Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 93
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• freddyfreddy Member
    edited December 2020

@smallbibi said:

@freddy said: I dont get it. and hosthatch says everything seems normal on their end. can it really be?

i wouldent dear asking them again if something is wrong.

I don't understand why you have such a bad attitude towards hosthatch. You're paying rock bottom prices and expect to be handheld during the weekend because you have issues installing from a iso?

You pretend to be de-escalating the situation you made in this thread but you keep being passive aggressive.

Seriously dude WTF, if words alone make you that agitated, i dont think there is hope for you. in what way is that passive aggresive to ask the community for ideas? dgaf i clearly posted my issue and reached out for ideas! before i blamed the services again!

Installing from an ISO? where do you pick up all these things from? dreaming? handheld?
    you clearly add to the story. Maybe make an appointment and speak to somebody, it wont be me.

• freddyfreddy Member
    edited December 2020

@notarobo said:

@freddy said:
    Hi, just checked its around 55 - 96 % CPU usage atm. its a 1 core storage server. The download speed have come down a lot the last hour.

i have now synched about 210 GB out of a toal 360 GB.

i am not sure if its due to some soft or hard cap set on total download in a time period or actual hardware limits.

WHAT A WHINING WANKER PERIOD!

WANT SOME MAYO TO GO WITH THAT MATE?

And another one, look at yourself? saving a dollar, great mate.

Wtf are you whining about this time sunshine? we are talking about technical stats etc, and you stick mayo up ? seriously you have zero user value to add! why post shit like this?

• @freddy said:

@notarobo said:

@freddy said:
    Hi, just checked its around 55 - 96 % CPU usage atm. its a 1 core storage server. The download speed have come down a lot the last hour.

i am not sure if its due to some soft or hard cap set on total download in a time period or actual hardware limits.

Wtf are you whining about this time sunshine? we are talking about technical stats etc, and you stick mayo up ? seriously you have zero user value to add! why post shit like this?

mate stop harrassing me it's freaking me out! don't want no mayo on me get away!

Thanked by 3rooted Ouji webcraft
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited December 2020

@davi said:
    Hi all,

Last year I was happy customer of @hosthatch but this year unhappy customer. I know many of you are happy customer this year but who knows about next year. It can be wrong from my side or @hosthatch side. So thinking to write review with facts from both side so that other can benefits from my experience and before publishing it here I will give full opportunity to @hosthatch to review on facts. It will take some time and I want to do only this if community see value in this otherwise I prefer to ignore him and move ahead. If I will get more than 5 thanks on this that will hint me to go ahead.

For those who are happy customer I fully respect your feeling but please be aware that you may be next unhappy customer.

Regards,
    Davi

• freddyfreddy Member
    edited December 2020

lol. Server is great

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited December 2020

@freddy said: Installing from an ISO? where do you pick up all these things from? dreaming? handheld?

Clearly you are expecting to be handheld for unmanaged servers. Your problem was not using preconfigured templates which probably would have the networking setup for you. Instead, you had difficulties installing from iso and make emergency tickets on a weekend and complain. Good job!

Thanked by 1arda
  • notarobonotarobo Member
    edited December 2020

@davi said:
    Hi all,

Last year I was happy customer of @hosthatch but this year unhappy customer. I know many of you are happy customer this year but who knows about next year. It can be wrong from my side or @hosthatch side. So thinking to write review with facts from both side so that other can benefits from my experience and before publishing it here I will give full opportunity to @hosthatch to review on facts. It will take some time and I want to do only this if community see value in this otherwise I prefer to ignore him and move ahead. If I will get more than 5 thanks on this that will hint me to go ahead.

For those who are happy customer I fully respect your feeling but please be aware that you may be next unhappy customer.

Regards,
    Davi

2 more thanks to go. you know what to do.

• @notarobo said: 2 more thanks to go. you know what to do.

I clicked the 5th thanks, so I have something to read before bed.

Thanked by 1notarobo
  • @notarobo said:

@freddy said:

@notarobo said:

@freddy said:

mate stop harrassing me it's freaking me out! don't want no mayo on me get away!

get a room you two.

or quickly calm down, apologize and don't continue any dickish behaviour 'cause otherwise some of @fat32 @hzr @Jord @trewq might make you so...

