Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$ - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$

Comments

• I'd be alright paying 30 cents a month over 5 years, too bad the deal is gone.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@Mumbly said:

@jason5545 said:

@Mumbly said: They seems to care about trustpilot reviews so they will most likely try to bribe those who complain there with another 5-years extension.

Too bad I didn’t know that before. I would have done the same thing.

There's nothing preventing you to post legit review about your experience with Ivacy lifetime subscription.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ivacy.com

If my old lifetime in july won't get renewed I'll leave a respective review on Trustpilot, too.
    I still have a new account with 5 years from the 18$ sale, though.

Thanked by 3jason5545 nick_ default
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

@JoeMerit said:
    I'd be alright paying 30 cents a month over 5 years, too bad the deal is gone.

The offer is indeed good for 5 years. However this is more of a problem regarding the terms, because it was always advertised as lifetime instead of 5 years and this is what made people buy it.

If they changed lifetime to 5 years, now it is hard to trust them; maybe in a few more years they will calculate 5 years as 50 months or something. It is hard to trust Ivacy now.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

According to Ivacy, the average lifespan in a Western type nation is 16 lifetimes. I have been on LET for over 1.5 lifetimes. I feel old now.

Thanked by 3Ympker jason5545 mrTom
  • @Arkas said:
    According to Ivacy, the average lifespan in a Western type nation is 16 lifetimes. I have been on LET for over 1.5 lifetimes. I feel old now.

They don't even define this "lifetime" as 5 years in their ToS (also not for the lifetime they were selling on their website). So it is (obviously) just some arbitrary made-up number, really.

• I think that this port forwarding is just a error with product offer (the same as 10 devices when buying 5 devices). It is not working at all.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

@Ympker said:

@Arkas said:

They don't even define this "lifetime" as 5 years in their ToS (also not for the lifetime they were selling on their website). So it is (obviously) just some arbitrary made-up number, really.

This is what troubles me. It is basically a lie created by them as justification to advertise "lifetime" and gather money. At this point lifetime plans became a scam, since they are no longer lifetimes.

Thanked by 2jason5545 Ympker
  • @Hotmarer said:
    I think that this port forwarding is just a error with product offer (the same as 10 devices when buying 5 devices). It is not working at all.

• sixsix Member

@Ympker said: I still have a new account with 5 years from the 18$ sale, though.

Is the new (deleted) lifetime plan for $18 not actually lifetime? Account details on Ivacy says one time billing cycle with no due date. I'm under the impression that previous offers showed 5 years instead, but now nothing says anything about 5 years.

• @six said:

@Ympker said: I still have a new account with 5 years from the 18$ sale, though.

Is the new (deleted) lifetime plan for $18 not actually lifetime? Account details on Ivacy says one time billing cycle with no due date. I'm under the impression that previous offers showed 5 years instead, but now nothing says anything about 5 years.

The new lifetime plan should be really a lifetime plan. but still, it depends on ivacy.

• @jason5545 said:

@six said:

The new lifetime plan should be really a lifetime plan. but still, it depends on ivacy.

The 18$ one shows no next due date in Account Dashboard, but it does show a next due date in 2028 in the mobile application (Android). So guess it's down to luck again.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • the link is now dead

• @ankittulsian said:
    My lifetime premium expired last week and the support staff confirmed that this is the maximum they can offer on lifetime and I've to pay again for 5 years.

https://i.ibb.co/94VvSCP/Screenshot-20230415-001735-Chrome.jpg

Update: Ivacy upgraded my account for another 5 years and have mentioned in the ticket that I can extend it further in the future. I linked this thread in the ticket and raised a feedback on trust pilot. I think they know people are not happy with their 5 years = lifetime.

• @ankittulsian said:

@ankittulsian said:
    My lifetime premium expired last week and the support staff confirmed that this is the maximum they can offer on lifetime and I've to pay again for 5 years.

Update: Ivacy upgraded my account for another 5 years and have mentioned in the ticket that I can extend it further in the future. I linked this thread in the ticket and raised a feedback on trust pilot. I think they know people are not happy with their 5 years = lifetime.

Thank you for the update.

I believe the complete removal of Ivacy from Stacksocial is no coincidence. Ivacy really needs to get their things straight.

Thanked by 2jason5545 Ympker
  • @ankittulsian said:

@ankittulsian said:

I wonder why they just won't waive the expiration/renewal date and simply put "lifetime" like Fastestvpn or others.

Thanked by 1nick_
  • the deal can use 10 devices

• @jason5545 said:

@Hotmarer said:
    I think that this port forwarding is just a error with product offer (the same as 10 devices when buying 5 devices). It is not working at all.

Yeah but it is not working. "Normal VPN" like Mullvad give you random port on selected location because it is not possible to give every user all ports on all IP addresses in all locations. Ivacy give you options to open all ports or ports like 22, 80 or other port you want. So what happened if multiple users will open the same ports on ivacy? They will get another IP address?

