Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 88
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@davi said:

@hosthatch said:
    Yes.

So I will close posting further in this thread. As I have already created ticket for new VPS also within your time limit of offer. If you respect that then It will be great. Otherwise I will miss your room(VPS) :) but love to not deal with your service(support). Enjoy

Probably best we don't work together buddy - you have a collection of great providers already. Don't want a few unhappy people to overshadow thousands of happy ones :)

Thanked by 1jokotan
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2020

@hosthatch said:

@kmm996 said:
    Hi,Thank you for your promotion,I use $15 service for almost 2 years,and I have place an order for $80 biennially for 2T on 12/2, but today I saw some orders for the same service with an extra 4 IP , and the price is also $80 biennially. What's the matter?

There are no free IP addresses. Since we made "fixed priced" flash products, some people decided to add every extra thing before creating their orders.

You will be given exactly what we promised for the price. Nothing less and nothing more. There are no free extras on top. If any server gets assigned something free (CPU, IPs, bandwidth, anything else), it will be removed after we re-verify everything in a few days.

So people get no kind of IP, neither IPv4 and nor IPv6? Maybe they might get NAT connection though.

For example an offer clearly stated on page 15:

LAX storage:
    2 CPU cores
    10 TB storage
    2 GB RAM
    10 TB bandwidth
    $110 per year
    (yes, that is $0.9 per TB per month, and no, it cannot be customized in any way)
    These are also once in a life time deals as we have some unbalanced free storage on some nodes
    They are not sustainable and will not be offered again so get yours now
    Cannot be used to replace existing VMs
    https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/bf1-lax

OR another example on page 29:

CHI storage:
    2 CPU cores
    10 TB storage
    2 GB RAM
    15 TB bandwidth
    $240 per 2 years
    (it cannot be customized in any way - if you need more RAM or CPU or bandwidth or flowers, for example, we offer other discounted plans where we actually make some money)
    These are also once in a life time deals as we have some unbalanced free storage on some nodes
    Cannot be used to replace existing VMs
    https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/bf-10tb-chi

So, because there is no mention of IPv4 or IPv6, customers get NAT connection?

@hosthatch - If I remember correctly, some pages allowed IPv4 selection when ordering, and the price was being adjusted accordingly with every IPv4 added. If extra IP was ordered and it was specified on invoice, then consumer should get what they ordered. Period. A client should never be responsible for provider's mistakes. An invoice has a legal value, and provider should inform consumer if huge mistakes were made, and then ask for apologies if such monumental mistakes were made. Otherwise, this can go to court for taking money and not providing according to contract and/or invoice. Please be careful with these issues.

Thanked by 1hosthatch

@default said:

Otherwise, this can go to court for taking money and not providing according to contract and/or invoice.

Truly looking forward to going to court to explain why we didn't give out free IP addresses.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • @hosthatch said:

@davi said:

@hosthatch said:
    Yes.

So I will close posting further in this thread. As I have already created ticket for new VPS also within your time limit of offer. If you respect that then It will be great. Otherwise I will miss your room(VPS) :) but love to not deal with your service(support). Enjoy

Probably best we don't work together buddy - you have a collection of great providers already. Don't want a few unhappy people to overshadow thousands of happy ones :)

I have to write as you replied. We work together or not, it is upto you dear if you want to keep your words on new VPS or not. As said earlier I am not unhappy with your VPS but with your service . You accepted your mistake here about your ping-pong statement on upgrade and it should have been great if you have written at that time itself also that you will respect upgrade tickets if no price decrease. Then I would have close upgrade ticket instead of new VPS ticket. Dear first you do mistake and then do not manage it decent way. Now say we can not work together, please go and learn from viridweb they messed up offer but handled it correctly and even cancelled my order also but check my comment on his thread, I have not complained about this. We customer also understand provider's stress and mistake and do not want to cash these. But some time under stress you provider only think all customer as cheater. No need to reply as then I have to reply. It is upto you if you want to work with unhappy customer or just want happy customer to keep your bad quality of customer service team happy.

Thanked by 1insight
  • @dragonfsky said:
    I spent 5 days trying to tell the billing department that I have lost 3$. I originally had a balance of 14.5$. This year I added 55$ credits, and I spent 11$ and 30$, so my correct balance should be 14.5+ 55-11-30 = 28.5$ but my current balance is only 25.5$.But they insisted that it was caused by my ignorance of the billing system, and cancelled the refund for my flash sale order. :s They should know all this better than me, but I have to spend so much time telling them what happened.

wtf 3$ gtfo here man. let everything settle down then ask your question.

