Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$ - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@umzak said:
    What configuration file did you use? I tried to use OpenVPN, but it always failed with an Authentication Failed error.

Can't remember exactly which one worked, but try the ones here (step 4) https://support.ivacy.com/setup_guide/how-to-configure-openvpn-for-ubuntu-22-04-with-ivacy-vpn/

But yeah, UDP failed to connect - but some of the TCP configs managed to connect.

Thanked by 1umzak
  • @umzak said:

@Harambe said: but the couple TCP ones I tried seem to work alright.

What configuration file did you use? I tried to use OpenVPN, but it always failed with an Authentication Failed error.

I got config file from here https://support.ivacy.com/vpnusecases/openvpn-files-windows-routers-ios-linux-and-mac/

If you use long password > 20 and lot of special character , you need change password to use it

Thanked by 1umzak
  • @Harambe said:
    Their documentation is shit when it comes to using OpenVPN configs. Say you want to run it on linux and it points you to the knowledge base.

Different guides have different download links for the config files, with varying upload dates. I tried to find the most recent but had issues using the UDP configs - but the couple TCP ones I tried seem to work alright.

You really get what you pay for...

You can download purevpn configs or use purevpn documentation.

Thanked by 2Ympker Harambe
  • umzakumzak Member

@kenjing789 said:

@umzak said:

@Harambe said: but the couple TCP ones I tried seem to work alright.

I got config file from here https://support.ivacy.com/vpnusecases/openvpn-files-windows-routers-ios-linux-and-mac/

If you use long password > 20 and lot of special character , you need change password to use it

Thanks. It works

• weaselweasel Member
    edited April 2023

@Hotmarer said:
    IvacyVPN or Keepsolid?
    What is better @Ympker?
    Is it worth buying Ivacy when I have keepsolid?

I would go with Keepsolid. I got the Ivacy lifetime deal for $40 a few months ago. Have been really unimpressed. A very buggy Android app, the macOS app doesn't support wireguard, they claim to have servers in China but they don't, and their protocols don't work in senstive countries (e.g. China). On top of that, their support isn't very helpful.

I'd swap my Ivacy lifetime account with someone's keepsolid any day of the week if somebody wants to trade 😆

I just got a free 1 month trial to test out the new Keep Solid (VPN Unlimited) app for macOS, and it 'just works'.

• @weasel said:

@Hotmarer said:
    IvacyVPN or Keepsolid?
    What is better @Ympker?

I would go with Keepsolid. I got the Ivacy lifetime deal for $40 a few months ago. Have been really unimpressed. A very buggy Android app, the macOS app doesn't support wireguard, they claim to have servers in China but they don't, and their protocols don't work in senstive countries (e.g. China). On top of that, their support isn't very helpful.

I'd swap my Ivacy lifetime account with someone's keepsolid any day of the week if somebody wants to trade 😆

I just got a free 1 month trial to test out the new Keep Solid (VPN Unlimited) app for macOS, and it 'just works'.

Keepsolid has solid in the name. They're just great. That said, Ivacy's mobile app (android) has been stable for me the past months. It used to be very buggy in the past, though.

• @Ympker said: Keepsolid has solid in the name.

Well, keepsolid is solid, fastestvpn is fastest, and so on ... I am just not sure about Mullvad - Swedish for mole :P

Thanked by 2default Ympker
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

@weasel said:

I would consider Ivacy better than Keepsolid, due to it's open ports feature, but this is just my opinion.

Regarding trade, hell no! A lifetime plan from Ivacy is actually just 5 years (due to their bad advertising and how Ivacy's support staff considers a lifetime as just 5 years). Nobody in their right mind would trade a lifetime at Keepsolid with a lifetime (5 years) at Ivacy. It is just simple mathematics.

Thanked by 2nick_ Ympker
  • @Mumbly said:

@Ympker said: Keepsolid has solid in the name.

Well, keepsolid is solid, fastestvpn is fastest, and so on ... I am just not sure about Mullvad - Swedish for mole :P

Now that's interesting :P

@default pf seems a nice feature, but a friend of mine reported that unfortunately it can't be used to torrent on servers that are not "optimised for torrent". In fact, he noticed servers not "optimised" have torrent traffic blocked (he wanted to torrent via Switzerland but traffic was blocked). Kind of a bummer, as e.g. Windscribe (and even FastestVPN iirc) don't put a limit on which servers you can torrent, albeit FastestVPN "recommends some servers for it iirc". Keepsolid only has 3 torrent locations iirc, but I haven't tested if other locations just outright block torrent traffic like Ivacy does.

