Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end for kubbur.com? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The end for kubbur.com?

Comments

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

From their discord:

@CustomerPlease use this forum that is made by leifur in order to get your refund back, I would like to apologize to their behalf on telling people to make chargebacks as it has negatively affected them

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSco7fXo4uVziFJlSL1dVQC9OJ4DWTAw27xGlFPXPqL4H9BSwA/viewform?usp=sf_link

• RIP

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2022

@emgh said: bunch of kids

"Senior Networking and Infrastructure Engineer": X
    "Founder and Accounts Lead (Director)": X
    https://kuxo.io/team#team

Not saying kids are bad (I started my first business as one - which I then sold & gracefully shut down well) but the addition of "Senior" just makes me cringe.

Thanked by 3emgh afn desperand
  • winter is coming

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@lentro said:

"Senior Networking and Infrastructure Engineer": XXX
    "Founder and Accounts Lead (Director)": XX

Not saying kids are bad (I started my first business as one - which I then sold & gracefully shut down well) but the addition of "Senior" just makes me cringe.

It's silly, just like 1 man hosts (hey, just like me) who call themselves CEO in their titles on stuff.

I honestly think it's best not to link their photos though even if it's posted online elsewhere, no matter who they are or how they've acted, peoples privacy should still be respected. The internet is forever after all.

Thanked by 1afn
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2022

@lentro said:

Senior is relative, has nothing to do with age, rather with experience.
    If you have a few years of experience in that field, some get already called senior.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@MikeA said: link their photos

Removed. Was on their own domain & linked on their about page so they could take it down any time but on second thought, I just linked their site instead :)

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • @Neoon said:

@lentro said:

Senior is relative, has nothing to do with age, rather with experience.
    If you have a few years of experience in that field, some get already called senior.

that's right. companies should really be hiring entry level positions with 2decades experience to boost competitiveness throughout.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@lentro said:

@MikeA said: link their photos

Removed. Was on their own domain & linked on their about page so they could take it down any time but on second thought, I just linked their site instead :)

I never looked at their sites, yeah, a bit rough there...

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@lentro said:

I think many in this Business start as kids

That's why I already feel like a very old men at age 27

Thanked by 1crilla
  • @FatGrizzly said:
    From their discord:

@CustomerPlease use this forum that is made by leifur in order to get your refund back, I would like to apologize to their behalf on telling people to make chargebacks as it has negatively affected them

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSco7fXo4uVziFJlSL1dVQC9OJ4DWTAw27xGlFPXPqL4H9BSwA/viewform?usp=sf_link

So they still aren't refunding PayPal payments? Still seems like a scam to me boss @LeifurGunnarsson

• @Advin said:
    10 Gbps shared at €5/GB with 5950X is definitely doable and they probably could've made a decent profit. Tempest/Path is known for giving bandwidth at insanely cheap prices (given how they have 10 Gbps dedicated servers for $80/mo) :)

The main issue, from what I can tell, is that they bought a full cabinet in London but they couldn't get the investment for more servers (or more servers were delayed) - so that cabinet basically went empty and they eventually went broke.

Honestly, now that Kubbur is gone, I might enter the 10 Gbps VPS market. I've looked into it before, but I decided not to at the time as I didn't want to compete with Kubbur/RawSRV. Since both are gone, I might re-consider it again.

Sounds like another recipe for disaster. Hinging your entire business plan on 1 supplier who at any time could go bust, or cease to advertise such limits (which only happens due to needing DDoS mitigation capacity) - your entire business plan has gone out the window. 10G is fine, I wouldn't recommend advertising Unmetered when there is no guarantee you can maintain that long term :)

• emghemgh Member
    edited October 2022

@Francisco said:

@emgh said:
    Imagine if @Francisco dumped all shared clients to hostgator and when a thread was opened asked everyone to not ever mention ”BuyVM” in the thread so that ”his actions dosen’t reflect on his reputation, please.”

See, I think people would be fine with a buyout if Kubbur actually researched the new owner. The new owner acts like a complete child, and maybe they are one.

Still, do you want to host with someone that has a massive chip on their shoulder and has to brag about a few thousand dollars they have in the bank? He posted literal screenshots of his bank account as a flex on people.

Everyone looks terrible in this.

Francisco

Maybe, but it’s hard to sell a company managed childishly to someone not a child.

• @lentro said:

Whatever people said quoting you is right, senior is about experience, you’re still very right.

Especially since they look so much younger than they probably are, one look 16-17 and the other like 13-14.

