Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes: still no answer after 2 months for a support ticket - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes: still no answer after 2 months for a support ticket

123457»

Comments

• @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @Andrews @hadawayandplay You'll are bitching about a picture. Sorry your clits or underwear are in a bunch over a picture. I never said it was good optics! But don’t come here try to throw shade at me because I offered you’ll a chance to get a creampie!

Clits in a bunch? No, that's not a thing. You can't even say "panties in a bunch" properly?

• Clits, creampies and bobs - what a thread.

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • @debaser said:

@Andrews said:

@Samael said:

@jbiloh said:

@ChrisMiller said:

@angstrom said: I may be >completely mistaken about this, but I don't think that Jay is a citizen of India

He is Bangladeshi but Lives in NY.

@Saahib said: Jay is probably >traveling around the world. May be long pending

I traveled to him. :)

Do you think Jay will return to lowendtalk?

They always return with "we're truly sorry... it will be all better now, we have plans..." once or twice and then things slowly die.

he already wasted the first attempt of "sorry, yeah, I screwed up, grabbed your money and disappeared for X months, but I will be nice... this time... blah blah blah, believe me, I'm so poor,

Sure, but apart from a few edge cases all servers were up and running and customers got their tickets answered albeit slowly.

Even in this thread, people confirm that tickets still get replied to. Again, there seem to be a few edge cases where something’s gone wrong.

You’re portraying this as some kind of exit scam, but it clearly isn’t.

No, no, no, it's coming across as incompetence, not malice. Incompetence isn't acceptable, either.

• @seriesn is a good dude, but he's running a business here and leaving everyone with their willies in their hand while he's gallivanting around the countryside with his mate. If I could give Jay a slap in the head I would, because at this point he's either taking the piss or got no idea.

• kzedkzed Member

It's not @seriesn first time he running hosting business, he also ran a hosting business before, which end up getting abandoned then sold to a company. Maybe the history will repeat again.

• VoidVoid Member

@kzed said:
    It's not @seriesn first time he running hosting business, he also ran a hosting business before, which end up getting abandoned then sold to a company. Maybe the history will repeat again.

Sounds like a hobby project rather than a business

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @kzed said:

Any reference to this or speculation?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@kzed said:

Abandoning and selling are two different things, and there's nothing wrong with the latter.

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • kzedkzed Member

@plumberg said: Any reference to this or speculation?

i was his client for short period of time when he running brand called NinjaHawk. Back in the day, he also advertised it on LET as well. then sold it to TMZhosting

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

While I don't agree with the way @PieHasBeenEaten has put it, I fully agree with the content.

@seriesn - like any and every provider - is a human being and needs some free time.

Besides, don't blow it out of proportion! @ChrisMiller clearly said that he (and a friend) came to seriesn's city to meet, so what kind of time are we talking about? Something like half an hour to a couple of hours max. Just a plain case of friends meeting like millions and millions of other people do every day.

I'd like to see NexusBytes support and seriesn more responsive and reacting quicker too, just like many here, but fact is that my VPSs with NexusBytes run smoothly and are among my most reliable (and fast) VMs.

Finally, what is it we want? Do we want to hyena like look for weak spots and mercilessly attack (regrettably some here obviously do) -or- do we want a provider whom many here like(d) and whose products still run reliably and fast to recover from whatever hit him?

I, and I'm sure that I'm not alone there, definitely want seriesn to fully recover and wish him well.

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2022

@jsg said: @seriesn - like any and every provider - is a human being and needs some free time.

How's this relevant for the people who purchased service from a NexusBytes company? CEO needs some rest, so lets put purchased services on a halt for the time being or what exactly is your logic here?
    People don't buy services from a private entities but registered companies. If people behind can't handle business after they pick peoples money they should not run it in a first place.

@hadawayandplay said: He runs a business providing a service to paying customers. He is AWOL in every respect, except apparently when it matters to him personally i.e. having "fun".
    Some people will have trusted NexusBytes with their data, their livelihood in some cases which is particularly sobering at the moment. Sure they can move, but it's not that simple for some people who've opted in for a "Prem" service.
    If you can't see the issue then it's no surprise that he's doing what he's doing, because people like you seem to afford him some sort of exception from good busines ethics and conduct.

