Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good offer? 8c epyc, 24gb, 420gb ssd - 10€ recurring - germany - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

good offer? 8c epyc, 24gb, 420gb ssd - 10€ recurring - germany

14567810»

Comments

• @vitobotta said:

@gbzret4d said:

@vitobotta said:

@gbzret4d said:

Why? No need anymore or unsatisfied?

I need to set up Prestashop and migrated to a dedicated server to remove the risk of downtime due to noisy neighbors and things like that.

Ok, so no problems so far, just to avoid possible problems in the future?

I did have some issues with a host and was migrated to another one, so that's why I prefer a dedicated server.

cpu steal?

• @gbzret4d said:

@vitobotta said:

@gbzret4d said:

@vitobotta said:

@gbzret4d said:

Why? No need anymore or unsatisfied?

I need to set up Prestashop and migrated to a dedicated server to remove the risk of downtime due to noisy neighbors and things like that.

Ok, so no problems so far, just to avoid possible problems in the future?

I did have some issues with a host and was migrated to another one, so that's why I prefer a dedicated server.

cpu steal?

No, that's been actually shockingly positive. I only saw a pick of 5% a couple of times when I was doing heavier stuff (encoding videos with Immich), but usually it's within 1-2%, most of the time just above 0. At least this is what I have seen since I bought it on Halloween.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • therawtheraw Member

from the shit, to shit.
    since early May until last night when server was 100% inaccessible due to node overload only and nothing heavy running inside my vm has been 40-90% cpu steal most of the time.
    made a ticket where cpu steal was visible clearly 75% support replied that i was using 100% cpu, while the resource usage screenshot was clearly showing me using 20% cpu.
    i cancelled both my servers with them.

this was a black friday deal not just a cheap vps and tbh i expected better which was better at the begin but looks like changed now.

• lukast__lukast__ Member
    edited June 16

Edit: wrong thread.

• @theraw said:
    from the shit, to shit.
    since early May until last night when server was 100% inaccessible due to node overload only and nothing heavy running inside my vm has been 40-90% cpu steal most of the time.
    made a ticket where cpu steal was visible clearly 75% support replied that i was using 100% cpu, while the resource usage screenshot was clearly showing me using 20% cpu.

this was a black friday deal not just a cheap vps and tbh i expected better which was better at the begin but looks like changed now.

Wow, sad to hear. This provider was pretty promising.

• gbzret4dgbzret4d Member

@vitobotta said:

@theraw said:
    from the shit, to shit.

i have both servers still there and no cpu steal (0,0% to 0,2%)

• therawtheraw Member

@vitobotta said:

yes not gonna lie its actually very good and stable, before May no issues and uptime is like 100% up, maybe something went south with the node where my vm is

Thanked by 1gbzret4d

@theraw said:

@vitobotta said:

yes not gonna lie its actually very good and stable, before May no issues and uptime is like 100% up, maybe something went south with the node where my vm is

You dont opened a ticket with them?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited June 16

@theraw said: made a ticket where cpu steal was visible clearly 75% support replied that i was using 100% cpu, while the resource usage screenshot was clearly showing me using 20% cpu.

--

@gbzret4d said: You dont opened a ticket with them?

Have you tried reading? :-D

edited June 16

@JabJab said:

@theraw said: made a ticket where cpu steal was visible clearly 75% support replied that i was using 100% cpu, while the resource usage screenshot was clearly showing me using 20% cpu.

--

@gbzret4d said: You dont opened a ticket with them?

Have you tried reading? :-D

ups ive overlooked that post

• faleddofaleddo Member

equilibrium

• @theraw said:
    from the shit, to shit.

Seem like you got some neighbour doing crypto mining shit , my node still work fine with no steal.
    Since you said May , it around time Equilibrium trending so it can be issue.
    If you still able to access or no important data , try reinstall new and see if still high steal then you can just complain support and they will look more into it instead of blaming you use 100%

YABS

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2024-06-09                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sun Jun 16 21:39:24 CEST 2024

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 174 days, 16 hours, 54 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7443P 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 6 @ 2844.656 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 23.5 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 293.2 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-16-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : Oliver Horscht is trading as \"SYNLINQ\"
    ASN        : AS44486 Oliver Horscht is trading as \"SYNLINQ\"
    Host       : Rubv6
    Location   : Frankfurt am Main, Hesse (HE)
    Country    : Germany

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/sda3):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 207.16 MB/s  (51.7k) | 2.14 GB/s    (33.5k)
    Write      | 207.70 MB/s  (51.9k) | 2.16 GB/s    (33.7k)
    Total      | 414.86 MB/s (103.7k) | 4.31 GB/s    (67.3k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 5.85 GB/s    (11.4k) | 3.24 GB/s     (3.1k)
    Write      | 6.16 GB/s    (12.0k) | 3.45 GB/s     (3.3k)
    Total      | 12.01 GB/s   (23.4k) | 6.70 GB/s     (6.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 785 Mbits/sec   | 853 Mbits/sec   | 11.7 ms        
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (100G)      | 801 Mbits/sec   | 918 Mbits/sec   | --             
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 707 Mbits/sec   | 348 Mbits/sec   | 90.8 ms        
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 278 Mbits/sec   | 587 Mbits/sec   | 310 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 570 Mbits/sec   | 279 Mbits/sec   | 149 ms         
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 422 Mbits/sec   | 897 Mbits/sec   | 81.8 ms        
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 353 Mbits/sec   | 277 Mbits/sec   | 169 ms         

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 881 Mbits/sec   | 970 Mbits/sec   | 11.6 ms        
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (100G)      | busy            | busy            | --             
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | 390 Mbits/sec   | 90.9 ms        
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 91.6 Mbits/sec  | 494 Mbits/sec   | 310 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 430 Mbits/sec   | 376 Mbits/sec   | 146 ms         
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 396 Mbits/sec   | 918 Mbits/sec   | 81.8 ms        
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 255 Mbits/sec   | 422 Mbits/sec   | 169 ms         

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1425                          
    Multi Core      | 5939                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/6544789

YABS completed in 12 min 48 sec
    View your YABS here https://yabsdb.com/yabs/CQtPOMhz

Thanked by 1theraw
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Its wired, the 8€/y migrated one is still fine.
    My New shiny 3€/m 6GB KVM since deployment has iowait and cpusteal like there is no tomorraw.

@Neoon said:
    Its wired, the 8€/y migrated one is still fine.
    My New shiny 3€/m 6GB KVM since deployment has iowait and cpusteal like there is no tomorraw.

i opened a ticket and got migrated. Since the migration no cpu steal.

• therawtheraw Member

@gbzret4d said:

@theraw said:

@vitobotta said:

You dont opened a ticket with them?

as a member of LET i feel obligated that first i should discuss with community.

jk. already had a ticket but reading their responses gave the impression that they weren't gonna do much to fix it, after i asked for cancel they offered migration.