Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 92
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• @hosthatch said:

@freddy said: Lets get on. Please understand, i spent Saturday attempting setting a service up and it was indeed a network fault, missing internet access. that was the only other emergency ticket opened

Buddy, the network not working on a fresh (promo) VM is not an emergency. You are not losing your millions of $ yet. Our 'emergency' ticket is not just a random tickbox, it spams the hell out of our slack channel so someone can take care of it asap. We don't appreciate that feature being abused.

Understood. Sorry

@freddy said: Micke did miss communicate with me, i did not understand it was an issue on your side.

You mean not an issue on our side, right? Because it was not. There was a network misconfiguration on your VM, nothing to do with us.

Saturday it was an issue with no internet connection, it was eventually fixed and dealt with. it was indeed on your side.

Ok, thanks for help. Consider it dealt with and done.

Lets move on.

• freddyfreddy Member
    edited December 2020

@chocolateshirt said:
    Wtf, did you smoke weed?

Ke, Hello Birdface!

Wtf, ok crack foot :)

• Okey, I am willing (if hosthatch agrees ofc) to take that server out of @freddy for 45$ due to broken networking - I will need to fix that, that costs.

/s

Thanked by 3skorous Ouji brueggus
  • ChronicChronic Member
    edited December 2020

One of my servers got provisioned and I have to say, the control panel is really nice - simple and functional. Can't wait to try this bad boy out, but I don't have time to set it up today. :(

• freddyfreddy Member
    edited December 2020

@JabJab said:
    Okey, I am willing (if hosthatch agrees ofc) to take that server out of @freddy for 45$ due to broken networking - I will need to fix that, that costs.

/s

muhahahahhahahahhahahhahha joker. , maybe i consider it soon when i need to upgrade to a fatter server.

broken networking, haha sure mate.

• @pbx said:

@ofit said: huge disappointment

Some folks would have hoped for other deals, and some of us didn't buy anything on this last batch of deals; you totally can be disappointed if you expected something specific that wasn't available, but if you want to see it positively it's possible: it has been very clever marketing. As LETers really believed that the deals would be available soon, the audience stayed, including those who would have bought, whatever the deals (real "need" + FOMO) while the provider had time to adjust his next offers to the capacity available on his nodes, given what had been sold in the days and hours before.

In a way it means that @hosthatch won't deadpool in 6 months: your backups are fine.

Yes. I'm wating something between this deals:

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    8 GB RAM 
    40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    5 TB bandwidth (1 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    $30 per year

3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
    16 GB RAM
    80 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    10 TB bandwidth (1.5 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    $60 per year

I useing about 50 GB space on my current VPS. For $60 per year a bit higher than i wanted to spend. But was other deals.

@hosthatch said:

That will be all for this sales season.

Sorry for the posting time delays. I truly am. We are obviously not well equipped enough to handle 1000x the volume compared to an average day....but we now know how we can do better on that front and the feedback about how we should change the credit system, etc - it is taken into account and will be discussed internally.

And sorry for the people who feel disappointed on missing out on the original deals and not finding what you were looking for in the flash deals. That is unfortunately how these sales work. We do not make a lot of money on them so I won't really be doing personal apologies on your decision to not buy them in the 48 hours that they were actually available.

We have a lot of exciting stuff coming up in the next few weeks. BGP sessions being one of them. You can do Anycast in all or some locations. Our new (much more improved) support - which will be available to all customers, including on promotions. 40G networking.

And then a bunch of new features in Q1 2021, that will be available to everyone at no additional cost.

Thanks for your sorry because i need get up at 1:00 (i live in UTC +3) and wait when you posted you deals but 2:30 for waiting was really hard to me.

You are right 48 hours was enough but i had many problems.

Last year I spent over 250 in a year or even more for all my VPS. Really use only 3-4 of them that cost max $120/year because of that and i have financial problems this year and my country have political crisis that will become in economic crisis in couple month later I guess.

