Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boomer.host is back! Amazing NEW DEALS on SSD VPS. From $4.95/YEAR with Dedicated IPv4 & /64 IPv6 - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boomer.host is back! Amazing NEW DEALS on SSD VPS. From $4.95/YEAR with Dedicated IPv4 & /64 IPv6

Comments

• donlidonli Member

Has it gone BOOM yet?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jmaxwell said: I think one of the criteria was that the provider must have a real billing portal. (No email orders etc). Maybe no longer applicable after the introduction of Bilohbucks

Correct-a-mundo, compadre. The requirement was quietly removed once those sweet, sweet BilohBiucks started rolling in.

• @ezeth said:

@dahartigan said:

@fynix said:
    Boomer customers, please keep this with you at all times -> https://i.ibb.co/6tqjNGP/image.png :)

ROFL it's gold, right? Boom has to be hands down the most clueless "provider" to ever exist.

Do not understand

@ezeth said:

@jmaxwell said: No email orders

I do not understand

@ezeth said:

@ask_seek_knock said: no positive contribution to LET, but just discredits the forum.

I don't know about that. I bet I brought a lot of traffic and new members to LET. They say this forum is all about drama

This is where you take the turn from incompetent to malicious. Are you saying you engineered this shit show?

Thanked by 2MikeA cybertech
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2022

@donli said:
    Has it gone BOOM yet?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

I received a free VPS at boomer.host in February and would now like to cancel it, but I see no way to do this.
    So how do you cancel a VPS at boomer.host?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@FrankZ said:
    I received a free VPS at boomer.host in February and would now like to cancel it, but I see no way to do this.

I think doing a chargeback will be sufficient.

Thanked by 2axman dahartigan
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

BOOM

Thanked by 1SinV
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2022

@FrankZ said:

They'll be cancelled automatically at renewal. They're not renewable anymore as can be seen in client area. Once all have expired I will launch KVM solution and send an order link via email (it should be just a few days after expiration), and do some more offering. I'm sure it will go out of stock just like it did here within a few weeks. I'm thinking virtfusion at this point. I hope then things will get a lot more stable.

It's impossible to switch architecture without doing this but in the end it will be worth it.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • ErisaErisa Member

@ezeth said:

@FrankZ said:

They'll be cancelled automatically at renewal. They're not renewable anymore as can be seen in client area. Once all have expired I will launch KVM solution and send an order link via email (it should be just a few days after expiration), and do some more offering. I'm sure it will go out of stock just like it did here within a few weeks. I'm thinking virtfusion at this point

Waiting until they've all expired before launching your new product sounds inefficient. if you are able to launch it earlier, you should and shouldn't wait on those expirations.

Additionally, if there is some overlap you can allow your customers to migrate their data to the new services, without spending some amount of time with no service (Forcing them to migrate elsewhere in the interim)

Thanked by 3SinV FrankZ adly
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Erisa said:

@ezeth said:

@FrankZ said:

They'll be cancelled automatically at renewal. They're not renewable anymore as can be seen in client area. Once all have expired I will launch KVM solution and send an order link via email (it should be just a few days after expiration), and do some more offering. I'm sure it will go out of stock just like it did here within a few weeks. I'm thinking virtfusion at this point

Waiting until they've all expired before launching your new product sounds inefficient. if you are able to launch it earlier, you should and shouldn't wait on those expirations.

Additionally, if there is some overlap you can allow your customers to migrate their data to the new services, without spending some amount of time with no service (Forcing them to migrate elsewhere in the interim)

Neither matters at this point.
    There would be no customer left in either case.

Competent providers, such as VirMach, executed successful OpenVZ to KVM migration years ago.

@yoursunny said:

@Erisa said:

@ezeth said:

@FrankZ said:

Sure there would be.. In fact when offer was in stock I got 1 order per minute.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ezeth said:

@yoursunny said:

@Erisa said:

@ezeth said:

@FrankZ said:

1 order per minute from bots and spammers and MJJs.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@ezeth said:

@FrankZ said:

They'll be cancelled automatically at renewal. They're not renewable anymore as can be seen in client area. Once all have expired I will launch KVM solution and send an order link via email (it should be just a few days after expiration), and do some more offering. I'm sure it will go out of stock just like it did here within a few weeks. I'm thinking virtfusion at this point. I hope then things will get a lot more stable.

It's impossible to switch architecture without doing this but in the end it will be worth it.

