Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedipath Closure of Business - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedipath Closure of Business

Comments

• @Fireboy said:
    Got this email as well, meanwhile they have a summer sale in their main page, trying to milk as much as possible.

Perhaps their sales team was also unaware that this could happen?

• fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider

@SparkedPaul said:
    LA

We have a half rack with DediPath, looking for immediate solutions

We can help with free migration from LA > SLC including transport and have immediate colo space available.

https://fiberstate.com/colocation/

Let us know if we can help!

• What is interesting for me is that they did not mention their New York and Los Angeles locations in the email notification. (I have a VPS from both locations).

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

The glee level is over 9

@titus said: What is interesting for me is that they did not mention their New York and Los Angeles locations in the email notification. (I have a VPS from both locations).

Maybe they didn't offer colo there.

Thanked by 1titus
  • PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

@titus said:
    What is interesting for me is that they did not mention their New York and Los Angeles locations in the email notification. (I have a VPS from both locations).

This was quite strange to me as well. I am quite sure both of those two locations are their largest locations. Maybe they are keeping those few locations? Or shutting down shop completely either way I wouldn't trust it after how things have been.

Thanked by 1titus
  • @titus said:
    What is interesting for me is that they did not mention their New York and Los Angeles locations in the email notification. (I have a VPS from both locations).

Go buy a lottery ticket immediately.

• prestongosdinLSNprestongosdinLSN Member, Patron Provider

Our experienced team has already provisioned hundreds of servers to assist numerous DediPath customers. Our service oriented team will blow you away. Get in touch with us on our live chat or email [email protected]. Migration and backup assistance available. Let us know what you need and where you need it and we'll make it happen.
    Preston Gosdin, LSN CEO

Thanked by 1abrahamj
  • @titus said:

But they did...
    Secaucus is New York
    Redondo Beach is Los Angeles

Thanked by 2titus Ed_Chd
  • Like vultures circling around a rotting cow. A feast is to be had.

Thanked by 1Void
  • @CheepCluck said:
    Like vultures circling around a rotting cow. A feast is to be had.

Wonder how many people are actually doing their due dilligence instead of making hasty decisions. Would hate to be the people jumping out of the pan in into the fire.

• @prestongosdinLSN said:
    Our experienced team has already provisioned hundreds of servers to assist numerous DediPath customers. Our service oriented team will blow you away. Get in touch with us on our live chat or email [email protected]. Migration and backup assistance available. Let us know what you need and where you need it and we'll make it happen.
    Preston Gosdin, LSN CEO

It’s nice to see providers trying to help users and other hosts affected by the DediPath crap, but this one feels like it is trying to just milk the customers. The account was created on the day of the incident and doesn’t even have a provider tag (but is still advertising hosting).

• SparkedPaulSparkedPaul Member, Patron Provider

the real question is, how long will it take to get hardware as a colo client, and when tf will the network be turned off

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited August 2023

@Protokolla said:

@prestongosdinLSN said:
    Preston Gosdin, LSN CEO

It’s nice to see providers trying to help users and other hosts affected by the DediPath crap, but this one feels like it is trying to just milk the customers. The account was created on the day of the incident and doesn’t even have a provider tag (but is still advertising hosting).

It feels more like a marketing email than it does an olive branch for sure. I mean to just say "Yeah, we're here!" instead of finding products in your inventory with similar specs/price and then offering up said servers would have at least shown at little effort being exerted. Just feels lazy and impersonal. Dude's the CEO, I'm sure there's a coffee bitch on staff that could have worked all of that and made it ready to paste here. Just seems like a little effort would have gone a long way. Well, not so long since LET will be looking for him to pay the piper before he posts any offers.

Thanked by 1Protokolla
  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

has anyone been able to contact them?

flexential

to release the dallas hardware?

• If anyone needs assistance migrating hardware on the West Coast - pm me, I’m over there in a few days for a week or so :)

Thanked by 2corbpie dedicados
  • @georgedatacenter said:
    has anyone been able to contact them?

flexential

to release the dallas hardware?

Just repeating what I've seen elsewhere:

Unless you're a direct customer of theirs - you don't even exist to them right now. I'd hope for the best - plan for the worst.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

@SparkedPaul said:
    the real question is, how long will it take to get hardware as a colo client, and when tf will the network be turned off

This will be quite a headache more than likely. Personally I would suggest reaching out to some providers in the area who offer colo and dedicated and see if they can help you out. Ideally giving a deal on a dedicated server to migrate anything important onto until you can get your server out.