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • @Falzo said:

@notarobo said:

@freddy said:

@notarobo said:

@freddy said:

get a room you two.

or quickly calm down, apologize and don't continue any dickish behaviour 'cause otherwise some of @fat32 @hzr @Jord @trewq might make you so...

mate this ain't none of my business. it's a one way affair bruh.

I'm just here for the server, having fun with wankers in meantime cuz they don't do no justice to this BF spirit. feel me bruh?

• Get this mayo away from my 🍿

• @davi said:
    Hi all,

Regards,
    Davi

Thanks everyone of 5 members who are interested to see review. Please give me some days for this to prepare and get it reviewed by @hosthatch if he wants to do.

• the_doctorthe_doctor Member
    edited December 2020

@davi said:
    Thanks everyone of 5 members who are interested to see review. Please give me some days for this to prepare and get it reviewed by @hosthatch if he wants to do.

Looking forward to HH ripping it apart, please post soon.

A couple things have been exceedingly consistent in this thread:

• the people who complain are always wrong, and,
    • HH take a human, reasonable approach to every situation.

The only people complaining are ones trying to take advantage of HH and then angry when HH don't bend over to unreasonable demands.

• azeemazeem Member
    edited December 2020

Does anyone know why I get the message "Geekbench releases can only be downloaded over IPv4. FTP the Geekbench files and run manually" when I run the YABS script? Shouldn't it be doing that already since an IPv4 is attached?

• @the_doctor said: The only people complaining are ones trying to take advantage of HH and then angry when HH don't bend over to unreasonable demands.

Maybe you are right but if you please check his two reply to me in this thread he already said Sorry two times for his information mistake but at the time of action done again u-turn.

• just asking to folks, any workaround for iso mount problem ? if not i'll start to upgrade and move on :))

• @tridinebandim said:
    just asking to folks, any workaround for iso mount problem ? if not i'll start to upgrade and move on :))

I can mount ubuntu 20.04 and debian 10 netinst iso..

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • @chocolateshirt said: I can mount ubuntu 20.04

did you manage to install? i couldnt start from iso.

Thanked by 1fullclick32
  • freddyfreddy Member
    edited December 2020

@chocolateshirt said: I can mount ubuntu 20.04

did you manage to install? i couldnt start from iso.

>

Hi, just mount again, keep trying. took me a couple of tries, or so.
    Also set boot up, from ISO.

Remember to change this to disc once installation is done.

peace

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • it just worked :blush:

• Nice one!

• @davi said: Maybe you are right but if you please check his two reply to me in this thread he already said Sorry two times for his information mistake but at the time of action done again u-turn.

no.

somewhere in this thread he was asked about upgrades and he agreed, obviously having storage servers in mind. yes, at one point he then also acknowledged upgrades to be possible for NVME plans. keep in mind how busy and crowded that topic was at that time...

later on he refused on that topic because most likely he forgot and still only had the storage plans on his mind. that's when you understandably asked again for clarification pointing towards the in between answer.
    and guess what he immediately admitted that he made a mistake there and it wasn't intended that way but he will take care if you would need help to get it sorted and contact him directly about it.

I'd say everything fine till that point, not much of a u-turn but forthcoming offering to make exceptions because he probably saying something in error in the first place.

again keep in mind that it was still neither defined what such an 'upgrade' was supposed to be in detail nor what you had asked for in terms of that within your tickets.

it then turned out that you asked about switching a $16 plan to a $15 one, which might come with more ressources, but is not considered an upgrade, because usually an upgrade means stepping into a bigger plan (and therefore paying more and not less money).

I am very sure he would have found a way still to comfort your needs if only you would have done what he suggested - reaching out to him directly and have it sorted when there is time for it.

instead you decided once more to come here whining, complaining about his support and blaming him etc.

well played.

writing a review will not do you much good but only make things worse - but hey, don't take my word for it, it's your bridges you are burning...

