Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OFFICIAL R-A-I-N-D-O-G 20K THREAD -- $13.69 per year // GIVEAWAYS! // Once they're gone, that's it.. - Page 26
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OFFICIAL R-A-I-N-D-O-G 20K THREAD -- $13.69 per year // GIVEAWAYS! // Once they're gone, that's it..

Comments

• Good morning sirs, please MANGILLA-size my port. Order [3555544929]

• ttpttp Member

-71 available...that's gonna take a lot of backfilling :)

• THANKS @raindog308! HERES TO ANOTHER 20K 🤓

• @hotsnow said:
    @PieHasBeenEaten @crunchbits

does anyone noticed the disk IO performance drops drastically on node [47-DN-U11] now? it's always good before, but compared with the test results on several hours ago, now the 4k only have 1/2, the 64k/512k/1m only have 1/10, tested several times, the same results, may I ask if have some IO limitations applied now?

test before

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 232.24 MB/s  (58.0k) | 2.13 GB/s    (33.3k)
    Write      | 232.85 MB/s  (58.2k) | 2.14 GB/s    (33.4k)
    Total      | 465.10 MB/s (116.2k) | 4.27 GB/s    (66.8k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 2.00 GB/s     (3.9k) | 1.94 GB/s     (1.8k)
    Write      | 2.10 GB/s     (4.1k) | 2.07 GB/s     (2.0k)
    Total      | 4.11 GB/s     (8.0k) | 4.01 GB/s     (3.9k)

test now

Read       | 124.38 MB/s  (31.0k) | 245.64 MB/s   (3.8k)
    Write      | 124.71 MB/s  (31.1k) | 246.93 MB/s   (3.8k)
    Total      | 249.09 MB/s  (62.2k) | 492.57 MB/s   (7.6k)
               |                      |                     
    Read       | 234.62 MB/s    (458) | 231.52 MB/s    (226)
    Write      | 247.09 MB/s    (482) | 246.94 MB/s    (241)
    Total      | 481.71 MB/s    (940) | 478.47 MB/s    (467)

I ve got the same issue on dp u12, looks like a soft issue. hope they can remove the limitation.

• tuctuc Member

THANKS @raindog308! HERES TO ANOTHER 20K 🤓

• rjblrjbl Member

Good morning sirs, please MANGILLA-size my port. Order #4834

• "Crunchbits does not oversell its physical hardware, so you are allowed to fully use the resources you have paid for in your plan."
    Does this apply here? As in - are these 2 cores dedicated?

• bdlbdl Member
    edited August 2023

@crunchbits said: and make sure we give @raindog308 notification PTSD

bwahaah I only just realised every competition entry post here would add to @raindog308 's notification count :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Wow! It is Cool

• @tanks said:
    Wow! It is Cool

And you do not qualify...

Thanked by 1Marx
  • @szymonp said:
    "Crunchbits does not oversell its physical hardware, so you are allowed to fully use the resources you have paid for in your plan."

I think the CPU is still shared. The other stuff like RAM, disk, network, etc is all yours to use.

FIX MY VM!!! @raindog308

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited August 2023

@niranjan said:
    Why did I get 21 notifications from this thread????

Edit: nvm, I had accidentally clicked on the 🌟 .

+1. Just wanted to see if you'd go crazy after clicking the 🌟 and wonder how you're still getting notifications.

Thanked by 1cxg
  • gqqq77gqqq77 Member
    edited August 2023

@crunchbits said:

Availability Returns!

We've opened up orders again, but we're going to start off a little differently this time around to keep our promise here.

It's my VPS, and I need it NOW!

Here's how to get one:

1. Go to our website and register for an account if you don't already have one.
    2. Send a ticket to billing support with the following parameters:

Subject: Yearly 3GB VPS Order

1. That's it! If you followed those simple instructions, we'll mark the ticket as 'In Progress' and then you'll soon see your sweet shiny new VPS.

If the ticket just gets closed, it means instructions were not followed and you should come back here and double check where you may have gone wrong.

PS: You still need to post a Mangilla reply here to get your 1Gbps port even though we know you're a LET user. If I can't get my quality spam, then you can't get your 1Gbps port.

Ticket #WBY-208149 Thank you very much !