So senior looks silly.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@tester4 said:

@Advin said:
    10 Gbps shared at €5/GB with 5950X is definitely doable and they probably could've made a decent profit. Tempest/Path is known for giving bandwidth at insanely cheap prices (given how they have 10 Gbps dedicated servers for $80/mo) :)

The main issue, from what I can tell, is that they bought a full cabinet in London but they couldn't get the investment for more servers (or more servers were delayed) - so that cabinet basically went empty and they eventually went broke.

Honestly, now that Kubbur is gone, I might enter the 10 Gbps VPS market. I've looked into it before, but I decided not to at the time as I didn't want to compete with Kubbur/RawSRV. Since both are gone, I might re-consider it again.

Sounds like another recipe for disaster. Hinging your entire business plan on 1 supplier who at any time could go bust, or cease to advertise such limits (which only happens due to needing DDoS mitigation capacity) - your entire business plan has gone out the window. 10G is fine, I wouldn't recommend advertising Unmetered when there is no guarantee you can maintain that long term :)

Yeah, that's always true :) I'll still look into it, but it probably won't happen anytime soon.

• @FatGrizzly said:
    oh god, so kuxo is taking over kubbur?

@tomasduck can you confirm this?

yup lol

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • @mikewazar said: Furthermore, on a on-going basis, billing will be charged at a lower price than what KUBBUR has been charging, Kuxo will charge 3.50GBP per GB of ram, as opposed to 5 euro.

LMFAOOO how can they lower the pricing even more for 10 gbps unmetered :joy: How in the world are they going to afford an upgrade to 7950x XD

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@tmepy said:

@mikewazar said: Furthermore, on a on-going basis, billing will be charged at a lower price than what KUBBUR has been charging, Kuxo will charge 3.50GBP per GB of ram, as opposed to 5 euro.

LMFAOOO how can they lower the pricing even more for 10 gbps unmetered :joy: How in the world are they going to afford an upgrade to 7950x XD

anyhow there's going to be some compromise.

either of quality support or of uptime

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • @FatGrizzly said:

@tmepy said:

@mikewazar said: Furthermore, on a on-going basis, billing will be charged at a lower price than what KUBBUR has been charging, Kuxo will charge 3.50GBP per GB of ram, as opposed to 5 euro.

anyhow there's going to be some compromise.

either of quality support or of uptime

the compromise is the fact that Ellis owns it :#

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • Initially, I wasn't going to comment on this fiasco because I presumed everyone would simply go their separate ways. Leifur would calm down and run NorthLayer, Ellis could run Kuxo, KIVOX and Tim could do their own thing. Whatever.

Sadly, as some of you may know, Leifur and Ellis doesn't want it to be this way. They are harassing people around me and have been messaging them consistently since literally yesterday about this. And because I broke Leifur's fragile ego yesterday on call to the point he was stuttering over his own words and having a whole "panic attack" (as others have called it) and because Leifur tried screwing me as well, I have to hear about it. I'll break down the lore for you guys and provide actual answers to questions as I see fit. Don't hesitate to ask them, please.

To clarify, Kjartan has no involvement with this whatsoever. He was simply a CEO and a developer. It was Leifur's job that he willingly took on himself to find and "OK" investors. He was the financial advisor, which is funny considering he admittedly is bad with "numbers on the board" as he says. NorthLayer technically doesn't have anything to do with Kubbur. But even then, this is just odd. Considering we cannot just simply ignore the fact Leifur will just run this after Kubbur, and likely use some of the money he made from Kubbur to support this. But I guess NorthLayer doesn't have anything to do with that, yeah, whatever. I'll give that to Leifur.

To summarize, yes, Leifur sold your, Kubbur customers, data to Ellis (aka Nigh). Ellis had previously screwed Leifur and Kubbur admittedly. They have been oddly open about how often they screw each other yet remain good friends. Ellis was supposed to be one of the investors who would pay for some of the racks. He did not fulfill his legal obligations to do this, and instead charged back the payment at the last minute, which led to Kubbur being in over $10k debt.

Jen (aka Merch Guy in the Discord server) currently owns the branding to Kubbur. He almost paid $11k for a $10 domain, a Discord server with 600 members, and the "rights" to a stolen logo Kubbur uses, but fortunately, me and KIVOX knocked some sense into them.

I would advise all previous customers to chargeback their subscriptions with Kubbur. I personally would not want someone who admittedly scams his "friends" owning my data - of any sorts.

