Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 89
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• @bigmaker said:
    I do not buy a promotion,I think their website generates vps like vultr or linode But I was wrong.

Wait, you paid full price right around Black Friday when your intention was to save money?

The shit you say just doesn't add up.

Anyway, the lesson you learned is that the providers who do instant provisioning advertises the shit out of it so you can't miss it, and so when you don't see it mentioned all over the place, not to expect it. Right?

• @aibook said:
    Today is the seventh day. I have been waiting for a week. Why is the purchased vps still not activated?

We require up to 7 working days to provision these so please be patient.

This is the problem with China, making you guys work too hard. In North America, we operate on 5 working days in a week. I'm sure its fucked even more in France or Spain where they only work 2-3 days a week (joke!).

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@TimboJones said:

Anyway, the lesson you learned is that the providers who do instant provisioning advertises the shit out of it so you can't miss it, and so when you don't see it mentioned all over the place, not to expect it. Right?

Every provider that does instant provisioning (including us) use fraud-checking systems for new accounts to make sure spammers/abusers stay away.

This customer got flagged. We asked him 'what are you planning to use this VPS for?' and he got offended because apparently he has been using VPSs since 2012 and who are we to question his usage....and we have all this drama.

• @TimboJones said:

@bigmaker said:
    I do not buy a promotion,I think their website generates vps like vultr or linode But I was wrong.

Wait, you paid full price right around Black Friday when your intention was to save money?

The shit you say just doesn't add up.

i paid full money for BF, but i can't wait and i create vps from manager. but today i don't have received my vps

• @Falzo said:

@hosthatch said:
    Yesterday I was going to make a funny post and say....

"hey guys - not sensing as much negativity and strange questions as in the past few days, maybe its time to start hating on the font that we use on our website or something?"

That joke is no longer valid today....

hahaha, I was thinking the same. back to square one. also brace for impact during the weekend, because the people don't understand what a 'working day' is 🤷‍♂️

Drum roll...

@aibook said:
    Today is the seventh day. I have been waiting for a week. Why is the purchased vps still not activated?

Haha.

Thanked by 2FrankZ Falzo
  • @hosthatch said:

@TimboJones said:

Every provider that does instant provisioning (including us) use fraud-checking systems for new accounts to make sure spammers/abusers stay away.

This customer got flagged. We asked him 'what are you planning to use this VPS for?' and he got offended because apparently he has been using VPSs since 2012 and who are we to question his usage....and we have all this drama.

Thanks, that cleared that up for me. Throw this fish back in the lake for everyone's sake.

• @FAT32 said:

Sharing what I know from my perspective:

Apparently, someone noticed that the IP is "free" in the order page when bi-annual payment is selected up till 5 IP.

After he/she discovered this, he/she quickly share it with the community and ask them to send in a ticket or cancel current order to order again with the 5 free IP. (This not only add more efforts needed for them to reply to each ticket, also lots of other admin work)

This is why we can't have nice things.

Thanked by 2Daniel15 Trav
  • @TimboJones said:

@aibook said:

This is the problem with China, making you guys work too hard. In North America, we operate on 5 working days in a week. I'm sure its fucked even more in France or Spain where they only work 2-3 days a week (joke!).

It's just that your delivery time is much slower than other vps suppliers, and it is a bit inefficient.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited December 2020

@aibook said:

@TimboJones said:

@aibook said:

It's just that your delivery time is much slower than other vps suppliers, and it is a bit inefficient.

It's a one time promotion that other providers are not offering (apples and oranges and such). It was expected and communicated ahead of time.

I think your response was supposed to be, "oh crap, I didn't see the working part and just thought it was 7 days". It's a like a kid whining on December 24th that Santa hasn't come when it was completely expected presents show up on the 25th.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • @aibook said:

@TimboJones said:

@aibook said:

It seems clear that the delay is not because your VPS can't be provisioned faster, but it is a choice to prevent abuse.

When prices are so low it drives demand and all the abusers line up just like everyone else.

The provider expects to clean up the occasional dog turd off the floor. But the provider doesn't want a dozen turds to be put in a microwave for 5 minutes - cleaning up that is something no-one wants to do.

Thus you pay a bit more attention to what is going on - if you deploy one VPS and there's abuse, you don't deploy the other 15 the guy ordered and save yourself a whole lot of clean-up. The bad guys are after ROI too, so tying up their money for a week is intended to do a bit of filtering also.

That's my take, but I don't have any insight on it.

Thanked by 2Ouji TimboJones
  • It seems like some people don't seem to understand that a little bit of waiting is going to make their lives so much easier in the long-run. I'm not planning on idling my 10TB, 2TB, and 3X NVMe boxes, I have a very specific use for them and I'm very happy that I can count on my node not being oversold or ruined by some bad neighbors. Keep up the good work @hosthatch and just know there are some people here who like what you're doing and have some patience.

• @jupitercity said:
    It seems like some people don't seem to understand that a little bit of waiting is going to make their lives so much easier in the long-run. I'm not planning on idling my 10TB, 2TB, and 3X NVMe boxes, I have a very specific use for them and I'm very happy that I can count on my node not being oversold or ruined by some bad neighbors. Keep up the good work @hosthatch and just know there are some people here who like what you're doing and have some patience.

Yeah, @hosthatch seem pretty good. Hope they are getting some well-deserved rest on the weekend.

• @hosthatch said:

I'd be offended too if I was forced to say that I'll be idling the server.