• @Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:

@Ympker said: Keepsolid has solid in the name.

Now that's interesting :P

@default pf seems a nice feature, but a friend of mine reported that unfortunately it can't be used to torrent on servers that are not "optimised for torrent". In fact, he noticed servers not "optimised" have torrent traffic blocked (he wanted to torrent via Switzerland but traffic was blocked). Kind of a bummer, as e.g. Windscribe (and even FastestVPN iirc) don't put a limit on which servers you can torrent, albeit FastestVPN "recommends some servers for it iirc". Keepsolid only has 3 torrent locations iirc, but I haven't tested if other locations just outright block torrent traffic like Ivacy does.

On other locations KeepSolid is limiting torrent traffic.

@default said:

@weasel said:

I would consider Ivacy better than Keepsolid, due to it's open ports feature, but this is just my opinion.

Regarding trade, hell no! A lifetime plan from Ivacy is actually just 5 years (due to their bad advertising and how Ivacy's support staff considers a lifetime as just 5 years). Nobody in their right mind would trade a lifetime at Keepsolid with a lifetime (5 years) at Ivacy. It is just simple mathematics.

It is not true, they changed their policy and now they respect renewing that offer after 5 years.

@weasel said:

@Hotmarer said:
    IvacyVPN or Keepsolid?
    What is better @Ympker?

Yeah it is true that KeepSolid is better but as @default wrote, Ivacy have port forwarding and for me it is great because it cost only 18$. That PF is working great, we can forward all ports thats why we will always get private IP when that connection is online (so ports like 22, 80, and 44 are also working). As somebody on Reddit wrote that this type of PF have a lot of privacy problems because you will always get the same IP address (mostly) and this IP is not shared. Funny thing is that I always got clean IP (no reports on abuseipdb or iknowwhatyoudownload). I was trying torrenting in luxemburg and netherlands and speed was ok but probably I will still use keepsolid because I thing that they have better stability and also their servers for torrenting are better because a lot of users are using the same servers (with multiple outgoing ip addresses) so it will be harder to identify the specific person.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Hotmarer said:

Limiting as in e.g. "only 100 Mbit/s"? , or limiting as in torrent traffic is blocked?

• @Ympker said:

@Hotmarer said:

Limiting as in e.g. "only 100 Mbit/s"? , or limiting as in torrent traffic is blocked?

Only few mbits per second, but I was trying more than year ago so something can changed.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@Hotmarer said:

@Ympker said:

@Hotmarer said:

Only few mbits per second, but I was trying more than year ago so something can changed.

Ah, fair enough. I never torrent only direct stream/dl hence why I was asking (for a friend in this case). But I guess he'll give Ivacy torrent servers a try first.

Thanks!

Edit: just chatted with FastestVPN. They also only allow it on Torrent servers which seem to be Spain, Portugal, Finland and Germany (lol).
    I don't torrent myself, but if I did, I'd very much prefer locations like Switzerland, Russia, maybe Spain and the Netherlands. I'd definitely torrent from Germany lol.

• @Ympker said:

@Hotmarer said:

@Ympker said:

@Hotmarer said:

Ah, fair enough. I never torrent only direct stream/dl hence why I was asking (for a friend in this case). But I guess he'll give Ivacy torrent servers a try first.

Thanks!

Edit: just chatted with FastestVPN. They also only allow it on Torrent servers which seem to be Spain, Portugal, Finland and Germany (lol).
    I don't torrent myself, but if I did, I'd very much prefer locations like Switzerland, Russia, maybe Spain and the Netherlands. I'd definitely torrent from Germany lol.

Ivacy allow on Belgium, Chile, Denmark, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Russia, Sweden, Turkey servers so you have more "dmca friendly" countries.

• @treesmokah said: Pure VPN

purevpn hack few months ago a bit screwed me over, half my fault, but ye, staying away frrom that company
    (im too late anyways)

• @DeadlyChemist said:

@treesmokah said: Pure VPN

purevpn hack few months ago a bit screwed me over, half my fault, but ye, staying away frrom that company
    (im too late anyways)

Can you give more information, links etc?

