Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

C1Vhosting is scam - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

C1Vhosting is scam

Comments

• c1vhosting must be currently typing up a 20 page response....

Thanked by 2AndrewSSD kode9
  • @cold said:

@c1vhosting said:
    It seems a bit ridiculous; however we’ll post our answer soon

soon ? why not now ?

Why answer now when they have 90 days to answer? /s

• @TWC said:
    I am fairly certain that this happened due to the language barrier issue between the two parties.

"AndrewSSD" is clearly an alias (not sure why... very unprofessional, and slightly dishonest) and he doesn't really understand that the law is on C1V's side, and that you can't be a brute if you want to resolve the situation in your favor, especially if you've already paid for something.

You can either be polite, and understanding of the law (and the law is on C1V's side even though it sucks) or you can attempt to have their payments account suspended and risk getting absolutely nothing, especially if you really are using a false identity.

In any case; I'd count my blessings and lay low, since you're really not doing yourself any favors by going public with this...

I was initially on the seller's side if it was clearly communicated delivery was up to 90 days.

But the buyer asked for the subnet IP's and it was provided. That is a reasonable assumption that it's immediately available. Otherwise, the response should have been he doesn't know, yet, as order hasn't yet been fulfilled.

Tl;dr buyer was under false pretense that he'd get immediate delivery and then told it will be 90 days. (Note, no care to imply it would happen any sooner)

So yes, I would consider this seller shady AF.

Thanked by 1TODO
  • @c1vhosting also, make sure your response makes it clear why he got another invoice after 4 days without the service actually commencing. Surely, you wouldn't be charging money for services not delivered?

Thanked by 3SinV AndrewSSD TODO
  • LowHostingLowHosting Member, Host Rep

@TimboJones said:

@TWC said:
    I am fairly certain that this happened due to the language barrier issue between the two parties.

"AndrewSSD" is clearly an alias (not sure why... very unprofessional, and slightly dishonest) and he doesn't really understand that the law is on C1V's side, and that you can't be a brute if you want to resolve the situation in your favor, especially if you've already paid for something.

You can either be polite, and understanding of the law (and the law is on C1V's side even though it sucks) or you can attempt to have their payments account suspended and risk getting absolutely nothing, especially if you really are using a false identity.

In any case; I'd count my blessings and lay low, since you're really not doing yourself any favors by going public with this...

I was initially on the seller's side if it was clearly communicated delivery was up to 90 days.

But the buyer asked for the subnet IP's and it was provided. That is a reasonable assumption that it's immediately available. Otherwise, the response should have been he doesn't know, yet, as order hasn't yet been fulfilled.

Tl;dr buyer was under false pretense that he'd get immediate delivery and then told it will be 90 days. (Note, no care to imply it would happen any sooner)

I agree with you.

I missed that he had given him the IP of the subnet, I did a little check now and it appears that 88.151.9.0/24 (the subnet provided) is owned by ORG-SS1215-RIPE (Splynx s.r.o.) and not by C1VHosting, it seems like they are reselling it.
    https://apps.db.ripe.net/db-web-ui/query?searchtext=88.151.9.0/24

Thanked by 1AndrewSSD
  • LowEndLOA's
    I suppose we'll need to wait 90 days for C1V's response?
    Are the LOA's sent using IPoAC?

Thanked by 1AndrewSSD
  • @angstrom said:

@dahartigan said: EDIT: Just noticed OP has provider tag. Juicy drama here!

More precisely, a Host Rep tag

(Not a Patron Provider tag)

You nearly had me. Double check the OP.. ;)

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @dahartigan said:

@angstrom said:

@dahartigan said: EDIT: Just noticed OP has provider tag. Juicy drama here!

More precisely, a Host Rep tag

(Not a Patron Provider tag)

You nearly had me. Double check the OP.. ;)

Ah, sorry, my bad :)

I thought that you were referring to @c1vhosting (the defendant) and not to @AndrewSSD (the plaintiff) :#

Thanked by 2dahartigan AndrewSSD
  • @LowHosting said:

@TimboJones said:

@TWC said:

I agree with you.

I missed that he had given him the IP of the subnet, I did a little check now and it appears that 88.151.9.0/24 (the subnet provided) is owned by ORG-SS1215-RIPE (Splynx s.r.o.) and not by C1VHosting, it seems like they are reselling it.
    https://apps.db.ripe.net/db-web-ui/query?searchtext=88.151.9.0/24

Splynx sells a billing & network management system for isps, i dont think they are reselling ip subnets or atleast no info about it on their website.

Anyway ill come back in 89 days to take a look at C1V's answer.

Thanked by 1AndrewSSD
  • AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2022

A simple question why not refunding me if i don't want your services? Is the provided screenshots not enough for him to send me the refund and close this case ? What should i do more to prove he is scammer, This seller still wants to win the paypal dispute even we don't have a delivered services from their side. Who knows how many people will be scammed too under the Host Rep tag which provided to him.

Thanked by 2dahartigan forgetm
  • M66BM66B Veteran

"Next Monday". Is this a HostSolutions.ro branch?

• @AndrewSSD said:
    A simple question why not refunding me if i don't want your services? Is the provided screenshots not enough for him to send me the refund and close this case ? What should i do more to prove he is scammer, This seller still wants to win the paypal dispute even we don't have a delivered services from their side. Who knows how many people will be scammed too under the Host Rep tag which provided to him.

I'm with you on this. If there was no scam, he would just cancel and refund you. No refund and no meaningful response in this thread leads me to believe he's scamming.

The PP dispute muddies the water a bit, but he could close the case with a refund via that process any time and the matter would be resolved (with him paying the dispute fee to PP as his punishment for being dodgy)

Thanked by 2AndrewSSD TODO
  • @M66B said:
    "Next Monday". Is this a HostSolutions.ro branch?