I also cannot find any article or proof that this option is working at all!. On internet is only one post on Reddit with the same problem as ours (documentation is useless and when you open ports they are not working).

https://www.reddit.com/r/VPNAdvice/comments/vdvduz/ivacy_vpn_with_port_forwarding/

• @Ympker said:

@ankittulsian said:

@ankittulsian said:

I wonder why they just won't waive the expiration/renewal date and simply put "lifetime" like Fastestvpn or others.

Because they know that some people after that 5 years will buy this again.

• @Hotmarer said:

@Ympker said:

@ankittulsian said:

@ankittulsian said:

Fair enough. I only bought again since I was missing the pf addon, though. I can imagine many would also just stick to 1 "lifetime" plan.

• @Ympker said:

@Hotmarer said:

@Ympker said:

@ankittulsian said:

@ankittulsian said:

Fair enough. I only bought again since I was missing the pf addon, though. I can imagine many would also just stick to 1 "lifetime" plan.

Are you able to use PF add-on?
    I meant.... were you able to make it work?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@adwsislife said:

@Ympker said:

@Hotmarer said:

@Ympker said:

@ankittulsian said:

@ankittulsian said:

Are you able to use PF add-on?
    I meant.... were you able to make it work?

I was on vacation and I have no urgent need for it right now, just thought it might be nice to have to host some games for online multiplayer with friends :)
    Will try it some time.

• HotmarerHotmarer Member
    edited April 2023

Port forwarding is working. Just open ports on ivacy website and use purevpn documentation to connect. https://support.purevpn.com/port-forwarding-addon-is-easy-to-use

You need to use your ivacy password and user name (like ivacy0sXXXXXXX). I tested IKEV2, IPSec and openvpn tcp. Everything is working. You need to remember that only few locations have port forwarding and some of them have specific servers for that (like nl2-tcp-pf.ptoserver.com, "pf" in domain).

Thanked by 2Ympker Mumbly
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@adwsislife @Hotmarer

Thanks for contacting us.
    It is to inform you that following are the supported servers for Port Forwarding.

Netherlands
    Germany
    United Kingdom
    United States
    United States
    United States
    Belgium
    India
    Singapore
    France
    Canada
    Hong Kong (SAR)
    Japan
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Turkey
    Russia
    Malaysia
    Australia
    United Arab Emirates
    Italy

Feel free to contact us if you require more assistance.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @Ympker said:
    @adwsislife @Hotmarer

It is to inform you that following are the supported servers for Port Forwarding.

Netherlands
    Germany
    United Kingdom
    United States
    United States
    United States
    Belgium
    India
    Singapore
    France
    Canada
    Hong Kong (SAR)
    Japan
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Turkey
    Russia
    Malaysia
    Australia
    United Arab Emirates
    Italy

On purevpn documentation there is also list with server addresses to use.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Hotmarer said:

@Ympker said:
    @adwsislife @Hotmarer

Netherlands
    Germany
    United Kingdom
    United States
    United States
    United States
    Belgium
    India
    Singapore
    France
    Canada
    Hong Kong (SAR)
    Japan
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Turkey
    Russia
    Malaysia
    Australia
    United Arab Emirates
    Italy

Does it also work with the Ivacy Windows app?

• @Ympker said:

@Hotmarer said:

@Ympker said:
    @adwsislife @Hotmarer

Netherlands
    Germany
    United Kingdom
    United States
    United States
    United States
    Belgium
    India
    Singapore
    France
    Canada
    Hong Kong (SAR)
    Japan
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Turkey
    Russia
    Malaysia
    Australia
    United Arab Emirates
    Italy

Does it also work with the Ivacy Windows app?

Sometimes yes but mostly not (you need to change protocol from automatic for any other except wireguard), support changed something for my account on their side and it is working now but this app is very bugged, also flagged by M$ Defender as virus so using normal openvpn config is better idea (in my opinion).
    Why not using just purevpn configs with ivacy account? Also on purevpn website I think they have more vpn servers (https://www.purevpn.com/servers) and we can use our ivacy account to login to every server from that list :D

• easyeasy Member
    edited April 2023

Update: someone on the other forum stated that even this 18$ plan comes with 10 devices and port forwarding addon included.

So device and simultaneous connections is different?

Pay $18 and you get 10 device with 5 simultaneous connections only

• Looks like it's dead?

Anything close or comparable to this out there? Preferably with a browser extension

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Their documentation is shit when it comes to using OpenVPN configs. Say you want to run it on linux and it points you to the knowledge base.

Different guides have different download links for the config files, with varying upload dates. I tried to find the most recent but had issues using the UDP configs - but the couple TCP ones I tried seem to work alright.

You really get what you pay for...

• umzakumzak Member

@Harambe said: but the couple TCP ones I tried seem to work alright.

What configuration file did you use? I tried to use OpenVPN, but it always failed with an Authentication Failed error.

I got config file from here https://support.ivacy.com/vpnusecases/openvpn-files-windows-routers-ios-linux-and-mac/