• @Hotmarer said:

@Ympker said:

@Hotmarer said:

@Ympker said:

@Hotmarer said:

Thanks!

Ivacy allow on Belgium, Chile, Denmark, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Russia, Sweden, Turkey servers so you have more "dmca friendly" countries.

Plus the p2p servers from Purevpn if you can indeed use them too with Ivacy (never tried it, but ppl have been saying you can use their servers since Ivacy is reselling purevpn).

• @Hotmarer said:

It is not true, they changed their policy and now they respect renewing that offer after 5 years.

They changed their policy over the past month? Any link?

• @Hotmarer said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

@treesmokah said: Pure VPN

(im too late anyways)

Can you give more information, links etc?

they got hacked, i had same password and email on a website i dont really use, but it had some points/money on it (took me like 3 years to save lol) and some guy redemeed himself 10€ gift card with my points

asked support, had to spend hour on a phone cuz they blocked my account once i reported incudent

yes, i use password manager, and yes these accounts are really really old so never changed pass

not really sad or anything, just annoyed

• @Ympker said:

@Hotmarer said:

@Ympker said:

@Hotmarer said:

@Ympker said:

@Hotmarer said:

Thanks!

Plus the p2p servers from Purevpn if you can indeed use them too with Ivacy (never tried it, but ppl have been saying you can use their servers since Ivacy is reselling purevpn).

They are the same servers, Only hostname is different but servers are the same.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @default said:

@Hotmarer said:

They changed their policy over the past month? Any link?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3650446/#Comment_3650446
    Yes, also some people on Reddit had the same problem but now they renewed their accounts for another 5 years.

• HakimHakim Member

@Ympker said: Plus the p2p servers from Purevpn if you can indeed use them too with Ivacy (never tried it, but ppl have been saying you can use their servers since Ivacy is reselling purevpn).

Can confirm. I am using PureVPN's OpenVPN config files with PF enabled using Ivacy account.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Hotmarer said:

@Hakim said:

@Ympker said: Plus the p2p servers from Purevpn if you can indeed use them too with Ivacy (never tried it, but ppl have been saying you can use their servers since Ivacy is reselling purevpn).

Can confirm. I am using PureVPN's OpenVPN config files with PF enabled using Ivacy account.

Thank you guys! Any reason/advantage why you use PureVPN config over Ivacy? If it's the same servers, performance should be the same? Or are you using it for locations not available to Ivacy?

• HakimHakim Member

@Ympker said: Thank you guys! Any reason/advantage why you use PureVPN config over Ivacy? If it's the same servers, performance should be the same? Or are you using it for locations not available to Ivacy?

I tried the Ivacy configs but couldn't make the PF working. PureVPN's one worked in the first try!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Hakim said:

@Ympker said: Thank you guys! Any reason/advantage why you use PureVPN config over Ivacy? If it's the same servers, performance should be the same? Or are you using it for locations not available to Ivacy?

I tried the Ivacy configs but couldn't make the PF working. PureVPN's one worked in the first try!

Because you need to connect to special PF servers.

• @Ympker said:

@Hotmarer said:

@Hakim said:

Thank you guys! Any reason/advantage why you use PureVPN config over Ivacy? If it's the same servers, performance should be the same? Or are you using it for locations not available to Ivacy?

Everything is the same.

• HakimHakim Member

@Hotmarer said: Because you need to connect to special PF servers.

I tried like 3-4 locations which I was told by support that PF enabled on those locations. None worked for me, so I gave up.

• @Hakim said:

@Hotmarer said: Because you need to connect to special PF servers.

I tried like 3-4 locations which I was told by support that PF enabled on those locations. None worked for me, so I gave up.

Yeah because app is always using normal servers, that's why it is better to use purevpn configuration from https://support.purevpn.com/port-forwarding-addon-is-easy-to-use, but support changed something in my account and now from ivacy app i am always connecting to pr servers in given locations.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Hello,
    The discount is expired ?
    Thanks

• @foudre said:
    Hello,
    The discount is expired ?
    Thanks

and listing removed from Stacksocial.
    Not sure what the story is.