Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 94
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• @thedp said:
    @hosthatch Please go away single-man provider :joy:

Who knows, maybe @HostHatch has multiple personalities! That would definitely help with answering tickets.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited December 2020

@Shot2 said:

@thedp said:
    @hosthatch Please go away single-man provider :joy:

Who knows, maybe @HostHatch has multiple personalities! That would definitely help with answering tickets.

Or maybe he prefers married-man provider?

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • Am I in time to grab the popcorn?

• I'm looking for a provider of single women.

• @tetech said:
    I'm looking for a provider of single women.

Would sisters be ok?

Thanked by 1tetech
  • @davi said: "If I have last year NVMe deal, Can I upgrade to this year offer or I have to order now and cancel old one" Both of these options were same for me with respect resources and cost. I was just asking what is convenient to him.

yes. and that is reasonable. however again my point here is, that the term 'upgrade to this year offer' obviously for you implied switching to a similar or even cheaper priced offer - fair enough.
    still others (including the provider) might understand 'upgrade' as an expanse into a bigger plan that at least cost the same or better more.

might be considered hairsplitting or not but I am pretty sure @hosthatch would have worked things out with you if you stayed in a private discussion and more important waited patiently for the time to come and discuss this matters. of course this would be rather after every new orders were provided.

• @Shot2 said:

@tetech said:

Would sisters be ok?

Best I can do is $4/yr and I need setup ASAP.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2020

@Falzo said:
    might be considered hairsplitting or not but I am pretty sure @hosthatch would have worked things out with you if you stayed in a private discussion and more important waited patiently for the time to come and discuss this matters. of course this would be rather after every new orders were provided.

And without the constant guilt trips of "you took a u turn" and constant passive aggressive insults along with 3 paragraphs in each message.

Like anyone else, I have my limits on how much I am willing to bend over backwards over this amount of money.

Thanked by 2Falzo freddy
  • @Shot2 said:

@tetech said:

Would sisters be ok?

Twins would be very acceptable

• Good thread to read while you wait for the vpses to be created. Learning alot about people's expectations.

• @the_doctor said:
    Got my UK storage box provisioned, can't believe how much better the performance is in comparison to Racknerd (where I am migrating from).

Two thumbs up to @hosthatch and the great crew supporting behind the scenes. The patience was worth it!

Was something explicitly wrong with Racknerd?

• @icez said:
    Am I in time to grab the popcorn?

yes, come in, sit tight and relax.

• black-box personality, short term single-man provider.

This line made my day..LOL

• @Falzo said:

@davi said: "If I have last year NVMe deal, Can I upgrade to this year offer or I have to order now and cancel old one" Both of these options were same for me with respect resources and cost. I was just asking what is convenient to him.

yes. and that is reasonable. however again my point here is, that the term 'upgrade to this year offer' obviously for you implied switching to a similar or even cheaper priced offer - fair enough.
    still others (including the provider) might understand 'upgrade' as an expanse into a bigger plan that at least cost the same or better more.

I completely agree with your point that if I have kept myself only in private discussion and waited till last then I have got VPS. But what it says about his business practice. He accept my order after saying "Sorry to disappoint you - can I please provide you with a full refund?" in PM and reject it again treating my review comment as threat to him. He is has some other problem. He writes 200 words on provocative statement like "Looking forward to HH ripping it apart, please post soon." which tells more about him.

• @hosthatch said:

@Falzo said:

And without the constant guilt trips of "you took a u turn" and constant passive aggressive insults along with 3 paragraphs in each message.

Like anyone else, I have my limits on how much I am willing to bend over backwards over this amount of money.

You posted PM so please read it again with time stamp of message and tone of language and judge yourself who is crossing whose limit. My last message is when you crossed all limits with ego of provider.

• @JohnFilch123 said:

Not at all... I am located in Europe, and my Racknerd DC was in LA, just felt like it was time to move my project closer to home.

