Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end for kubbur.com? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The end for kubbur.com?

Comments

• In the DC he’s basically stimulated sexually by having two posts about him on LEB already.

He even posted a screenshot of the homescreen, commenting ”oh yes”.

• edited October 2022

@dustinc said:

@AXYZE said:

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@BlaZe said:
    purple daddy's arrest/court-related drama

Who is purple daddy & what happened?

Dustin from RackNerd is purple daddy

Hi, did you call?

Thanks @BlazeMuis for the link & I just read that thread. I've said this before but I think the whole AlphaRacks/Dustin incident was much ado about very little.

Putting the whole thing in perspective, @Dustinc did not kill anyone, abuse a child, nor commit assault. When he was young & dumb, he got carried away with a side-hustle. AlphaRacks was shut down outside of anything Dustin could do to stop it. Leaving his customers high & dry was the last thing he wanted to do. He went to court, paid his penalty to society, & deserves a 2nd chance.

@jbiloh is right to give everyone 2nd, 3rd, & 4th chances. Who among us hasn't screwed up sometime even if we haven't been caught in such dramatic fashion (the legal system in the US is too tough sometimes). The long-term success of RackNerd is proof he's matured and wants to do it right.

• @mikewazar said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@wdmg said:

Just yet another iteration of yet another Ellis scam.

I am operating the new "kubbur" not ellis thank you
    I am also hiring new staff memebers.

Bro you bought a dead brand and dead discord. You aint operating anything

It's not my first time and I've made the last dead brand I bought successful and it's still a running web hosting. So It's really not a challenge.

• @Offshore_Solutions said: Putting the whole thing in perspective, @Dustinc did not kill anyone, abuse a child, nor commit assault. When he was young & dumb, he got carried away with a side-hustle. AlphaRacks was shut down outside of anything Dustin could do to stop it. Leaving his customers high & dry was the last thing he wanted to do. He went to court, paid his penalty to society, & deserves a 2nd chance.

Wow, didn't dustin claim repeatedly that he had absolutely nothing to do with alpharacks and the 10 + companies that shut down within the same week? (And that he left quadranet on good terms?)

I haven't been checking on LET in a while and it seems the narrative has changed lol

• @hollowvi1 said:
    It's not my first time and I've made the last dead brand I bought successful and it's still a running web hosting. So It's really not a challenge.

I didn't realise you were a professional, you just sound super young in Discord. My bad

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2022

@Offshore_Solutions said:
    Thanks @BlazeMuis for the link & I just read that thread. I've said this before but I think the whole AlphaRacks/Dustin incident was much ado about very little.

Putting the whole thing in perspective, @Dustinc did not kill anyone, abuse a child, nor commit assault. When he was young & dumb, he got carried away with a side-hustle. AlphaRacks was shut down outside of anything Dustin could do to stop it. Leaving his customers high & dry was the last thing he wanted to do. He went to court, paid his penalty to society, & deserves a 2nd chance.

@jbiloh is right to give everyone 2nd, 3rd, & 4th chances. Who among us hasn't screwed up sometime even if we haven't been caught in such dramatic fashion (the legal system in the US is too tough sometimes). The long-term success of RackNerd is proof he's matured and wants to do it right.

uR bRanDWiRth haz bEEN dobaled

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@hollowvi1 said:

@mikewazar said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@wdmg said:

Just yet another iteration of yet another Ellis scam.

I am operating the new "kubbur" not ellis thank you
    I am also hiring new staff memebers.

Bro you bought a dead brand and dead discord. You aint operating anything

Woah, we got a registered badass over here.

Thanked by 3mikewazar emgh adly
  • I respect people who burn $10k on a dead brand just so they have the challenge of rebuilding it

They might not make the most sense business wise but you gotta respect wanting to play on hard difficulty from the get go

• @mikewazar said: you gotta respect wanting to play on hard difficulty

@hollowvi1 said: It's really not a challenge

• @emgh said:

@mikewazar said: you gotta respect wanting to play on hard difficulty

@hollowvi1 said: It's really not a challenge

That's just because he's a veteran. Can't compare us normal folk to these people. They put broken glass in their shoes just to level the playing field...

Thanked by 1emgh
  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR
    edited October 2022

@mikewazar said:
    I respect people who burn $10k on a dead brand just so they have the challenge of rebuilding it

I remain heavily doubtful those skids even had $10K to blow. Kubbur had no hardware, no IPs, and no assets as a whole except a website. Their VM panel was just a proxmox wrapper.

Ignoring the razer-thin margins they had on selling at Kubbur, I was the one who sold them a cab many months ago at Tempest/Path originally (it was to Jack at the time, cabinet had a 60 day ETA approximately at the time). There is no way they were making anywhere close to the cabinet costs, it was $3300/month plus $3300 setup fee. Jack had paid it originally then left Kubbur, got refunded, then it was on the Kubbur kids to pay for it… we all know how that worked out for them.