Thanked by 2tetech dragonfsky
  • bigmakerbigmaker Member
    edited December 2020

i have PayPal depute for problem with company, a disappointing, unprofessional company. I advise you if it's like me, open the case with paypal. That is the best way for a stubbornly supplier
    I don't want to make a big problem out of it, but if you don't solve it, the problem will appear at WHT and some review pages, not stop at LET

• @default said: Otherwise, this can go to court for taking money and not providing according to contract and/or invoice.

Hahahahaha. Going to court over a <$100 service... Seriously? I'd love to see you waste spend thousands in court fees just to prove a point.

@default said: A client should never be responsible for provider's mistakes

Except pricing mistakes happen all the time (eg. occasionally Amazon have coupon codes for their products like Fire Sticks and tablets, but accidentally make the coupons work on other products), and it's completely acceptable for the seller to adjust the order to the correct price, or even cancel the order.

I'm not entirely sure what happened here... It sounds like someone ordered an extra IP but the flash sales were not supposed to allow an extra IP to be added, or something like that? Regardless, terms of service usually explicitly state that the provider does not have to honour 'mistake' prices.

Thanked by 2tetech FrankZ
  • @bigmaker said:
    i have PayPal depute for problem with company, a disappointing, unprofessional company. I advise you if it's like me, open the case with paypal. That is the best way for a stubbornly supplier
    I don't want to make a big problem out of it, but if you don't solve it, the problem will appear at WHT and some review pages, not stop at LET

Hopefully your dispute was more factually based than this.

• @bigmaker said:

You sir should go get bent. You can’t read the initial post about the flash sale and lead times.

YOUR problem so suck it up little girl

• @davi said: I have to write as you replied.

"I have to have the last word". Never augurs well for a relationship.

Thanked by 2FrankZ skorous
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Daniel15 said:
    I'm not entirely sure what happened here... It sounds like someone ordered an extra IP but the flash sales were not supposed to allow an extra IP to be added, or something like that? Regardless, terms of service usually explicitly state that the provider does not have to honour 'mistake' prices.

Sharing what I know from my perspective:

Apparently, someone noticed that the IP is "free" in the order page when bi-annual payment is selected up till 5 IP.

After he/she discovered this, he/she quickly share it with the community and ask them to send in a ticket or cancel current order to order again with the 5 free IP. (This not only add more efforts needed for them to reply to each ticket, also lots of other admin work)

However, Hosthatch replied that in order to add the 4 additional IP, $80 of payment is required. After that, people become angry.

In short, some people are trying to be smart and take advantage of the provider but become angry after it doesn't happen.

• bigmakerbigmaker Member
    edited December 2020

@Salomon123 said:

@bigmaker said:

You sir should go get bent. You can’t read the initial post about the flash sale and lead times.

YOUR problem so suck it up little girl

I don't buy their discounts, I buy them directly, so I need them to deliver right away to run the website. I had to pay racknerd to buy other vps, with me money no problem. I choose to buy them because I like cheap NVME. How is your website if it doesn't run for a day? I was their first client since 2012. when they were new members of WHT. I am a longtime member of WHT, I rarely comment on LET But I had to sign up for an account
    at LET to solve the problem with them

@Daniel15 said:

I honestly don't know exactly what this is yet, since I've been busy with.....actual work.

I think its something like this: there are a few flash plans where you can add extra IP addresses. The order form will show every extra IP at $24/year.

But when you click on create server, the cost will not show up in the invoice and the invoice will only have the price of the server.

Some people think they've discovered the next big hack by doing this. But no one is going to end up getting any free IP addresses.

@bigmaker said:

My friend, you first opened a ticket asking for the promotional plan after the promotion already expired. Then you ordered something from the website and it was marked for manual review. You need to relax.

This is the conversation in the ticket.

HostHatch: What is the planned usage of these servers?
    You: you don't see billing invoce?
    24 hours later....
    You: I use the server to run the website. Are you crazy asking me what to use the server for

No buddy, we're not crazy asking you why you are creating a server. We want to make sure you are the type of customer we want our network or not.

Relax, maybe go for a nice walk in the park, then be polite and more understanding that we are not trying to screw up your life, we're just doing our job, and things will work out fine. Otherwise keep going on your rude crusade and see how helpful it is.

