Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

serverius.net free 1TB (1€ setup fee) EuroStack cloud storage - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

serverius.net free 1TB (1€ setup fee) EuroStack cloud storage

Comments

• @oriend said:
    Terrible host. I just saw someone wrote on their discord to clarify which answer is valid regarding the new terms and their application, and they said those are the same answer haha. What a joke.

So they have secret terms restricting the use of their products.

@xetsys said:
    F wont even delete my account. Told me to delete data, but I didn't have any. Only created the storage space/namespace. And when I click on delete, I get "Internal Server Error".

@Shot2 said:
    Funny thing: if asking to close your account, they "can not"... until you delete all your data. Which if you had uploaded many files, will now cost you hundreds of dollars. (And take many weeks, due to their flawed backend being slow as hell - a transient issue according to their discord).
    Nice trick! :D

I am in the same situation.

I got a reply that the errors need to be fixed by an engineer and they will notify me when it is done.

• And that kids is how LET cheap f*ckers ruin completely good and free service + bashing perfectly fine and premium host

Thanked by 2cmeerw mrTom
  • @amarc said:
    And that kids is how LET cheap f*ckers ruin completely good and free service + bashing perfectly fine and premium host

The company ruined it all by itself like a champ, by unilaterally altering its offer within days of launching it, while being in breach of its very own T&C, while self-contradicting in its public comments. Grrrreat PR success

• oriendoriend Member
    edited December 2021

LET cheap fckers are indeed to blame. First they ssh into "premium host" servers and changed the offer once they paid with their own cards. Then they introduced a bunch of new limitations on the storage they bought, because why the fck you shouldn't change TOS and since they did it themselves, they don't need to inform anyone in advance.

All that wasn't enough for them, so they started to impersonate "CEO" and the support giving two different type of answers to additionally confuse themselves. Along the way, they even had a courage to delete some poor guy's account, because he shared the reply everybody else wanted to know, but beside that he allegedly put a coal in the Christmas sock of one employee of this premium host, although that's only a speculation.

Luckily, after all, this is a premium host, so they handled the situation premium style.

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited December 2021

@amarc said:
    And that kids is how LET cheap f*ckers ruin completely good and free service + bashing perfectly fine and premium host

This isn't completely free they charge €1.2 and store credit cards, then they suddenly change terms and add restrictions and even by now not everything is clear yet.

For example:

• Given the 100GB monthly bandwidth limit 1TB can't really be used for free without knowing exactly ‏how long this plan will last. Given such a limit it could take 10 months to upload 1TB and another 10 months to move it elsewhere. So an answer like "maybe a year" isn't serious.

• Whatever happens, is there any risk our data will be taken hostage in case we choose not to continue to a paid plan?? Is payment auto renewed upon plan expiration?

• Do company reserve the right to extra-charge our credit cards in case we exceed any quota (monthly bandwidth/rate limit etc) or in any other case? Is there at all an option to exceed quotas?

We can't really use this service before getting clear answers.
    Offering free services is nice and I'm sure we're all thankful - but it's about our precious data and our cards more than anything else. After all, our data is worth much more than €1.2, so potential troubles with our cards.
    We're also a party to this deal, we're not risk-free beneficiaries so after bowing in thanks for this almost-free deal we still deserve transparency.

• TBH: Everybody should be able to get along when his data get hostaged on a host's platform where he paid 1.2€ for "lifetime". Because of the price this can only be a backup of a backup of a backup location. (I don't want to put the other things into perspective)

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2021

It's a trap to get customer's bank access, then charge later when changing terms.

Thanked by 1SpeedTest
  • @zappata said: TBH: Everybody should be able to get along when his data get hostaged on a host's platform where he paid 1.2€ for "lifetime". Because of the price this can only be a backup of a backup of a backup location. (I don't want to put the other things into perspective)

Sure - that was my (and probably many other people plan) - use it as cold storage for idk, rotated 3-4 monthly encrypted backups... but with them changing the rules just days after launch, sending different messages all the time, no official communication (package renamed, everything goes on some fucking Discord - like what?) and acting like that this is not worth anyone time anymore - one day you will see your "bill" adjusted to some absurd money because they silently changed rules again.

I mean I have no idea what they were thinking about advertising this as lifetime 1TB and not expect getting this shit abused by all kinds of people. Like, is this your first day on the Internet?

• @JabJab said:
    this shit abused by all kinds of people

Which abuse? Do you have evidence of any abuse?

