Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end for kubbur.com? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The end for kubbur.com?

Comments

• @emgh said:

@kjartan said:

@emgh said:

@kjartan said:

@Hotmarer said: as if someone knew that they were "closing the old company" and was preparing a new one to scam new customers again!

More like we managed to secure funding then.

You don't know the whole story based off of what people are throwing around in Discord servers or this thread, I'll happily have a call with you if you'd like to know the whole story of Northlayer.

So what you’re saying is you got money, as of now, but your clients are left with no money, as of now?

As of right now I am sitting here going through Stripe and pressing the "refund" button a whole lot of times. Our clients aren't getting left with "no money, as of now". Everything that's happened has been the result of a relatively small company trying to change hands quietly and it going the wrong way thanks to some badly done, or nonexistent, due diligence on the part of Leifur and some other people.
    All I ask is that you try to be somewhat respectful while I try to resolve this as best as I can in a way that is favourable for the customers.

Not to be rude, but when you’re the party taking the money, usually more is espected off of you than of me, a loser on LET.

How much respect, in your view, was customers data treated with?

I've said this several times. Kjartan didn't have anything to do with what Leifur did.

Seriously, did I type that all out for you to drag your knuckles across your keyboard anyways?

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • @JasperInari said:

@emgh said:

@kjartan said:

@emgh said:

@kjartan said:

@Hotmarer said: as if someone knew that they were "closing the old company" and was preparing a new one to scam new customers again!

You don't know the whole story based off of what people are throwing around in Discord servers or this thread, I'll happily have a call with you if you'd like to know the whole story of Northlayer.

So what you’re saying is you got money, as of now, but your clients are left with no money, as of now?

As of right now I am sitting here going through Stripe and pressing the "refund" button a whole lot of times. Our clients aren't getting left with "no money, as of now". Everything that's happened has been the result of a relatively small company trying to change hands quietly and it going the wrong way thanks to some badly done, or nonexistent, due diligence on the part of Leifur and some other people.
    All I ask is that you try to be somewhat respectful while I try to resolve this as best as I can in a way that is favourable for the customers.

Not to be rude, but when you’re the party taking the money, usually more is espected off of you than of me, a loser on LET.

I've said this several times. Kjartan didn't have anything to do with what Leifur did.

Seriously, did I type that all out for you to drag your knuckles across your keyboard anyways?

People here are mad mostly because their data got sold and less so because of the money I think. Nothing you say will appease them and what you guys think is good PR hasn't been working out so far. Ignore them for a while and they will just leave you and your new brand alone. Similar things have happened in the past and after a while most LET users forget.

• @MikePT said:

@wdmg said:
    I wonder if Ellis will ever return the >$800 he stole from me...

Waaa? He stole from you?

He owes a bunch of people money, it's not even a surprise anymore, this guy literally has either failed to refund or taken like 6 months to do it whilst always blaming someone else when the issue is him

• @JasperInari said:

@emgh said:

@kjartan said:

@emgh said:

@kjartan said:

What you fail to realize is that’s it’s a childish excuse. Everyone handeling managing the business will take public shit when it’s missmanaged.

Clients don’t care who did what.

Kjartan choose to partner up with Leifur, that shows trust between them two. If one party massively fucks up, leaving clients data with another entity, then they’ll both get shit.

Pointing fingers internally is a no-go for any good public PR. Anybody knows this.

How about my knuckles do whatever they want until every LET member on here who deserve a refund also get one, as well as an apology from KUBBUR about their data being treated like a product that could quickly be flipped for money?

• emghemgh Member
    edited October 2022

@NoComment said:

@JasperInari said:

@emgh said:

@kjartan said:

@emgh said:

@kjartan said:

People here are mad mostly because their data got sold and less so because of the money I think. Nothing you say will appease them and what you guys think is good PR hasn't been working out so far. Ignore them for a while and they will just leave you and your new brand alone. Similar things have happened in the past and after a while most LET users forget.

Forget in the sense that the drama wears off? For sure, we’re like goldfish.

Forget in the sense that they’ll ever be profitable when it comes to marketing their future endevours here? Takes YEARS.

Try to imagine HostMantis advertisting here now, it would be a shit show. And they didn’t even do what these guy did, they just highered prices (although by a huge amount).

So I guess the drama do wear off, but the memory does not, so I wouldn’t say ”forget”.

Also, my SEO tricked work. We’re #4 on Googling ”NorthLayer Review”. All other results seem to be about ”NordLayer”. Once Google recognize NorthLayer as a seperate entity, it’ll probably rise to the top.

Again, I myself would have no problem starting a venture and abrubtly shutting it off. I’d say a months notice is enough for the LET clientele.

However, I don’t think I would have gained such a bad response, I’d have:

1. Get a deal with another provider to take on my clients and their services (but only after a clients wish to proceed)
    2. Refund any clients not wishing to proceed (probably just all that didn’t request a transfer after like a month (no need to open claims or request a refund)
    3. Explain exactly why this happend and be 100 % clear that that pro-rata refunds will be issued and that those wanting to migrate

A good, nice-managed, closure itself, probaly won’t start any drama; at all.

If it did I’d be on the opposite side, asking people to calm the fuck down and give the prior host a break.

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited October 2022

@emgh said: Forget in the sense that the drama wears off? For sure, we’re like goldfish.

No, forget in the sense that most of the LET userbase forget or would never be in the know. I would think racknerd was involved in arguably the biggest drama ever on LET and yet racknerd seems to be the most popular host on LET right now. (Of course, I am not saying racknerd scammed people, just saying they were involved in the drama)

@emgh said: Try to imagine HostMantis advertisting here now, it would be a shit show. And they didn’t even do what these guy did, they just highered prices (although by a huge amount).