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited August 2023

@tamicrealo said:

@hotsnow said:
    @PieHasBeenEaten @crunchbits

does anyone noticed the disk IO performance drops drastically on node [47-DN-U11] now? it's always good before, but compared with the test results on several hours ago, now the 4k only have 1/2, the 64k/512k/1m only have 1/10, tested several times, the same results, may I ask if have some IO limitations applied now?

test before

Read       | 232.24 MB/s  (58.0k) | 2.13 GB/s    (33.3k)
    Write      | 232.85 MB/s  (58.2k) | 2.14 GB/s    (33.4k)
    Total      | 465.10 MB/s (116.2k) | 4.27 GB/s    (66.8k)
               |                      |
    Read       | 2.00 GB/s     (3.9k) | 1.94 GB/s     (1.8k)
    Write      | 2.10 GB/s     (4.1k) | 2.07 GB/s     (2.0k)
    Total      | 4.11 GB/s     (8.0k) | 4.01 GB/s     (3.9k)

test now

Read       | 124.38 MB/s  (31.0k) | 245.64 MB/s   (3.8k)
    Write      | 124.71 MB/s  (31.1k) | 246.93 MB/s   (3.8k)
    Total      | 249.09 MB/s  (62.2k) | 492.57 MB/s   (7.6k)
               |                      |                     
    Read       | 234.62 MB/s    (458) | 231.52 MB/s    (226)
    Write      | 247.09 MB/s    (482) | 246.94 MB/s    (241)
    Total      | 481.71 MB/s    (940) | 478.47 MB/s    (467)

I ve got the same issue on dp u12, looks like a soft issue. hope they can remove the limitation.

I got the ticket reply from them which said:

There no io limitation put in place. The node has more people on there. Please let things calm down over the next couple days and kindly keep track if is still running low update this ticket.

so it's weird, each time when I test, got the almost identical results, it's very stable, almost no much fluctuation :#

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@TheOnlyDK said: my order provisioning speed

@TheOnlyDK's VPS provisioning speed has been tested and confirmed! <3

Want a free VPS from crunchbits or from one of the other wonderful FreeVPS.org donors provisioned quickly by @TheOnlyDK?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181789/free-nat-kvms-courtesy-of-gthost-crunchbits-scaleblade-piehasbeeneaten-webhorizon-freevps-org

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@szymonp said:
    "Crunchbits does not oversell its physical hardware, so you are allowed to fully use the resources you have paid for in your plan."

CPU Usage

Appreciate the question @szymonp and I'll do my best to clarify: No the yearly plan is not dedicated, but yes you can actually use the 2 cores. This was a promotional/fun thing as a one-off special deal for @raindog308 20k.

Per the OP: Fair share CPU Usage (if the usage looks like abuse, we will suspend and contact you).

The standard operating procedure for this would look like:
    1. If you're a power user, and on a node with a lot of other power users, we'll quietly migrate you around to balance it out if the hypervisor looks a bit too busy for our ability to sleep comfortably at night.
    2. If you're using a lot more than your peers, continually, we'll contact you and give you a heads up if it's a problem.
    3. If you're non-responsive to that, we'll suspend you until we get a reply.

A safe number: no more than 25% load 95th on your 2 cores. At or under that, you'll never hear from us.
    Korean Demilitarized Zone: Somewhere in between 25% and 75%
    An unsafe number: 75%+

I don't want to sugarcoat it: these are not meant to compete with our existing product stack. It's older hardware, slower drives, less capacity, and will be busier nodes. Will that matter for anyone who isn't crypto-mining or running a million-dollar e-commerce website? No. But if you're closer to that end of the spectrum definitely look at our higher end stuff.

Disk Speed

Yes, we're aware. We limited it temporarily while doing maintenance so everyone running yabs on loop wasn't getting in the way of busy admins :D

@hotsnow said:
    so it's weird, each time when I test, got the almost identical results, it's very stable, almost no much fluctuation :#

At the time there wasn't, but we instituted it after running into issues while troubleshooting and doing emergency maintenance. There was definitely some lag from me on updating support after starting the limiting. It will be lifted after we're confident everything is good to go.

Stability Update

I'm hesitant to jump the gun here. A fix was applied at approximately 1430 PST that should have fixed the stability for everyone. I wanted to monitor this for at least 6 hours before saying anything, but I want to balance that out with keeping everyone here informed so you know lots of active work going on, progress is being made.

Once I am positive the quality and stability are where they need to be, we'll go back through and adjust all billing dates for previously deployed Yearly plans to line up with the new date. You don't need to open a ticket or ask us, we'll do it after the fact to compensate for the crap time.

Pending Deployments

You're still all good to go. We're just holding off invoicing and pushing you onto new hypervisors until making sure existing VMs are solid.