Moreover, most vps work well during the daytime, but work slowly in the evening. This is why I need to check the speed before purchasing. I tested your VPS a year ago and most of them worked well in the evening, but not now. After the test, only the Netherlands, Norwegian and Chicago vps worked well in the evening. My current vps in sweden drops below 10 Mbit / s in the evening. A year ago, my Swedish VPS worked fine in the evening. As far as I understand, this is due to the fact that my provider changes routes.
    I have a 100Mbit / s / 50 Mbit / s optical connection. There is no other provider in my city, only mobile ones. Current ISP is not interested in my low speed issues in the evening before my VPS. And I can't do anything.

I really really wanted a VPS NVMe in Zurich, but due to the low speed it makes no sense to me. I was also thinking about buying a VPS NVMe in Sweden, it's very interesting how a private network works. I've already tried to mount via sshfs on other VPS but it is slow so I wanted to try a private network with 40 GBit / s.

And the last I saw a message about the end of the sale after 10 minutes after the deadline.

All of these factors influenced the buying decision. And the message I saw after the deadline left no choice at all. So I was hoping for a flash sale which disappointed me.

If I came back before it gone I will bought a VPS NVMe in Sweden 15 / year. I don't really want to wait a year to test a private network with 40 GBit / s.

As an active client since 2017, I can say that I am satisfied with the quality of services, but there were problems with support a couple of times.

Thanks for the current sale. And that you allow upgrades.

I still don't understand why this is the last sale before the next BF. in March you will be 10 years since you founded the company. Aren't you going to do something big?

@hosthatch said:
    There are many tickets / emails / PMs. Some people quoting this text that I wrote in the OP.

> For existing customers:
    > 
    > Thank you for being part of our family. If you see this thread a bit later or after some deals are out of stock, or you miss out a flash deal and that is exactly what you wanted for many years, please send me a PM and I will do my best.
    > 

Please understand that I cannot reply to all the personal messages I am getting, it is humanly not possible. I will try to get back to most of the PMs and emails by tomorrow.

Please reach out to me in about 10 days if you are an old customer (>1 year) and if you need a plan from one of the original post that we actually make some little money on, and if we have available capacity and it is possible, I will see if I can set it up for you.

As far as I understand, I still have a chance to buy VPS NVMe in Sweden 15 / year. Thanks for chanсe get it again.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Happy weekend folks!

Keep those ticket/order numbers aside and enjoy the weekend :)

Thanked by 2brueggus the_doctor
  • Here's the 32GB NVMe VDS from the flash sale (Chicago):

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-11-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sat 05 Dec 2020 01:48:29 PM CST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2999.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 31.4 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 156.4 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 126.79 MB/s  (31.6k) | 267.40 MB/s   (4.1k)
    Write      | 127.12 MB/s  (31.7k) | 268.81 MB/s   (4.2k)
    Total      | 253.92 MB/s  (63.4k) | 536.21 MB/s   (8.3k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 420.86 MB/s    (822) | 658.52 MB/s    (643)
    Write      | 443.22 MB/s    (865) | 702.38 MB/s    (685)
    Total      | 864.09 MB/s   (1.6k) | 1.36 GB/s     (1.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.88 Gbits/sec  | 1.86 Gbits/sec
    Performing IPv4 iperf3 recv test from Online.net (Attempt #2 of 10)...
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 560 Mbits/sec   | 494 Mbits/sec
    Performing IPv4 iperf3 recv test from WorldStream (Attempt #6 of 10)...
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | busy
    Performing IPv4 iperf3 send test to Biznet (Attempt #1 of 10)...
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 619 Mbits/sec   | 31.3 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 7.40 Gbits/sec  | 2.76 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 4.60 Gbits/sec  | 2.67 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 3.62 Gbits/sec  | 1.42 Gbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 587
    Multi Core      | 2045
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5176428

• Been using mine and I love it!

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • freddyfreddy Member
    edited December 2020

Hey boys, just a quick question :)

The stockholm storage server.

I have installed centos, configured all accounts, sudo user etc.

Configured the Network connections properly, at least i like to think so. eth0 ipnumber, netmask and gateway.

Dns 8.8.8.8

card is running

setup host

checked everything

Did i forget something? why is this not connection to the internet?

I dont get it. and hosthatch says everything seems normal on their end. can it really be?

i wouldent dear asking them again if something is wrong.

Appreciate answers

update:

all it took was a fing restart :)

its all working now. .

• @freddy said: I have installed centos, configured all accounts, sudo user etc.