BOOM!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@ezeth said:

@yoursunny said:

@Erisa said:

@ezeth said:

@FrankZ said:

BOOM! BOOM!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@ezeth said:

@FrankZ said:

I saw that it said it was not renewable in the client panel, but wanted to make sure it did not renew. As quite frankly it is not even good enough for a VPN. I have shut it down and will write it off. Thanks for the free trial, even if it did not work out. You confirming that I will not be billed for renewal is good enough for me. Best of luck in your future endeavors I hope eventually it works out for you and your customers.

• VoidVoid Member

@Nekki said:

@ezeth said:

@yoursunny said:

@Erisa said:

@ezeth said:

@FrankZ said:

BOOM! BOOM!

KABOOM

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@ezeth said:

And how you were handling spam ? Then 1 phishing report every minute ? Or you just do echo "" > phishing.report every time you get them ?

edited May 2022

@Saahib said:

@ezeth said:

And how you were handling spam ? Then 1 phishing report every minute ? Or you just do echo "" > phishing.report every time you get them ?

I have anti abuse software for CPU, IO, and SSH brute force as well as block port 25. There’s only been abuse reports when one big customer got hacked but anti abuse software quickly suspended them.

Besides I force 3D secure CC only so they can not fake their identity and do not accept paypal or crypto

• fynixfynix Member

@ezeth said: I will launch KVM solution

I bet @dahartigan can't wait to jump on this and be a very happy customer :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@ezeth said:

@Saahib said:

@ezeth said:

I have anti abuse software for CPU, IO, and SSH brute force as well as block port 25. There’s only been abuse reports when one big customer got hacked but anti abuse software quickly suspended them.

Besides I force 3D secure CC only so they can not fake their identity and do not accept paypal or crypto

BOOM! BOOM! BOOOOOOOM!

• fynixfynix Member

@ezeth said:

@Saahib said:

@ezeth said:

All that for unreliable and unstable services.

Thanked by 2SinV dahartigan
    edited May 2022

@fynix said:

@ezeth said:

@Saahib said:

@ezeth said:

Of course this was never the plan. The server is barely used but OpenVZ just can’t handle the amount of VMs well. Same goes for virtualizor

• @ezeth said:

@fynix said:

@ezeth said:

@Saahib said:

@ezeth said:

Of course this was never the plan. The server is barely used but OpenVZ just can’t handle the amount of VMs well. Same goes for virtualizor

More bullshit excuses. FFS.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@ezeth said:

@fynix said:

@ezeth said:

@Saahib said:

@ezeth said:

BOOOOOOOOOOM BOOOOOM BOOOOOM BOOOOOOOM, I WANT YOU IN MY ROOM.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Boom reckons openvz and virtualizor aren't suitable for running multiple services, yet that is exactly what they are designed to do when configured correctly.

What a shit show. I really think you need to humble yourself a little and accept that you have a very long way to go before you will have the minimal skills required to run a hosting provider that charges for the service.

Blaming your tools is pathetic- it's a tried and tested stack that many many successful providers use. You just seem to be the only one who can't get it right. Even cociu had it worked out.

It's borderline scamming at this point. False advertising at best.

• fynixfynix Member

The free services provided by Neoon are way better and more reliable than the paid services offered by boomer. I think everyone will agree to this.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2022

@ezeth said: Of course this was never the plan. The server is barely used but OpenVZ just can’t handle the amount of VMs well. Same goes for virtualizor

If this is the problem you might be better off setting up x number of openVZ VPSes in a few KVM VMs, aka slabbing. Not the best way to go about it, but what do you have to lose at this point.

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@dahartigan said:
    Boom reckons openvz and virtualizor aren't suitable for running multiple services, yet that is exactly what they are designed to do when configured correctly.

You’re talking out of your ass.

There’s ~30k processes running. OpenVZ doesn’t scale well here. Just ask @Francisco

• donlidonli Member

@ezeth said:

People have been moving from OpenVZ to KVM for reasons.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @fynix said:
    The free services provided by Neoon are way better and more reliable than the paid services offered by boomer. I think everyone will agree to this.

I 100% agree. @Neoon runs an amazing service, it's almost perfect in fact.

@ezeth said:

@dahartigan said:
    Boom reckons openvz and virtualizor aren't suitable for running multiple services, yet that is exactly what they are designed to do when configured correctly.

You’re talking out of your ass.

There’s ~30k processes running. OpenVZ doesn’t scale well here. Just ask @Francisco

Don't blame OpenVZ, and don't bring @Francisco into this to try and somehow blame him too. Jesus, dude.

Thanked by 1axman
This discussion has been closed.