• @aibook said:

@TimboJones said:

@aibook said:

Delivery is slow but he (@hosthatch ) made it aware it will take time. I would presume you bought it on the 27th when you posted your comment about buying the LA Server and if DDOS Protection included in Chicago.

So count 7 business days (Monday-Friday) :)

• While waiting for my extra VPS to be deployed, I found out reading the comments here really make my day and sometimes, just can't stop smiling in my face.

This post has become my hourly news reading now.

• Waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 is too boring for me, waiting for chi 2T deployment is boring too.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Hello, I order a Black Friday special of $ 80 for two years to pay the server yesterday, but too busy to forget a payment on time, and now the bill has been closed, could help me open the bill, I want to buy you this server,and I will pay as soon as possible, the Invoice # 220649, I hope to get your reply, I have great hopes for your server.
    Thank you very much!

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2020

I order a Black Friday special of $ 80 for two years to pay the server yesterday, but too busy to forget a payment on time, and now the bill has been closed

Hm.. didn't know one could still order the BF specials.

Btw:

Just like you get what you pay for,
    you don't get what you dont pay for.

Best wishes for your order

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @vyas11 said:

I order a Black Friday special of $ 80 for two years to pay the server yesterday, but too busy to forget a payment on time, and now the bill has been closed

Hm.. didn't know one could still order the BF specials.

Btw:

Just like you get what you pay for,
    you don't get what you dont pay for.

Best wishes for your order

I caught the last wave of activity yesterday, but due to busy, has placed an order, but did not pay, so the bill was canceled overtime

• @unclewang said:
    Hello, I order a Black Friday special of $ 80 for two years to pay the server yesterday, but too busy to forget a payment on time, and now the bill has been closed, could help me open the bill, I want to buy you this server,and I will pay as soon as possible, the Invoice # 220649, I hope to get your reply, I have great hopes for your server.
    Thank you very much!

If you did not pay for the special within the time limit, it has been returned to stock and someone else has already bought it!

Anyway, you should open a ticket, no-one is going to resolve the problem here.

• @tetech said:

I vigorously disagree with your recommendation for two reasons:

1. Not everyone has or can afford Netflix. We appreciate the free (for us) entertainment.
    2. Some of us need to read sh!t like this once in a while (some more often than others) to feel better about our own poor life choices.
    Thanked by 3vimalware Chronic pbx
  • @user123 said:

@tetech said:

1. Not everyone has or can afford Netflix. We appreciate the free (for us) entertainment.
    2. Some of us need to read sh!t like this once in a while (some more often than others) to feel better about our own poor life choices.

Agreed. Shall I prepare the popcorn @user123 ?

• @user123 said:

@tetech said:

• @Salomon123 said:

@user123 said:

@tetech said:

Agreed. Shall I prepare the popcorn @user123 ?

Please do, good sir.

• Need beer! :D Need Moooorreee entertainmentt!!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@unclewang said: Hello, I order a Black Friday special of $ 80 for two years to pay the server yesterday, but too busy to forget a payment on time, and now the bill has been closed

@unclewang said: I caught the last wave of activity yesterday, but due to busy, has placed an order, but did not pay, so the bill was canceled overtime

Well unfortunately HostHatch is dealing with mad waves right now and is extremely busy provisioning servers and cancelling unpaid orders/invoices like yours, so yeah.

On second thought, you would have been better off telling the provider this in private or via a ticket instead and they might have been able to do something about it out of goodwill. Note the word might, though I highly doubt.

But since you posted this here and if they do decide to help you, they'd have to multiply the effort by the hundreds, and that's definitely not going to happen, so there's your answer.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • Being angry at a provider who request vps usage..that is very funny.
    You are trusting ur website to the provider, and any information with it.
    Whats so dodgy that you cant tell anyone what you do with the server while in the ToS they Clearly can check your vps content if necessary?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@davi said:
    Some people here are showing their high standards by not posting ticket number or talking about study of human behavior etc. I purchased two VPS from Virmach, two from hostsolutions, two from georgedatacenter, two from racknerd and only one from hosthatch in last 7 days. I have not posted any ticket number in any other provider thread and why only I have been forced here. Before blaming on customer, first check how @hosthatch is working.

1. No response on ticket for 7 days or PM message but quick response here. So motivating people to write in this thread. Admin can check my PM to him and no response from him.
    2. Ping-pong statement openly here in this thread regarding upgrade on existing VPS to new offer and commitment here that he was wrong and will keep his words to do upgrade and again u-turn saying that upgrade is not possible if amount is less than last year offer. Please first study @hosthatch human behavior.
    3. Yes I completely agree that his VPS was great last year without any downtime but I do not have to deal a single time with their support team and this is my first experience. So I will say he is selling 7 star product with 0 star customer service and -1 star sales team which confuse customer with contradicting statements.

Lol, everything is/was as mentioned in the post. You're taking everything on you.

• forcesforces Member
    edited December 2020

@TimboJones said:

@aibook said:

Please, i believe @hosthatch is working 7 days now. Even when he is not working, he is thinking about work.
    You do not have to invoke country bias. There are people truly love to work, as many providers are doing work 7 days.
    Hell, i have a service with a denmark provider, my ticket are always replied within hours, 7 days a week.
    Oracle called me on Sunday, while alibaba cloud called me only on office hours.

• @hosthatch just tagging to let you know that one of my orders got provisioned, but I did NOT receive any email about it (ofc, double checked Spam / junk, no joy).

I just happened to stumble across another server that came online when I logged in to the billing panel for something else.

Didn't want to open another ticket about it, so just putting it out here for when you check LET.

Thanked by 1vimalware