Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes: still no answer after 2 months for a support ticket
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes: still no answer after 2 months for a support ticket

We will certainly stop using NexusBytes.

It looked promising at first, because the pricing was quite good, but the support ended up being absolutely awful.

We encountered several issues on different topics...

And now, it's been two months that I have opened a "high priority" support ticket, and still NO ANSWER despite having sent a dozen messages in this ticket to remind them to answer us.

Still no answer. After TWO whole months of waiting.

Nothing could ever explain/justify that.

I have no beef with the owner, who appears to be a cool guy, but being cool is not enough. He and his team are ghosts.

This is not professional in the slightest. And now we have to plan a new migration of all our servers to another, more professional, provider. This is a waste of precious time.

Thanked by 1archerphan

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

Mate, if you have no beef, this thread wouldn't exist. Extract your data, move on, no need to tell the world.

Also you kept bumping the tickets, so your priority was downgraded each time, you fucked up.

EDIT: Also, is that you in your profile pic? If so, you look like you could kick my arse.

Thanked by 2archerphan qba82
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@MagniPhiCat said:
    And now we have to plan a new migration of all our servers to another, more professional, provider. This is a waste of precious time.

Time is money. And NB gave pretty discounted high resource plans. If you need stability, you need to use providers in the pricing range of the common big players like Linode, Vultr, etc.

• zedzed Member

@Nekki said:
    Mate, if you have no beef, this thread wouldn't exist. Extract your data, move on, no need to tell the world.

sir you are wrong, telling the world is exactly what a good citizen should do. provider alert!

Thanked by 2claudio archerphan
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@zed said: sir you are wrong, telling the world is exactly what a good citizen should do. provider alert!

It's not news, we all know what's going on at NB. Mans got struggles, yet folks still come here to complain because they didn't migrate when the struggles started. Poor form.

Thanked by 1archerphan
  • MagniPhiCatMagniPhiCat Member
    edited May 2022

@Nekki said:

Also you kept bumping the tickets, so your priority was downgraded each time, you fucked up.

EDIT: Also, is that you in your profile pic? If so, you look like you could kick my arse.

I have no beef with the owner as an individual. Did I say otherwise? I have quite the beef with the company, though. And that's precisely the company I am talking about here.

I kept bumping the ticket because the ticket got automatically closed by a messed up system. I had to bump the ticket to reopen it. That's why.

What on Earth are even talking about in your nonsense comment?

PS: no it's not me, it's Andrei Stepin, and I am not here to kick anyone's ass, martial arts are for self defense only

Thanked by 2claudio archerphan
  • For what its worth - I do have a few services with NB and have been very happy.

However, I haven't had the need to open any tickets with them, so I can't comment on that.

I do hope all is well with Jay, although I am also beginning to worry about the company. Perhaps it's time to find an alternative, as if he is not replying to tickets - that's a sign that things are perhaps not going in the right direction.

@NexusByte please chime in and ensure us that all is well, and we have nothing to worry about. Pretty please.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@MagniPhiCat said:

@Nekki said:

I have no beef with the owner as an individual. Did I say otherwise? I have quite the beef with the company, though. And that's precisely the company I am talking about here.

I kept bumping the ticket because the ticket got automatically closed by a messed up system. I had to bump the ticket to reopen it. That's why.

What on Earth are even talking about in your nonsense comment?

Hey guy, you're the one coming to complain a provider with known issues, don't make me out to be the bad guy, you heartless bastard. You knew the situation would come and you didn't migrate, so suck it up, buttercup.

PS: no it's not me, it's Andrei Stepin, and I am not here to kick anyone's ass, martial arts are for self defense only

Martial arts are for killing people. If they weren't, how come Bruce killed 52 men with his feet alone?

Thanked by 1archerphan
  • swat4swat4 Member

@NobodyInteresting said:

@NexusByte please chime in and ensure us that all is well, and we have nothing to worry about. Pretty please.

I guess you wanted to tag @seriesn ? :p

Hope he is doing well - look forward to seeing his movement again in LET :)

• @swat4 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

I guess you wanted to tag @seriesn ? :p

Hope he is doing well - look forward to seeing his movement again in LET :)

Ah, got too much sun today I guess lol, yes, @seriesn indeed

I truly hope he is okay. We can find new hosts, but we only have one Jay.

Thanked by 1archerphan
  • zedzed Member

@Nekki said:

@zed said: sir you are wrong, telling the world is exactly what a good citizen should do. provider alert!

It's not news, we all know what's going on at NB. Mans got struggles, yet folks still come here to complain because they didn't migrate when the struggles started. Poor form.

ah my bad, i read he was sick some months ago and then he reappeared, didn't realize something was still going on but now you've played the part of good citizen and i'm aware!

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

I feel like I need a kickback for always responding to these threads, lol.

@seriesn is alive and dealing with life. I'm not going to divulge personal information on here but he's expressed an interest in whipping things back into shape at NexusBytes.

I've been annoyed with things as well at times, but you extend a level of patience and understanding when it comes to friends and people you care about.

Thanked by 1equalz
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@MannDude said:

We all know he's your upstream.
    You can acquire his business to turn things around.