I'll provide some clips of this absolute sociopath's behavior in another comment.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@JasperInari said: It was Leifur's job that he willingly took on himself to find and "OK" investors.

People usually do that when they're starting out or to go climb some new mountain. Seems like "investors" here might be best translated as "another $10K we can burn through". I mean, whether the investors came through or not, if the core business model is broken, you're just buying time...

• JasperInariJasperInari Member
    edited October 2022

@raindog308 said:

@JasperInari said: It was Leifur's job that he willingly took on himself to find and "OK" investors.

People usually do that when they're starting out or to go climb some new mountain. Seems like "investors" here might be best translated as "another $10K we can burn through". I mean, whether the investors came through or not, if the core business model is broken, you're just buying time...

I really did not want to comment on this because it just wasn't worth it to me. I don't want to entertain childish behavior. Not only was I asked kindly by some of the same people Leifur has screwed over and tried to manipulate to not comment on this issue. But this guy is a genuinely depraved human being who should have no rights owning or operating any business. He's horrible at it. Throughout the day yesterday, he's done so much manipulating it's insane. He backpedals and just folds when he's wrong. He's not even good at being a narcissist. You can ask him a perfectly logical and rational question that make sense, and he'll just start fumbling over his own breath. He's so bad at this, it hurts. He genuinely has no backbone or spine whatsoever.

I would 100% not recommend anyone work with Leifur and Ellis. Kjartan is fine. Leifur is the one who took on the financial advisor role and brought in investors. Not Kjartan. Not KIVOX. Not Tim. No one other than Leifur appointed himself to do that. No one forced him to take on that responsibility, he willingly chose it.

Kubbur started as a legitimate company by a couple of friends who just wanted to make an honest living doing something they were passionate about. Now their reputations are possibly tarnished by one person's conniving tendencies. The other good members only fault here lies within the possibility they were probably a bit inexperienced and let someone like Leifur take on a role he had no right to be in. But who isn't inexperienced when it comes to new things? It's the principle here, not even the fact Leifur once again showed him incompetence and narcissism and just did what he wanted to do anyways, it's the fact they all really wanted to see a reality where something they worked really hard on takeoff. But instead, it all crashed and burned at the hands of one manipulative, and sociopathic, terrible person.

KIVOX and Kjartan are genuinely great people, and Tim is such a good and loyal guy. KIVOX saw this failing ages ago when Leifur started putting as much trust as he did in someone like Ellis/Nigh. KIVOX was blackballed by Leifur and his communities because he did not like the fact someone was speaking up to him and telling him he was wrong this time. Leifur tried so hard to make seem KIVOX seem much worse than what he really is, just a guy who's straightforward and direct. Why wouldn't he stick up for his other friends and call Leifur out for his wrongdoings and incompetence when they all worked so hard on this?

Thanked by 1dystopia
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2022

@JasperInari said:
    Initially, I wasn't going to comment on this fiasco because I presumed everyone would simply go their separate ways. Leifur would calm down and run NorthLayer, Ellis could run Kuxo, KIVOX and Tim could do their own thing. Whatever.

Sadly, as some of you may know, Leifur and Ellis doesn't want it to be this way. They are harassing people around me and have been messaging them consistently since literally yesterday about this. And because I broke Leifur's fragile ego yesterday on call to the point he was stuttering over his own words and having a whole "panic attack" (as others have called it) and because Leifur tried screwing me as well, I have to hear about it. I'll break down the lore for you guys and provide actual answers to questions as I see fit. Don't hesitate to ask them, please.

To clarify, Kjartan has no involvement with this whatsoever. He was simply a CEO and a developer. It was Leifur's job that he willingly took on himself to find and "OK" investors. He was the financial advisor, which is funny considering he admittedly is bad with "numbers on the board" as he says. NorthLayer technically doesn't have anything to do with Kubbur. But even then, this is just odd. Considering we cannot just simply ignore the fact Leifur will just run this after Kubbur, and likely use some of the money he made from Kubbur to support this. But I guess NorthLayer doesn't have anything to do with that, yeah, whatever. I'll give that to Leifur.

To summarize, yes, Leifur sold your, Kubbur customers, data to Ellis (aka Nigh). Ellis had previously screwed Leifur and Kubbur admittedly. They have been oddly open about how often they screw each other yet remain good friends. Ellis was supposed to be one of the investors who would pay for some of the racks. He did not fulfill his legal obligations to do this, and instead charged back the payment at the last minute, which led to Kubbur being in over $10k debt.