@bigmaker said:
    I don't buy their discounts, I buy them directly, so I need them to deliver right away to run the website. I had to pay racknerd to buy other vps, with me money no problem. I choose to buy them because I like cheap NVME. How is your website if it doesn't run for a day? I was their first client since 2012. when they were new members of WHT. I am a longtime member of WHT, I rarely comment on LET But I had to sign up for an account
    at LET to solve the problem with them

It might be helpful to use your account from 2012 then, since the account you are using now has no history and $0 spent with 0 active or previous services, and will require manual verification. Using abusive and rude language won't help you get anywhere.

@FAT32 said:

@Daniel15 said:

Apparently, someone noticed that the IP is "free" in the order page when bi-annual payment is selected up till 5 IP.

After he/she discovered this, he/she quickly share it with the community and ask them to send in a ticket or cancel current order to order again with the 5 free IP. (This not only add more efforts needed for them to reply to each ticket, also lots of other admin work)

However, Hosthatch replied that in order to add the 4 additional IP, $80 of payment is required. After that, people become angry.

In short, some people are trying to be smart and take advantage of the provider but become angry after it doesn't happen.

Ah thank you. My mind was going crazy....at least now I know. Thanks. :)

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • ArirangArirang Member
    edited December 2020

About 30% discout for all location vps, all vps have to be the same plan (all is 2gb nvme, 8gb nvme or 16gb nvme) according to supports. If I correctly read this thread and remember, there was no such thing as everything should be the same plan.

They can be upgraded to other plan later, so I think I can order the mixed plan (2gb and 8gb)

@hosthatch said: @sonic said:
    @hosthatch Are these promo VPS upgradable? Ex: I order 15 VPS - 1GB NVMe, one each location. Then 2 month later, I upgrade some of them to 2GB NVMe, maybe 1 month later, I >upgrade some of them to 4GB NVMe. Can I still get discount price as same as this BF?

Yes they are. The ones in the original post only.

Anyway I don't want bother support so I happily add more fund that they permit me to do.

To be clear, Is it exactly 14 locations or 15 locations? Op only includes 14 locations.

• @Arirang said: To be clear, Is it exactly 14 locations or 15 locations? Op only includes 14 locations.

It is 14 locations. Support told me the 15 locations was a little typo.

Thanked by 1Arirang
  • @hosthatch said:

@Daniel15 said:

I honestly don't know exactly what this is yet, since I've been busy with.....actual work.

I think its something like this: there are a few flash plans where you can add extra IP addresses. The order form will show every extra IP at $24/year.

But when you click on create server, the cost will not show up in the invoice and the invoice will only have the price of the server.

Some people think they've discovered the next big hack by doing this. But no one is going to end up getting any free IP addresses.

@bigmaker said:

My friend, you first opened a ticket asking for the promotional plan after the promotion already expired. Then you ordered something from the website and it was marked for manual review. You need to relax.

This is the conversation in the ticket.

HostHatch: What is the planned usage of these servers?
    You: you don't see billing invoce?
    24 hours later....
    You: I use the server to run the website. Are you crazy asking me what to use the server for

No buddy, we're not crazy asking you why you are creating a server. We want to make sure you are the type of customer we want our network or not.

Relax, maybe go for a nice walk in the park, then be polite and more understanding that we are not trying to screw up your life, we're just doing our job, and things will work out fine. Otherwise keep going on your rude crusade and see how helpful it is.

You are a server provider and ask your customers what to buy servers for? I have bought from a variety of vendors, including vultr and OVH and linode, but have never come across one vendors like this. I was going to buy a promotion at first, but when I reread the article I switched to buying directly because I didn't want to wait. i have two account from hosthatch not one. my website https://apktab.com had to stop working for 1 day because of this problem. I will terminate here.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited December 2020

@bigmaker said: including vultr and OVH and linode

Do you see Vultr or OVH or Linode offering 16GB RAM for $60/year?

Thanked by 3FrankZ Trav DarkCarnage
  • @bigmaker said: my website https://apktab.com had to stop working for 1 day because of this problem.

You provide a means to bypass Google's region lock policies. You also provide APKs that are not available on Google Play.

Do you scan for malware before you make those APKs available on your site?

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @Unixfy said:

I don't care, what I need is stability, I only plan to buy 1 vps at hosthactch to run a 6 month old website to save costs for the whole system of my website. I will stop this hereto solve the problem. A big supplier will never ask their customers what they buy vps for

@bigmaker said:
    You are a server provider and ask your customers what to buy servers for? I have bought from a variety of vendors, including vultr and OVH and linode, but have never come across one vendors like this. I was going to buy a promotion at first, but when I reread the article I switched to buying directly because I didn't want to wait. i have two account from hosthatch not one. my website https://apktab.com had to stop working for 1 day because of this problem. I will terminate here.

