Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$

Comments

• They really need to keep the Ponzi scheme going eh.

• @let_rocks said:

@borales said:
    It shows $18.99 after the coupon, only for me?

For me as well, using the code for 5 devices.

It showed me like 20 something. Not 18

• @ItsAsylum said:

Thanked by 3Ympker netomx Obelous
  • @ItsAsylum said:

@let_rocks said:

@borales said:

yes there is an extra fee I just looked at the amount at the cart page with the coupon code applied.

• @let_rocks said:

@ItsAsylum said:

@let_rocks said:

@borales said:

yes there is an extra fee I just looked at the amount at the cart page with the coupon code applied.

They call it Handling fee. $0.99. Was it there from the beginning or it's a bonus for some of us?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

@borales said:

@let_rocks said:

@ItsAsylum said:

@let_rocks said:

@borales said:

They call it Handling fee. $0.99. Was it there from the beginning or it's a bonus for some of us?

Everybody pays handling fee. Some countries also pay an additional tax (such as VAT), depending on the country where they reside or where their bank is from. This is how Stacksocial works.

• bought it at last, thanks for the info and the deals, and I archived everything just in case. :D

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @jason5545 said:
    bought it at last, thanks for the info and the deals, and I archived everything just in case. :D

Enjoy :)

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited April 2023

@farsighter said: They just confirmed to me that this deal is really for lifetime

No, they did not. They said 5 years, with the next 5 years free. That is 10 years. Where do you read lifetime there?

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited April 2023

@Arkas said: No, they did not.

Yes they did. He even asked if that's 10 years and they said it clearly:

No it's lifetime, you can renew for free after each 5 years.

After each means after every 5 years, right? 5 + 5 +5 +5 +5 ... that's not 10 years :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Arkas said:

@farsighter said: They just confirmed to me that this deal is really for lifetime

No, they did not. They said 5 years, with the next 5 years free. That is 10 years. Where do you read lifetime there?

They did. He was referring to this part where they are saying he can renew after each 5 years as @Mumbly said:

Thanked by 2Mumbly Arkas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Ok, thanks. I still have a couple of years left on mine, I hope it applies to older sales as well. Maybe I should buy another one of them just in case.

• @Arkas said:
    Ok, thanks. I still have a couple of years left on mine, I hope it applies to older sales as well. Maybe I should buy another one of them just in case.

I already bought another one, because it includes port forwarding and double the devices :)

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @Ympker you not checked out Bullet yet?! :p

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@CityBlues said:
    @Ympker you not checked out Bullet yet?! :p

Nah, doesn't sound that interesting tbh. It's also EU based like Goose, but also more expensive.

Thanked by 1CityBlues
  • @Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

Nah, doesn't sound that interesting tbh. It's also EU based like Goose, but also more expensive.

Based in Estonia which isn't bad. Out of Ivacy,VPN Unlimited and Bullet I find Bullet is the fastest. Comes with a SmartDNS too. I'm EU based so that could be why :)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@CityBlues said:

@Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

Based in Estonia which isn't bad. Out of Ivacy,VPN Unlimited and Bullet I find Bullet is the fastest. Comes with a SmartDNS too. I'm EU based so that could be why :)

I'm also EU based. Getting my max DSL speed with Goose (probably because servers are not under much load) actually and like 90% with Keepsolid, 70-80% with FastestVPN

Thanked by 1CityBlues
  • @Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

@Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

I'm also EU based. Getting my max DSL speed with Goose actually and like 90% with Keepsolid, 70-80% with FastestVPN

Ok you win! I think you might bite sub $20 :D I rate BulletVPN 2nd to Keepsolid on the current still existing lifetime deals....

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @CityBlues said:

@Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

@Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

I'm also EU based. Getting my max DSL speed with Goose actually and like 90% with Keepsolid, 70-80% with FastestVPN

Ok you win! I think you might bite sub $20 :D I rate BulletVPN 2nd to Keepsolid on the current still existing lifetime deals....

I've heard good and bad things about BulletVPN. Probably quite decent, but never felt like I need it now.

Thanked by 1CityBlues
  • I couldn't understand how port forwarding works on ivacy. Has anyone been able to confirm it's working? I couldn't find any logical explanation in their documentation.

I set a forwarding rule for port 3333 from my router and it works with my native ip but doesn’t work with the vpn. What exactly happens if I set port forwarding for 3333 on their page? Is any node I connect forward incoming 3333 traffic to my ip? What will happen if someone else is using that port on that node? I thought, I should be getting a reservation for this particular port at a specific node but it doesn't seem to be like that.