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@the_doctor said:

@davi said:

The only people complaining are ones trying to take advantage of HH and then angry when HH don't bend over to unreasonable demands.

I've tried doing that as much as I can.

I don't think a single customer (out of the 500+ that have been provisioned already) has had a complaint with the quality of the server that they have gotten.

All the complains can be summed up in these things:

• Support is not replying to my issue as fast as I would like (please take a moment to realize what you have ordered, at what price, in what location, and if waiting a couple days for your non-emergency request is justified)

• I asked if my server could be customized in X way and then the promotion expired. How is it my fault that you did not reply in time?

• Did not read the promotion terms, and got angry/bitter when told about them or,

• Did read them, and thought you could be the exception because you are special

• Abdullah was rude to me and I feel bad so I am going to take my revenge by making him feel bad

I don't like sharing personal conversations out of respect for privacy, but there is no law against sharing my personal PMs on a forum, and HostHatch's privacy policy does not apply on this, so here you go....

https://imgur.com/GsuU5tl

Note that this was not the only communication since he was posting several times in this thread as well. You can make your own judgements.

All this "give me 5 likes for a review" teenage girl stuff for $15.....which we actually refunded.

I have more important work to do....sorry and good luck on your crusade.

@hosthatch Please go away single-man provider :joy:

• Dear @Falzo I have high respect for you and found lot of your comments valuable. I really thanks your time to have look on this and coming up with detail post. Please check your post above you have given two time benefits of doubt to him in first two paragraph and accepted his errors also. And then you diluted my question by bringing $16, $15 and storage while my question was clear. Please check my question at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3160594#Comment_3160594 "If I have last year NVMe deal, Can I upgrade to this year offer or I have to order now and cancel old one" Both of these options were same for me with respect resources and cost. I was just asking what is convenient to him. I have given him more than enough time on PM and support tickets. But there was something else with him which came-in to solve the issue. If anything is wrong from my side I will be happy to feel sorry openly and will be happy to improve myself. But giving him all benefits of doubt as he is provider will be bit unfair from member like you.

• davidavi Member
    edited December 2020

@hosthatch said:

@the_doctor said:

@davi said:

I don't think a single customer (out of the 500+ that have been provisioned already) has had a complaint with the quality of the server that they have gotten.

• Support is not replying to my issue as fast as I would like (please take a moment to realize what you have ordered, at what price, in what location, and if waiting a couple days for your non-emergency request is justified)

• I asked if my server could be customized in X way and then the promotion expired. How is it my fault that you did not reply in time?

• Did not read the promotion terms, and got angry/bitter when told about them or,

• Abdullah was rude to me and I feel bad so I am going to take my revenge by making him feel bad

I don't like sharing personal conversations out of respect for privacy, but there is no law against sharing my personal PMs on a forum, and HostHatch's privacy policy does not apply on this, so here you go....

Note that this was not the only communication since he was posting several times in this thread as well. You can make your own judgements.

All this "give me 5 likes for a review" teenage girl stuff for $15.....which we actually refunded.

I will take in account your points while writing anything. Be sure it will be fair from my side. and you will get enough time to correct anything wrong from my side. Anyway my first three PM to you tell a lot about your way of working. Thanks for sharing.

• man.....The money I've spent on popcorn and potato chips is far more than I expected...So when will all these dramas be finished......

edited December 2020

@davi said:

@hosthatch said:

@the_doctor said:

@davi said:

I will take in account your points while writing anything. Be sure it will be fair from my side. and you will get enough time to correct anything wrong from my side. Anyway my first three PM to you tell a lot about your way of working. Thanks for sharing.

Remember, you are only entitled to your own opinion, not facts :)

So just do what you have to do and stop hinting people about it.

• I will take in account your points while writing anything. Be sure it will be fair from my side. and you will get enough time to correct anything wrong from my side. Anyway my first three PM to you tell a lot about your way of working. Thanks for sharing.

What makes you think your review would be fair when you even think this is a single-man provider?
    What makes you think correcting your so called review worth the effort of @hosthatch , when he still has so much real work to do, in order that he won't fail his real long term, the majority of the customers?

Admit it: without prejudice, you don't even want to write this so called review.