You installed from ISO? Did you set the subnet right?

• insightinsight Member
    edited December 2020

@freddy said:

@brueggus said:

@freddy said:

they issue i have is the lack of privacy, the admin entered my account and performed maintenance work, in my terminal with full root access..

this is an issue for me, i dident realize that they have this access at any given time

I highly doubt they would access your sever without asking first. As these are KVMs, they would need your (root) password or a SSH key.

How did you find out and did you change the initial root password?

they did, i asked a network question, and suddenly the history in terminal included commands they had fired off...

they have direct access with root yes. obviously i have zero privacy, i dident mind really, but thinking about it. lol seriously

No cloud provider can offer you a no knowledge (many call it zero knowledge wrongly) service since you run your VPS under their infrastructure and of course you can snap memory etc (not to enter in very deep tech details).

Now I really doubt any provider would willingly root into your VPS, that would bring bad reputation, probably finish their business and as such only if you have proof of evidence / technical proof of evidence you should do those claims otherwise it's defamation.

Edit: removed double "and"

• freddyfreddy Member
    edited December 2020

@insight said:

@freddy said:

@brueggus said:

@freddy said:

they issue i have is the lack of privacy, the admin entered my account and performed maintenance work, in my terminal with full root access..

this is an issue for me, i dident realize that they have this access at any given time

I highly doubt they would access your sever without asking first. As these are KVMs, they would need your (root) password or a SSH key.

How did you find out and did you change the initial root password?

they did, i asked a network question, and suddenly the history in terminal included commands they had fired off...

they have direct access with root yes. obviously i have zero privacy, i dident mind really, but thinking about it. lol seriously

No cloud provider can offer you a no knowledge (many call it zero knowledge wrongly) service since you run your VPS under their infrastructure and of course you can snap memory etc (not to enter in very deep tech details).

Now I really doubt any provider would willingly root into your VPS, that would bring bad reputation, probably finish their business and as such only if you have proof of evidence / technical proof of evidence you should do those claims otherwise it's defamation.

Edit: removed double "and"

Hey bro, it was cleared up.

I left root access terminal up and Customer services only came to help out on my emergency request. its a non issue as i left terminal open.

On a note, the law still applies to all users and providers.

I agree this is not a place for howtos or user guides etc, at least i am making progress and care about the services, not sitting and winching about a dollar here or a penny there, like some of you other wankers, squeezing stones for blood. Vampires!

This behaviour have put stress onto the team and its affecting us others in a negative way.

All i am interested in is the actual server! i run a non abusive fully legit use case.

The server is absolutley awesome! kick ass

I have just setup my user case and are now synchronizing my download, the speed is absolutley insane, these guys have some serious hardware.

in about 30 minutes i downloaded around 160 GB, now its slowed down a little but man, this is fast!

peace.

• @freddy said: in about 30 minutes i downloaded around 160 GB, now its slowed down a little but man, this is fast!

If you don't mind me asking, what loads are you seeing on the cpu? I thought the storage servers (1, 2 cores) probably couldn't handle sustained 800mbit in whatever iops that ends up becoming

• freddyfreddy Member
    edited December 2020

Hi, just checked its around 55 - 96 % CPU usage atm. its a 1 core storage server. The download speed have come down a lot the last hour.

i have now synched about 210 GB out of a toal 360 GB.

i am not sure if its due to some soft or hard cap set on total download in a time period or actual hardware limits.

• @freddy said: I dont get it. and hosthatch says everything seems normal on their end. can it really be?

i wouldent dear asking them again if something is wrong.

I don't understand why you have such a bad attitude towards hosthatch. You're paying rock bottom prices and expect to be handheld during the weekend because you have issues installing from a iso?

You pretend to be de-escalating the situation you made in this thread but you keep being passive aggressive.

• @i4P1 said:

I have walked through the ToS and AUP, but just wondering how long I can assume the resources(e.g. bandwidth, CPU and I/O) since I do not want it to be cancelled o:)

I wonder about that too :)

• notarobonotarobo Member
    edited December 2020

@freddy said:
    Hi, just checked its around 55 - 96 % CPU usage atm. its a 1 core storage server. The download speed have come down a lot the last hour.

i have now synched about 210 GB out of a toal 360 GB.

i am not sure if its due to some soft or hard cap set on total download in a time period or actual hardware limits.

