Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 95
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@randomq said:
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone had the "new locations" bundle provisioned yet?

No, we haven't gotten to those yet :)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@randomq said:
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone had the "new locations" bundle provisioned yet?

Don't think so mate.

If they have, these pages will be filled with benchmarks by now.

Thanked by 2randomq webcraft
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2020

@randomq said:

Mine hasn't. I ordered the new locations bundle, the 10x locations bundle with 1GB RAM, the 500GB storage in London and the 2TB storage in Chicago. So far only the London storage has been provisioned. I think some of them did say "up to 10 business days" when I ordered so they're still within that time frame.

Thanked by 1randomq
  • dragonfskydragonfsky Member
    edited December 2020

@airinf said:
    I'm speaking for a reason that I ordered three servers in your house, and at first there was a $17 payment that your system couldn't show, which led me to have to pay again, obviously something went wrong with your system, and I sent two tickets in a row to explain, and you didn't care until I paid all the bills, you said the money was in balance, and I tried to ask for a refund and you refused. I think it's your system problems and labor delays that make my money unavailable, and you should give me a refund. But you have repeatedly refused special sales for non-refundable reasons. Do you think it makes sense?

@cdrive said:

@davi said:

@cdrive said:

@davi said:

@cdrive said:

@davi said:

@hosthatch said:

@Falzo said:
    might be considered hairsplitting or not but I am pretty sure @hosthatch would have worked things out with you if you stayed in a private discussion and more important waited patiently for the time to come and discuss this matters. of course this would be rather after every new orders were provided.

And without the constant guilt trips of "you took a u turn" and constant passive aggressive insults along with 3 paragraphs in each message.

Like anyone else, I have my limits on how much I am willing to bend over backwards over this amount of money.

You posted PM so please read it again with time stamp of message and tone of language and judge yourself who is crossing whose limit. My last message is when you crossed all limits with ego of provider.

@davi what will you gain out of this/ what is your expectation of out this argument/ what do you plan to achieve with this and how does this satisfy you, personally? (just curious).

I just want to put this messed up story with my point of view where provider make communication mistake and then do false promise and finally react randomly with personal ego. I know many will not agree with me and that is not my target but I am sure I will be able to convince few reasonable members that it was not all my mistake. And if while doing this I found some mistake from my side then it will help me to improve myself.

so basically you are on the mission to prove someone/something wrong in order to improve yourself?

added: may I know if that is your end-game?

Partially agree with your first sentence as target is not just to improve myself but I am ready for this by-product also.

thank you and I rest my case here.

Sorry to interrupt your rest, I am here to tell you that you are wrong.
    the $3 never went into #218449 as credits :p Before #218449, my balance has been incorrect, the 3$ has been lost, so it never went into #218449 as credit.
    Just to make you understand that you are wrong :* I just hope you realize your mistake

• @cdrive said:
    to all - on an additional note, we should've had processed (processed! not 'activate' in my statement) most of the simple orders (as in followed the sales instructions without 'abcdefgxyz' questions on downgrade/upgrade/free IPs/free additional specs/ etc).

If you've not received any response to your ticket on such simple orders, please PM me your ticket number & account id (email id) so that we may have a look into it. thank you.

Does this also include direct URL flash sales?

edited December 2020

@berkay said:

@cdrive said:
    to all - on an additional note, we should've had processed (processed! not 'activate' in my statement) most of the simple orders (as in followed the sales instructions without 'abcdefgxyz' questions on downgrade/upgrade/free IPs/free additional specs/ etc).

If you've not received any response to your ticket on such simple orders, please PM me your ticket number & account id (email id) so that we may have a look into it. thank you.

Does this also include direct URL flash sales?

It does not. It includes specifically and exactly, only, what Gen said.

Thanked by 3berkay benj0x Ouji
  • @cdrive said: processed

just to clarify once more, because I think people still might understand it wrong:

by now you went through all the orders which came in via ticket and eventually created an invoice, so that the service will appear in the dashboard with status 'finalising' - right?

it does not neccessarily mean 'provisioned' (aka activated), though some might be already.

also the ticket in such a simple case most likely has been answered with a standard message and was closed - at least that would be the case for me. ✔👍

in any case, thanks already on the status update! much appreciated ;-)

@Falzo said: it does not neccessarily mean 'provisioned' (aka activated), though some might be already.

Exactly :)

Thanked by 3Falzo the_doctor arda
  • @hosthatch said:

said: it does not neccessarily mean 'provisioned' (aka activated), though some might be already.

Exactly :)

I see. I got my Stockholm today but its status is "stopped" and I wasn't able to start it.
    Probably that mean it's still not yet activated.

BTW for the renewal of the first 1 gb bundle (Am,STO,Chi). do I need to manually ask for the refund each yr ?

• SpeedTestSpeedTest Member
    edited December 2020

I have got 3 of 6 servers and they are great!

@hosthatch should I open a ticket about ipv6 now or wait a little? I don't like to bother the people at a busy time

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2020

@PandoGulf said: I see. I got my Stockholm today but its status is "stopped" and I wasn't able to start it.

I guess you just need to (re)install it and then you're ready to go...

@PandoGulf said: BTW for the renewal of the first 1 gb bundle (Am,STO,Chi). do I need to manually ask for the refund each yr ?

can also only guess on that one, but would assume, they first went through all tickets to make sure they have every order as such in the system queued up. from that queue everything is going to be provisioned.

probably only after that they might go through everything again an adjust billing details like amounts and starting dates.

@PandoGulf said:
    BTW for the renewal of the first 1 gb bundle (Am,STO,Chi). do I need to manually ask for the refund each yr ?