• Oh, something interesting is that a few days ago I opened a ticket with NB and they answered me quickly. While last time I reopened a ticket after it had been closed but no answers.So I guess there would be some mistakes in their help system.You should try to open a new ticket rather thanw reopen the old one.Hope this will help you.

Thanked by 2MagniPhiCat JasonM
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@yoursunny said:

@MannDude said:

We all know he's your upstream.
    You can acquire his business to turn things around.

He is, for now :wink: - I got some things in the works including some E X P A N S I O N S. :)

If I had the money to acquire something that size I'd have money to get my A/C fixed in my house. It's hot!

• @Nekki said:
    Hey guy, you're the one coming to complain a provider with known issues, don't make me out to be the bad guy, you heartless bastard. You knew the situation would come and you didn't migrate, so suck it up, buttercup.

You are the one misreading written comments, and therefore replying with unjustified and groundless accusations, which I was merely raising in my reply.

Also please lose this condescendant tone with me, I am not your boy.

I have another ticket that is 3 months old, and still no (actual) reply.

Even if the owner has personal issues, which I sympathize with because it can/has/will happen to most of us, it still doesn't mean his employees cannot work and respond to tickets.

Thanked by 1claudio
  • @Franzkafka said:
    Oh, something interesting is that a few days ago I opened a ticket with NB and they answered me quickly. While last time I reopened a ticket after it had been closed but no answers.So I guess there would be some mistakes in their help system.You should try to open a new ticket rather thanw reopen the old one.Hope this will help you.

Okay thank you Franz, I'll try that right away (I didn't want to spam their ticket system, but it is becoming critical because there is an error with the payment and my servers will be --automatically-- closed and deleted if we can't solve that in time).

• @MagniPhiCat said:

@Franzkafka said:
    Oh, something interesting is that a few days ago I opened a ticket with NB and they answered me quickly. While last time I reopened a ticket after it had been closed but no answers.So I guess there would be some mistakes in their help system.You should try to open a new ticket rather thanw reopen the old one.Hope this will help you.

Okay thank you Franz, I'll try that right away (I didn't want to spam their ticket system, but it is becoming critical because there is an error with the payment and my servers will be --automatically-- closed and deleted if we can't solve that in time).

Migrate away. Full. Stop.

• corbpiecorbpie Member

An unanswered ticket doesn’t always mean a poor service however it is worrying

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@MagniPhiCat said: What on Earth are even talking about in your nonsense comment?

If you search back, you'll see that NB has been in trouble for a while and the owner has posted here. This doesn't excuse the service letdown, of course.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • I wish Jay all the best. Great dude, shitty situation.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@MagniPhiCat said:

@Nekki said:

You are the one misreading written comments, and therefore replying with unjustified and groundless accusations, which I was merely raising in my reply.

Are you me from two weeks ago?

Also please lose this condescendant tone with me, I am not your boy.

Come to papa.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • VoidVoid Member

If you can wait two months, why not a few more?

Thanked by 2Nekki Boogeyman
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@jmaxwell said:
    If you can wait two months, why not a few more?

This is a healthy attitude to take.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • What do lowend guys smoke? I want that I want to go to moon like them. A good sysadmin can get $15-100 per hour depending on their expertise. Some even make more. Some random noob once told me Rack911 asked $100 just to check what went wrong which is roughly 10 minutes and another $1500 to fix it. And LET highest offer price is historically $7 p/m.

Considering the price point @seriesn is providing what do you expect for support? Even with unmanaged providers I know they get a lot of fix this fix that, install this install that. And then ticket bumper assholes.

Now add bandwidth, colocation, IP price, inflation. What's left for these provider? And small providers can't get good profit margin like large providers with mass production capacity which ultimately lowers the cost for big providers. Small Ultra lowend providers lose more money than they make

And do these idiots know what's high priority?
    High - Service is down losing millions
    Medium - Service has potential PMS, might go down if not taken care of.
    Low - Service is fine. Customer have PMS.

Thanks @VirMach

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • I think whenever such thread is posted there should be details about what the customer asked provider to do in their ticket. This way LET members can bash OP or provider depending on providers unmanaged nature/OPs stupidity and other factors. Otherwise such thread is PMS.

• Nobody is interested about the owners "struggles", this is business.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@noobjockeys said:
    Nobody is interested about the owners "struggles", this is business.

Excepts lots are, because @seriesn is one of us.

Conversely, no-one in interested in the Ops struggles because he is not one of us.

• @Nekki said: Excepts lots are, because @seriesn is one of us.

Unless the majority of his customers are from within LET nobody will have any loyalty to the owner. The vast majority of his customer IF they are from outside the LET bubble, wont give a shit, it's business.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@noobjockeys said:

@Nekki said: Excepts lots are, because @seriesn is one of us.

Unless the majority of his customers are from within LET nobody will have any loyalty to the owner. The vast majority of his customer IF they are from outside the LET bubble, wont give a shit, it's business.

This is LET though. Who gives a shit about the majority of the customers if they’re not here.

• Hence the recent negative reviews

@Nekki said: This is LET though. Who gives a shit about the majority of the customers if they’re not here.

>

LET owner will, they need more and more members, just think drama outside of LET actually brings them here because all LET is these days is a bitching platform for people to vent and complain about stuff.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
This discussion has been closed.