Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end for kubbur.com? - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The end for kubbur.com?

18910111214»

Comments

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@Francisco said:

@LeftR said:
    In other news, anyone checked www.kubbur.com today? Lovely message on the homepage.

So someone supposedly paid good money to buy the brand/etc... to rickroll??

Francisco

They had enough money to blow on a rickroll, but never paid the biloh bucks tax.

Thanked by 2fynix greentea
  • @Offshore_Solutions said:

@ralf said:
    Seems like Leifur 100 % planned for KUBBUR to fail, you don't invest in a second company when you're current one, with paying clients, is going bankrupt.

This thread is getting mean & unfair. Requesting that Moderators close it.

Leifur had barely started Kubbur at the time he incorporated Northlayer to be their Icelandic-only hosting company. No way there was a plan for Kubbur to fail & shift to Northlayer because they both started near the same time. In my Zoom meeting with Leifur over a year ago, he wanted/expected both ventures to succeed. He was hesitant to let Northlayer get going until Kubbur was firmly established.

He was an inexperienced 17 year old that tried his best. Good luck to any 17 year-old to have the connections, resources, and experience to make this work the first time.

There’s nothing unfair here. Leifur self sabotages all his hosts. He had 2 profitable hosts in the past one he sold the other shutdown.

• @plastik said:
    I have no idea about such things, can you actually own a company as a minor?

No it wasn’t me. Leifur actually pulled out of the brand acquisition deal with me. Therefore I returned all assets. His petty ass sent a DMCA claim to all my shit too. He claimed I never paid him but he’s in debt well over 1k euro with me over undeliverable services he never gave to me.

• This thread in a nutshell:

• @FatGrizzly said:

@Francisco said:

@LeftR said:
    In other news, anyone checked www.kubbur.com today? Lovely message on the homepage.

So someone supposedly paid good money to buy the brand/etc... to rickroll??

Francisco

I don't think Jen would've redirected to a rickroll, moreover it links to i.mythicalkitten.com... heavily suggests me that MythicalKitten did something to Kubbur(he probably got hired as a sysadmin, decided to fuck it up)

No it wasn’t me. I returned all assets back to leifur because his petty ass left the contract and wanted everything back and even sent DMCA claims to all my servers. He’s a bitch and scammed me for hundreds of euros

• edited October 2022

@FatGrizzly said:

@ralf said:
    Redirect to an external site. Guess they need to brush up on their GDPR compliance! :D

@mythicalkitten

Their domain was still claimable on railway / still pointed at railway so i decided to have some fun

and no i was never a sysadmin at kubbur

• @mythicalkitten said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@ralf said:
    Redirect to an external site. Guess they need to brush up on their GDPR compliance! :D

@mythicalkitten

Their domain was still claimable on railway / still pointed at railway so i decided to have some fun

and no i was never a sysadmin at kubbur

Legend.

• 0xOkami0xOkami Member
    edited October 2022

I forgot to mention that it's not the first time that @LeifurGunnarsson sold his company when it failed due to poor management and execution of plans. @LeifurGunnarsson used to have an company called "Heimsnet" which failed, then he tried to sell it to Hye Hosting and then gaslighted them into his own exitscam. He took all the money with him, and then started Kubbur. This is the same routine, it's happening again. The company failed, yet he is starting another one "which has nothing to do with the old one". I doubt @LeifurGunnarsson was paid 70K for his company, it'll be probably much less then they say. If it really was 70K+, why couldn't they afford the Path bill then?

This kid also calls himself a "online lawyer" since is a pro at copying Terms of Services from other companies.

While the 17 year old ellis is a pooron and sucker too, @LeifurGunnarsson definely knows what is doing.

Do not do any business, with neither one of those!

Edit: There's nothing much to say about the system administrators and staff at kubbur / heimsnet / northlayer. They always tried to do a great contribution to the company, like KIVOX and that proxmox guy. They do not deserve to be linked to this mess.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Wait, hye? The one selling on these forums?

Francisco

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    Wait, hye? The one selling on these forums?

Francisco

Yessir

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited October 2022

Wait a minute??

Leifur is now share holder of Kuxo? The company he sold kubber to? ;)

[email protected]
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/leifursteinng/?originalSubdomain=is

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • @jordynegen11 said:
    Wait a minute??

Leifur is now share holder of Kuxo? The company he sold kubber to? ;)

[email protected]
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/leifursteinng/?originalSubdomain=is

Shady af lmfao

• @HostSlick said:
    :D

Seriously, is this a fun or Drama thread?
    I keep browsing here and laughing.

We should call netflix to make a movie called "Kuxo".
    Basically 14 year olds running a hosting company. Would be fun i think

Bro the movie would probably make them profit more than anything else they have made in the past 5 years.

• kinda funny kubur in my language litteraly means grave

• emgemg Veteran

@labrax said:
    kinda funny kubur in my language litteraly means grave

We faced that problem when I was part of a startup. One of the first things we had to do was choose a company name. We needed a good, memorable name with an available domain. We checked names in as many languages as we could. Everyone participated. It was a diverse team, which helped a lot. Many candidate names were rejected because a suitable matching domain was not available or "it means something bad in another language." It was a long day, but worth the effort.

And no, I will not reveal the name we chose for our company.

• I think the joy of international languages is that there's so many of them, so everything sounds a bit like something rude in at least one other language.

• emgemg Veteran

@ralf said:
    I think the joy of international languages is that there's so many of them, so everything sounds a bit like something rude in at least one other language.

In the US, the FCC gets frequent obscenity complaints from Spanish language radio listeners. The problem is dialects. Casual and innocent slang terms in one Spanish-speaking country can be vulgar or offensive in another Spanish-speaking country.

The US has Spanish-speaking people from many countries around the world. Listeners hear a person on the radio say something that is innocent and innocuous in their own country. The same words are vulgar and offensive in the listeners' country(s), so the listeners complain.

• @LeifurGunnarsson said: Hi! This is Kjartan writing. I will do my best to reply to all of the posts here to hopefully shed some light on the issues that have surfaced here. I won't try to defend any actions as I definitely think mistakes have been made with how this whole ordeal has been handled. For now all I ask is that you keep Northlayer's discussion out of this conversation. There are much more people than just me and Leifur involved with that company and it would not be fair for the others if the company gets a bad rep over something we've done at a different venture.

So after you crashed a company you dont want people to discuss you got a new company?

• @Advin said:

@tomasduck said:

@MikePT said:

@wdmg said:
    I wonder if Ellis will ever return the >$800 he stole from me...

Waaa? He stole from you?

He owes a bunch of people money, it's not even a surprise anymore, this guy literally has either failed to refund or taken like 6 months to do it whilst always blaming someone else when the issue is him

lol, he was flexing bank account statements in the Kubbur Discord a few days ago

that is false
    https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13424493/filing-history

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@ralf said:
    I think the joy of international languages is that there's so many of them, so everything sounds a bit like something rude in at least one other language.

Honda (or maybe Kia, don't remember) once released a car named Honda Fitta.
    Fitta in Swedish means pussy...and no, not as in kitten. It did not make things better when they released it with the slogan "small on the outside, big on the inside".
    Within a few weeks they renamed it Honda Jazz or something like that, but it probably costed them a lot of millions. :smile:

• Holy necro

This discussion has been closed.