WHAT A WHINING WANKER PERIOD!

WANT SOME MAYO TO GO WITH THAT MATE?

Thanked by 2vyas11 Ouji
  • Got my 30$ / year 8 GB NVMe server set up, and I have to say, the performance per $ is outstanding, and my quick interactions with support have been super great. Super happy I grabbed the deal, definitely regretting not pouncing on a storage offer. Thank you @hosthatch! I for one really appreciate it.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2020

@ofit said:

Click to read> > @pbx said:

@ofit said: huge disappointment

Some folks would have hoped for other deals, and some of us didn't buy anything on this last batch of deals; you totally can be disappointed if you expected something specific that wasn't available, but if you want to see it positively it's possible: it has been very clever marketing. As LETers really believed that the deals would be available soon, the audience stayed, including those who would have bought, whatever the deals (real "need" + FOMO) while the provider had time to adjust his next offers to the capacity available on his nodes, given what had been sold in the days and hours before.

In a way it means that @hosthatch won't deadpool in 6 months: your backups are fine.

Yes. I'm wating something between this deals:

> 2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    > 8 GB RAM 
    > 40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    > 5 TB bandwidth (1 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    > $30 per year
    > 
    > 3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
    > 16 GB RAM
    > 80 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    > 10 TB bandwidth (1.5 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    > $60 per year
    > 

I useing about 50 GB space on my current VPS. For $60 per year a bit higher than i wanted to spend. But was other deals.

@hosthatch said:

That will be all for this sales season.

Sorry for the posting time delays. I truly am. We are obviously not well equipped enough to handle 1000x the volume compared to an average day....but we now know how we can do better on that front and the feedback about how we should change the credit system, etc - it is taken into account and will be discussed internally.

And sorry for the people who feel disappointed on missing out on the original deals and not finding what you were looking for in the flash deals. That is unfortunately how these sales work. We do not make a lot of money on them so I won't really be doing personal apologies on your decision to not buy them in the 48 hours that they were actually available.

We have a lot of exciting stuff coming up in the next few weeks. BGP sessions being one of them. You can do Anycast in all or some locations. Our new (much more improved) support - which will be available to all customers, including on promotions. 40G networking.

And then a bunch of new features in Q1 2021, that will be available to everyone at no additional cost.

Thanks for your sorry because i need get up at 1:00 (i live in UTC +3) and wait when you posted you deals but 2:30 for waiting was really hard to me.

You are right 48 hours was enough but i had many problems.

Last year I spent over 250 in a year or even more for all my VPS. Really use only 3-4 of them that cost max $120/year because of that and i have financial problems this year and my country have political crisis that will become in economic crisis in couple month later I guess.

Moreover, most vps work well during the daytime, but work slowly in the evening. This is why I need to check the speed before purchasing. I tested your VPS a year ago and most of them worked well in the evening, but not now. After the test, only the Netherlands, Norwegian and Chicago vps worked well in the evening. My current vps in sweden drops below 10 Mbit / s in the evening. A year ago, my Swedish VPS worked fine in the evening. As far as I understand, this is due to the fact that my provider changes routes.
    I have a 100Mbit / s / 50 Mbit / s optical connection. There is no other provider in my city, only mobile ones. Current ISP is not interested in my low speed issues in the evening before my VPS. And I can't do anything.

I really really wanted a VPS NVMe in Zurich, but due to the low speed it makes no sense to me. I was also thinking about buying a VPS NVMe in Sweden, it's very interesting how a private network works. I've already tried to mount via sshfs on other VPS but it is slow so I wanted to try a private network with 40 GBit / s.

And the last I saw a message about the end of the sale after 10 minutes after the deadline.

All of these factors influenced the buying decision. And the message I saw after the deadline left no choice at all. So I was hoping for a flash sale which disappointed me.

If I came back before it gone I will bought a VPS NVMe in Sweden 15 / year. I don't really want to wait a year to test a private network with 40 GBit / s.

As an active client since 2017, I can say that I am satisfied with the quality of services, but there were problems with support a couple of times.

Thanks for the current sale. And that you allow upgrades.

