Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end for kubbur.com? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The end for kubbur.com?

Comments

• mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited October 2022

@LeifurGunnarsson said:
    if the company gets a bad rep over something we've done at a different venture.

Northlayer is a product of Kubbur's failure and that will follow the owners everywhere they go. This was a clear rug pull for a quick exit to fund a new venture because the old one was mismanaged.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@mikewazar said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

Go fuck yourself - Northlayer is a product of Kubbur's failure

Mind you, this is a community. It isn't too fair to verbally attack someone like that.

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep

@mikewazar said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

Go fuck yourself - Northlayer is a product of Kubbur's failure

Northlayer has existed for three months already as a registered company, with the domain name "northlayer.com" and the idea itself being nearly a year old already. It quite literally does not have anything to do with KUBBUR.
    I'd appreciate it if you could keep things civil here, all I'm here to do is to try to give my view on certain things. And as I've already said I certainly won't be defending the actions of anyone.

~ kjartan

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • @LeifurGunnarsson perhaps afford the same to your customers who are in the dark. Some with hundreds of euros in credit who have had absolutely zero communication besides a discord announcement from some random account telling them to perform charge backs

If you plan on running Northlayer in the same manner as Kubbur, it sure as shit isn't going to be around too long. And I hope Kubbur's reputation follows Northlayer because its owners royally fucked its customers.

• @FatGrizzly said:
    Mind you, this is a community. It isn't too fair to verbally attack someone like that.

For a second I thought I was still on their Discord. Mind my language I've expanded that post a bit.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • Plenty of time to debate on Discord and run his mouth at 500 words a minute defending himself but Leifur has yet to even email his customer base telling them he sold all their information to a literal scammer who Kubbur has had a public meltdown with in the past.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2022

@LeifurGunnarsson said:
    it would not be fair for the others if the company gets a bad rep over something we've done at a different venture.

You still can pay @BilohBucks to move this thread off topic before google does index it.

• New owner of the brand is rebooting it as an OVH reseller

rip

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited October 2022

Love the attempt by the previous ownership to distance themselves from Kubbur, as if it wasn't their fault or responsibility this occurred and should be allowed to open a new brand straight after and act as if nothing happened :D

There is nothing wrong with closing a company, even suddenly. There is something wrong with taking money from people, closing up and leaving their only recourse up to chargebacks.

https://northlayer.is/ shouldn't be let off either.

• The random account posting seems to be the person who has purchased ownership of the KUBBUR branding, Discord server and other resources. The person has no access whatsoever to the KUBBUR domains and nodes it seems, that all rests with the Kuxo.io owner (who again has a very poor reputation).

People are being told to chargeback because none of the owners want to take responsibility and refund users with large amounts of credits or even just compensate them in any way. It seems the 'random person' who posted the announcement will be having to refund them.

Such a poor transition and way to end a poorly managed company, as expected. The previous owners should be the ones cleaning up and refunding all the people who've lost hundreds on KUBBUR credits.

Personally, I've lost a service with KUBBUR due to their inability to create a half-decent billing system and in the process have received over 190 emails from KUBBUR about my service being suspended, no compensation as expected and a 1-2 week response time.

So yeah, chargeback if possible.

Thanked by 1gzz
    edited October 2022

@tester4 said:

Please see my post above:

Northlayer has existed for three months already as a registered company, with the domain name "northlayer.com" and the idea itself being nearly a year old already.

• @LeifurGunnarsson said:

@tester4 said:
    Love the attempt by the previous ownership to distance themselves from Kubbur, as if it wasn't their fault or responsibility this occurred and should be allowed to open a new brand straight after and act as if nothing happened :D

There is nothing wrong with closing a company, even suddenly. There is something wrong with taking money from people, closing up and leaving their only recourse up to chargebacks.

Northlayer has existed for three months already as a registered company, with the domain name "northlayer.com" and the idea itself being nearly a year old already.

Ok.. what difference does this make? You still haven't refunded users with credit balances or remaining time, and are acting as if it is not your responsibility to do so. You represent https://northlayer.is and it should've been expected that this is the response you would get from users.

