Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited April 2023 in General

Thanks to @default I found out just now that Ivacy Lifetime is currently discounted to 18$ on Stacksocial if you use code "IVACY5" on https://stacksocial.com/sales/ivacy-vpn-lifetime-subscription.

Code IVACY10 can be applied to the version with 10 simultaneous connections which will cost you 32$.

Ivacy has basically never been below 39,99$ on Stacksocial for a looong time and when you'd try to apply coupons it would always be exempted. So yeah, this is special :)
The 59,99$ version with Port Forwarding addon is unfortunately not on discount. Would've perhaps even grabbed that one :P

Ivacy is awesome and along with Keepsolid and Windscribe my favourite VPN.
Its' browser extension is pretty cool and unblocks many streaming channels. They also unblock around 6-7 flix libraries/regions iirc.

Speeds (manual or in-app) are decent but not the best and often enough e.g. FastestVPN or Keepsolid end up being faster. But if you want to unblock sites or streaming, Ivacy is great :)

Remember to contact support after 5 years to renew free of charge: For me, this will be the case in July. I'll keep you updated. So far, I've received various support replies on how this works (they don't seem to always agree). Some say, I have to contact them the day after it expired, some say 3 weeks before it expires, some say it will be automatically extended after expiry. I logged a ticket and saved the reply with it will automatically extended and will just see how things go lol. Afterall, I did contact and ask them.

Comments

• The discounted price back in December 2017 was $18 a year!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @qquccs said:
    The discounted price back in December 2017 was $18 a year!

Damn, it's been a while. Couldn't even remember when the last time was a discount code worked on Ivacy. For 18$, it's a steal.

• abtdwabtdw Member

Also, IVACY10 coupon code gets 10 simultaneous connections version for 32$

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @abtdw said:
    Also, IVACY10 coupon code gets 10 simultaneous connections version for 32$

Added to OP, thanks.

• Update: someone on the other forum stated that even this 18$ plan comes with 10 devices and port forwarding addon included.

• @Ympker said:
    Update: someone on the other forum stated that even this 18$ plan comes with 10 devices and port forwarding addon included.

Yes, that's correct! Thanks for this awesome deal!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited April 2023

Just heads up, Ivacy is owned by GZ Systems Limited(they also own Pure VPN).
    Pure VPN despite their "no logs policy" has given out connection logs to FBI in the past - https://torrentfreak.com/purevpn-logs-helped-fbi-net-alleged-cyberstalker-171009/
    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18923155
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/cyberstalker-thwarted-by-vpn-logs-gets-17-years-in-prison/
    https://www.pcmag.com/opinions/did-purevpn-cross-a-line-when-it-disclosed-user-information

Ironically, they were later on "audited" by the same entity that "audited" FastestVPN.

Both Pure VPN and Ivacy do sketchy shit with certificates in your systems - https://customer.appesteem.com/deceptors

• @lala_th said:

@Ympker said:
    Update: someone on the other forum stated that even this 18$ plan comes with 10 devices and port forwarding addon included.

Yes, that's correct! Thanks for this awesome deal!

I re-purchased for 18$ just to get prot forwarding haha. I asked them many times if I could pay the difference between the 40$ lifetime without pf and the 60$ with it but they said only yearly sub was possible. Now, I've finally got the pf addon and double the devices. Worth it. After 5 years paying 18€ once more doesn't feel so bad given the features.

@treesmokah said:
    Just heads up, Ivacy is owned by GZ Systems Limited(they also own Pure VPN).
    Pure VPN despite their "no logs policy" has given out connection logs to FBI in the past - https://torrentfreak.com/purevpn-logs-helped-fbi-net-alleged-cyberstalker-171009/
    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18923155
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/cyberstalker-thwarted-by-vpn-logs-gets-17-years-in-prison/
    https://www.pcmag.com/opinions/did-purevpn-cross-a-line-when-it-disclosed-user-information

Ironically, they were later on "audited" by the same entity that "audited" FastestVPN.

Both Pure VPN and Ivacy do sketchy shit with certificates in your systems - https://customer.appesteem.com/deceptors

Thanks for the heads-up. Yeah, the Purevpn thing has been known for a long time I guess and regarding the certs I also always get a Windows defender warning which kind of translates to that. I also linked them back to Purevpn via hostname a while back. Still, good to post for the people who didn't know yet.

Thanked by 1lala_th
  • IvacyVPN or Keepsolid?
    What is better @Ympker?
    Is it worth buying Ivacy when I have keepsolid?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I used PureVPN from the same company a few years ago. They also claimed to have a lifetime subscription and said I could renew it after five years. But about half a year ago, when my five-year term expired and I wanted to renew it for another five years, their customer service said that their definition of a lifetime was just five years and they did not let me renew it. After a lot of hassle, the platform’s customer service, which I think was also Stacksocial, replaced it with VPN Unlimited for me. I wonder if Ivacy VPN will have the same problem.
    @Ympker

@Ympker said:
    Thanks to @default I found out just now that Ivacy Lifetime is currently discounted to 18$ on Stacksocial if you use code "IVACY5" on https://stacksocial.com/sales/ivacy-vpn-lifetime-subscription.

