Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boomer.host is back! Amazing NEW DEALS on SSD VPS. From $4.95/YEAR with Dedicated IPv4 & /64 IPv6 - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boomer.host is back! Amazing NEW DEALS on SSD VPS. From $4.95/YEAR with Dedicated IPv4 & /64 IPv6

Comments

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

There’s no point in talking to a wall..

• @ezeth said:

Now you're blaming the wall.

Thanked by 2drizbo Frameworks
  • @dahartigan said:

@ezeth said:

Now you're blaming the wall.

Actually yes its a wall bug or rather a brick bug

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • paging for @Francisco to tear the wall down 🤭

Thanked by 2equalz dahartigan
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@cybertech said:
    paging for @Francisco to tear the wall down 🤭

Boomer is correct, 30k is basically kissing the limit OVZ lists.

We never got past 3k - 4k running processes as you could always feel the lag, even if there was lots of resources spare.

Francisco

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@dahartigan said:

@fynix said:
    The free services provided by Neoon are way better and more reliable than the paid services offered by boomer. I think everyone will agree to this.

I 100% agree. @Neoon runs an amazing service, it's almost perfect in fact.

No its not perfect and it will never be, however its close.

• @Neoon said:

@dahartigan said:

@fynix said:
    The free services provided by Neoon are way better and more reliable than the paid services offered by boomer. I think everyone will agree to this.

I 100% agree. @Neoon runs an amazing service, it's almost perfect in fact.

Almost perfect.

@Francisco said:

@cybertech said:
    paging for @Francisco to tear the wall down 🤭

Boomer is correct, 30k is basically kissing the limit OVZ lists.

We never got past 3k - 4k running processes as you could always feel the lag, even if there was lots of resources spare.

Francisco

Sounds like boom is running his shit way past spec and expecting it to work?

• donlidonli Member

@Neoon said:

You might even call it Freemium.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ezeth said:

@dahartigan said:
    Boom reckons openvz and virtualizor aren't suitable for running multiple services, yet that is exactly what they are designed to do when configured correctly.

You’re talking out of your ass.

There’s ~30k processes running. OpenVZ doesn’t scale well here.

Hmm. Do you really think KVM is an upgrade? If so why?

256MB KVM doesn't make much sense at all since the kernel will eat a big chunk of ram.

I never understood why people prefer KVMs. With OpenVZ you get a cheaper VPS with the ability to run pretty much all applications such as wireguard with kernel support, dockers etc.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3371760/#Comment_3371760

This is why I like Openvz7 so much. You can upgrade/downgrade your storage, ram, anything without rebooting, resizing or any hassle. For KVM upgrading should work fine, but I don't know about downgrading disk

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3258159/#Comment_3258159

• zedzed Member

just got tired of being restricted to the host's ancient kernel, is why i eventually let all my cheap ovz's expire. also stopped keeping track of ovz so no idea how current is current anymore.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

boooooooooooooOoOOOoOooOooOooOoOOom

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2022

@yoursunny said:

@ezeth said:

@dahartigan said:
    Boom reckons openvz and virtualizor aren't suitable for running multiple services, yet that is exactly what they are designed to do when configured correctly.

You’re talking out of your ass.

There’s ~30k processes running. OpenVZ doesn’t scale well here.

Hmm. Do you really think KVM is an upgrade? If so why?

256MB KVM doesn't make much sense at all since the kernel will eat a big chunk of ram.

I never understood why people prefer KVMs. With OpenVZ you get a cheaper VPS with the ability to run pretty much all applications such as wireguard with kernel support, dockers etc.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3371760/#Comment_3371760

This is why I like Openvz7 so much. You can upgrade/downgrade your storage, ram, anything without rebooting, resizing or any hassle. For KVM upgrading should work fine, but I don't know about downgrading disk

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3258159/#Comment_3258159

Usually firewall issues, too. I gave up on openvz years ago after it breaking firewalld for like the third time. Other software providers gave up support due to the hassles of working around openvz specific issues.

And to use wireguard as an example of new software, it's easier and supported faster than having to spend resources dealing with openvz that comes later with hassles or overhead.

Oh, and old kernels. Fuck old kernels.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • i13i13 Member
    edited May 2022

thanks for the aweful slow server.
    more than 5 mins and sudo update commend is going on.
    waste of money.
    oversold like crazy.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Dearest chums, I implore you; walk away.

You money has already been taken, and it is not going to be returned; don’t let the same occur to your time, a far more precious commodity.

• @Nekki said:

You money has already been taken, and it is not going to be returned; don’t let the same occur to your time, a far more precious commodity.

Thank you sir, but I have an inquiry I most impose upon you. Does boomerhost offer free bush trimming?

• @Nekki said:

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • @doghouch said:

@Nekki said:

Defuse this situation by asking everyone what command they ran

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@CheepCluck said:

@doghouch said:

@Nekki said:

Defuse this situation by asking everyone what command they ran

sudo find / -delete

@CheepCluck said:
    Your Counterfeit Provider Tag resource comrade.
    Located in the mens bathroom at the Omaha Greyhound Bus Terminal, 3rd stall to the left.
    @Nekki
    Your banter is appreciated.

Signature violates rules.
    Banter @angstrom or pay $200 to get an exception.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@CheepCluck said:

@Nekki said:

Thank you sir, but I have an inquiry I most impose upon you. Does boomerhost offer free bush trimming?

I am afraid I am quite unaware of the service offered by said provider, however given the feedback received within this thread I would be hesitant to place one’s Crown Jewels in @ezeth’s care.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • VoidVoid Member

@Nekki said:

@CheepCluck said:

@Nekki said:

I am afraid I am quite unaware of the service offered by said provider, however given the feedback received within this thread I would be hesitant to place one’s Crown Jewels in @ezeth’s care.

You really got neutered

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

@CheepCluck said:

@Nekki said:

You really got neutered

Quite so, old chap, quite so, but what can one do when placed in this very predicament?

Thanked by 2Void dahartigan
  • $4.95 server has been surprisingly stable for the past several months. Except that I can’t log in to control panel or billing account

• Will there be post-BF sales?

• I request a double Monthly Transfer

• @jmaxwell said:
    $4.95 server has been surprisingly stable for the past several months. Except that I can’t log in to control panel or billing account

I thought boom deadpooled already

• @jmaxwell said:
    $4.95 server has been surprisingly stable for the past several months. Except that I can’t log in to control panel or billing account

Is it that new users are not increasing but existing users are decreasing, so the server load is decreasing and stabilizing?

• @jmaxwell said:

Yes

Mine too

But apt-upgrade can take forever 😂😂😂

Can be done in an hour

• @add_iT said:

@jmaxwell said:

Yes

Mine too

Can be done in an hour

Ah well
    mine just runs wireguard and it works fine for watching US content in streaming apps and so on. IP is residential I think

• nice.

• @add_iT said:

Yes

Mine too

Can be done in an hour

welkambek mztah ;)

This discussion has been closed.