Disclosure: Former CEO @ Tempest

• @NoComment said:

@Offshore_Solutions said: Putting the whole thing in perspective, @Dustinc did not kill anyone, abuse a child, nor commit assault. When he was young & dumb, he got carried away with a side-hustle. AlphaRacks was shut down outside of anything Dustin could do to stop it. Leaving his customers high & dry was the last thing he wanted to do. He went to court, paid his penalty to society, & deserves a 2nd chance.

Wow, didn't dustin claim repeatedly that he had absolutely nothing to do with alpharacks and the 10 + companies that shut down within the same week? (And that he left quadranet on good terms?)

I haven't been checking on LET in a while and it seems the narrative has changed lol

Well he did say he didn't have anything to do with Alpharacks:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/qa-with-racknerd-ceo-dustin-b-cisneros-on-leading-learning-help-and-execution/#comment-1219755

Notice the date - May 27, 2020 @ 10:22 am

And then we get to this little gem here, right before his trial:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3405194/#Comment_3405194

Date - April 8th, 2022

Thanked by 2NoComment BlaZe
  • @wdmg said:

@mikewazar said:
    I respect people who burn $10k on a dead brand just so they have the challenge of rebuilding it

I remain heavily doubtful those skids even had $10K to blow. Kubbur had no hardware, no IPs, and no assets as a whole except a website. Their VM panel was just a proxmox wrapper.

Ignoring the razer-thin margins they had on selling at Kubbur, I was the one who sold them a cab many months ago at Tempest/Path originally (it was to Jack at the time, cabinet had a 60 day ETA approximately at the time). There is no way they were making anywhere close to the cabinet costs, it was $3300/month plus $3300 setup fee. Jack had paid it originally then left Kubbur, got refunded, then it was on the Kubbur kids to pay for it… we all know how that worked out for them.

You're on the money. Literally.

Kubbur had an incident earlier this year with Ellis/Kuxo. Not entirely sure but I recall the issue revolving around a node/critical infra not arriving on time leaving Kubbur without cashflow from sign-ups they we're counting on; so Ellis got involved by "investing" into Kubbur but it turned into a shit show and Ellis left the server, Kubbur was offline for a while and came back after some shitshow between them and Path over a bill not paid (why it was not paid was never made clear)

So definitely not the first time Kubbur showed poor financial management.

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR
    edited October 2022

@mikewazar said:

@wdmg said:

@mikewazar said:

You're on the money. Literally.

Kubbur had an incident earlier this year with Ellis/Kuxo. Not entirely sure but I recall the issue revolving around a node/critical infra not arriving on time leaving Kubbur without cashflow from sign-ups they we're counting on; so Ellis got involved by "investing" into Kubbur but it turned into a shit show and Ellis left the server, Kubbur was offline for a while and came back after some shitshow between them and Path over a bill not paid (why it was not paid was never made clear)

So definitely not the first time Kubbur showed poor financial management.

The bill was never paid because Ellis didn’t have the money to pay it, and their switchport access was subsequently disabled as a result of non-payment, then Parsa (who I begged not to help Kubbur out, citing how it’ll only go wrong) came in and bailed them out. A fun little bit more drama for you, after less than 1.5mo, Parsa got refunded (chargeback) by Tempest because not even he wants involvement with Kubbur as their investor, and Parsa has a sizeable amount of cash to support them if he wanted to.

Thanked by 3mikewazar emgh adly
  • WOW @wdmg Thanks for that! It actually explains a lot of what we saw earlier this year...

Thanked by 1wdmg
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited October 2022

@NobodyInteresting said: And then we get to this little gem here, right before his trial:

Date - April 8th, 2022

That's interesting. He denied being involved with alpharacks lots of times and definitely said he left quadranet on good terms. I guess he got served court papers before making that comment there.

Also, the scam wasn't only alpharacks. It was an entire network of 10+ companies selling nearly the same products which all disappeared the same week.

@wdmg said:

@mikewazar said:

I personally think the endgame was to package the whole company nicely and seek angel investors or something (which didn't work out)

• @NoComment said:

@NobodyInteresting said: And then we get to this little gem here, right before his trial:

Date - April 8th, 2022

That's interesting. He denied being involved with alpharacks lots of times and definitely said he left quadranet on good terms. I guess he got served court papers before making that comment there.

Also, the scam wasn't only alpharacks. It was an entire network of 10+ companies selling nearly the same products which all disappeared the same week.

Remember that we don't know full story about it.