@tester4 said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@tester4 said:

Ok.. what difference does this make? You still haven't refunded users with credit balances or remaining time, and are acting as if it is not your responsibility to do so. You represent https://northlayer.is and it should've been expected that this is the response you would get from users.

All customers that wish to be refunded will be. This has just yet to be announced so that we can organise the whole process.
    The whole chargeback ordeal was made by the new owner of purely the brand. He was not within his right to make that announcement.
    None of us have stated or otherwise indicated that we would not refund customers.

@tester4 said:

nothlayer is the next scam? make some good BF offers and after you sell a lot, scam the customers again 🤣

Thanked by 1mikewazar

@tester4 said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@tester4 said:

All customers that wish to be refunded will be. This has just yet to be announced so that we can organise the whole process.
    The whole chargeback ordeal was made by the new owner of purely the brand. He was not within his right to make that announcement.
    None of us have stated or otherwise indicated that we would not refund customers.

You might find it wise to announce this somehow in a more public fashion before your entire reputation is ruined as a result of this fiasco :)

• mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited October 2022

ey,

I am writing to inform you of a change regarding KUBBUR's ownership structure

As of 07/10/2022 Kuxo Limited has reached an agreement with Leifur & Kjartan to take over the business operations of KUBBUR. We are in the process of migrating the panel over to the kuxo.io domain, and as such the new URL for your panel will change to nyc-proxmox.kuxo.io (NYC), ldn-proxmox.kuxo.io (LDN). Billing will also be moved over to bill.kuxo.io, which will be handled by Kuxo, you will be emailed login info for Kuxo's billing panel in the coming days.

Regarding billing, we appreciate the poor level of service provided to you by KUBBUR, as such, every client transferred over, will be given the 30 days of service, completely free of charge. In addition to this, your first invoice will have a 50% discount. Furthermore, on a on-going basis, billing will be charged at a lower price than what KUBBUR has been charging, Kuxo will charge 3.50GBP per GB of ram, as opposed to 5 euro. VMs will remain with a 10G link, completely unmetered, and server specifications will not be downgraded in the foreseeable future. An upgrade to 7950x servers is in our roadmap for later this year, and i shall be in touch with an upgrade plan for this, this will likely result in no change to pricing. MC clients will also be migrated over, with pricing and specifications matched. Any KUBBUR credit that is currently held, will be honored by Kuxo.

Server specifications for VMs will not be downgraded, nor will a hard move be necessary, as we have reached a deal with KUBBUR to purchase both the NYC and LDN nodes, London VMs will be moved onto a 5900x node, as opposed to the 5800x that clients are currently on, this move will happen in the coming weeks, likely towards the end of October. I will be in contact 14 days before servers are moved, which will likely be in the form of a drive swap, minimising downtime, which will likely be for 30/60mins.

As you are likely already aware, services have been brought online, there were issues with payment for the NYC node, which have now been resolved by Kuxo, the NYC and London nodes remain online for the foreseeable future, with a upgrade to Ryzen 5900x coming in the next 2 weeks for both locations, this will be followed with a upgrade, free of charge, to a Ryzen 9 7950x towards the end of November

As per KUBBUR's privacy policy, your data will not be sold, or shared with any third parties, this will remain the same with Kuxo, we comply with GDPR fully. Should you wish to submit a data deletion request, or would like to opt-out of this move, please email [email protected], please be sure to mention your name, email, server ip and server hostname, so we can ensure that we can match this request to your server.

Should you have any questions regarding this move, or how it impacts your services, please do not hesitate to reach out to myself, or the Kuxo support team using the [email protected] email. We will ensure extra team members are on hand, to ensure response times are prompt, to ensure that no confusion occurs.

Thanks,
    Ellis W - CEO @ Kuxo Limited

You were sent this email because it was deemed important enough that you could not miss it. This is done in accordance with our privacy policy, available at https://www.kubbur.com/legal/privacy-policy, which you have agreed to.

As received

• So now that the Discord is owned by another party, the community members and Discord will now vanish since it no longer has any relation to the services now provided by CucksO

• @mikewazar said:
    So now that the Discord is owned by another party, the community members and Discord will now vanish since it no longer has any relation to the services now provided by CucksO

Pretty much! It's a confusing move but personally I've opted to not participate in the move and I urge you all to do the same. Push for your data to be deleted and go elsewhere, they have to somewhat follow GDPR ;)

• As per KUBBUR's privacy policy, your data will not be sold, or shared with any third parties, this will remain the same with Kuxo, we comply with GDPR fully.