This!

Thanked by 2DrSlime adly

Folks, since Chris is the only one with updates and news regarding @seriesn and NexusBytes after meeting him in person, let's just settle with the two things which he has already mentioned.

1. @ChrisMiller said: he is doing well and was telling me about his plans on improving NexusBytes.

2. @ChrisMiller said: He hasn't forgotten you all like it may seem, things in progress to return support to normal

Most importantly, he's doing well, so I hope we'll be hearing from the man himself soon.

• edited June 2022

@DP said: Most importantly, he's doing well, so I hope we'll be hearing from the man himself soon.

Don't count on it. It has been 6 months since he posted a thread on here and the issues were on-going months before then too.
    I get that he went through a tough time, but the generosity and goodwill can only go so far before it comes across like he's taking people for fools.
    What I think is objectionable is people coming on here (and other forums) with genuine concerns and doubts about the abilities of this web host through actual experience, however they're dismissed or belittled by some people simply because Jay's a nice guy (although I'd challenge that premise based on the quality of the service his customers are presently receiving). So what if he's a nice guy? This is business. Sort it out, be visible to your (loyal) customers on here, or sell up.

Thanked by 3Liso adly TimboJones

@hadawayandplay said:

@DP said: Most importantly, he's doing well, so I hope we'll be hearing from the man himself soon.

Don't count on it. It has been 6 months since he posted a thread on here and the issues were on-going months before then too.
    I get that he went through a tough time, but the generosity and goodwill can only go so far before it comes across like he's taking people for fools.
    What I think is objectionable is people coming on here (and other forums) with genuine concerns and doubts about the abilities of this web host through actual experience, however they're dismissed or belittled by some people simply because Jay's a nice guy (although I'd challenge that premise based on the quality of the service his customers are presently receiving). So what if he's a nice guy? This is business. Sort it out, be visible to your (loyal) customers on here, or sell up.

Yeah I understand.

I’m a BexusNytes customer too and have been with them for about 2 years now so I do hope the situation improves.

@Samael said:

@jsg said: @seriesn - like any and every provider - is a human being and needs some free time.

How's this relevant for the people who purchased service from a NexusBytes company? CEO needs some rest, so lets put purchased services on a halt for the time being or what exactly is your logic here?
    People don't buy services from a private entities but registered companies. If people behind can't handle business after they pick peoples money they should not run it in a first place.

(a) @seriesn was painted in a negative way as if he didn't care a damn about his customers and instead chose to meet some friends.
    (b) NexusBytes is not a one man show.

• MumblyMumbly Member

@jsg said: (a) @seriesn was painted in a negative way as if he didn't care a damn about his customers and instead chose to meet some friends.

No shit, Sherlock.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2022

@hadawayandplay So you cant seem to get over the fact he had a play date! No one dismissed that he runs a business but the fact he is a human being is what comes first. So he decided to have a day for himself and friends doesn’t make him a bad guy. Bad Jay!

• @PieHasBeenEaten said: but the fact he is a human being is what comes first

You can be a human being and be a responsible business owner which values customers at the same time FYI. It's not binary.

• I'm not sure if there'd be this furore only if seriesn hired some folks to run the support side of things. It's not like he needs to be personally involved every day.

• drizbodrizbo Member

This thread is fucking hilarious :smiley:

Also I dont really give a fuck either way, but the thread was "no answer for 2 months" and people here are focusing on 1 day he went out with his boyfriends. Thread says 60 days, why focus on this 1 day.

Also the guy seems pretty young, if I remember correctly reading somewhere he lead some big store franchise, at what, 20? Thats more impressive than running some small host only people on LET and LES know about.

"I have owned and operated multiple successful chain retail stores across 6 different states in between 2010-2018." from LEB interview even

And then:

Why should customers trust you and your business?
    I am extremely real and approachable and always make my self available to my existing and potential clients.

Thats nice.