But I feel a performance increase on HH hardware, even when doing normal tasks in the CLI. Also, comparing YABS on RN and HH VPS's shows it's not just the decreased latency. :)

Thanked by 2JohnFilch123 Ouji
  • ArirangArirang Member
    edited December 2020

Wrong place. Deleted. Sorry

• @davi said:

@hosthatch said:

@Falzo said:

You posted PM so please read it again with time stamp of message and tone of language and judge yourself who is crossing whose limit. My last message is when you crossed all limits with ego of provider.

@davi what will you gain out of this/ what is your expectation of out this argument/ what do you plan to achieve with this and how does this satisfy you, personally? (just curious).

• elliotcelliotc Member
    edited December 2020

@JohnFilch123 said:

@the_doctor said:
    Got my UK storage box provisioned, can't believe how much better the performance is in comparison to Racknerd (where I am migrating from).

Two thumbs up to @hosthatch and the great crew supporting behind the scenes. The patience was worth it!

Racknerd still need time to prove themselves are decent. And Racknerd is colocrossing everywhere.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • @elliotc said:
    And Racknerd is colocrossing everywhere.

I was using their QuadraNet DC, which is why my project was in LA. ;-)

• to all - on an additional note, we should've had processed (processed! not 'activate' in my statement) most of the simple orders (as in followed the sales instructions without 'abcdefgxyz' questions on downgrade/upgrade/free IPs/free additional specs/ etc).

If you've not received any response to your ticket on such simple orders, please PM me your ticket number & account id (email id) so that we may have a look into it. thank you.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

57 pages just for this.

• @cdrive said:

@davi said:

@hosthatch said:

@Falzo said:

@davi what will you gain out of this/ what is your expectation of out this argument/ what do you plan to achieve with this and how does this satisfy you, personally? (just curious).

I just want to put this messed up story with my point of view where provider make communication mistake and then do false promise and finally react randomly with personal ego. I know many will not agree with me and that is not my target but I am sure I will be able to convince few reasonable members that it was not all my mistake. And if while doing this I found some mistake from my side then it will help me to improve myself.

• cdrivecdrive Member
    edited December 2020

@davi said:

@cdrive said:

@davi said:

@hosthatch said:

@Falzo said:

I just want to put this messed up story with my point of view where provider make communication mistake and then do false promise and finally react randomly with personal ego. I know many will not agree with me and that is not my target but I am sure I will be able to convince few reasonable members that it was not all my mistake. And if while doing this I found some mistake from my side then it will help me to improve myself.

so basically you are on the mission to prove someone/something wrong in order to improve yourself?

added: may I know if that is your end-game?

• @cdrive said:
    to all - on an additional note, we should've had processed (processed! not 'activate' in my statement) most of the simple orders (as in followed the sales instructions without 'abcdefgxyz' questions on downgrade/upgrade/free IPs/free additional specs/ etc).

If you've not received any response to your ticket on such simple orders, please PM me your ticket number & account id (email id) so that we may have a look into it. thank you.

Thanks for the update. While all my smaller VMs in STO have been provisioned, the bigger ones in AMS haven't been processed or provisioned yet. Should I bother sending you the TID and email, Gen?

• @K4Y5 said:

@cdrive said:
    to all - on an additional note, we should've had processed (processed! not 'activate' in my statement) most of the simple orders (as in followed the sales instructions without 'abcdefgxyz' questions on downgrade/upgrade/free IPs/free additional specs/ etc).

Thanks for the update. While all my smaller VMs in STO have been provisioned, the bigger ones in AMS haven't been processed or provisioned yet. Should I bother sending you the TID and email, Gen?

please do, I'll look into it once I can/may, if it's not already being looked into by my colleagues over the shift hours.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • @cdrive said:

@davi said:

@cdrive said:

@davi said:

@hosthatch said:

@Falzo said:

so basically you are on the mission to prove someone/something wrong in order to improve yourself?

Partially agree with your first sentence as target is not just to improve myself but I am ready for this by-product also.

• @davi said:

@cdrive said:

@davi said:

@cdrive said:

@davi said:

@hosthatch said:

@Falzo said:

Partially agree with your first sentence as target is not just to improve myself but I am ready for this by-product also.

thank you and I rest my case here.

Thanked by 1davi
  • Just out of curiosity, has anyone had the "new locations" bundle provisioned yet?