Nope, this is nexusbytes subdivision :D

Thanked by 2AndrewSSD M66B
  • this forum have some scam company/unscrupulous company, but they have paid a protection fees(patron) so end-user usually is can't challenge them.
    But this time seem different, because they're both are provider this time.
    Sincerely hope that lowendtalk can investigate and drive out those unscrupulous companies.

Thanked by 1AndrewSSD
  • @forgetm said:
    this forum have some scam company/unscrupulous company, but they have paid a protection fees(patron) so end-user usually is can't challenge them.
    But this time seem different, because they're both are provider this time.
    Sincerely hope that lowendtalk can investigate and drive out those unscrupulous companies.

they did not payed $200 so for sure they lose this round to the provider who payed.

Thanked by 1AndrewSSD
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited October 2022

@jbiloh please deploy relevant protocols in order to prevent further scam spread and please initiate official request for information from accused person/entity via proper B2B channels (email, phone, mail or fax).

• AndrewL64AndrewL64 Member
    edited October 2022

@TWC said:
    "AndrewSSD" is clearly an alias (not sure why... very unprofessional, and slightly dishonest)

Lol what? It's a username though. I use different aliases as usernames for online platforms as well. How the fuck is that unprofessional and dishonest ffs?

P.S. I'm not the same Andrew as the OP.

Thanked by 1AndrewSSD
    edited October 2022

@AndrewL64 said:

@TWC said:
    "AndrewSSD" is clearly an alias (not sure why... very unprofessional, and slightly dishonest)

Lol what? It's a username though. I use different aliases as usernames for online platforms as well. How the fuck is that unprofessional and dishonest ffs?

I'm not professional because we are using aliases with our usernames, I feel afraid they will report our usernames as we are using fake identites i should use my full name inside communities. What a joke.

Thanked by 2kasodk kdh
  • @AndrewSSD said:

@AndrewL64 said:

@TWC said:

I'm not professional because we are using aliases with our usernames, I feel afraid they will report our usernames as we are using fake identites i should use my full name inside communities. What a joke.

I will be very disappointed now if your surname isn't SSD.

Thanked by 3gbzret4d kdh kode9
  • emgemg Veteran

When I saw 90 day term for delivery, I was surprised. A 90 day delivery term is most unusual for the hosting industry.

In my opinion, @c1vhosting should have made it very clear that the delivery time would be 90 days. A large dialog box in the middle of the screen before accepting the order would be appropriate, "Are you sure you want to commit this order, which may take up to 90 days to deliver?"

If the only place where @AndrewSSD was warned is the fine print in a separate Terms page that I saw, then C1VHosting is deliberately deceiving their customers with the fine print. By the way, I found the Terms in a separate PDF file. It is written in Italian, which is expected for a company in Italy. I translated it to English to read it, using Google Translate. Search for "90".

https://www.c1vhosting.it/termini.pdf

Thanked by 1AndrewSSD
  • @TWC said:

Speaking of which, is @TWC your real name btw?

• @AndrewL64 said:

@TWC said:

Speaking of which, is @TWC your real name btw?

The c is pronounced 'at'

• Is @c1vhosting dead?
    I think it's a good idea to build a black list like @yoursunny 's "No IPv6 Hall of Shame" about providers that have bad or no customer service.

Thanked by 1AndrewSSD

@sots said:
    Is @c1vhosting dead?
    I think it's a good idea to build a black list like @yoursunny 's "No IPv6 Hall of Shame" about providers that have bad or no customer service.

They answer only on paypal disputes @c1vhosting are trying to win the case and make some false statements to paypal staff to win the case. Then sent me a new invoice wants me to pay for the renewal and if i didn't renew the service i purchased in 15 days they will kill me or they will contact paypal and force me to take money from my paypal account. lol.

IT'S THAT SIMPLE JUST REFUND ME. I DON'T WANT TO USE YOUR SERVICE. BE WARE GUYS DON'T USE @c1vhosting

• taken from https://www.c1vhosting.it/termini.pdf

I Servizi richiesti dal Cliente sono attivati entro e non oltre 90 dalla conferma dell’ordine

translation

The Services requested by the Customer are activated no later than 90 from order confirmation

90 what ? it could be 90 years as well as 90 minutes... it is not speciifed

Thanked by 2AndrewSSD adly
  • M66BM66B Veteran
    edited October 2022

@Carlin0 said:
    taken from https://www.c1vhosting.it/termini.pdf

I Servizi richiesti dal Cliente sono attivati entro e non oltre 90 dalla conferma dell’ordine

translation

The Services requested by the Customer are activated no later than 90 from order confirmation

90 Mondays, of course.

Isn't it forbidden, at least in the EU, to hide terms important for a deal like this? I believe it is. @AndrewSSD if you want to win the dispute, I would look into this because it would be a substantial argument.

Thanked by 3AndrewSSD gbzret4d ehab

@M66B said:

@Carlin0 said:
    taken from https://www.c1vhosting.it/termini.pdf

translation

90 Mondays, of course.

Isn't it forbidden, at least in the EU, to hide terms important for a deal like this? I believe it is. @AndrewSSD if you want to win the dispute, I would look into this because it would be a substantial argument.

Thanks this is a good point i will share it with the paypal staff.

• Wish you luck @AndrewSSD! Such providers like @c1vhosting should be banned from LET and any other forums. Seems like they have cociu syndrome with these mondays.

Thanked by 1AndrewSSD
  • @AndrewSSD said:

@AndrewL64 said:

@TWC said:

Are you pretending to be an American, even though you're from Egypt? :)

This discussion has been closed.