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@hadawayandplay But you keep going off on how bad of a business owner he is for taking time for to see his friends. So what is it then? Is it selfish to want some time for yourself? But he didn’t put his customers first is what you are going to say? Well we don’t know what is going on all I trying to convey we all need time away for computer! So don’t try to bash a man for taking time to be with friends. Don’t sit here on your high horse and grovel at him for doing so. But the business well his well being comes before a business sorry. Anyways peace out and that invitation is still open!

• @TimboJones said:

@debaser said:

@Andrews said:

@Samael said:

@jbiloh said:

@ChrisMiller said:

@angstrom said: I may be >completely mistaken about this, but I don't think that Jay is a citizen of India

He is Bangladeshi but Lives in NY.

@Saahib said: Jay is probably >traveling around the world. May be long pending

I traveled to him. :)

Do you think Jay will return to lowendtalk?

They always return with "we're truly sorry... it will be all better now, we have plans..." once or twice and then things slowly die.

he already wasted the first attempt of "sorry, yeah, I screwed up, grabbed your money and disappeared for X months, but I will be nice... this time... blah blah blah, believe me, I'm so poor,

Sure, but apart from a few edge cases all servers were up and running and customers got their tickets answered albeit slowly.

Even in this thread, people confirm that tickets still get replied to. Again, there seem to be a few edge cases where something’s gone wrong.

You’re portraying this as some kind of exit scam, but it clearly isn’t.

No, no, no, it's coming across as incompetence, not malice. Incompetence isn't acceptable, either.

The key is in the sentence "[I] grabbed your money" which frames it as an exit scam, but all servers have been running fine. So the money hasn't just been taken. Probably most (>95%) of users have a working service. They've gotten something in return for their money.

Now, full disclosure: I used to have 2 VM's with Nexusbytes, I have cancelled these after Jay had gone MIA. I wanted to consolidate some VM's anyway and with an unclear future for the company, I chose to consolidate these two rightaway.

IMHO the big difference with an exit scam is that users can just migrate their data over in this case. If it doesn't feel right, nothing is stopping you from doing this.

Thanked by 3ralf yoursunny Arkas
    edited June 2022

@Samael said:

@jsg said: (a) @seriesn was painted in a negative way as if he didn't care a damn about his customers and instead chose to meet some friends.

No shit, Sherlock.

Thanks for clearly showing what you are really about ...

@drizbo said:
    I am extremely real and approachable and always make my self available to my existing and potential clients.

Thats nice.

Well, humans being humans presume themselves to actually being capable to fulfill what they consider their obligations.

And then suddenly out of nowhere SHTF and they e.g. find themselves in a wheelchair.

Don't get me wrong, @seriesn did make promises even after he was "in the wheelchair" ... but he didn't keep his promises; even worse, he kind of completely "vanished". That's considered an absolute no-go around here (by many, incl. myself), so I'm not saying that seriesn acted OK and deserves no criticism; nope it's him and him alone who opened that can of worms.

But still, seriesn always was a nice human being. He already lost quite a few customers as a justifiable reaction to his "vanishing" and he will have to pay a high price and to patiently work hard to regain trust if and when he returns to LET - but we are not his judges (beyond possibly leaving from NB).

I think that @jbiloh said something very smart and likely true in this case. Having f_cked up beyond a certain point, no matter the reasons and the question of guilt, can indeed become a barrier a person feels unable to even just try getting over.

As far as I'm concerned, seriesn definitely deserves a second - and fair - chance at LET and there simply is no need to bash him; he certainly knows that coming back won't be easy and that it'll be really hard to regain trust.

I for one am ready to give him that chance.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2022

You're so full of bullshit.
    Who will judge company service if not the clients who pay for this service?
    Some people don't rent someone's service to play with it and run some benchmark every now and then but because of they actually need it.

Beside that you can't give him another (third?) chance as he's nowhere near to deserve this chance.
    Or do you mean once in the distant future in case he decide to come back and start to work on problems he caused with his lack of professionalism and responsibility?

Thanked by 1hadawayandplay
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

Tensions have arisen, so I've decided to close this thread

The OP is long gone and we have no idea whether his ticket was finally handled or not

Also, Jay (= @seriesn ) has been tagged more times than one can easily count, so the ball is in his court

This discussion has been closed.