Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$ - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$

123457»

Comments

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Hotpepper said:
    Anyone here with ivacy test the netherlands config for us? Mine has not been working for a few weeks now

Tested Netherlands from Ivacy app (Android). VPN connected successfully to Amsterdam, Voxility datacenter.

• Same here.
    Checked through the protocols. All work, besides wireguard, which seems to bee unavailable on all other servers too.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Apart from Windscribe anyone else aware of a Lifetime VPN that has Indonesia as a server?

• @CityBlues

VPNSecure.me but it cost 40$ on stacksocial, which is a bit to much for only openvpn.

Thanked by 1CityBlues
  • Sorry I should have said, can you please check the openvpn config udp and tcp one for netherlands, as me and one other person here suspect the openvpn configs for NL are outdated or non working.

• @default said:

@Hotpepper said:
    Anyone here with ivacy test the netherlands config for us? Mine has not been working for a few weeks now

Tested Netherlands from Ivacy app (Android). VPN connected successfully to Amsterdam, Voxility datacenter.

Yeah the app works fine for me too, however it appears the openvpn config for NL is non working. We have a suspicion the app is either falling back to a different protocol that works, or the app has the configuration to select a more up to date NL config.

As it stands, remote nl2-auto-udp.ptoserver.com does not work from the current purevpn configs

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Wireguard NL works for me (Android app).

• AnanchoretaAnanchoreta Member
    edited May 2023

It is down here too
    nl-ovpn-obf.dns2use.com
    From the ivavy side but it does time out, same with IP.

• Yeah most of the publicly advertised nl servers for purevpn/ivacy don't seem to be working, think they need to update them or fix it

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Ananchoreta said:
    @CityBlues

VPNSecure.me but it cost 40$ on stacksocial, which is a bit to much for only openvpn.

It also has some very bad reviews on Trustpilot.

• AnanchoretaAnanchoreta Member
    edited May 2023

It is up and running. But the great But: Its Openvpn Configs are outdated so it is a bit of a hassle to get them running. The Apps are outdated and leak IPV6. Theoretically the VPN is IPV6 enabled, which could be a selling point, but it does not seem to work correctly.
    Else the servers are up and running since years without longer down times, but it do not seem, that they have touched the servers since years.

Anyway: it has an up and running Indonesien server and is available as a lifetime - wich is 7.000 days.
    (wich is one Trust Pilot one Star reason, but is written clearly on Stacksocial.)
    So it meets the requirements, but no, especially for 40 $, I do not recommend to buy it.
    (Paid ~10$)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@default said:

@Ananchoreta said:
    @CityBlues

I was always under the impression it's sort of an abandoned ship tbh.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2023

@Ympker said:

@default said:

@Ananchoreta said:
    @CityBlues

I was always under the impression it's sort of an abandoned ship tbh.

I have the exact same impression. It is sad though, because if VPNSecure did not have such bad reviews regarding server removals from lifetimes, this would have been quite an interesting choice. It has browser extension for configuring any proxy, it has mobile apps and even Linux apps, it has some interesting locations (such as Indonesia), it offers manual OpenVPN config files, and according to terms their company is based in Australia since 2011 (yes, 2011, this is not a typo).

The potential was there, but sadly they had to resort to some shady business practice of limiting access and servers, which in turn has generated some very bad reviews. This is why I am highly hesitant in trying VPNSecure services. What would be the point in ordering a VPN service for some interesting locations which will afterwards be removed from your access? With such business practices, obviously, I can not recommend VPNSecure.

#LowEndDetectives

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @default said:
    mobile apps and even Linux apps, it has some interesting locations (such as Indonesia), it offers manual OpenVPN config files,

With Apps that are not developed since years. And just tested, I can't generate the openvpn configs in my account.

The potential was there, but sadly they had to resort to some shady business practice of limiting access and servers, which in turn has generated some very bad reviews. This is why I am highly hesitant in trying VPNSecure services. What would be the point in ordering a VPN service for some interesting locations which will afterwards be removed from your access? With such business practices, obviously, I can not recommend VPNSecure.

#LowEndDetectives

Yep. IPV6, Servers were more stable then that of eg fastestvpn. They had been responsive on tickets.

With Servers: they had some changes over the years. But no "remove after buy, or pay extra" I remember.

But anyway, it seems to go the way ra4wvpn has gone.

I mean pro: there config is not only user/password instead with private keys. But these use deprecated cryptography.

Outdated apps are worse then nothing if leaking.

Thanked by 1default
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Is iProVPN any good? They are running a lifetime offer for $40.
    https://iprovpn.com/
    It's based in the British Virgin Islands, so that's a plus, but I'm not sure If it has wireguard.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2023

@Arkas said:
    Is iProVPN any good? They are running a lifetime offer for $40.
    https://iprovpn.com/
    It's based in the British Virgin Islands, so that's a plus, but I'm not sure If it has wireguard.

They are reselling Ivacy or Fastestvpn (probably the later), so not really worth it if you have either imho

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/170294/iprovpn-lifetime-deal-34-on-stacksocial-short-review

Thanked by 1Arkas