Code IVACY10 can be applied to the version with 10 simultaneous connections which will cost you 32$.

Ivacy has basically never been below 39,99$ on Stacksocial for a looong time and when you'd try to apply coupons it would always be exempted. So yeah, this is special :)
    The 59,99$ version with Port Forwarding addon is unfortunately not on discount. Would've perhaps even grabbed that one :P

Ivacy is awesome and along with Keepsolid and Windscribe my favourite VPN.
    Its' browser extension is pretty cool and unblocks many streaming channels. They also unblock around 6-7 flix libraries/regions iirc.

Speeds (manual or in-app) are decent but not the best and often enough e.g. FastestVPN or Keepsolid end up being faster. But if you want to unblock sites or streaming, Ivacy is great :)

Remember to contact support after 5 years to renew free of charge: For me, this will be the case in July. I'll keep you updated. So far, I've received various support replies on how this works (they don't seem to always agree). Some say, I have to contact them the day after it expired, some say 3 weeks before it expires, some say it will be automatically extended after expiry. I logged a ticket and saved the reply with it will automatically extended and will just see how things go lol. Afterall, I did contact and ask them.

Thanked by 2Ympker the_doctor
  • @Hotmarer said:
    IvacyVPN or Keepsolid?
    What is better @Ympker?
    Is it worth buying Ivacy when I have keepsolid?

Basically what @jason5545 quoted.
    Both are great to have. Keepsolid as a solid overall choice and good speeds. Ivacy especially for unblocking streaming services, but also good allrounder.

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • jason5545jason5545 Member
    edited April 2023

@Ympker said: Remember to contact support after 5 years to renew free of charge: For me, this will be the case in July. I'll keep you updated. So far, I've received various support replies on how this works (they don't seem to always agree). Some say, I have to contact them the day after it expired, some say 3 weeks before it expires, some say it will be automatically extended after expiry. I logged a ticket and saved the reply with it will automatically extended and will just see how things go lol. Afterall, I did contact and ask them.

I just came from the customer representative regarding ivacy VPN, so basically, the lifetime plan is only a five years plan same as the last reply I got from purevpn, but at the beginning, the purevpn customer representative said yes it can be extended, and refused to do that after five years, at least this time they are honest at the beginning.
    Sadly, a lifetime plan isn't lifetime at all
    curious to see your ticket that says that it can be extended, any screenshots that you can share? so can keep it as a piece of evidence, so that when five years have passed, at least we have something that we can rely on, thanks. @Ympker

• @jason5545 - on Stacksocial website is clearly stated:

After 5 years, please reach out to [email protected] to renew your subscription free of charge

So now we have 2 different arguments opposing one another with proof.

Thanked by 2Ympker netomx
  • In my opinion, you can't go wrong for 18€. Ivancy and also goosevpn are more for end-users and less for professional users. with both providers you have to use their own software and can't use e.g. the native wireguard client or other alternative software because both providers don't offer config files.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@jason5545 said:

@Ympker said: Remember to contact support after 5 years to renew free of charge: For me, this will be the case in July. I'll keep you updated. So far, I've received various support replies on how this works (they don't seem to always agree). Some say, I have to contact them the day after it expired, some say 3 weeks before it expires, some say it will be automatically extended after expiry. I logged a ticket and saved the reply with it will automatically extended and will just see how things go lol. Afterall, I did contact and ask them.

I just came from the customer representative regarding ivacy VPN, so basically, the lifetime plan is only a five years plan same as the last reply I got from purevpn, but at the beginning, the purevpn customer representative said yes it can be extended, and refused to do that after five years, at least this time they are honest at the beginning.
    Sadly, a lifetime plan isn't lifetime at all
    curious to see your ticket that says that it can be extended, any screenshots that you can share? so can keep it as a piece of evidence, so that when five years have passed, at least we have something that we can rely on, thanks. @Ympker

My ticket is regarding the lifetime sold on Stacksocial which may have different conditions than the lifetime they sell on their website which is 5 years only. Stacksocial users, it is my understanding, can contact Ivacy support to renew free of charge. In July, when my old acc hits the 5 year mark, I'll be able to say more how it went. In one of the tickets they definitely said it would be renewed automatically after expiration. In other points of contact they said I had to contact them to renew. When referring to the Stacksocial lifetime deal (not the one on their website), they never said it wouldn't renew (at all). They just weren't conform on how it would renew. So maybe hop on livechat again and ask about Stacksocial deal referring to the 5 year renwal clause.

My ticket (which I also got as html email response) reads:

Dear Esteemed Customer,

Thank you for reaching out. We understand how you feel about the situation and we're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

We would like to inform you that your account will be extended for free once it'll expire. Your account will be extended on July 2023.

Feel free to contact for further assistance

Thanks and regards
    Aaron
    Ivacy Customer Success Team

Thanked by 2jason5545 nick_
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@hyperblast said:
    In my opinion, you can't go wrong for 18€. Ivancy and also goosevpn are more for end-users and less for professional users. with both providers you have to use their own software and can't use e.g. the native wireguard client or other alternative software because both providers don't offer config files.