Let's say hostmantis did come back and offered crazy cheap pricing again for their apparently above average shared hosting. The first few threads, a few old LET members would complain and after a while people will give up and most LET users would never know about their price hikes.

My point is simple. The guys trying to do PR here aren't doing it right. Not implying anything or insulting anyone here.

• @NoComment agreed on their PR. Don’t agree about HostMantis being forgotten.

• @kjartan said:

Nah, after reading your discord server and watching recorded videos from conversations on your discord, I have already concluded everything.

• emghemgh Member
    edited October 2022

discord.gg/9Mb3CwPCyU :)

nvm you can't do anything on there as a new member since their verification system is down already

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

This should be 2022's drama of the year. I doubt if any other drama can top this up. Initially, I thought it'd be purple daddy's arrest/court-related drama but this one just topped it.

• Here's Kuxo's Discord (Ellis' company) - he's on about Path meetings and his grubby looking Macbook keyboard

discord.gg/YjQn56Am4w

Thanked by 1bluu
  • @BlaZe said:
    purple daddy's arrest/court-related drama

Who is purple daddy & what happened?

• @Offshore_Solutions said:

@BlaZe said:

You really do not know?

Thanked by 1lentro
  • @Offshore_Solutions said:

@BlaZe said:

Dustin from RackNerd is purple daddy

• emghemgh Member
    edited October 2022

"yeah but when uve got the number for both ceo of path and ceo of tempest, if you want something done, you get it done"

• Ellis, Discord

lmao

• @emgh said:
    "yeah but when uve got the number for both ceo of path and ceo of tempest, if you want something done, you get it done"

lmao

kill me now lmao

Thanked by 1emgh
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@emgh said:

• Ellis, Discord

lmao

Weak flex. Marshal is a pretty accessible guy, anyone can message him on Discord without issue.

Francisco

• @BlaZe said:
    This should be 2022's drama of the year. I doubt if any other drama can top this up. Initially, I thought it'd be purple daddy's arrest/court-related drama but this one just topped it.

Still too much time left in 2022 to make a definitive call. Remember our Christmas gift last year?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/176234/hostsolutions-hacked/p1

Thanked by 1typicalGtaTG
  • So, after reading all this, I'm still left wondering when will be we getting the 10Gbps unmetered VPS in London... :wink:

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@emgh said:

• Ellis, Discord

lmao

• @MikePT said:

@wdmg said:
    I wonder if Ellis will ever return the >$800 he stole from me...

Waaa? He stole from you?

@emgh said:

@JasperInari said:

@emgh said:

@kjartan said:

@emgh said:

@kjartan said:

What you fail to realize is that’s it’s a childish excuse. Everyone handeling managing the business will take public shit when it’s missmanaged.

Clients don’t care who did what.

Kjartan choose to partner up with Leifur, that shows trust between them two. If one party massively fucks up, leaving clients data with another entity, then they’ll both get shit.

Pointing fingers internally is a no-go for any good public PR. Anybody knows this.

How about my knuckles do whatever they want until every LET member on here who deserve a refund also get one, as well as an apology from KUBBUR about their data being treated like a product that could quickly be flipped for money?

Kjartan chose to work with a friend who could be trusted at first. That's the point you're missing. Stop acting like a jackass.

"Clients don't care who did what" then you're admittedly just not going to listen anyways? That comment right there shows a bias.

Nobody's pointing fingers. I don't work with Kubbur at all. I have no say in anything. In fact, Leifur tried to screw me as well. I don't even have an account registered with Kubbur. I'm telling you who's wrong in this scenario. You think this is some big game here. Doing things for PR? What are you? Some corporate big wig of an elaborate Ponzi scheme? That's not what I'm after. I've said several times, throughout several calls and in several messages, I want Leifur to take fault here, because it's him who fucked you guys over. Not Kjartan.

Again, please read the previous messages and listen back to the voice calls I've provided for you all to see and watch. Leifur himself has admitted that he was the one to blame here. But you're being hard-headed.

• @NoComment said:

@JasperInari said:

@emgh said:

@kjartan said:

@emgh said:

@kjartan said:

I 100% understand that. Again, for a third time now, I'm not involved in Kubbur at all. I'm not staff. I'm not PR. I'm not Support. I'm not a CEO.

But the point I'm trying to make very clear here is that Leifur is the one to blame for this. This is solely Leifur's fault.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Just published an interview with Ellis from Kuxo.

I sent questions a little after 4pm GMT and he replied an hour later.

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@raindog308 said:

I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't cover the multiple instances of theft from Kuxo. But, it's LEB after all.

• emghemgh Member
    edited October 2022

@JasperInari said: "Clients don't care who did what" then you're admittedly just not going to listen anyways? That comment right there shows a bias.

Wtf? That's not what I said.

Clients don't care about internal shit. Clients care about:
    1. Their money
    2. Their data

It's not that hard to grasp.

• @wdmg said:

@raindog308 said:

I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't cover the multiple instances of theft from Kuxo. But, it's LEB after all.

For sure is.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @wdmg said:

@raindog308 said:

Unlike the BBC (which many people here whine about), an interview published on LEB is not held to editorial standards requiring mandatory challenges on one party's statement on a matter.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@emgh said:

• Ellis, Discord

lmao

Weak flex. Marshal is a pretty accessible guy, anyone can message him on Discord without issue.

Francisco

Well, he's a minor and Path / Tempest like working with kids, so....

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • What would be a funny thing to run to see if unmetered really is unmetered?

• @sundaymouse said:

@wdmg said:

@raindog308 said:

Unlike the BBC (which many people here whine about), an interview published on LEB is not held to editorial standards requiring mandatory challenges on one party's statement on a matter.

That was never stated, @wdmg stated that he was disappointed, not that LEB broke the editorial standards.

This discussion has been closed.