Jen (aka Merch Guy in the Discord server) currently owns the branding to Kubbur. He almost paid $11k for a $10 domain, a Discord server with 600 members, and the "rights" to a stolen logo Kubbur uses, but fortunately, me and KIVOX knocked some sense into them.

I would advise all previous customers to chargeback their subscriptions with Kubbur. I personally would not want someone who admittedly scams his "friends" owning my data - of any sorts.

I'll provide some clips of this absolute sociopath's behavior in another comment.

I love how the investor was a script kiddie known in DDoS/Doxxing/Swatting circles, and you guys relied him for investments. When he fucked you over, you guys sold all the customer data to him anyway.

Im not even mad. This is actually awesome. I've never seen so fucked up ending for a reputable provider. The entire kubbur was basically slaughtered like a pig and each of you took one bodypart. Everything that could be sold, was cannibalized and finally nobody wants to take responsibility so they tell the fucked over customers to chargeback each others.

I vote this for the drama of the year award.

• I decided, to my own accord - not because of the influence of others, to record pretty much the entire call yesterday and the private call between me and Leifur and Ellis. I recorded the private call with Leifur and Ellis for record, not showing anyone by the way. This was mainly due to the fact I genuinely believe Leifur is so manipulative and untrustworthy that even having a "man to man" or "heart to heart" talk is something he'd try to twist to his own liking. Which he did in some ways. I also recorded it because Leifur has such a small attention span he forgets what he himself says in matter of a couple of minutes seems like. I'll provide a YouTube link to both of those calls here for you guys.

Throughout the entire call, Leifur tries pinning the blame on Kjartan because in his words, Kjartan owns just as much of the company as he does. Which is extremely odd considering the fact he tried blaming KIVOX and Jen for causing emotional distress and reputational issues on Kjartan - even though he had done this himself. He then tries making himself out to be a "good guy" for making Kjartan money. But he also doesn't realize if he didn't royally fuck Kubbur in the first place, Kubbur could be making pretty damn good revenue possibly even now, if not, definitely in the near future. He tried playing victim, making it seem as if we're attacking him. There were what? 15 or so people in this call? Only a handful of us were actively speaking and interacting. And Leifur was the one losing his marbles and really insulting people, no one else. He absolutely breaks whenever you ask him certain questions he knows he's wrong about. That's my favorite part. When even he knows he's wrong in his mind but can't bring himself or tame his ego enough to admit it.

Public call in Kubbur's Discord server:

Private call between me, Ellis, and Leifur:

There are so many logical imperfections and backpedaling and just overall illogicalities from Leifur and Ellis, it's nutty. These guys genuinely possess one-track minds. Publicly, Ellis says anyone can freely receive a refund from what is now Kuxo, and he'd even accommodate you guys with that. Privately, however, he threatens to sue Jen and tries forcing him to apologize for telling Kubbur customers to chargeback. He claims he ruined their reputation, as if that was even a thing at this point. Jen was only doing the right thing and giving Kubbur customers a potentially positive solution to this all. According to Ellis and Leifur He was the one who actually signed off on having Kubbur customers be able to load their balance at Kuxo. This is likely because Jen isn't a sociopathic con artist and actually wants to see Kubbur customers at least somewhat happy. Leifur and Ellis could have made a post some time ago. That's not Jen's job, that's theirs.

• @stefeman said:

@JasperInari said:
    Initially, I wasn't going to comment on this fiasco because I presumed everyone would simply go their separate ways. Leifur would calm down and run NorthLayer, Ellis could run Kuxo, KIVOX and Tim could do their own thing. Whatever.

I love how the investor was a script kiddie known in DDoS/Doxxing/Swatting circles, and you guys relied him for investments. When he fucked you over, you guys sold all the customer data to him anyway.

Im not even mad. This is actually awesome. I've never seen so fucked up ending for a reputable provider. The entire kubbur was basically slaughtered like a pig and each of you took one bodypart. Everything that could be sold, was cannibalized and finally nobody wants to take responsibility so they tell the fucked over customers to chargeback each others.

I vote this for the drama of the year award.

I wasn't involved in Kubbur at all. I never even registered on their website. KIVOX had reached out to me to help Leifur's debt and financial problems. I declined after I saw the reviews and reputation.

This is solely Leifur's wrongdoing. He was the one finding investors and OK'ing or denying them. That's what the nail in the coffin for Kubbur was. Leifur admittedly states in our private call that he's not even good at "looking at the numbers on the board".

