it

I talked to the provider and they will discuss if they will become a provider on LET so maybe we will read more from them in the future

They would definitely do well on LET I think. I would like to see them here.

• @gbzret4d said:

@DeadlyChemist said:
    ah fuck, missed it

Will see
    I'll post my request few days before black friday

• @vitobotta said:

@gbzret4d said:

@DeadlyChemist said:
    ah fuck, missed it

I asked them and they told me they discussed it in their last meeting and will be present here in the future

• Nice, I would be happy to see them here. My server is rocking solid.

• @gbzret4d said:

@vitobotta said:

@gbzret4d said:

@DeadlyChemist said:
    ah fuck, missed it

I asked them and they told me they discussed it in their last meeting and will be present here in the future

Bf maybe
    Im posting my request in a week or so, probally less

• @vitobotta said:
    Nice, I would be happy to see them here. My server is rocking solid.

No downtimes and no cpu steal so far so im happy too

• @gbzret4d said:

@vitobotta said:
    Nice, I would be happy to see them here. My server is rocking solid.

No downtimes and no cpu steal so far so im happy too

Samere here re: cpu steal and performance is great. It's truly incredible for the price

• Hi, Where I can buy Windows 11 license for that VPS?
    There is a license that I can switching between servers when I need to change it?

• A month later, still going strong:

• 100% available
    • good networking
    • pretty fast NVMe, no distractions from neighbours noticed
    • as already commented, a very small CPU steal can be observed occassionaly (but it's 0 most of the time), absolutely nothing to worry about (definitely not oversold!)

Considering all that, and since there has been another opportunity where you could add funds with 35% credit, I decided to add more funds and switch this to a long term gig. In the meantime, received several reminders that service is going to expire (the first one about 2 weeks ago), but today I extended it for many months to come. It seems very well worth it.

To recapitulate:

• 8 x AMD EPYC 7443P core
    • 24 GB RAM
    • 450 GB NVMe storage
    • 1G networking, 25TB traffic

All that for 7.5€ / month?! Pretty damn good, if you ask me.

I never had to contact the support because everything is fully functional. But, the web page is in german, reminders are in german, and... I hope support speaks a little english, if that ever becomes important. :D

Finally, here's a fresh YABS from today. After everyone onboarded, it's of course a bit lower than initial ones were, but... it's still a beast... Thank you @gbzret4d once again for sharing information about this nice opportunity!

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## # # Yet-Another-Bench-Script # # v2023-11-24 # # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script # # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## # Tue Nov 28 18:21:19 CET 2023 Basic System Information: --------------------------------- Uptime : 24 days, 2 hours, 2 minutes Processor : AMD EPYC 7443P 24-Core Processor CPU cores : 8 @ 2844.656 MHz AES-NI : ✔ Enabled VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled RAM : 23.5 GiB Swap : 0.0 KiB Disk : 412.3 GiB Distro : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm) Kernel : 6.1.0-13-amd64 VM Type : KVM IPv4/IPv6 : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline IPv4 Network Information: --------------------------------- ISP : ROETH \u0026 BECK GbR ASN : AS44486 Oliver Horscht is trading as \SYNLINQ\ Host : Rene Roeth trading as ROETH \u0026 BECK GbR Location : Offenbach, Hesse (HE) Country : Germany fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/sda1): --------------------------------- Block Size | 4k (IOPS) | 64k (IOPS) ------ | --- ---- | ---- ---- Read | 149.02 MB/s (37.2k) | 994.60 MB/s (15.5k) Write | 149.41 MB/s (37.3k) | 999.83 MB/s (15.6k) Total | 298.44 MB/s (74.6k) | 1.99 GB/s (31.1k) | | Block Size | 512k (IOPS) | 1m (IOPS) ------ | --- ---- | ---- ---- Read | 2.22 GB/s (4.3k) | 1.62 GB/s (1.5k) Write | 2.34 GB/s (4.5k) | 1.73 GB/s (1.6k) Total | 4.56 GB/s (8.9k) | 3.36 GB/s (3.2k) iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4): --------------------------------- Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed | Ping ----- | ----- | ---- | ---- | ---- Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 867 Mbits/sec | 749 Mbits/sec | 13.7 ms Scaleway | Paris, FR (10G) | busy | busy | 12.4 ms NovoServe | North Holland, NL (40G) | 906 Mbits/sec | 927 Mbits/sec | 7.65 ms Uztelecom | Tashkent, UZ (10G) | 863 Mbits/sec | 298 Mbits/sec | 98.4 ms Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 819 Mbits/sec | 399 Mbits/sec | 82.7 ms Clouvider | Dallas, TX, US (10G) | 660 Mbits/sec | 91.4 Mbits/sec | 229 ms Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 602 Mbits/sec | 279 Mbits/sec | 141 ms Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test: --------------------------------- Test | Value | Single Core | 1303 Multi Core | 5938 Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/3762209 YABS completed in 10 min 34 sec
    Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • I'm extremely happy with mine too! No problems whatsoever and the performance is awesome. Today I got the notification that the server had been extended automatically so it's been one month already. This provider was a very pleasant discovery!

• maverickmaverick Member
    edited December 2023

https://bero-host.de/aktion/xmas

Falling snow decoration on the page is always a very bad idea. Chewing 30W on my desktop, that's about 20kWh extra if I leave the tab open during the month. Don't do that or you'll have Greta Thunberg at the doorstep. :wink:

Other than that... maybe there will be some nice little VPS offered. God knows I'm good 'til BF2024 with all the good stuff I bought this year :D, I'm just slightly curious what will be offered by Bero in this calendar.

• Question for those who have this VPS: have you noticed anything weird with uptime? I set up uptime monitoring with Uptime Kuma 3 days ago and there is a brief downtime every day between 2 and 4am UTC. I will check one more day and contact support if it happens again but was wondering if it's just me.

• There was some packet loss observed this night, around 4am, that lasted for about half an hour.

• @maverick said:
    There was some packet loss observed this night, around 4am, that lasted for about half an hour.

OK. Hope it's temporary. Otherwise the server is absolutely awesome