Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boomer.host is back! Amazing NEW DEALS on SSD VPS. From $4.95/YEAR with Dedicated IPv4 & /64 IPv6 - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boomer.host is back! Amazing NEW DEALS on SSD VPS. From $4.95/YEAR with Dedicated IPv4 & /64 IPv6

Comments

• pddpdd Member

All sold out!

• hello @ezeth my purchased Invoice # 20221856 and also send you pm on 30 march about my vps problem. it is not powering up can you please check it.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2022

@aniruddhnishad said:
    hello @ezeth my purchased Invoice # 20221856 and also send you pm on 30 march about my vps problem. it is not powering up can you please check it.

If it's not powering up (responding to ping, status is cached for 1 hour) then it's been suspended due to abuse

• edited April 2022

not pinging you can check it. https://ibb.co/pQS2FRP

• please unsuspend my service i was only reinstalling os. how it could bea abuse?

• @aniruddhnishad said:
    please unsuspend my service i was only reinstalling os. how it could bea abuse?

aren't you @ezeth respond my message?

I thought I responded to you in discord. Anyways If you spam the reinstall button when last reinstall isn't finished yet it breaks

• zedzed Member

@ezeth said:
    I thought I responded to you in discord. Anyways If you spam the reinstall button when last reinstall isn't finished yet it breaks

lol.

Thanked by 1Peppery9
  • @ezeth said:

then first you should fix your vps control panel because it keep saying server is started perform even for 10 minute or more lasted. is your machine really have ssd? i doubt?. well if you offering this kind of service then sorry from me. keep growing.

That’s how virtualizor works. It tells you reinstall is being done and if you spam reinstall button while it’s already reinstalling you will permanently break your VPS. I can’t do anything about that

• Im very well know how the virtualization works. I have 12 other vps from different providers and but they never suspend the server when i perform reinstall. im using their service more than 2 years without any complain. except you are admitting that your server hardware or service not good enough you are still stuck on spamming reinstall button. you could warn about it.

• @ezeth said:
    That’s how virtualizor works. It tells you reinstall is being done and if you spam reinstall button while it’s already reinstalling you will permanently break your VPS. I can’t do anything about that

we never, on purpose, "spam" reinstall button..

Thanked by 1aniruddhnishad
  • mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

yep, the end is nigh. i called it days ago.

Thanked by 1axman
  • eriseris Member
    edited April 2022

Any issue with the hardware?

Reinstall of VPS took over 1,5 hour :'(

Tried before distrubation update from Deb 10 to 11 and it took about 8 hours....

Thanked by 1clan
  • Could not retrieve server details.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@spiritlhl said:

Could not retrieve server details.

You’re doing it wrong then.

• dosaidosai Member

@Nekki said:

@spiritlhl said:

You should lurk on boom's discord.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@dosai said:

@Nekki said:

@spiritlhl said:

You should lurk on boom's discord.

Discord is a cancer

• I can't connect my vps, can't reload,
    please help me reinstall debian10

Invoice # 20222038

• @ezeth seems the panel online again? but no any vps in it...

https://admin.boomer.host:4083/

• NekkiNekki Veteran

DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA!

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @TonyLeung said:
    The server has been offline for more than a week, are you in the same situation?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@ask_seek_knock said:

@TonyLeung said:
    The server has been offline for more than a week, are you in the same situation?

What is the sitch?

• dane_dohertydane_doherty Member
    edited April 2022

@ezeth said: That’s how virtualizor works. It tells you reinstall is being done and if you spam reinstall button while it’s already reinstalling you will permanently break your VPS. I can’t do anything about that

lol what the fuck

also this

Thanked by 1aniruddhnishad
  • whats the time now?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@cybertech said:
    whats the time now?

CHICO TIME

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • SPSP Member

While I won't go so far to say that this behavior is inexcusable, it is certainly disconcerting. I am not a customer nor do I have any stake in the matter, but it seems to be there is a severe lack of communication. Whether that is because ezeth is overwhelmed, doesn't know how to handle the situation technically, or has stopped caring is unknown and I won't speculate. I have seen some public discussion that would indicate that number 2 is less likely than the others.

Putting out a public message would alleviate at least some of that.

I've been lurking in the discord some and there is very little official communication. He did mention something about 1) raising some KVM VMs and installing Virtualizor (I guess?), and moving some of the VZ VPS to those to get the host-vm-density down; or 2) transitioning people to KVM instead of VZ.

I think the first option sounds the best, as it wouldn't require people to reinstall and such, but I don't know if you can have KVM VMs on a Virtualizor node provisioned for OVZ. It should seemingly be trivial to raise a 32G VM and (assume) add it to the Virtualizor cluster, then migrate VMs to it. Rinse and repeat until you have "nodes' with less than 100 VMs (or whatever is appropriate).

I don't know ezeth, but what I have seen of him he seems to be a genuine person. I know what it's like getting hammered with tickets, requests, outages, and not having anyone else to pass things off to; that seems to be the case here. Just know there are people who can and will help you if you ask.

Thanked by 2axman dahartigan
    edited April 2022

@eris said: Reinstall of VPS took over 1,5 hour

Yeah. It's slow. And if someone reinstalls it again within that time period virtualizor just deletes their vps configuration and it won't start again. That's the issue all the people above are having.

While it's working for the majority of people, for some it's not working

Still for the intended use case, dedicated VPN for IPMI whitelisting it's fine. I'm using this VPS personally for boomer.host related business and have no issues, but sure SSH is SLOW AS FUCK.

I hope to solve this issue eventually. You can join the discord for more information https://discord.gg/tMmu3gCPPg

• @Nekki said:

@cybertech said:
    whats the time now?

CHICO TIME

chicohost, catchy

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@cybertech said:

@Nekki said:

@cybertech said:
    whats the time now?

CHICO TIME

chicohost, catchy

Definitely, but Chico is famously litigious, so we’d need to get him onboard and give him a cut of the profits.

This discussion has been closed.