Sorry if it sounds illogical. I've never used a vpn with port forwarding before, but it seems to me that true port forwarding is not possible in this way.

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • @eXaline said:

I set a forwarding rule for port 3333 from my router and it works with my native ip but doesn’t work with the vpn

Generally if you're using a VPN client on your PC (as I guess) then VPN server actually becomes your router. Your PC will get a private IP in VPN network and the tunnel created actually byasses your home router NAT firewall. So port 3333 gets forwarded to port 3333 in the device where VPN client is running (and anything controlled by it), unless it's blocked there. Make sure you're getting it right.

Btw port 3333 was associated with malware in the past.

• @eXaline said:

I couldn't understand how port forwarding works on ivacy. Has anyone been able to confirm it's working? I couldn't find any logical explanation in their documentation.

I set a forwarding rule for port 3333 from my router and it works with my native ip but doesn’t work with the vpn. What exactly happens if I set port forwarding for 3333 on their page? Is any node I connect forward incoming 3333 traffic to my ip? What will happen if someone else is using that port on that node? I thought, I should be getting a reservation for this particular port at a specific node but it doesn't seem to be like that.

Sorry if it sounds illogical. I've never used a vpn with port forwarding before, but it seems to me that true port forwarding is not possible in this way.

Didn't try it yet and the knowledge base article is very limited. As far as I understand you need to open the ports on your Windows firewall too (according to instructions) and perhaps there are special servers for port forwarding. Probably best to just hop on live chat and ask. They're there 24/7 iirc

• Anyone tried gaming on this VPN? How's the latency?

• @daemonsyn said:
    Anyone tried gaming on this VPN? How's the latency?

I cant say on US EU server but on APAC its bad , i think they use virtual location than real one

• Hey guys,
    you may also check out topcashback , which have different VPN service cash back offer all the time. Currently, new customer of NordVPN will have 100% cashback for the 2 year plan.

Thanked by 2farsighter let_rocks
  • CabbageCabbage Member
    edited April 2023

Do they work well with Amazon Prime? While privacy of this company is questionable, but if they can get the "Travelling abroad?" removed as they claim, it might be worth it. Number of reviews saying that it doesn't work is a bit concerning, and a lot of them are from years ago.

@oldzhao said:
    Hey guys,
    you may also check out topcashback , which have different VPN service cash back offer all the time. Currently, new customer of NordVPN will have 100% cashback for the 2 year plan.

I always wondered about those services; what's the catch? They claim cashback up to 100% within 7 days, which is quite ambiguous. I can't pinpoint what might void cashback eligibility besides the ones listed on the website, and conditions in that list seems too lenient.

• rly doubt these low price VPNs would last...

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

@Cabbage said:
    Do they work well with Amazon Prime?

Ivacy works with Amazon Prime. There is a "Streaming" tab in the app, especially for this. I tried with normal servers and they work too. I just tried both with Windows app, and with Android app, and it works.

Please note I did not try to buy or rent a movie, but I highly guess it will work too if this is your thing.

While privacy of this company is questionable

Privacy is not questionable, anonymity is. Governments can find you with a simple court order for any investigation. Be a good person and act smart; try not to do any stupid stuff just to prove some sense of freedom.

If you are a journalist or a person who needs anonymity for protecting the world with disclosing highly confidential information, use Tor, or some other encrypted transmission (like a private IRC server without logs + connection with SSL + communicating messages encrypted through private/public keys).

Thanked by 3Mumbly nick_ Cabbage
  • @CityBlues said:
    Noticed BulletVPN is $29.97 never seen that on sale before

I don’t know if this is normal for Stacksocial but this sale ended like 7-8 hours ago according to the website. But I visit the page again and now it’s available for another 7 days. They can extend the sale of course or is this some sales tactic so people decide faster? I’m new to Stacksocial.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

@let_rocks said:

@CityBlues said:
    Noticed BulletVPN is $29.97 never seen that on sale before

I don’t know if this is normal for Stacksocial but this sale ended like 7-8 hours ago according to the website. But I visit the page again and now it’s available for another 7 days. They can extend the sale of course or is this some sales tactic so people decide faster? I’m new to Stacksocial.

The offers from Stacksocial are not always decided by Stacksocial. That offer is excluded from all coupons, so most likely it comes from BulletVPN directly.

I did a bit of search regarding BulletVPN, which can be found in this comment. Surely I might be wrong so everyone should decide for themselves.

Thanked by 1let_rocks