This is hilarious on so many levels, considering that my data was literally sold to a third party company 😂

• I will just mention that nothlayer website is only template now. All links are not working there lmao

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • Is this the same one who promised Iceland servers?

• In indonesian I read it as "Kubur" which means "Grave". Just ignore my comment guys, sorry

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@BilohBucks said:
    I will just mention that nothlayer website is only template now. All links are not working there lmao

Thanked by 2hrryt BilohBucks
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2022

10 Gbps shared at €5/GB with 5950X is definitely doable and they probably could've made a decent profit. Tempest/Path is known for giving bandwidth at insanely cheap prices (given how they have 10 Gbps dedicated servers for $80/mo) :)

The main issue, from what I can tell, is that they bought a full cabinet in London but they couldn't get the investment for more servers (or more servers were delayed) - so that cabinet basically went empty and they eventually went broke.

Honestly, now that Kubbur is gone, I might enter the 10 Gbps VPS market. I've looked into it before, but I decided not to at the time as I didn't want to compete with Kubbur/RawSRV. Since both are gone, I might re-consider it again.

• emghemgh Member
    edited October 2022

The Discord message is written as a public annoncement from a company lawyer, but the details make it obvious it’s a bunch of kids.

LEIFUR: SEND ME 10 K PLS U GET 50 % OF COMPANI

OTHER ISLANDIC GAMER: YES OK BUT I GET 50 PERC CENT BEFORE HA ND PAYPAL FAMILY FREINDS

LEIFUR: NO SERVER FIRST AND ADMIN ACCOUNT TO SEE OUR 34 CLIENTS DATA AFTERWARDS

OTHER ISLANDIC GAMER: OK I SEND U MY OLD DESKROP IN A MONTH WHEN MOM BOUGHT ME A NEW ONE FOR BIRTHDAY

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • emghemgh Member
    edited October 2022

Let’s give them some free SEO connecting KUBBUR with NorthLayer.

NorthLayer Review 2022

While I haven’t been a client of said company, I have noticed how the management have previously treated clients like a fast food meal at KFC, and the integrity of client data like Kanye giving out big booty bitches in his song ”Feedback”.

I would stay away from NorthLayer. Even though they ask us not to mention the brand here, I will, since it’s still them, under a different brand.

Imagine if @Francisco dumped all shared clients to hostgator and when a thread was opened asked everyone to not ever mention ”BuyVM” in the thread so that ”his actions dosen’t reflect on his reputation, please.”

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2022

@emgh said:
    Imagine if @Francisco dumped all shared clients to hostgator and when a thread was opened asked everyone to not ever mention ”BuyVM” in the thread so that ”his actions dosen’t reflect on his reputation, please.”

See, I think people would be fine with a buyout if Kubbur actually researched the new owner. The new owner acts like a complete child, and maybe they are one.

Still, do you want to host with someone that has a massive chip on their shoulder and has to brag about a few thousand dollars they have in the bank? He posted literal screenshots of his bank account as a flex on people.

Everyone looks terrible in this.

Francisco

Thanked by 2typicalGtaTG adly
    edited October 2022

Moreover, according to his company history.
    https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13271379/officers

He has resigned couple of times, and as many guessed. He's a 17 year old.

• hollowvi1hollowvi1 Member
    edited October 2022

I would like to leave an apology in regards to how this negatively affected Kuxo & Kubbur Limited
    I had announced without permission and breaching our agreement when I acquired the brand that I told people to charge back and I felt as I did wrong, I would like to address that they are not bad people and that this has been a big change for the community because they felt like they were left in the dark for many months and when all this was revealed everyone was freaking out because nobody had kept them updated. However I made things worse by telling them things that was not authorized by Kuxo Or Leifur, And I am apologizing on behalf of myself and hope that we can move forward and put this in the past. Customers can fill out a refund forum provided by Leifur in order for them to get their money back. I do not want to misinform any customers.

This discussion has been closed.