So your website was down but you created two accounts with us (apparently one from 2012) and one with no history at all. Then you decided to order two VMs from the new account with zero history, which got flagged for manual review - all the while your production website was down for one day?

@Unixfy said: Do you see Vultr or OVH or Linode offering 16GB RAM for $60/year?

This has nothing to do with pricing to be honest. Most providers use fraud checking systems and manual verification when the system is triggered....the logic being thrown out here about "how dare you ask what I will use my VPS for when no one in my life asked me how to live my life" is..... just strange.

@bigmaker said:
    A big supplier will never ask their customers what they buy vps for

Oh ok then. :(

Thanked by 1lentro
  • Listen, I don't want to be disrespectful but if you're expecting instant or fast delivery then this provider may not be the right choice for you at this very moment. Either give it a try in a couple of weeks and order straight from their main website and not through a BF deal or go with a provider that can deliver fast service if that's what you want.

Most of us have been through this last year too, I did place an order because I can wait as much as it takes for the service to be delivered and ain't complaining about that.

• @FAT32 said:

@Daniel15 said:

Huh, interesting. Obviously the free IPs are a mistake. As a customer, a reasonable response would be "oh, I thought they were free. Oh well, please provision it without the extra IPs" (or alternatively, "please send me an updated invoice with the proper price for the IPs"). Of course, some people are not reasonable and want everything for nothing.

• @saibal said:

@bigmaker said: my website https://apktab.com had to stop working for 1 day because of this problem.

You provide a means to bypass Google's region lock policies. You also provide APKs that are not available on Google Play.

Do you scan for malware before you make those APKs available on your site?

it's running from six month, and not problem with google. I have bought 1 private server to store clean apk files

Listen, I don't want to be disrespectful but if you're expecting instant or fast delivery then this provider may not be the right choice for you at this very moment. Either give it a try in a couple of weeks and order straight from their main website and not through a BF deal or go with a provider that can deliver fast service if that's what you want.

Most of us have been through this last year too, I did place an order because I can wait as much as it takes for the service to be delivered and ain't complaining about that.
    >
    I do not buy a promotion,I think their website generates vps like vultr or linode But I was wrong.

• @FrankZ said:
    I did not upgrade my old VPSes from Hosthatch
    (although I thought about it).
    I didn't take the previous customer discount of 10%
    (because It was already such a great deal)
    I am hoping that my VPSes are not provisioned too fast.
    (because I have lots of other work to do.)
    I have not listed a ticket number in this thread.
    (because I don't understand why you would)

@Falzo Is there something wrong with me?

Said by no one?

• @noexittv said:

@thedp said:

@noexittv said:
    Anyone who got their NVMe machine provisioned yet? I've only seen storage boxes so far..

And to safeguard myself from all drama here, I'm NOT complaining about anything. Just curious.

If there were, you'd see benchmarks posted here instead of ticket and order numbers.

True. Mhm so I assume HostHatch do have LOADS of machines to provision in the next 48 hours... Damn I wonder how their strategy with "provision smaller batches and carefully monitor for abuse" will work out :/

I'm sure they have everything under control. Better leave them to it. I'll go back to patiently waiting :)

That would be a poor assumption since weekends are not "working days". Now, if they said "5 working days" and therefore needed to make up time, then I'd expect them to pull overtime on the weekend. But they have two business day buffer, atm, so if they think they can do that in two days, then they probably said, "fuck, rough week, I'm chilling with the wife this weekend".

• Today is the seventh day. I have been waiting for a week. Why is the purchased vps still not activated?

• @bigmaker said:

@Unixfy said:

I don't care, what I need is stability, I only plan to buy 1 vps at hosthactch to run a 6 month old website to save costs for the whole system of my website. I will stop this hereto solve the problem. A big supplier will never ask their customers what they buy vps for

You'd be wrong. The "big suppliers" have sales people dedicated to your account and will call and email and explicitly ask you what your needs are. This is what sales people do: find out what customer wants/needs, tries to sell it to them.

If you call someone else a "noob" one more time...

FYI, when people buy or add IPv4 IP's (which one is included with each server), its probably more often than not that the use case/justification is requested. IP's have reputations and IP's are an asset. They don't want pieces of shit to ruin IP addresses and therefore their assets.