A lot of the companies will not deal with you if you are not a direct client / customer. I am not sure what type of state DP was in but given the fact that there was less than 24 hours notice I would say they're not in a very good place with their provider either.

Best thing to do is get your data and serial numbers and hopefully you know where the system is racked up in so that if you can get ahold of the data center you have everything needed to ensure you can get your equipment back.

I would also open a ticket with DP and try to get any additional details if possible so that can help. Next steps after all of that if the data center doesn't work with you is try and get the police non emergency with all of your details and try to get your equipment back. Sometimes it can all go smoothly other times it's a real nightmare. We've had to deal with this in the past with a few customers when another company shut it's doors down. Hoping you have luck and it's a smooth time to get it back along with anyone else who has used them for colocation.

• GoodLeaf-CloudGoodLeaf-Cloud Member, Patron Provider

I have techs in Miami if you need help moving you hardware ($25/hr + gas)

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Greyhound said:

@HostEONS said:
    If anybody needs VPS in LA, NY, SaltLake, Miami, Dallas, Portland (Coming Soon) you can try us, we are one of the providers who proactively migrated out of DP before this mess happened and it was not a small migration, we are talking about 9000+ VM ... so we are going to stay in business :)

Coupon code: 30OFF to get flat 30% OFF on all VPS Packages on 1 year billing cycle + double BW + Free 10G Port upgrade

Can I order a LA vps and ask for moving to Portland when available?

Yes we can do that, but make sure to order the Ryzen VPS range, as initially we are starting with Ryzen VPS in Portland

• There's a lot of people with affiliate garbage in their signature. I guess most have (hopefully) already removed their Dedipath link if they had one

You could say that it's just affiliate program, doesn't mean anything, how could we know what goes on behind the scenes? Fair enough, what's the whole point of recommending a service if you actually don't know 💩

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@nbgames said:

Cheap!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@covent said:
    There's a lot of people with affiliate garbage in their signature. I guess most have (hopefully) already removed their Dedipath link if they had one

You could say that it's just affiliate program, doesn't mean anything, how could we know what goes on behind the scenes? Fair enough, what's the whole point of recommending a service if you actually don't know 💩

Mentally strong people only recommend providers they are currently/recently using and have good experience.

• @jonathanspw said:
    Got tons of available hardware (dedi and VPS) at KnownHost. Reach out to me or [email protected] and we'll look into price matches on a case-by-case basis.

Bring back $25 dedi deals please.

• Took few hours but finally moved my only vps left with them! o:) Good luck to those with dedis and colos, hope you get enough time to move.

• mkevinstevermkevinstever Member
    edited September 2023

That's pretty bad, I'm also a customer of dedipath, until end of this time, I didn't get any response with refund.

alert: If you have used any services about dedipath, please must be backup data before september 1 01:00 AM ( Texas Time)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@mkevinstever said:
    That's pretty bad, I'm also a customer of dedipath, until end of this time, I didn't get any response with refund.

alert: If you have used any services about dedipath, please must be backup data before september 1 01:00 AM ( Texas Time)

what money do you think there is left to refund with? whatever was left was likely flushed out for payroll.

Francisco

• jonathanspwjonathanspw Member, Host Rep

@Chalipa said:

@jonathanspw said:
    Got tons of available hardware (dedi and VPS) at KnownHost. Reach out to me or [email protected] and we'll look into price matches on a case-by-case basis.

Bring back $25 dedi deals please.

We'll probably run some for BF again this year if we're still stocked up, but they likely won't be posted here. Keep an eye on LES I guess.

Thanked by 2bakageta Chalipa
  • @Francisco said:

@mkevinstever said:

what money do you think there is left to refund with? whatever was left was likely flushed out for payroll.

Francisco

I just have four small application instances on dedipath, That's nothing for me.

By the way, before move to dedipath, I've trying to purchase buyvm, but system denied me. And I'm really glad see you here. XD

• @MrRadic said:

@nbgames said:

Cheap!

@Francisco said:

@mkevinstever said:

Francisco

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2023

@mkevinstever said:

I just have four small application instances on dedipath, That's nothing for me.

By the way, before move to dedipath, I've trying to purchase buyvm, but system denied me. And I'm really glad see you here. XD

If trying to sign up with @Francisco BuyVM make sure your payment details match your billing if paying with card. Same goes with us.

I see you are trying to get a VPS in Dallas.
    We have VPS here in Houston starting at $2.50 for Intel and $3.75 for Ryzen

https://my2.dataideas.com/store/intel-xeon-kvm-vps
    https://my2.dataideas.com/store/amd-ryzen-kvm-vps-shared-cpu