• edited October 2022

@BilohBucks said:
    I will just mention that nothlayer website is only template now. All links are not working there lmao

I don't say with 100% certainty but i had several email conversations & one Zoom meeting with @LeiferGunnarsson and was told that Kubbur were not connected directly with Northlayer.is. Leifer said his uncle worked there (the uncle was not a partner in Kubbur) and was getting them good rates on servers. Leifer can correct this or I will try to dig up the emails later.

In otherwords, Northlayer.is should not be blamed for Kubbur.

When I spoke to them over a year ago, Leifer and his partner were both under 18, which doesn't excuse them, but makes it more understandable that you were dealing with inexperienced minors.

Perhaps a minimum age of 18 should be established to advertise on LET @jbiloh? That age limit would reduce these summer hosts by half.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • JasperInariJasperInari Member
    edited October 2022

I've said all that I think I needed to here. This entire fiasco is so childish and immature, with Leifur probably raging worse than he does in Discord calls whenever he knows he's wrong.

To any Kubbur customers who are reading or just lurking this entire fiasco, I'd honestly recommend charging back your payments to Kubbur and not give scummy trash like Ellis who admittedly scams and fucks over Kubbur and his own friends and just laughs and jokes about it like it's a game the privilege of profiting off of your data. You guys have the right to decency, just as much as Kjartan, Tim and KIVOX do. You guys should have received a proper announcement from Leifur himself stating this would happen, sometime in advance. You have the legal right to chargeback your payments. And according to Ellis, he'd be ever-so glad to kindly give refunds and accommodate those who just want their data deleted.

To Jen if he's reading, I'm sorry you almost got conned out of $11k. Please do some research before making these kinds of deals. You're still young, don't make such futile mistakes that could affect your future negatively.

To Kubbur's ex-staff and dedicated members who actually wanted to see something with such potential workout, go down the toilet because of one person's narcissistic and greedy tendencies and incompetence, for what it's worth - considering I have no affiliations outside of being close with KIVOX, Kjartan, and Tim, who are the real victims here just like you guys and Robert are, and on behalf of Kubbur's old staff team, though I'm sure they'd agree with me because they never wanted to see this happen and wanted to see something they worked so hard on workout, I'm sorry this happened to you.

To the investors and possible people who got scammed who were quite possibly just quieted by Leifur and Ellis, I'd recommend making a statement publicly and possibly taking Ellis and Leifur to court. Their businesses and ASN's are listed publicly on official UK government websites. Good luck.

To @raindog308 and his very patient staff team, thank you for allowing me to say this without simply closing the thread hushing those here who have been wronged. Other forum sites operate differently, so knowing this staff team are patient and actually disagree with scumbag behavior is something that makes this forum site last as long as it has.

Good luck everyone.

• @Offshore_Solutions said:

@BilohBucks said:
    I will just mention that nothlayer website is only template now. All links are not working there lmao

I don't say with 100% certainty but i had several email conversations & one Zoom meeting with @LeiferGunnarsson and was told that Kubbur were not connected directly with Northlayer.is. Leifer said his uncle worked there (the uncle was not a partner in Kubbur) and was getting them good rates on servers. Leifer can correct this or I will try to dig up the emails later.

When I spoke to them over a year ago, Leifer and his partner were both under 18 so their mistakes are somewhat understandable based on a lack of experience. Let's hope they learn from their mistakes and become successful businessmen.

Sir, you should look twice before quoting someone. I didn't blamed anywhere Northlayer/Kubbur or any of the hosting owners for that.
    I just simply commented nonworking state of their new website.

• @Offshore_Solutions said:

@BilohBucks said:

When I spoke to them over a year ago, Leifer and his partner were both under 18 so their mistakes are somewhat understandable based on a lack of experience. Let's hope they learn from their mistakes and become successful businessmen.

You're right there. NorthLayer isn't associated with Kubbur. But they are directly parallel to one another. It's kind of silly to get upset with people for wrongly associating the two when you just shut one company down, sell customer data to an admitted scammer, and immediately open another one in advance. NorthLayer has been a company for some time now, which makes this rabbit hole even more suspicious.

Can't really blame people for being skeptical or asking questions. After all, the money that was made from Kubbur will likely go to NorthLayer. Which is fine, Leifur can do that. But you can't really 100% say they're not at all associated or linked in anyway. Because that right there kind of links the two. And if that point isn't valid enough, you can't blame people for being skeptical or asking questions like I had mentioned earlier.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
This discussion has been closed.