QuadraNet doesn't have greatest reputation either, we don't know how it all was handled internally.
    Dustin could either use servers without consent or.. maybe he had consent from someone from management (I don't know how QuadraNet was structured) to make more sales and he encouraged him to make own company and then rent servers to inflate numbers.

When rest of management saw these numbers they were happy, more "Dustin companies" came, but after they calculated numbers they found out that they rent for too low margin, then whole blame came to Dustin which signed all papers and bam deadpool.

I saw similar situation in e-commerce where one person was blamed for selling at low margins, but in reality he wanted to get rid of stock that he known wouldn't be able to sell next month because competitor was launching better product. One person from management agreed, but later he was blamed that he caused poor financial situation for company or some shit like this. That one person from management ofc told that they didnt agreed to selling at low margins.

Don't want to whitewash Dustin here, just telling that truth can be complicated. More complicated that we ever saw or are able to imagine. Whole drama with court was postponed, there needs to be more to story than just "Dustin bad" :) they both agreed to move it to November... both... :)

Thanked by 1ralf
  • Guys... that's "The end for kubbur.com" thead ;-) Let's not dilute it with random inserts. There's dedicated alpharacks/dust... thread.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited October 2022

@Mumbly said:
    Guys... that's "The end for kubbur.com" thead ;-) Let's not dilute it with random inserts. There's dedicated alpharacks/dust... thread.

Which is comfortably sitting in hidden "Offtopic" section, whereas this topic is not... hmmm... interesting... :)

Ok, I'll stop derailing

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited October 2022

Yes, but why killing new drama with the old drama if we can have two dramas :P

• edited October 2022

I agree. Nothing new to be added to Dustin/Alpharacks issue as of now, so let focus on this drama for now :-)
    Kinda like "16 and pregnant", but its the LET version - "16 and scamming".

Thanked by 2Mumbly bulbasaur
  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@NoComment said:

Date - April 8th, 2022

@wdmg said:

@mikewazar said:

I personally think the endgame was to package the whole company nicely and seek angel investors or something (which didn't work out)

I don’t think they thought it through. They relied on a known scammer to attempt to obtain hardware, and that backfired. They then relied on Parsa but quickly “sold” Kubbur, fucking Parsa in the process.

I’d argue that the Kubbur kids are just changing aliases here, you won’t see any difference.

Kubbur’s ideal market is skids with stolen or SE’d cash, what did they expect would happen… seriously?

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited October 2022

@wdmg said: Kubbur’s ideal market is skids with stolen or SE’d cash, what did they expect would happen… seriously?

Do you mean they intended to lease servers to skids or that they intended to get investments from more skids? Whatever the case, they have done this a few times and they are already moving onto their next venture.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@NoComment said:

@wdmg said: Kubbur’s ideal market is skids with stolen or SE’d cash, what did they expect would happen… seriously?

Do you mean they intended to lease servers to skids or that they intended to get investments from more skids? Whatever the case, they have done this a few times and they are already moving onto their next venture.

I think it's more they were out for investments, and just so happened to 'get investments' from known skids.

I take it as desperation. They were running at a loss and needed to get out from some heavy costs (renting metal). They weren't having much luck with other investors, so they got offered an offer by king money bags.

They 'agreed', and then went ahead with signing contracts and all that before a dime was ever paid out.

Francisco

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR
    edited October 2022

@NoComment said:

Yes, both. The reality of this is they’re no better than the summerhosts that pop up here, and they’ll keep crashing and burning because they take on expenses larger than they can handle, then beg for bail outs. They want to play with Silicon Valley dollars with a shoestring financial cap. It won’t work.

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@Francisco said:

@NoComment said:

I think it's more they were out for investments, and just so happened to 'get investments' from known skids.

I take it as desperation. They were running at a loss and needed to get out from some heavy costs (renting metal). They weren't having much luck with other investors, so they got offered an offer by king money bags.

They 'agreed', and then went ahead with signing contracts and all that before a dime was ever paid out.

Francisco

Spot-on. They signed with DDCL in the UK for 50k+ 3yr deals, but no cash to pay it. I’ll have to dig up the screenshots later… what a mess.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

How do you pronounce Kubbur?

Koo - Ber ? (as in like Uber?)
    Cub - Ber ? (a lion's cub and ending with Ber from Uber?)

Koo - Boor?
    Cub - Boor?

• @BlaZe said:
    How do you pronounce Kubbur?

Koo - Ber ? (as in like Uber?)
    Cub - Ber ? (a lion's cub and ending with Ber from Uber?)

Koo - Boor?
    Cub - Boor?

Dead - Pool

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited October 2022

This isn’t where I parked my car.

Never have I seen this many LowEndCEOs in one thread.

Hm, sorry, carry on :smiley:

This discussion has been closed.