I still don't understand why this is the last sale before the next BF. in March you will be 10 years since you founded the company. Aren't you going to do something big?

@hosthatch said:
    There are many tickets / emails / PMs. Some people quoting this text that I wrote in the OP.

> > For existing customers:
    > > 
    > > Thank you for being part of our family. If you see this thread a bit later or after some deals are out of stock, or you miss out a flash deal and that is exactly what you wanted for many years, please send me a PM and I will do my best.
    > > 

Please understand that I cannot reply to all the personal messages I am getting, it is humanly not possible. I will try to get back to most of the PMs and emails by tomorrow.

Please reach out to me in about 10 days if you are an old customer (>1 year) and if you need a plan from one of the original post that we actually make some little money on, and if we have available capacity and it is possible, I will see if I can set it up for you.

As far as I understand, I still have a chance to buy VPS NVMe in Sweden 15 / year. Thanks for chanсe get it again.

You wrote all this for a $ 15 VPS?
    That is comendable.
    Politics, economics, financial income, time zones, network speeds.. all in one post.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • Hi all,

Last year I was happy customer of @hosthatch but this year unhappy customer. I know many of you are happy customer this year but who knows about next year. It can be wrong from my side or @hosthatch side. So thinking to write review with facts from both side so that other can benefits from my experience and before publishing it here I will give full opportunity to @hosthatch to review on facts. It will take some time and I want to do only this if community see value in this otherwise I prefer to ignore him and move ahead. If I will get more than 5 thanks on this that will hint me to go ahead.

For those who are happy customer I fully respect your feeling but please be aware that you may be next unhappy customer.

Regards,
    Davi

• @davi said:
    Hi all,

Last year I was happy customer of @hosthatch but this year unhappy customer. I know many of you are happy customer this year but who knows about next year. It can be wrong from my side or @hosthatch side. So thinking to write review with facts from both side so that other can benefits from my experience and before publishing it here I will give full opportunity to @hosthatch to review on facts. It will take some time and I want to do only this if community see value in this otherwise I prefer to ignore him and move ahead. If I will get more than 5 thanks on this that will hint me to go ahead.

For those who are happy customer I fully respect your feeling but please be aware that you may be next unhappy customer.

Regards,
    Davi

Based on what you have written previously, I'd like it if LET had an "unthanks".

• @tetech said:

@davi said:
    Hi all,

Regards,
    Davi

Based on what you have written previously, I'd like it if LET had an "unthanks".

Persons who give expert opinion after watching half moves are mostly sold off person with personnel interests.

• Got 2 servers provisioned today. Thanks @hosthatch. Will wait for storage to be done and start migrating from hetzner box.

Thanked by 2the_doctor hosthatch
  • tholethole Member
    edited December 2020

@davi said: Last year I was happy customer of @hosthatch but this year unhappy customer. I know many of you are happy customer this year but who knows about next year.

it's anicca! there're other good providers/people now like Letbox. It'd be nice if you can give them ideas to improve or forgive & move on :smile:

Thanked by 1Salomon123
  • I'm speaking for a reason that I ordered three servers in your house, and at first there was a $17 payment that your system couldn't show, which led me to have to pay again, obviously something went wrong with your system, and I sent two tickets in a row to explain, and you didn't care until I paid all the bills, you said the money was in balance, and I tried to ask for a refund and you refused. I think it's your system problems and labor delays that make my money unavailable, and you should give me a refund. But you have repeatedly refused special sales for non-refundable reasons. Do you think it makes sense?

• @airinf said:
    I'm speaking for a reason that I ordered three servers in your house, and at first there was a $17 payment that your system couldn't show, which led me to have to pay again, obviously something went wrong with your system, and I sent two tickets in a row to explain, and you didn't care until I paid all the bills, you said the money was in balance, and I tried to ask for a refund and you refused. I think it's your system problems and labor delays that make my money unavailable, and you should give me a refund. But you have repeatedly refused special sales for non-refundable reasons. Do you think it makes sense?

No way.

• the_doctorthe_doctor Member
    edited December 2020

Got my UK storage box provisioned, can't believe how much better the performance is in comparison to Racknerd (where I am migrating from).

Two thumbs up to @hosthatch and the great crew supporting behind the scenes. The patience was worth it!