No, just the first time. Renewal will be the discounted price, we just won't allow single server cancellations if bought in a bundle together.

@SpeedTest said:
    @hosthatch should I open a ticket about ipv6 now or wait a little? I don't like to bother the people at a busy time

Would be easier for everyone if you opened a ticket after all your servers are provisioned so we can do it all at once for you, instead of per server. But your call - however you feel fit :)

• jokotanjokotan Member
    edited December 2020
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2020

@hosthatch said:

@PandoGulf said:

No, just the first time. Renewal will be the discounted price, we just won't allow single server cancellations if bought in a bundle together.

Interesting, I didn't realise the bundled servers were not individually cancellable. It's understandable, but just different to how some other providers handle it (where they add the bundle as individual servers at the discounted unit price, and you can cancel any of them)

edited December 2020

@Daniel15 said:
    Interesting, I didn't realise the bundled servers were not individually cancellable. It's understandable, but just different to how some other providers handle it (where they add the bundle as individual servers at the discounted unit price, and you can cancel any of them)

Sure, just contact us in that case and we will remove the bundle discount and make them individual servers. We can't give you a bundle discount if there is no bundle anymore :)

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Sure, just contact us in that case and we will remove the bundle discount and make >them individual servers. We can't give you a bundle discount if there is no bundle >anymore :)

Fair enough !

• @hosthatch said:

@Daniel15 said:

Sure, just contact us in that case and we will remove the bundle discount and make them individual servers. We can't give you a bundle discount if there is no bundle anymore :)

Got it. Would that be at a "Black Friday sale price" or at your regular monthly prices?

Some other providers let you keep the bundle discount even if you don't keep every server in the bundle, but I guess they're just being very generous.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@hosthatch said:

@opshk said:
    Are these plans upgradable while keeping the promo price?

Yes

If I'm not wrong, it means anyone with Plan 1 (2GB Ram) from NVMe deals can upgrade to the bigger NVMe plans on the promo price here in this thread, right ?? Can anyone confirm ?? Sorry for asking this, but everyone made the things so puzzling, all on a sudden it buzzed in my head.

edited December 2020

@Daniel15 said:

Got it. Would that be at a "Black Friday sale price" or at your regular monthly prices?

BF prices

Some other providers let you keep the bundle discount even if you don't keep every server in the bundle, but I guess they're just being very generous.

Honestly I don't think anyone does this type of pricing at all, even at BF, for the same amount of resources. We make 0 money on those bundles, so I don't see why anyone would want to shoot themselves in the foot too. We are doing them because we want to get the word out about our newer locations.

I'm sure there's providers who let you keep the bundle discount without a bundle - but then it won't be similar resources and with ipv4 etc. So not an apples to apples comparison. And I agree they are being very generous by doing that.

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: If I'm not wrong, it means anyone with Plan 1 (2GB Ram) from NVMe deals can upgrade to the bigger NVMe plans on the promo price here in this thread, right ?? Can anyone confirm ?? Sorry for asking this, but everyone made the things so puzzling, all on a sudden it buzzed in my head.

Yes that is correct, only for the plans in the OP. Not flash plans, they cannot be changed in any way.

• @hosthatch if i would like to upgrade from 8 GB RAM to 16 GB with the all new specs, that's require a server reinstall, is that right?

@SpeedTest said:
    @hosthatch if i would like to upgrade from 8 GB RAM to 16 GB with the all new specs, that's require a server reinstall, is that right?

No it won’t, just a reboot and disk resize depending on your OS

Thanked by 2SpeedTest _Nic
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2020

@hosthatch said:

@SpeedTest said:
    @hosthatch if i would like to upgrade from 8 GB RAM to 16 GB with the all new specs, that's require a server reinstall, is that right?

No it won’t, just a reboot and disk resize depending on your OS

"But... but... Hosthatch... my /dev/vda1 is still only 10 GB. plz h4lp."

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited December 2020

Got my server in Sweden delivered on a Sunday, nothing else to say. Thanks @hosthatch!
    PS: Mind that workdays are considered Monday to Friday.

• Looks like the VMs in Stockholm do not have IPv6. Is this supposed to be the case?

• SpeedTestSpeedTest Member
    edited December 2020

@redgreenblue said: Looks like the VMs in Stockholm do not have IPv6. Is this supposed to be the case?

all VMs don't have ipv6, you have to open a ticket for that

Would be easier for everyone if you opened a ticket after all your servers are provisioned so we can do it all at once for you, instead of per server.

• @SpeedTest Thanks for the info. Didn't realize that. In any case, I have opened a ticket.

I do hope that @hosthatch support does really improve. I previously had a Hosthatch VM in LA that had IPv6 one day and lost IPv6 on another day, and it was never resolved after months. I just let the VM expire.

• edited December 2020

Sadly, I got the ticket answered and Gen will not make an exception for me.

So be friendly, @hosthatch Please do refund to me and cancel the invoice.

I don't have any plan to buy your service with normal price at this time.

YOU SHOULD PUT AT BIG RED TEXT ABOUT "OUT OF STOCK" AT THE 1ST POST NEXT TIME.

For everyone: He put the red text 6 hours after I purchased his service few days ago, I don't know it's out of stock, he mention about out of stock on page 23 :(

Thank you,

• @webmasteroffers said: YOU SHOULD PUT AT BIG RED TEXT ABOUT "OUT OF STOCK" AT THE 1ST POST NEXT TIME.

Thank you,

Thanked by 2Ouji lsd
  • @saibal said:

@webmasteroffers said: YOU SHOULD PUT AT BIG RED TEXT ABOUT "OUT OF STOCK" AT THE 1ST POST NEXT TIME.

Thank you,

He is smoking weed.. not even read the OP..