• @crunchbits said:

@szymonp said:

CPU Usage

Appreciate the question @szymonp and I'll do my best to clarify: No the yearly plan is not dedicated, but yes you can actually use the 2 cores. This was a promotional/fun thing as a one-off special deal for @raindog308 20k.

Per the OP: Fair share CPU Usage (if the usage looks like abuse, we will suspend and contact you).

The standard operating procedure for this would look like:
    1. If you're a power user, and on a node with a lot of other power users, we'll quietly migrate you around to balance it out if the hypervisor looks a bit too busy for our ability to sleep comfortably at night.
    2. If you're using a lot more than your peers, continually, we'll contact you and give you a heads up if it's a problem.
    3. If you're non-responsive to that, we'll suspend you until we get a reply.

A safe number: no more than 25% load 95th on your 2 cores. At or under that, you'll never hear from us.
    Korean Demilitarized Zone: Somewhere in between 25% and 75%
    An unsafe number: 75%+

I don't want to sugarcoat it: these are not meant to compete with our existing product stack. It's older hardware, slower drives, less capacity, and will be busier nodes. Will that matter for anyone who isn't crypto-mining or running a million-dollar e-commerce website? No. But if you're closer to that end of the spectrum definitely look at our higher end stuff.

Disk Speed

Yes, we're aware. We limited it temporarily while doing maintenance so everyone running yabs on loop wasn't getting in the way of busy admins :D

@hotsnow said:

At the time there wasn't, but we instituted it after running into issues while troubleshooting and doing emergency maintenance. There was definitely some lag from me on updating support after starting the limiting. It will be lifted after we're confident everything is good to go.

Stability Update

I'm hesitant to jump the gun here. A fix was applied at approximately 1430 PST that should have fixed the stability for everyone. I wanted to monitor this for at least 6 hours before saying anything, but I want to balance that out with keeping everyone here informed so you know lots of active work going on, progress is being made.

Once I am positive the quality and stability are where they need to be, we'll go back through and adjust all billing dates for previously deployed Yearly plans to line up with the new date. You don't need to open a ticket or ask us, we'll do it after the fact to compensate for the crap time.

Pending Deployments

You're still all good to go. We're just holding off invoicing and pushing you onto new hypervisors until making sure existing VMs are solid.

It does seem to not go down anymore according to HetrixTools so it seems to be working fine

Could you please tell me where may I find the order ID for the port upgrade?

• @crunchbits, Pending Deployments will be in WA or ID ?

• @crunchbits said:

Disk Speed

thanks for the updates, great work :p <3

• @crunchbits said:

Stability Update

I'm hesitant to jump the gun here. A fix was applied at approximately 1430 PST

1429: NOC has replaced faulty hamster wheel
    1430: Network operations restored

• @crunchbits said:

Availability Returns!

We've opened up orders again, but we're going to start off a little differently this time around to keep our promise here.

It's my VPS, and I need it NOW!

Here's how to get one:

1. Go to our website and register for an account if you don't already have one.
    2. Send a ticket to billing support with the following parameters:

Subject: Yearly 3GB VPS Order

1. That's it! If you followed those simple instructions, we'll mark the ticket as 'In Progress' and then you'll soon see your sweet shiny new VPS.

If the ticket just gets closed, it means instructions were not followed and you should come back here and double check where you may have gone wrong.

PS: You still need to post a Mangilla reply here to get your 1Gbps port even though we know you're a LET user. If I can't get my quality spam, then you can't get your 1Gbps port.

Ticket #YEY-702982 please!

• @szymonp said:
    Could you please tell me where may I find the order ID for the port upgrade?

You should be able to find that in the "Order Confirmation" email they sent you. You can find this email in the "email history" once you sign into the clientsarea.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • bdlbdl Member

@crunchbits can you please cancel those services of people who post ticket numbers in this thread? B)

• @crunchbits

Not sure if this has been mentioned but your looking glass is behind CloudFlare. Meaning traces to lg-cda.crunchbits.com are misleading, and the download links will represent CloudFlare's speed, not yours.

• Ticket #LZN-593285 Thank you very much !

• @szymonp said:

It is obviously impossible to give us a dedicated core for $13, which is not in line with the law of value, and we don't want to see the boss lose money in business, we only hope that we can get the maximum value of $13

• @HackedServer said:
    @crunchbits

Not sure if this has been mentioned but your looking glass is behind CloudFlare. Meaning traces to lg-cda.crunchbits.com are misleading, and the download links will represent CloudFlare's speed, not yours.

this is a serious mistake

• @bdl said:
    @crunchbits can you please cancel those services of people who post ticket numbers in this thread? B)

Hahaha, you can suggest that, but the boss can't