• @JabJab said: advertising this as lifetime 1TB and not expect getting this shit abused

right, so now everyone is complaining that they can't abuse a 1 TB test/trial plan as a lifetime 1 TB storage plan? Like, is this your first day on the Internet?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • frogfrog Barred
    edited December 2021

@zappata said:
    TBH: Everybody should be able to get along when his data get hostaged on a host's platform where he paid 1.2€ for "lifetime". Because of the price this can only be a backup of a backup of a backup location. (I don't want to put the other things into perspective)

You forget the fact that they have denied me to terminate/cancel the service before I have deleted the data myself.
    And their platform does not work properly, so I can't delete the two empty buckets they want me to delete.

Thanked by 3Shot2 xetsys SpeedTest
  • @frog said:

@zappata said:
    TBH: Everybody should be able to get along when his data get hostaged on a host's platform where he paid 1.2€ for "lifetime". Because of the price this can only be a backup of a backup of a backup location. (I don't want to put the other things into perspective)

You forget the fact that they have denied me to terminate/cancel the service before I have deleted the data myself.
    And their platform does not work properly, so I can't delete the two empty buckets they want me to delete.

Any possibility of good will is out of the equation considering they dont want to terminate accounts gracefully. Its very convenient for them that the buckets error happen to occur exactly when we want to terminate account. I wont be surprised if they saved the billing details and used them to their advantage irrespective of the morality concerns. Time to launch complaint with the bank for fraud and new card replacement.

Thanked by 1frog
  • Did people really think that 1 TB for $1 would last a "lifetime"?

Thanked by 1cmeerw
  • @arifur said:
    Did people really think that 1 TB for $1 would last a "lifetime"?

Offcourse, there are many "decent" VPN and storage offers on stacksocial.com for same thing

https://stacksocial.com/search?utf8=✓&query=vpn
    https://stacksocial.com/search?cat=450&query=Cloud+Storage

• So, is it like Hotel California for S3 storage?

• @arifur said:

Ikr. They didn't expect this "premium" host will add a bunch of limitations after the contract was already signed and paid, without noticing anyone in advance either, yet here we are.

• @oriend said:

@arifur said:

Ikr. They didn't expect this "premium" host will add a bunch of limitations after the contract was already signed and paid, without noticing anyone in advance either, yet here we are.

I think its actually a good thing that they changed their terms at the start. If they changed their terms, let's say six months down the road, many people would have to pay to get their data back.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2021

@arifur said:

@oriend said:

@arifur said:

I think its actually a good thing that they changed their terms at the start. If they changed their terms, let's say six months down the road, many people would have to pay to get their data back.

Changing terms is always bad.

If a provider really needs to change terms in a way that affects current services, they can do it with the start of next billing period, while also informing customers by at least 2 months in advance using email messages. This way provider can avoid any break of current contract (which was paid for) while also displaying courtesy (offering the customers time to make an informed decision, or take away their own data if need be).

Serverius.net did none of these things. So it appears as an obvious scam, tricking people in becoming their customers, to charge customer's bank afterwards by changing terms as they see fit.

Thanked by 3SpeedTest pbx frog
  • @default said: Changing terms is always bad.

What terms have they actually changed? Do you have a detailed description that specifically says that the free plan doesn't have any restrictions?

When looking at previous versions of the web site I see web.archive.org/web/20211202235238/https://my.serverius.net/store/eurostack/ which doesn't say much more than just "1TB storage". The other page with detailed description of the paid plans at web.archive.org/web/20211202231448/https://serverius.net/eurostack/ doesn't mention the free plan, so it's questionable that it actually applies to the free plan, but people were very happy to just assume that the description there would also apply to the "free plan" on the other page?

Yes, it could have been made clearer, but they are certainly not the first provider who offer a free plan with more restrictions than a paid plan.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @JabJab said:

I mean I have no idea what they were thinking about advertising this as lifetime 1TB and not expect getting this shit abused by all kinds of people. Like, is this your first day on the Internet?

So you are admitting that you look around ways to abuse a provider's resources/ services whenever possible?

Let's not being in "others" how they abuse shit on Internet...

• frogfrog Barred
    edited December 2021

@cmeerw said:

@default said: Changing terms is always bad.

What terms have they actually changed? Do you have a detailed description that specifically says that the free plan doesn't have any restrictions?

It is illegal advertising when a business doesn't write all the terms for a hosting service. It gives you the right to terminate the contract and ask for a refund.

When looking at previous versions of the web site I see web.archive.org/web/20211202235238/https://my.serverius.net/store/eurostack/ which doesn't say much more than just "1TB storage". The other page with detailed description of the paid plans at web.archive.org/web/20211202231448/https://serverius.net/eurostack/ doesn't mention the free plan, so it's questionable that it actually applies to the free plan, but people were very happy to just assume that the description there would also apply to the "free plan" on the other page?

