Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules? - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules?

Comments

• tgltgl Member
    edited November 2019

@Nekki so I guess you are saying we should take the war to them? start posting on their instagram, twitter, and facebook profiles instead of wasting our time here?

• @Nekki said:

angstrom said: I would count the reason why Anthony resigned as admin as an interference by CC with LET (unbanning a LET provider who had broken the rules more than once).

I'd long since forgotten about that (couple of years back, right) but that's still completely different to the removal of comments or other forms of censorship that you implied may befall this thread.

I was just reminding you about that incident, which would count as a case of interference (you spoke of interference).

I wasn't saying that CC would likely suppress this thread (if they ever looked at it). See also my comment just above.

• tgl said: @Nekki so I guess we should take the war to them? start posting on their instagram, twitter, and facebook profiles instead of wasting our time here?

Sure, if that's how you want to spend your free time, go for it. I don't consider that having to ignore the odd thread on LET warrants that level of activism, but then I've always been a pragmatist.

I will just caution that the 'war' is only really present in your mind.

Thanked by 2dynamo Falzo
  • tgltgl Member
    edited November 2019

@Nekki no, I'm just wondering how we could get their attention, and giving people ideas, in truth, they've been scamming too many people and this is what makes me a little upset, but no, my world is not crashing because of this

• angstrom said: I wasn't saying that CC would likely suppress this thread (if they ever looked at it).

You implied that may happen based on their past history of making censoring/editing, and that perhaps it hadn't happened because they'd not seen the thread yet. I've read the post three times to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, but I don't see how that isn't the most obvious interpretation of your words.

• tgl said: no, I'm just wondering how we could get their attention, and giving people ideas

To what end?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Ask bsdguy, he claimed to have had conversations with Jon about LET, and provided him with helpful tips on how to run the place.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @Nekki I think they saw the start of it, if I remember correctly someone posted something on LES about some Chris guy saying shit about @teamacc

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2019

@Nekki said:

angstrom said: My private suspicion is that they simply haven't read the great majority of such comments (so ignorance is bliss), but I may be mistaken about this.

I doubt they read everything, but there's evidence they're at least present here on a semi regular basis.

With time, CC will react to this thread, probably with some announcement about "upcoming changes for the better". (In general, CC are slow to react.)

• Bump

• tgl said: @Nekki I think they saw the start of it, if I remember correctly someone posted something on LES about some Chris guy saying shit about @teamacc

They will be aware, I'm quite sure.

Chris is a cunt.

Thanked by 2PHDan skorous
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2019

PHDan said: Ask bsdguy, he claimed to have had conversations with Jon about LET, and provided him with helpful tips on how to run the place.

I had some conversations with Jon about LEB once, didn't go well.

Thanked by 3PHDan skorous kkrajk
  • tgltgl Member
    edited November 2019

@Nekki I just want to return the favor, as they (CC) got my attention, but its just a thought. I really liked this place, this was many years ago, and these assholes infected it, so I cannot say I am happy about it, but its normal I do not act as you do because I took a very long break from here, back then there was some Chief guy in charge and they all said he was a puppet of CC

• tgl said: some Chris guy

Heh, he's not exactly 'some guy'...

• tgl said: back then there was some Chief guy in charge and they all said he was a puppet of CC

I don't think anyone genuinely know what the truth was with respect to Chief, we just know he was gifted LET to run it, then he flogged to CC and fucked off to spend his days flying kites.

• Nekki said: I had some conversations with Jon about LEB once, didn't go well.

He's not down with OPP.

Thanked by 2Nekki MichaelCee
  • @Nekki said:

angstrom said: I wasn't saying that CC would likely suppress this thread (if they ever looked at it).

You implied that may happen based on their past history of making censoring/editing, and that perhaps it hadn't happened because they'd not seen the thread yet. I've read the post three times to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, but I don't see how that isn't the most obvious interpretation of your words.

Sorry, I simply didn't say that they would likely suppress comments in this thread (or this thread altogether).

I said that there definitely are instances of their having suppressed comments before (how many, I don't know), and so there's a possibility (based on those instances) that they would suppress comments here as well, but I didn't say that they would therefore likely suppress comments in this thread as well. Those two statements are simply not equivalent.

(Compare "It's likely to rain tomorrow" vs "It's possible that it'll rain tomorrow (based on a past pattern of rain)".)

You disagree, which is fine.

(In any case, one comment later, I acknowledged that CC seem to have tolerated a lot of bashing comments so far.)

• Nekki said: You implied that may happen based on their past history of making censoring/editing, and that perhaps it hadn't happened because they'd not seen the thread yet.

angstrom said: I said that there definitely are instances of their having suppressed comments before (how many, I don't know), and so there's a possibility (based on those instances) that they would suppress comments here as well

What's the difference between those two statements?

• @Nekki said:

Nekki said: You implied that may happen based on their past history of making censoring/editing, and that perhaps it hadn't happened because they'd not seen the thread yet.

angstrom said: I said that there definitely are instances of their having suppressed comments before (how many, I don't know), and so there's a possibility (based on those instances) that they would suppress comments here as well

What's the difference between those two statements?

You quoted a different statement by me in the post that I was reacting to, which is what misled me.

As far as the two statements just above (yours and mine) are concerned, I'm okay with those two being equivalent.

(For the record, the main complaint against CC has never been that they have a habit of censoring comments, and I haven't claimed otherwise.)

• @tgl said:
    No, I was just Amitzing @poisson's post, because I agree with him, Amitz is a universal word that can mean many things in Vpsennen language

You are HIV Amitz.

• @Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

Anyone who wants to remain solely on LET is free to do so for whatever reason, but there's no need to invent an ideology for doing so. (I'm not saying that you in particular are doing this.)

I have literally no idea what you’re going on about now.

The people that talk like millennials on Facebook, is what I thought. > @Nekki said:

LET mods are well chill, always have been. Takes a lot to get banned here.

Don’t be surprised when mods on other forums aren’t so chill about you fucking up their shit.

I disagree. Banned twice for essentially swearing. Moderators are quite different. I liked it when Ant was a moderator, when he banned someone, his reason was valid and wasn't an asshole about it.

• TimboJones said: I disagree. Banned twice for essentially swearing.

It'll be ban 3 if you disagree with me again.

Thanked by 2luissousa kkrajk
  • @Nekki said:

TimboJones said: I disagree. Banned twice for essentially swearing.

It'll be ban 3 if you disagree with me again.

Well, the good news then would be you now agree with me, moderators are not chill.

• TimboJones said: Well, the good news then would be you now agree with me, moderators are not chill.

Timbo, you will never cease to be a source of entertainment for me.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • @TimboJones said:
    Banned twice for essentially swearing.

The reason Nekki shouldn't be a moderator, from his previous crass sig., if nothing else.
    :handgrenade:

• AlwaysSkint said: The reason Nekki shouldn't be a moderator, from his previous crass sig., if nothing else.

'Essentially swearing' is code for 'not actually swearing, but something else'.

• still 6 offers

• @Nekki said:

TimboJones said: Well, the good news then would be you now agree with me, moderators are not chill.

Timbo, you will never cease to be a source of entertainment for me.

In all seriousness, giving warnings to people before a ban makes a big difference. Waiting until "you've had enough" or "can't take this anymore" is a sign of moderators not moderating.

Good luck

• tgl said: still 6 offers

Not bad for week one really.

This discussion has been closed.