I agree you can't go wrong with Ivacy for 18€. Goose depends how it will turn out but for that price.. both offer manual setup but not for Wireguard. E.g. both offer manual ovpn setup.
    Ivacy and Goose are definitely more for end-users and especially Ivacy is probably a very good replacement for someone who used NordVPN and other snakeoil before. Why sub for snakeoil if you can pay one-time :)

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @Ympker said: . So maybe hop on livechat again and ask about Stacksocial deal referring to the 5 year renwal clause.

according to them, this is it, I got transcript archived, let's see.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • does ivacy define lifetime simply as a period of 5 years? or where does it say that in the tech industry lifetime equates to 5 years? either way.... stacksocial has sold a lifetime account and it must be valid for life, otherwise it would be fraudulent misrepresentation.

• @hyperblast said:
    does ivacy define lifetime simply as a period of 5 years? or where does it say that in the tech industry lifetime equates to 5 years? either way.... stacksocial has sold a lifetime account and it must be valid for life, otherwise it would be fraudulent misrepresentation.

That's why on Stacksocial it says message support to renew. If this won't work you can probably claim money back from Stacksocial/rise issue.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

The main advantage of Ivacy compared to other cheap lifetime VPNs is that it actually reliably unblocks streaming services, at least for me. Otherwise, it’s quite slow.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

So, to understand, I already had bought the Ivacy lifetime plan. It is a 5 year plan and NOT a lifetime plan?

• @Arkas said:
    So, to understand, I already had bought the Ivacy lifetime plan. It is a 5 year plan and NOT a lifetime plan?

Unfortunately, yes.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • jason5545jason5545 Member
    edited April 2023

@Ympker said:

@hyperblast said:
    does ivacy define lifetime simply as a period of 5 years? or where does it say that in the tech industry lifetime equates to 5 years? either way.... stacksocial has sold a lifetime account and it must be valid for life, otherwise it would be fraudulent misrepresentation.

That's why on Stacksocial it says message support to renew. If this won't work you can probably claim money back from Stacksocial/rise issue.

Or they give replacement service, like I bought purevpn in 2017, slack social gave me VPN unlimited as a replacement when purevpn doesn't willing to do the lifetime plan for me. Which isn't ideal, VPN unlimited isn't feature rich as purevpn, but acceptable.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • But those new stacksocial Ivacy orders explicitely says "lifetime" subscription also inside Ivacy account. Unlike before (if I understood @Ympker correct) there's no indication that they require any intervention after 5 years.

Thanked by 2jason5545 Ympker
  • @Arkas said:

This remains to be seen. If you bought on Stacksocial, the deal description says to contact support after 5 years to renew free of charge.
    Whether or not that works, I'll find out in july as my account will be hitting that mark then.
    I've opened a ticket a while ago and they said I needn't worry, it'll be renewed for free and automatically after expiry (see quoted ticket answer above). Other people seem to have received different answers. I'll let everyone know in July. If they won't renew it, you could probably contact Stacksocial to request a (partial) refund, to remove Ivacy's offers from their store, or get otherwise redemption.
    It is worth noting that Ivacy also sells "lifetime" directly on their website, which they officially say only counts for 5 years (someone mentioned that), but then again Stacksocial is another product.

Thanked by 2jason5545 Arkas
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@jason5545 said:

@Ympker said:

@hyperblast said:

Or they give replacement service, like I bought purevpn in 2017, slack social gave me VPN unlimited as a replacement when purevpn doesn't willing to do the lifetime plan for me. Which isn't ideal, VPN unlimited isn't feature rich as purevpn, but acceptable.

At least they gave you something. And just speed/stability wise I'd prefer Keepsolid any time over Purevpn. But ofc you bought another product back then so.. it's not what you paid for.

@Mumbly said:
    But those new stacksocial Ivacy orders explicitely says "lifetime" subscription also inside Ivacy account. Unlike before (if I understood @Ympker correct) there's no indication that they require any intervention after 5 years.

Funny enough I just signed into mobile app and there under "account" an expiry date on 2028 is indicated (5 years). It remains to be seen what happens to my old account in July 2023.

It's worth saving the product description (with free renewal) on archive.org I guess.

I said this multiple times before though: If my lifetime deal from 2017 (which I paid 39.99$ for) really should end after 5 years, it's sad, it's not what I paid for, but it's considerably less than I would have paid with a subscription service with similar features. In other words, I'll be able to live with it. If my 18€ "lifetime" plan I purchased now gets cancelled in 5 years..you get it.
    It sucks, it's not as advertised if this would happen, but I won't have sleepless nights over it.

Thanked by 2jason5545 Mumbly
  • Noticed BulletVPN is $29.97 never seen that on sale before

Thanked by 1let_rocks
  • farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited April 2023

They just confirmed to me that this deal is really for lifetime. Support should be contacted every 5 years for extension (could be their way to shake off some accounts). No 30 days refund for this deal. Sounds fair enough.

• It shows $18.99 after the coupon, only for me?

• @borales said:
    It shows $18.99 after the coupon, only for me?

For me as well, using the code for 5 devices.