If you had read the thread, you would have seen screenshots from their backend where they have changed the service several times without any notification.

I have also posted this support response from them:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3342697#Comment_3342697

The above is a violation of their own terms and the agreement we made with them when we bought the service.

Read the thread instead of making conclusions based on ignorance.

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • @cmeerw said:

@default said: Changing terms is always bad.

Now the restrictions are clear, previously not, and in invoice there is no limited time

https://my.serverius.net/store/eurostack

So. they changed

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited December 2021

The joke is still strong with them: they won't cancel a customer account upon request, according to their staff the customer must remove all S3 user accounts, and their respective buckets of data. But you can't remove a S3 user account if it still owns a bucket. And when trying to delete a bucket: "Internal Server Error". What kind of basement host is that :D

Thanked by 1frog
  • Do We Need A Lawer,
    So My Configuration is EuroStack Free Tier,

but i see nothing saying what i get for free.

Choose the package you want to upgrade/downgrade your current package to from the options below.

Current Configuration:
    EuroStack - cloud storage - ES - EuroStack Free Tier

New Configuration:

EuroStack - cloud storage - ES - EuroStack Standard Tier
    A pay-per-use usage service model where you are charged by the number of stored Gigabytes + the number of consumed HTTP requests + the data-traffic volume in TB, where uploads to your storage are free of charge.

S3, object, file storage pricing

0 up to 20TB is 0.009 euro per GB per month

20TB up to 50TB is 0.008 euro per GB per month

50TB up to 100TB is 0.007 euro per GB per month

100TB is 0.006 euro per GB per month

The pricing is tiered. In case of 22000 GB usage, the first 20480 GB (20 TB) will be billed at 0.009 euro per GB, and the rest 1520 GB are billed at 0.008 euro per GB.

Outgoing HTTP request pricing
    The one million HTTP requests are free. Each GET and PUT request type has its own limit of 1 million free requests. For example, if you’ve had 0.8 million GET and 0.7 million PUT requests, you’re still within your free limit.

In case you do exceed 1 million requests, the extra requests will be charged at only 0.0003 Euro per 1000 HTTP requests..

Outgoing data-traffic pricing

First 200GB is free

200 GB up to 1TB is 0.0009 euro per GB

10TB up to 50TB is 0.0008 euro per GB

50TB up to 50TB is 0.0007 euro per GB

Above 50TB is 0.0006 euro per GB

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2021

@painfreepc said:
    Do We Need A Lawer?

• The support is useless

We should probably contact Mr. Gijs van Gemert directly. He has to know what's going on and how his workers ruin his company reputation.

Gijs van Gemert
    CEO
    Voip: +31(0)887378305
    Mob/Signal: +31(0)657887267
    Language: English, Dutch.
    Telegram ID: gijsvangemert
    Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gijsvangemert
    Email:[email protected]

As the main responsible at Serverius, Sercurius, SpeedIX, etc, People can contact me from 9:00 to 21:00 (+1 GMT) to discuss everything that's related to Serverius or one of its labels.

Thanked by 1giang
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@SpeedTest said: We should probably contact Mr. Gijs van Gemert directly. He has to know what's going on and how his workers ruin his company reputation.

Indeed, serverius is a serious company and they botched this really badly, someone has to be held accountable.

• @Maounique said: they botched this really badly

It seems that they try to offer many different services on top of their main business, but don't do so thoroughly. Some guys thinks "Hey, let's try this, this might work!", and they they launch the product even if the interface is buggy and even though the plans they offer haven't been considered carefully.

Shit then has to hit the fan.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2021

@pbx said:

@Maounique said: they botched this really badly

It seems that they try to offer many different services on top of their main business, but don't do so thoroughly. Some guys thinks "Hey, let's try this, this might work!", and they they launch the product even if the interface is buggy and even though the plans they offer haven't been considered carefully.

Shit then has to hit the fan.

Many people do that, this is LET :P But I expect then to own it and keep the offer on at least for the people who got it, at least for some time, like a year. Everyone would understand that. Call it beta test and everyone is happy, serverius gets a lot of love.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • For all those insisting that Eurostack be offered as is, just want to see another provider deadpool... that's all.

So hypothetically they do honor existing accounts and boom, next year they go out of business. I am not trying to take side of the businesses, but hey, if you need free stuff in future, please be kind and understanding...

This is not even worty of popcorn..

Jeez....