Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special - Page 43
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@WSS said:
    Nope.

Hmmm. I wonder who it could be then. I assume they have some relevance to this thread, right?

• @MasonR said:

@WSS said:
    Nope.

Hmmm. I wonder who it could be then. I assume they have some relevance to this thread, right?

No. I had two tabs open again and thought I was in the Pit. Evidently it wasn't newsworthy as it happened months ago, and I just never noticed.

Thanked by 1MasonR

@WSS said:

@MasonR said:

@WSS said:
    Nope.

No. I had two tabs open again and thought I was in the Pit. Evidently it wasn't newsworthy as it happened months ago, and I just never noticed.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @imok said:
    Meanwhile waiting my refund... since a month...

Open more tickets, and consider contacting PayPal- before opening a dispute.

• @imok said:
    Meanwhile waiting my refund... since a month...

Just bump the ticket, and Scott will respond. I opened a ticket about 2 months ago, the request was completed, but never got a response on the ticket. No way to close the ticket either, so expecting a lot of similar cases.

Scott, hire me to close all your completed tickets for you!

• you might try to tag him here @DatabaseByDesignLLC though he haven't been logged in since 12th august ...

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @Falzo said:
    you might try to tag him here @DatabaseByDesignLLC though he haven't been logged in since 12th august ...

He has my beer money that is why. Can't ever trust a Yeti with your beer money.

• I think it's time to Chargeback, no answer at all to ticket, phone, email, etc for almost a month.

• This host was looking quite good, I ordered a quarterly LET Special on the 09/01/2017.

After a week nothing has changed, so I open a ticket (DBD-09072017-X813) on the 09/07/2017 asking politely what's going on and when I can expect my order to be fulfilled.

To date no changes on my end as a customer, no response to the ticket, several phone calls have gone unanswered. I was quite hopeful but now I'm just disappointed.

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited September 2017

Ive been waiting on a ticket myself since the first of august regarding ipv6, so its nothing majorly important. But I really dont want to see their support ticket queue. Servers have been rock-solid, which is why Im not really complaining.

Not entirely sure what Id do if there was an actual problem and I wouldnt get any update for so long.

Thanked by 1Dustlab
  • I've had 4 tickets since receiving my server beginning of August; iDRAC ISO Mounting, HDD Swap, IPv4, and IPv6 (one with both and one separately for IPv4 as it was a critical requirement).

HDD swap took 2 weeks with 3 unreplied responses from me before activity and then required OS reload hhh. iDRAC was a month to sort out and Scott graciously installed OS for me after I began bumping the ticket every couple days. IPv4 took 6 weeks and I ended up creating a sales ticket for it once activity dropped off in the support one - up to 11 days without reply. IPv6 is still unresolved BUT, the server is excellent for the price and I'm otherwise up and running. However, @MagicalTrain is right I'd be fucked if there were a real issue that needed urgent attention, but with a working iDRAC (aside from ISO), I should be able to at least troubleshoot and handle most self-managed type things that come up.

8/10 worth it, would recommend to those who are patient/persistent/yeti sympathizers.

Thanked by 2MasonR WSS
  • Were none of you capable of reading the second post in this thread?
    Shit's bulletproof; Pray you don't need remote hands.

I'm waiting on IPv6 as well, I can't remember how long that took the first time- but I finally have an OS on my machines a month later. If it wasn't easy to dismiss because it was so cheap, I'd be pissed.

Thanked by 1Dustlab

sigh... my dual E5450 box went into a kernel panic early this morning and won't come back up. Hopefully they're able to sort out the issue before telling me to bugger off if they don't have spare parts for this antique yeti.

On a brighter note, I received a ticket response by Ryan in less than one fucking minute!!! I think that alone is worthy of a celebration.

Thanked by 2eva2000 WSS
  • Dbd is a great provider their only downfall is strict IPv4 allocations and that stopped me getting additional services in the future

• ashkulzashkulz Member
    edited October 2017

Huh ... there was a 30-minute downtime a few hours ago, after which the dual E5450 box came back up, but the X5660 box didn't and IPMI shows the hard disk has failed. Possibly a power failure?

• @advarisk said:
    Huh ... there was a 30-minute downtime a few hours ago, after which the dual E5450 box came back up, but the X5660 box didn't and IPMI shows the hard disk has failed. Possibly a power failure?

Let me check mine.

• WSSWSS Member

One of mine dunked, then came back. Interestingly enough, it was ONE of the cheapshit machines. The 2017 special is tickity-boo.

• @MasonR said:
    sigh... my dual E5450 box went into a kernel panic early this morning and won't come back up. Hopefully they're able to sort out the issue before telling me to bugger off if they don't have spare parts for this antique yeti.

On a brighter note, I received a ticket response by Ryan in less than one fucking minute!!! I think that alone is worthy of a celebration.

Same here, Scott responded within 20 minutes on my ticket. Hope that server can be brought back up...

• WSSWSS Member

@Linkhost said:
    Dbd is a great provider their only downfall is strict IPv4 allocations and that stopped me getting additional services in the future

Like what? The fact that it takes them weeks to get you a /32? I'm still waiting on IPv6.. from July. I was provisioned in August, though, so, blue skies!

• @WSS said:

@Linkhost said:
    Dbd is a great provider their only downfall is strict IPv4 allocations and that stopped me getting additional services in the future

Like what? The fact that it takes them weeks to get you a /32? I'm still waiting on IPv6.. from July. I was provisioned in August, though, so, _blue skies

I assumed they aren't responding fast for certain reasons but don't wanna say the wrong things :)

But for critical issues in the past they was fast but I can understand the frustration

• WSSWSS Member

@Linkhost I've been with DbD long before this thread. I use them in production. They're just not fast. @Dacentec has really spoiled me with their instant responses.

It. Is. Alive!! Server is back up and functional. I'm wary to point my DNS records back at it until I receive a reply to my ticket to what was causing the kernel panic. Or maybe I'll do it anyway since I like living on the edge.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member

I found how to get Scott to answer tickets: Stop being patient and start sending insults. He's damn quick to respond to those.

• Must try that, my server is still not back up...

• @advarisk said:
    Must try that, my server is still not back up...

Ask him for some nudes that should get you a response

• WSSWSS Member

Actually, @Linkhost might be onto something. I finally got my IPv6 and RDNS setup.

Thanked by 1Linkhost
  • Looks like they have another special

E3-1270
    16GB (Upgrade to 32GB for $20/m)
    240GB SSD (Upgrade to 2x 240GB SSD for $15/m)
    1Gbps /w 20TB BW
    IPMI
    1x IPv4 (Add IPv4 for $2.50/m ea)
    IPv6 /64 (on request)
    $114 Semi-Annually or $19/mo 

https://www.databasebydesignllc.com/newportal/cart.php?a=add&pid=20035

• @FredQc said:
    Looks like they have another special

E3-1270
    1Gbps /w 20TB BW
    IPMI
    IPv6 /64 (on request)

Question: why is doubling the ram adding $20 when you can get everything else for a buck cheaper? Add-on pricing makes no sense...

• @FredQc said:

E3-1270
    1Gbps /w 20TB BW
    IPMI
    IPv6 /64 (on request)

nice very happy with my previously nabbed DBD special - comes in handy for various Centmin Mod related testing server (so many setups to test heh) https://community.centminmod.com/threads/databasebydesign-july-4th-special-intel-xeon-e3-1230-for-17-76-month.12292/

• WSSWSS Member

@FredQc said:

Where'd you find this? I can't find it anywhere on their site. Also, I'd like clarification if the IPMI actually works, because the iDRAC cheapies are still twisting in the wind.

This discussion has been closed.